Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Omobono posted:

That's more than fair enough.

Event preparations, this is what I have:

I think I'm mostly good if I finish building up Karna. Anybody in that list I should level up from zero to max for the event?

Vlad's anti-evil niche can be useful in some nodes but most of them are classes he hits neutral on or zerkers, aside from Dantes/Jalter being neutral to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally got my fionn, it's about drat time

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can't you just send in B.B. for Dantes/Jalter nodes? Are there even Avenger nodes in the CCC event?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are a few but they're mixed with Avenger boss and scrub enemies of different classes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've no idea the timeline on unlocking BB versus actually running the nodes with avenger bosses so didn't want to assume

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Jalter/Friend Merlin solves everything anyways if need be.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Let's finish off this Singularity in style.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Okay, so I love my Avenger servants. I have NP Jalter at 10/10/10 and Gorgon is on her way to 10/10/10 as well, but what is their real niche gameplay wise? Is it pretty much just killing Ruler servants and nixing class advantages against you?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

RanKizama posted:

Okay, so I love my Avenger servants. I have NP Jalter at 10/10/10 and Gorgon is on her way to 10/10/10 as well, but what is their real niche gameplay wise? Is it pretty much just killing Ruler servants and nixing class advantages against you?

Each Avenger kind of has their own niche. For example, Jalter is supposed to tear through things with giant buster crits, Dantes is a good neutral wave clear if you don't wanna bring a zerker, and Angry Man is good for meme runs.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

*thinks about how i've used jalter for 90% of content*

yeah...niche...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

their niche is having bonkers atk stats with a high class multiplier, so they're good as neutral damage dealers. jalter obviously trivialized part 1 content almost singlehandedly and break bars don't fully stop her. dantes with skadi will be king poo poo of aoe quick clears.

none of the others are really gamechangers though

e: i suppose it's worth noting that lobo is kinda your budget jalter for stuff like ruler pillars, later bosses in part 2 story or like, the holmes challenge quest. and salieri does have a really solid kit while being the only arts avenger.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 13, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i've no idea the timeline on unlocking BB versus actually running the nodes with avenger bosses so didn't want to assume

One node unlocks before you BB.

RanKizama posted:

Jalter is a boss killer and Gorgon is never going to realistically see a ruler wave but she can deal generic damage alongside hitting a ruler boss I guess.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Cool, cool. Thanks guys. I just didn't know if there was something specific that they were designed to play into.

Aurora posted:

yeah...niche...
Well...yeah, that.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

RanKizama posted:

Jalter'r raw attack stat makes her effectively a less risky berserker, and that's a good secondary niche.
Primary niche is what you noticed, eating Jeanne & co alive in complete safety.
Tertiary niche is being best at destroying berserker bosses, but any ST damage dealer can do that.

The true value is that she's a generalist, so if you roll her early in your account's life she'll carry you until the gacha gives you enough specialized tools to cover everything.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jalters attack stat and crit multipliers are hilarious enough that, with her buffs up and a Merlin assist, a NPBB chain often has her two buster cards each critting for significantly more damage than her actual noble phantasm.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Her buff block on the np is amazing though, it's kind of underrated imo among people who talk about jalter in a post break bar world.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aurora posted:

yeah...niche...

Jalter's :airquote:niche:airquote: is that she is my best friend and she burns everything with psychic mindflames powered by hate.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

RanKizama posted:

In addition to not suffering class disadvantage, they also have a slight attack bonus (1.1x) and an extremely low star gather level. So they make decent all-use generic beatsticks, but the rest depends on each servant's specific skills and such.

Jalter can fit decently (though selfishly) in just about any team, but she's pretty much a buster gorilla who can buff up to insane levels for a turn or two of massive single-target damage. Generate some stars, pop all her buffs, and dish out a NP-B-B chain and she'll make Berserkers look gentle. Since class advantage isn't a problem for her, she's pretty versatile and can easily sub in for any class where you don't have a big damage dealer.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Avengers have the highest attack stats for their respective rarities, so ostensibly you'd be able to take advantage of that to make up for their lack of class advantage against most units. But in practical terms it's still not high enough to make you want to pick them over an actual hard counter to whatever class you're fighting against. Jalter can make up the difference with her crits and easy Merlin synnergy and Dantes has the Skadi meme going on but in general the class is kind of rough.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i can't hear you over my bryn jalter squirtoria team carrying me

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Avengers have the highest attack stats for their respective rarities, so ostensibly you'd be able to take advantage of that to make up for their lack of class advantage against most units. But in practical terms it's still not high enough to make you want to pick them over an actual hard counter to whatever class you're fighting against. Jalter can make up the difference with her crits and easy Merlin synnergy and Dantes has the Skadi meme going on but in general the class is kind of rough.

I'd say it depends on how much you have access to. Jalter is rarely the absolute best servant for a fight, but she's rarely bad or even mediocre. She usually lacks class advantage, but if you don't have high-rarity heavy hitters in a particular class, she'll outperform the 3* members of that class.

