Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
It is a shame, as even getting remote raids to work can be a challenge. I'm sure I am not the only one who has experienced joining up for a remote raid, only to find out when the battle starts - that 3 other team members dropped out and now you're left fighting a five-star raid on your own.

... And even after the battle is won, there is no guarantee you will catch that pokemon. At least with a daily pass, it doesn't cost you anything since you get a free one each day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
At least we'll all get a shiny Pidgey this weekend :jerkbag:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Hey now....Pidgeot is actually meta relevant in GBL

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Don't know the shiny rate (presumably boosted but they never publish those anyway) the only bonus is.... a higher chance of different sizes???

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Eh I'll do it for the shiny jirachi quest. Should finish off that 385

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
love to be half-assing events after making hugely unpopular changes to the game

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
They need to learn from Disney or Activision-Blizzard and announce that Articuno is revealed to be gay all this time they just never showed them kissing in cutscenes and only holding hands with other gay Pokemon in the background.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Willsun posted:

They need to learn from Disney or Activision-Blizzard and announce that Articuno is revealed to be gay all this time they just never showed them kissing in cutscenes and only holding hands with other gay Pokemon in the background.

you jest for sure but you are also 100% correct

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I wanted to joke they're moving up Mega Rayquaza as damage control but I wonder if that'll piss off people further when they get to experience the new changes while the backlash is raw and remote raids are needed the most.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey, I just found out about the remote raid pass changes. Why make changes that make your game harder and less fun to play?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey, I just found out about the remote raid pass changes. Why make changes that make your game harder and less fun to play?

The answer is simple: money, dear boy

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012

Because selling the location data of you physically walking to a raid makes them more money OP.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mooktastical posted:

The answer is simple: money, dear boy

But it seems like they're doing something that would make them less money because they're causing less people to be able to play the game,

3DBlast posted:

Because selling the location data of you physically walking to a raid makes them more money OP.

Oh, nevermind. I instantly understand.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

But it seems like they're doing something that would make them less money because they're causing less people to be able to play the game,

People are going to complain but probably still pay.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Insert Boycott Modern Warfare Steam group screenshot here

The real free-to-play players already stopped remote raiding when they stopped giving remote passes away for free. Now I just raid locally and invite a bunch of whales from my friends list to complete the raid.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hey Kowaliszyn, AdamMangler & Angrygodofjebus... we're a gift away from BFFs. Any interest in timing it with an egg? Ready to send/receive whenever. (This is PartyPete btw)

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Hobo Clown posted:

Hey Kowaliszyn, AdamMangler & Angrygodofjebus... we're a gift away from BFFs. Any interest in timing it with an egg? Ready to send/receive whenever. (This is PartyPete btw)

If you want to throw out a time I'll try and be around but otherwise not a big deal.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Entropist posted:

Insert Boycott Modern Warfare Steam group screenshot here

There's youtube streamers posting videos with tape over their mouths like they were a political movement

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

angrygodofjebus posted:

If you want to throw out a time I'll try and be around but otherwise not a big deal.

How's tomorrow at 12pm ET?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Hobo Clown posted:

How's tomorrow at 12pm ET?

Should be good, thanks!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh that's nice they've rolled out this 'campfire' thing to everyone to help us find appealing remote raids more easily!

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Oh that's nice they've rolled out this 'campfire' thing to everyone to help us find appealing remote raids more easily!

This comes right before they double the price of remote raids, what a crazy coincidence!!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh is that what it is? it doesn't load everytime I click it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
LOL they also sent a push survey to me yesterday on top of rolling out campfire.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I just get "something went wrong, please try again" when I try to sign up for Campfire.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Sucks that it isn't working but very unsurprising for Niantic.

For those of you new to campfire, in my experience it fails to deliver on most of its potential so far, but it's incredibly useful for scouting nearby raids around town if you're trying to hop in the car or go for a walk to do some raiding.

I really hope the remote price increase doesn't kill poke genie or I'm probably done raiding though.

BigShasta fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 6, 2023

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The way it responds it's pretty clearly just a webview showing a site with no native UI or rendering involved, so no wonder it feels weird and wrong and fails to lead half the time.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 6, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Campfire seems like something that would have been a great idea like 2 years ago, but the need has been filled by a dozen other things by now

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Interestingly enough it is a web view and was mandated to be used on non-Pokemon projects two plus years ago but regularly poo poo the bed and here we are.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't like Campfire. The option to queue up for and search for raids really should have been added to the game itself and not this weird pseudo social platform.

