Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
The Keats push is pretty wtf and I get strong "no D1 reads let's dunk binus" energy from it. Not because Keats himself is townie (he's probably the grayest of my reads right now), but because it feels lazy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Johnny Keats posted:

No, Cube gets voted day 1 too much. ##Vote Hal

Willing to hear your reasoning on this one.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

It's all vibes, I'm afraid to say

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

For example:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm feeling a bit of the keats scum game so far

Tests the waters before later agreeing with a different poster (Shwin) and voting for me (this quote was agreeing with Sandwolf).

And ironic posts like:

Hal Incandenza posted:

drat earlier you were convinced I was town
and

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mmm hmmm, gottme
in response to being scumread

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay yeah this is scum Meen.

"Yeah Hal might be town, I'll vote him maybe, but maybe I'll just stay on my current read. Here, someone else put in the work for this investigation that I suggested.

##vote: Meen

Bruh. If this is Scum!Meen someone has hacked his account.

I was re-reading Plas because I felt iffy there but in a quick skim I think I feel iffy because his reads seem to be backwards to mine, which, eh, happens.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Johnny Keats posted:

It's all vibes, I'm afraid to say

Yanno... I buy it 'cause I'm hearing something off on Hal too. Which is like, the strangest feeling ever.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I'm gonna open a different melon here. Or a different wolfie, I guess.

Sand feels relaxed and I for one am more than happy to play with happy!Sand, but his actual content has got me wondering a little bit. Specifically, he feels weirdly snipey at things, like in those:

Sandwolf posted:

Cube’s reaction to Shell did ping me a bit, Zoya is also pinging me a bit

Shell town tho agreed @shwinnebego

Sandwolf posted:

lmao this seems like such an egregiously loving bad thing to post I have to assume you’re scum?

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t like this hedge on Keats

Sandwolf posted:

Definitely bad now that he’s posted immediately

There is some questioning of people in his posts too, and I agree with him that the mechanics chat probably was a bore to anyone not involved in it. But I can't help but feel Sand is just slightly pulled back this game, and I don't really like it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

TMor not existing is ew. But I'm not gonna argue for dunking someone with like 3 unrelated to game posts D1. That's even lazier than the Keats dunk attempt, IMO.

TMor, dude, post a bit.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PS. Unrelated to TMor's scummyness or lack of, the "All replacements are scum" theory is a) absolutely false, at least for SA and b) sucks when you're actually modding and need to find a replacement, AND when you are the person doing the mod a solid by jumping onto a game midway.

So, please, can we not?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Shellception posted:

TMor not existing is ew. But I'm not gonna argue for dunking someone with like 3 unrelated to game posts D1. That's even lazier than the Keats dunk attempt, IMO.

TMor, dude, post a bit.

...TMor is a replacement. i think he's scum cuz replacements are always scum, but this is an odd argument to make

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Johnny Keats posted:

No, Cube gets voted day 1 too much. ##Vote Hal

:goofy:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

...TMor is a replacement. i think he's scum cuz replacements are always scum, but this is an odd argument to make

Which is the argument there exactly? That he hasn't done anything at all this game?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Shellception posted:

Which is the argument there exactly? That he hasn't done anything at all this game?

he's only been in the game for thirty seven seconds! but, would you really bus a scumbro the moment they replaced in? i find that kind of unlikely

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

he's only been in the game for thirty seven seconds! but, would you really bus a scumbro the moment they replaced in? i find that kind of unlikely

K.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

##vote Cube for now, but very open to change. I feel like I went from having almost all townreads to scumreading half the game in the space of a night.

Not doing Meen or Maer today, probably not Plastic either. Right now I would need a very good, comvincing argument for Opop, shwin or Clo though I really wanna hear of Clo today, particularly on the "who scum" front.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think Cloaca posting that spreadsheet is pretty townie really, weird to jump on that by Sandwolf, but does that make Sandwolf scummy? Possibly! Otherwise Sandwolf feels only mildly engaged thus far so I can't read much else in his posting.

I'm interested in the "Clo is townie for posting the spreadsheet" line of thought here, if you don't mind to explain?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Actually I took a more detailed look at Zoya past the weird tonal shifts thingies and her scum-related posts are more than light:

Zoya posted:

cube, maybe? the shell response was weird and felt like scum trying to make town sound like they have TMI, but also this game started sooner than i expected and my attempts to catch up with all these fuckin numbers and letters have me realizing that this setup is significantly more complicated than i realized

i'm probably gonna pick whichever fishing spot sounds the funniest phonetically and fish there 6 times rather than thinking about it very hard

Zoya posted:

##vote tmor replacements are always scum

Zoya posted:

did you finally roll scum, shwinne?

Zoya posted:

THIS is absolutely a scum post ##vote plastic

Zoya posted:

Cube is scum, TMor is a replacement and therefore scum, couple pokes at Shwinn and Plas with no other followup, Maer is goofy, TMor is a replacement and therefore scum.

I get the RL issues, I really do. But Zoya is here today, and what she's putting out really doesn't feel like someone scumhunting, it just feels like going through the motions and just sitting on the easiest lurker callout vote of the game.