I used her in almost all my teams when I didn't have many high-rarity servants; she's a great off-classer whose relative staying power and NP gain make her easier to use than Berserkers. She sees less use on mono-class battles now, but she's still a common pick when I'm facing mixed nodes.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Jalter is good because she has silly attack, two decent skills and Self Modification which is the real winner. Dante is good because Skadi exists and she is silly. Lobo is okay because he’s a good non-limited answer to ruler bosses.

Avenger as a class is weak because the intrinsic stats associated with it makes them bad berserkers with a class advantage that very rarely matters, which is bad news for Gorgon especially.

Main Paineframe posted:

I'd say it depends on how much you have access to. Jalter is rarely the absolute best servant for a fight, but she's rarely bad or even mediocre. She usually lacks class advantage, but if you don't have high-rarity heavy hitters in a particular class, she'll outperform the 3* members of that class.

That’s because Jeanne Alter is the exception and one of the few extra class servants with the power and independence to take basically everywhere. If you were using Lobo, Gorgon or Dantes you would definitely be feeling the lack of class advantage.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dantes being Quick AOE with only one rare weakness is gonna work in his favor in a year+ though.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have to say, and granted I haven't used them extensively because I don't have them and have only experimented with them from friends lists, but Dantes and Gorgon don't seem to amount to a hill of beans compared to Jalter

Granted , very few characters do, but my main point of comparison for a neutral damage dealer on a per-hit basis is my beach Martha, who just seems to be a lot more stable and durable, along with a few handy anti-traits. As far as NPs go, as long as class advantage isn't an issue (which it isn't usually, unless it's one of those super mix-em up challenge missions) I'd rather use most of my other 5 star AOE types (even Artoria!) bcomparison

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean you can compare the aoes to an st but i don't know why you would. the upside to dantes is he can slap his 12k atk onto everything on the field and poo poo out stars for a later crit turn, but obviously in card damage he'll fall behind jalter due to lower stats and no inherent crit boost. also quick support doesn't exist in NA. gorgon i will say is not good but she's got her own crit boost and since you're running her with merlin(s) her card damage is only limited by being a full rarity lower.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I mean, Scathach does have a targeted quick boost...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you could also use atalante to similar effect, but both of these are single-turn buffs compared to merlin and tamamo boosting their respective card types for 3 turns. which honestly, dantes will have a better time just using his NP as a star engine for merlin-fueled buster crits. otherwise you use alex and he eats your stars, same for upcoming welfare ishtar. wu is the first halfway decent option but assassin starweight is still not ideal.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Gorgon is good after her interlude. What people forget is she gives out 15% teamwide charge on NP. It accelerates her supports so hard it's really pretty silly, and she can even defend them with her stun to boot. She centers completely around crapping out a billion NPs, but if you build her with that in mind she can shine pretty brightly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was just appointed Vice President of the United States in this game.

Man, finishing these singularities in time is gonna be tough. I've done them in JP without even paying much attention to the story, and even then they took a long time. Trying to at least finish America tonight.

edit: I know that he's not considered that great in tier lists or whatever, but Hijikata is actually pretty useful just by virtue of having a single-target Buster NP as a Berserker.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 14, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

At least you'll be able to knock out Solomon quickly enough when you actually get to it. :rip: in the meantime, tho.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Theoretically; how hard of a time should Ruler Martha and Jeanne have in this upcoming event?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

taking jeanne would be fine if you wanna slow-roll fights i guess? a couple of them like emiya alter and hardmode kiara completely invalidate her though. i think overall she'd mostly be dead weight.

martha does better since she's actually offensive and has advantage in the two bb fights. also there's a lot of waterside fields and her anti-divine skill can be used against the alteregos.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

They'll do pretty poorly because they don't have class advantage against the bosses and they're not aoe farmers for free nodes.

What you really want is a strong ST archer.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Darox posted:

They'll do pretty poorly because they don't have class advantage against the bosses and they're not aoe farmers for free nodes.

What you really want is a strong ST archer.

Chloe's day once again

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Are there any other classes you really want ST on? How about AoE? I more or less have options for everything, but it'd be nice to know which ones I should be bringing.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
ST Berserkers with black grail are useful for a few bosses if what you need is a point and delete nuke. At least I got through half the rerun like that so I can highly recommend this as a strategy.

Oh and an aoe assassin is very helpful for a node you'll spend a looot of time farming.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Of the four hardest boss fights in CCC one is a saber, two only take extra damage from berserkers (and deal reduced damage to saber/archer/lancer) and one is totally neutral to everything. A good archer really is the best investment you can make if you have to choose.

There's a whole host of miniboss fights with all kinds of classes but they're all solo fights and pretty easy, just get a class advantage friend support.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
All battlefields in the CCC event are waterside iirc, but you only really want her for like one or two fights because of class ad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ironically enough the two fights against BB that you'd use Summer Martha for take place in BB's studio which is not a water based location and doesnt proc water abilities. Dont't let that stop you from using her though, I just think it's funny. I believe that also the Alter Egos and real Suzuka fight take place in the dives which might not count, but I can't say I actually tested in those to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Darox posted:

two only take extra damage from berserkers (and deal reduced damage to saber/archer/lancer)

Divine bosses who don't take extra damage from class advantage is pretty much the number two situation Ruler Martha is designed for, after killing Mooncancers.