Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Spacebump posted:

True, Rare hasn't been good for at least 3 generations of consoles.

counterpoint: viva pinata is among the best games they ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

counterpoint: viva pinata is among the best games they ever made

The rare collection has so much unplayable crap in it that thats not really praise

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Real hurthling! posted:

The rare collection has so much unplayable crap in it that thats not really praise

this doesn't change the fact that the only games that rare ever made that were better than viva pinata were blast corps and snake rattle 'n roll

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Signed up for 2 years of Game Pass for $120 through Amazon. Value is pretty crazy for $5 a month looking forward. I have most of the games already that are on there that I'm interested in. But, stuff like Forza Horizon 4, Halo Infinity, Gears, etc, feel like the value is totally worth it along with the stuff to be added in the next couple of years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I already played all the games i want in the first month after sod2 turned out to suck so ill give them 9.99 again to play forza a few times maybe.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

TheScott2K posted:

Or, conversely, Rare games, which are always poo poo.

whoa whoa whoa slow down there, champ. Battletoads is going to be goty

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tried Fallout 4 for the first time now that its free and it gave me an incredible, and Im sure common, bug. Dialog would only play when in the pause menu, the animations for the dialog would only play once I unpaused after the dialog finished, then only once the animation finished could I pause to hear the next line of dialog.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Barudak posted:

Tried Fallout 4 for the first time now that its free and it gave me an incredible, and Im sure common, bug. Dialog would only play when in the pause menu, the animations for the dialog would only play once I unpaused after the dialog finished, then only once the animation finished could I pause to hear the next line of dialog.

I've never encountered that. Maybe there is a patch or something you didn't get?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

I've never encountered that. Maybe there is a patch or something you didn't get?

On the third or fourth attempt it decided to work normally, so Im just gonna perserve until I get some other issue or a pop up informs me that Ive severed the chain of prophecy but I can keep playing in this doomed world

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is the last good Rare game

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Finster Dexter posted:

Is that even possible when it’s digital?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m pretty pumped for Nier coming out soon. Is it that good? I don’t have any experience with its background or content but I heard so many times that it’s just one of the best games.

I also just noticed that the Division got the enhanced treatment? How would one jump back into this game after years away. I think my save game is from like 2/3 through the main campaign.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’m pretty pumped for Nier coming out soon. Is it that good? I don’t have any experience with its background or content but I heard so many times that it’s just one of the best games.

I also just noticed that the Division got the enhanced treatment? How would one jump back into this game after years away. I think my save game is from like 2/3 through the main campaign.

Its fantastic but ive been following the directors work a long time. Plenty of people bounce off of it and dont get whats up.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

Is that even possible when it’s digital?

Not on XB1 or PS4, anyway.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nier Autotomata is pretty good, and I seem to have put a preorder in for the Xbone version.

I'm such a sucker for Yoko Taro games.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Can somebody teach me how to like Nier: Automata? I want to like it; I love realtime action RPGs.

But after the intro section I got bored running across deserts and holding down RB and dodging a lot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mung Dynasty posted:

Can somebody teach me how to like Nier: Automata? I want to like it; I love realtime action RPGs.

But after the intro section I got bored running across deserts and holding down RB and dodging a lot.

You gonna wanna just do the main story for a while til poo poo gets weird

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Why would you buy a meme game.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

He asks, on the forum that birthed the concept of internet memes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's a real slow start but have faith.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Mung Dynasty posted:

I played it when it came out on PS4 and thought it was deeply mediocre and then they expected me to play it again but slightly different to get the rest of the game so i downgraded it to 'poo poo'.

I also played it right after Yakuza 0 and HZD so that didn't help.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nier Automata has a janky progression system and doesnt unlock actual backtracking for missed sidequests until youre so far into the game you can just buy your way through the achievements and ignore all that. It thrives mostly on Yoko Taro tone, fluid combat, and compact game world so nothing takes particulalrly long to do, even the part where you replay 90% of the game you just played to unlock the rest of the story.

Its like the definition of well made but not mass appeal

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I played Nier and became a god, therefore if everyone plays Nier we all shall become as gods.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Maybe the X enhancements + included DLC will be a good excuse for me to try it again.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

also btw when the adaptive controller was announced i wanted to make a joke about it being perfect for posters in this thread but then i didnt

:unsmith:

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
you just did

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mung Dynasty posted:

Maybe the X enhancements + included DLC will be a good excuse for me to try it again.

The dlc is arena fights and a funny joke boss.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Now that I think about it Nier defiently doesn't appeal to Xbox owners at all

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

RBX posted:

There's no way an xbox owner would understand breaking away from your conditioning and seeing the truth

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Any Games goon who hasn't already played through Nier five times has already broken their conditioning

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Barudak posted:

Nier Automata has a janky progression system and doesnt unlock actual backtracking for missed sidequests until youre so far into the game you can just buy your way through the achievements and ignore all that. It thrives mostly on Yoko Taro tone, fluid combat, and compact game world so nothing takes particulalrly long to do, even the part where you replay 90% of the game you just played to unlock the rest of the story.

Its like the definition of well made but not mass appeal

you could do the sidequests because they're weird and/or interesting and the point of them is to experience something instead of unlocking achievements?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

RBX posted:

Yeah it's not a 360 game

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah it's not a 360 game

:vince:

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

actually nier was a 360 game and we do care very much about it being bc because games should be played and preserved regardless of age

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can't find a single place selling a physical copy of AC Odyssey in :canada: wtf is going on. Are we the testing ground's for xbox's delayed all digital future?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I can't find a single place selling a physical copy of AC Odyssey in :canada: wtf is going on. Are we the testing ground's for xbox's delayed all digital future?

We have a console for physical copies, it's the Xbox360

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Do you mean "in stock"? Best Buy online had them for 30% off, but I think they sold out of the copies they had allotted for the promo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That game isn't out yet?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RBX posted:

That game isn't out yet?

That too, although Canadian E3 involves deep discounts on pre-orders with a limited number of allotted copies so in many cases you can't pre-order the game at all currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

Do you mean "in stock"? Best Buy online had them for 30% off, but I think they sold out of the copies they had allotted for the promo.

Yeah, but wtf is up with the stock issues. It's a pre-order for a game just announced that doesn't come out for several months. They've never had this issue before. I always pre-order everything at the discount then cancel later as necessary, but I can't do that at all this year.

I would accuse them of trying to stop Amazon price matching, but Amazon was never in stock.

This is very different than previous years and the retailers are obviously colluding to keep prices high. 'Tis the Canadian way I guess. :(

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 13, 2018