##vote Zoya

(Also I really feel that if

Zoya posted:

THIS is absolutely a scum post ##vote plastic

is literally a scum post, it'd be pretty funny to boot)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

What's up bro?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

If I had the ability I'd fire the :goofy: emoji into the sun, people use it too often in lieu of actual words

Zoya, what about my post about Cube do you disagree with?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

If I had the ability I'd fire the :goofy: emoji into the sun, people use it too often in lieu of actual words

Zoya, what about my post about Cube do you disagree with?

:goofy:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(I'm sorry I'm sorry it had to be done)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Boo hiss

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Cube isn't the sort of poster to be guarded about what they speculate about, IMO. It's the "scum spreadsheets" thing yet again - wild speculation and info sharing helps him look townie, while costing virtually nothing to do.

That was my thought too, but he hasn't given "wild speculation" vibes in this game. Almost the opposite

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Cloacamazing! posted:

Illu has changed my confessional name and says I can be a seal if I want, but he won't let me steal your fishies.

Oh seeeal, oh seeal, oh seal oh seeeal
I'm begging of you please don't take my fish

BBB. Zander and Goldfish and then fuckshitnothin'.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

I'm interested in the "Clo is townie for posting the spreadsheet" line of thought here, if you don't mind to explain?

Maybe Clo would be cheeky enough to post a spreadsheet labeled “Clos scummy spreadsheet” as scum, but why? What was the advantage to scum Clo to do such a thing other than to revel in hubris?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

##vote Cube for now, but very open to change. I feel like I went from having almost all townreads to scumreading half the game in the space of a night.

Not doing Meen or Maer today, probably not Plastic either. Right now I would need a very good, comvincing argument for Opop, shwin or Clo though I really wanna hear of Clo today, particularly on the "who scum" front.

That’s a very large “would not vote” list and I’m not sure what most of the second half of that list has done to warrant that

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Would town Clo name her spreadsheet "Clo's scummy fishing diary"? Absolutely.
Would scum Clo name it like this? Absolutely.
Clearly that means I'm 3P.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I'm having fun with the fishing minigame, we should just make this a fishing competition. No votes, no kills, rods only.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s a very large “would not vote” list and I’m not sure what most of the second half of that list has done to warrant that

Three is a very large list? The second half are people I don't have a scumcall in or that look town to me. Given the "scummy people" list is like 6, why on Earth would I want to go there without a case at least?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Cloacamazing! posted:

Would town Clo name her spreadsheet "Clo's scummy fishing diary"? Absolutely.
Would scum Clo name it like this? Absolutely.
Clearly that means I'm 3P.

What are you thinking re: who scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Three is a very large list? The second half are people I don't have a scumcall in or that look town to me. Given the "scummy people" list is like 6, why on Earth would I want to go there without a case at least?

ok, I guess I misunderstood

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
To clarify some things about submitting fish for judging and winning powers because they are not very clearly explained in the OP.

You submit fish for judging in your confessional, same as fishing. Preferably please get your fish submitted in before the voting deadline, but I'll give an hour grace period after hammer to get them in, longer in case of an early hammer. If you don't get your submission in by then 2 of your biggest fish of different species will be automatically selected for you.

The sizes of the winning fish for each species will be announced, but the players that submitted them will not be publicly announced.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Johnny Keats (3): shwinnebego, Hal Incandenza, CubicalSucrose
CubicalSucrose (1): shwinnebego, shwinnebego, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, Shellception, Shellception
Ignatius M. Meen (1): PlasticAutomaton
Hal Incandenza (1): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Johnny Keats
Cloacamazing! (1): Sandwolf
PlasticAutomaton (1): Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Zoya
Tired Moritz (1): Zoya, Ignatius M. Meen, Zoya
Zoya (1): shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Maerlyn, Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Maerlyn, Shellception
Maerlyn (0): Ignatius M. Meen, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Ignatius M. Meen
Sandwolf (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Shellception (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (3): Cloacamazing!, Opopanax, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 03rd, 2024 at 11 p.m. EEST -- that's in about 5 hours, 36 minutes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Shellception posted:

What are you thinking re: who scum?

Oh come on, when have I ever not answered this question with "u scum"?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maybe Clo is scum trolling us after all

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Cloacamazing! posted:

Oh come on, when have I ever not answered this question with "u scum"?

I have, but only as scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

And now I see I misread the answer. Wops. Still.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nah it's this ##vote shwinne all over the place, easy lazy-rear end votes, and more hedges than the Overlook Hotel

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
That aside, the Keats case is non-existent and I'm sus of the people jumping on it. Cube's been posting kind of bad and that vote is not helping. Zoya being a low postcount player is off too though, and Cube tends to die early, so I'll ##vote Zoya for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Nah it's this ##vote shwinne all over the place, easy lazy-rear end votes, and more hedges than the Overlook Hotel

Yeah shwinne's posts about keats are pretty scummy. There were a couple games there were shwinne was putting in effort and making good points and while I don't expect that all the time this is such a far cry from that and also isn't in his sort of stream of consciousness/give no fucks style and it feels off.