Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Getter Robo Devolution sure had an ending.

It was okay, dragged near the end, but that finale was some peak Super Robot Wars final stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Incoming big news - SRW T will have an expansion pack released in the 27th.

It'll be an extra set of 14 missions, with a route split (totaling 20 unique stages), set after the main game (everything you got will be carried over) and you'll also get the V and X OGs along for the ride.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

It'll be an extra set of 14 missions, with a route split (totaling 20 unique stages), set after the main game (everything you got will be carried over) and you'll also get the V and X OGs along for the ride.
Huh. Any new units?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Brunom1 posted:

Neat! Is it coming out for the SEA English release on the 27th too?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
In regards to both questions, the article doesn't say.

I'd be surprised if it didn't get an SEA release, considering every other DLC did, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh. Any new units?
If they're bringing back the V and X OGs, it'd be cool to get some of the series that were in those games but not in T. Not that I'd expect every single unit but like, Ange, Wataru, Sousuke and so on. The main characters. Of course licensing would be a pain to work out just for DLC, but at the very least it'd probably be very easy to get the gundam guys back, considering.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 20, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

And here's a guide to getting DLC via third party seller, if you're on switch.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Well that's pretty sweet. Hopefully it'll just end up available on the SEA PSN Store, even if I can't afford it right yet.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I fall off the game and every time, without fail, this happens. I stop playing and suddenly "oh hey you can now rank up your skills more and everyone has more stats", "oh hey a whole post-game campaign". Geez. Maybe I just need to not play at all so you people can drop a whole new game on me!

(I really need to finish my second playthrough...)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm torn between doing a second playthrough and just waiting to do the expansion with my current clear data.

It doesn't help that I'm feeling some SRW burnout after marathoning Z and MX over the last month and a half

Friendofdean
Aug 21, 2015
Hey guys. I've just started streaming, and for some ungodly reason I decided to play Z for my first streams. I have never played Z without following Brunom's LP for squad setups, but seeing as this is for an audience I feel that I can't really do that. Any advice or suggestions for squad setups?Combination attackers in same squads or different ones? That kind of thing. I'm playing with Setsuko as the main character if that helps.

Also, am I allowed to advertise my stream here when I play SRW?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Friendofdean posted:

Hey guys. I've just started streaming, and for some ungodly reason I decided to play Z for my first streams. I have never played Z without following Brunom's LP for squad setups, but seeing as this is for an audience I feel that I can't really do that. Any advice or suggestions for squad setups?Combination attackers in same squads or different ones? That kind of thing. I'm playing with Setsuko as the main character if that helps.

Put someone with Accel in every squad. This is pretty much the only point I will always keep in mind when squad-building, not having Accel is miserable.

Also I usually keep combination attackers in the same squads for ease of use but you'll get more damage separate, so up to you.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
You're absolutely encouraged to plug your stream here whenever you go live. By all means!

As far as squad setup goes, I don't remember too many specifics about Z, but my general rule of thumb is to always have an Accelerate user in every squad. The rest you can probably figure out through trial and error and going "oh huh this guy's attacks don't match with the squad leader".

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 20, 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Friendofdean posted:

I usually had both Mazingers in the same squad, Kei with Olson and Gredinzer with at least one of its support planes. Also Daitarn with Zambot once I was tight on leader spots but they're usually better in separate squads ime.

The biggest thing to check is going to be squaddie attack ranges. Like did you know that Zambot has a 2-3 range PLA attack which makes it mesh horribly with any leader that has a lot of range 1 post movement attacks like Getter or Daitarn.

Also for most late game maps you need as many squads as possible flying. Buy every Minovsky craft you can so you can get Jiron, Roger and any other good ground locked unit into the air. So many late game maps have just 'gently caress you' terrain that slows grounded units.