The only thing it's really good for is its whitelabeled Slack chatrooms which are actually pretty good for chatting with local players if there isn't a local Discord, I guess.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Opopanax posted:

Campfire seems like something that would have been a great idea like 2 years ago, but the need has been filled by a dozen other things by now

Those things being chat apps that people actually use

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I can't find a basic explanation of how you're supposed to use Campfire to help raid in the game. From what little I can glean, you press the icon, it takes you to it's own app, you set a "flare" hoping people will come to it, and that's it?

I assume based on their incompetence your flare will only be seen by those on a friends list, and no one can confirm they're coming nor can chat with you saying ETA or anything and you basically sit there like an idiot hoping help comes. And I assume the flare has no function in the game and people have to check manually if someone they know in Campfire needs help?

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I get push notifications from campfire when Canadian goons put down flares, despite living in Missouri.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Amazing! They decided to pick Easter for Regileki, fine. I’m busy for the first and second ones, but got enough time for the third. There’s not a single of these around but it’s probably where Regidrago was last time, I thought. Nope.

As I arrive by car in the big park with the Ex gym from last time, I see nothing. I walk into both extremes of the park trying to pick a location and wondering just where in this bigass city the stupid thing spawned. It’s over 17:15 when I see it in the distance. I jump into the car as quickly as I could to get stuck in traffic and miss the final spawn.

Fourth biggest city in my country and they had the one spawn in the middle of nowhere and you had to be close to see it. On loving Easter! Niantic everyone! :bravo:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I was in Chicago and there was one spawn at 11. There's more but it's a holiday save my wife probably wants to spend it together since we're going to get parent's house...

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

As I arrive by car in the big park with the Ex gym from last time, I see nothing. I walk into both extremes of the park trying to pick a location and wondering just where in this bigass city the stupid thing spawned. It’s over 17:15 when I see it in the distance. I jump into the car as quickly as I could to get stuck in traffic and miss the final spawn.

Bonfire is good for one thing: Showing you what's spawning at gyms without having to be nearby.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I last posted in here when they had super Kyrogre and Groudon day and Niantic basically loving ate 3 of my 5 remote raid passes used because Kyrogre needed minimum 7-8 people to beat.

Now they doubled the price of remote raids, and weirdly limited it to 5 a day to be able to be used ?

Man, gently caress that poo poo. As others have mentioned, you aren’t even guaranteed a catch, win or refund of remote raid if you lose.

It’s obviously a cash grab, but even at the most optimistic outlook of encouraging people to go outside , but I’m also busy and just can’t always do that.

I’m loving done other than catching the general Pokémon a few times a week and doing other poo poo that doesn’t cost me money. Sucks because the game was fun for a long time and still can be, but end of the day I’m not spending double for something that was already pricy and doesn’t loving even guarantee I get anything for it.

Niantic :fuckoff:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fartington Butts posted:

Bonfire is good for one thing: Showing you what's spawning at gyms without having to be nearby.

I still have no idea how that poo poo works. I don't have the game open right now, but I can't remember seeing any new buttons on the local raid screen for one thing. And I'm gonna laugh if it's buried in some secret menu I haven't stumbled into yet.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

I last posted in here when they had super Kyrogre and Groudon day and Niantic basically loving ate 3 of my 5 remote raid passes used because Kyrogre needed minimum 7-8 people to beat.

Now they doubled the price of remote raids, and weirdly limited it to 5 a day to be able to be used ?

Man, gently caress that poo poo. As others have mentioned, you aren’t even guaranteed a catch, win or refund of remote raid if you lose.

It’s obviously a cash grab, but even at the most optimistic outlook of encouraging people to go outside , but I’m also busy and just can’t always do that.

I’m loving done other than catching the general Pokémon a few times a week and doing other poo poo that doesn’t cost me money. Sucks because the game was fun for a long time and still can be, but end of the day I’m not spending double for something that was already pricy and doesn’t loving even guarantee I get anything for it.

Niantic :fuckoff:

:actually: originally, because Niantic has nothing but disdain for the players, catching the Pokémon was a bonus round. The realrewards are this items…according to Niantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Saoshyant posted:

I still have no idea how that poo poo works. I don't have the game open right now, but I can't remember seeing any new buttons on the local raid screen for one thing. And I'm gonna laugh if it's buried in some secret menu I haven't stumbled into yet.

Oh no, it's an entirely separate app. It shows you raids at gyms you're not close enough to in pogo but on a Google map style thing.

You can also light "flares" at gyms to tell other people with the separate app that you're interested in doing a raid.