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 20, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mostly just spread out accels, make sure attack ranges match, and make sure fliers are with other fliers.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Friendofdean posted:

I'd recommend still just using the LP setups, they're often built for maximum conversations between characters and bosses while also having good synergy. I used them exclusively for my L and 99% unchanged for my UX streams because showing off as much of the writing as possible is my goal and the LP setups enable that (the LPs in general too). Mechanically: accelerate in as many squads as possible, keeping an eye on ranges so you don't have a long-range sniper guy matched with a 1-3 assist and make sure fliers are not having a bad time. I'd recommend combination attacks separated as much as possible because that way you can fire off more of them, with the exception being stuff like Grendizer combos, then the consideration is more who do the squaddies go better with for flying rather than optimising for damage so one of the Spazers can hang out with Grendizer. Kouji, Tetsuya, Ryouma and Duke Fleed separated throwing out four specials a turn is the good stuff.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Friendofdean posted:

Figure out your goal first. Being the maximum capitalist that I am, when I was playing along with Brunom on L (and fell off the bandwagon 3/4 of the way through the game), my primary goal was maximum income, and secondary goal being max levels. That meant that anyone with Luck or Bless was automatically in the party, and anyone with Gain or Cheer was almost certainly in. After that, I just needed to add enough primary damage dealers to not make it a total slog.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

If they're bringing back the V and X OGs, it'd be cool to get some of the series that were in those games but not in T. Not that I'd expect every single unit but like, Ange, Wataru, Sousuke and so on. The main characters. Of course licensing would be a pain to work out just for DLC, but at the very least it'd probably be very easy to get the gundam guys back, considering.

don't taunt me with the prospect of wataru the savior, cross ange and rayearth interacting

Hikaru: Wataru! Ange! With the power of our friendship we can defeat any foe!

Wataru: I beleive in all of us! We can do it!

Ange: I'LL FUCKIN RIP YOUR rear end OFF AND FEED IT TO YOU

Hikaru & Wataru: yaaaaaay~

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
No matter how divided our opinions of Cross Ange might be as a whole, at least we can all agree that Ange herself has a wonderful way with words.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

EthanSteele posted:

I'd recommend still just using the LP setups, they're often built for maximum conversations between characters and bosses while also having good synergy. I used them exclusively for my L and 99% unchanged for my UX streams because showing off as much of the writing as possible is my goal and the LP setups enable that (the LPs in general too). Mechanically: accelerate in as many squads as possible, keeping an eye on ranges so you don't have a long-range sniper guy matched with a 1-3 assist and make sure fliers are not having a bad time. I'd recommend combination attacks separated as much as possible because that way you can fire off more of them, with the exception being stuff like Grendizer combos, then the consideration is more who do the squaddies go better with for flying rather than optimising for damage so one of the Spazers can hang out with Grendizer. Kouji, Tetsuya, Ryouma and Duke Fleed separated throwing out four specials a turn is the good stuff.

yeah Z can be difficult but it's not so difficult that you need to tweak everything exactly, though if you want you can still do some insanely degenerate combos

Hokuto posted:

No matter how divided our opinions of Cross Ange might be as a whole, at least we can all agree that Ange herself has a wonderful way with words.

I really like Ange as a character, it's just her show itself that makes me sad

kinda like how Rom Stoll and Dancougar both kick total rear end when removed from their own series

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I kind of want to see GunxSword and Evangelion together to have Gendo in for the GunxSword finale.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm thinking its gonna be like Rengoku and just be VXT OGs time, but without Masaki. If there are actual series from not T in it though hotdang!

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Kinda reminds me of Dark Prison in how it's done, which like Shu's route was a fairly low-unit-count game too. It'd be really cool if there were some series inclusions though, yeah!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My fear is that it's just VTX originals and it's going to be twenty stages of the same three villain groups

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

About to finish my second playthrough, and I saw just how ridiculous Photon Power Rocket Punch gets.

At 12 upgrades, it has 10000 power. First time I see a move break the 4-digits. I can see why you only get to use it once per stage and so late in the game.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Guess it’s finally time to finish play through 3 on the 27th :shepface:

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Blaze Dragon posted:

About to finish my second playthrough, and I saw just how ridiculous Photon Power Rocket Punch gets.

At 12 upgrades, it has 10000 power. First time I see a move break the 4-digits. I can see why you only get to use it once per stage and so late in the game.

Masoukishin 1 was really funny about this in how your Prana would reflect the base power of the move, so if you grinded using a trick midway through the game to get to 99 you could have Vanity Ripper have like 29,000 base power

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Now give Koji the Hyper-Reloader

:getin:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Merilan posted:

Masoukishin 1 was really funny about this in how your Prana would reflect the base power of the move, so if you grinded using a trick midway through the game to get to 99 you could have Vanity Ripper have like 29,000 base power

Masoukishin is amazing for this. I will forever be in awe of the time I managed 6 digit damage outside of a cutscene with Full Possesion Granveil effectively one shotting a late game boss.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey I've got a quick Armored Core question here: is there any big advantage to playing the PSP versions of the AC3 games over the original PS2 ones?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay, finished that second playthrough, now I'm ready for the DLC.

I wanted to make the last scenario last until I got overpowered by the reinforcements...and then I find out they cap out at 20, which I can kill with so much ease that I could continue this forever. I just finished it there and then. I wanted to be punished for my hubris, not rewarded for recklessness...I'm a bit disappointed, but whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

My fear is that it's just VTX originals and it's going to be twenty stages of the same three villain groups

This feels most likely which to be honest makes it hard for me to care. I like the characters bouncing off anime characters, I don't really care about them teaming up to fight some rando.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

This feels most likely which to be honest makes it hard for me to care. I like the characters bouncing off anime characters, I don't really care about them teaming up to fight some rando.

At minimum, the article seems to indicate that all the playable anime characters from T will be in this (all upgrades imported), so it'd be pretty odd if they had no scenes with, say, Tetsuya.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Rengoku had Mel set up a cult to worship Gunleon and their prayer was just them singing the theme song and if this expansion has anything as good as that I'm in.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SpikeMcclane posted:

I kind of want to see GunxSword and Evangelion together to have Gendo in for the GunxSword finale.

gendo: wow you're a lovely dad

shinji: ...

gendo: what?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Put Rebuild Shinji in the 10 Years Club.

KoB
May 1, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

Put Rebuild Shinji in the 10 Years Club.

put rebuild Asuka in the 10 years club

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

KoB posted:

put rebuild Asuka in the 10 years club

Why not include them both?

Asuka could be the one who's in regular enough contact to have banter, know what's going on, and be a part of everyone else's lives to the point of everyone having insulting but good natured nicknames for each other.

Meanwhile, Shinji just woke up, and Asuka has an eyepatch, Ryoma spent ten years in jail, and Amuro, the guy he sat next to in the hangars commiserating about how much their dads sucked and how much being Bright slapped also sucked, is now a living legend who's settled down long enough that he's expecting a kid.

Just give him the full weight of all the timeskips at once.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

chiasaur11 posted:

Why not include them both?

Asuka could be the one who's in regular enough contact to have banter, know what's going on, and be a part of everyone else's lives to the point of everyone having insulting but good natured nicknames for each other.

Meanwhile, Shinji just woke up, and Asuka has an eyepatch, Ryoma spent ten years in jail, and Amuro, the guy he sat next to in the hangars commiserating about how much their dads sucked and how much being Bright slapped also sucked, is now a living legend who's settled down long enough that he's expecting a kid.

Just give him the full weight of all the timeskips at once.

Reminds me of an old idea I had for a SRW game, where the prologue starts with a combined version of the finales for Gunbuster, Getter Robo Armageddon, and Gaogaigar FINAL, with the stage ending with the Gunbuster, Shin Getter Robo, and all of GGG except Mamoru and Kaidou apparently dead(or at least trapped forever in another dimension), with the rest of the cast of that time period mourning the loss of heroes*

Cue about 30 years or so later during the main part of the game when they manage to escape and return to Earth, only to discover how much has changed, besides all the new threats to the Earth, there's changes to those they knew, like their comrade in arms Shuuji Kurosu becoming the villainous Master Asia, or that Mamoru's shy classmate Gendo becoming part of a sinister conspiracy and even worse that he's become an amazingly lovely dad

*inspired partly by a similar stage in Alpha 3, except they escaped immediately in that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendofdean
Aug 21, 2015
Thanks for the advice about the squad system guys. Stream is live now over at https://www.twitch.tv/friendofdean. I'm using Brunom's LP as a plot description, but gameplay is obviously mine. Come and check it out if you want.