Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

I'm playing fft now, and I think grinding up all of my starters as ninjas has broken the poo poo out of this game. I'm only in chapter 2, so we'll see how it goes

aegof posted:

yeah game's done

Yeah pretty much

now that you've busted up the game to all hell and back, why not train up a Calculator with Holy and give all of your team equipment that Absorbs that element

You know, as a victory lap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

icantfindaname posted:

I'm playing fft now, and I think grinding up all of my starters as ninjas has broken the poo poo out of this game. I'm only in chapter 2, so we'll see how it goes

Have you given the ninjas unarmed and PA boosting gear?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Remembering that part in Tactics Advance ending where some kid is struggling in Tactics and Mewt recommends getting some Ninjas.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I have a confession.

I've been Mewt all along.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mega64 posted:

I have a confession.

I've been Mewt all along.
If you're Mewt, why can we hear you? :rimshot:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

We can't. We have to read everything. That's why Mega64 doesn't do video LPs. :razz:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Nah, they're def Mewt.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gologle posted:

Why did the Fayth dream up an abusive toxic household with Tidus and his mom and dad

Serious answer: they wanted Tidus to hate Jecht enough to want to kill him.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
finishing up my ff13 run that i started a year ago, and ya know what, if they had made the weapon upgrades horizontal where you'd upgrade an aggregate gear level instead of each weapon individually it would made gear a lot more fun to play around with, where as it stands now I pick one weapon and carry it through the whole run

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FF13 was a lot more fun when I cheated myself infinite gil and was able to upgrade my equipment at will.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Cheating in single player games owns and people should do it more to skip dumb bullshit imo.

I still remember getting so hyped reading those massive FF6 Game Genie FAQs with hundreds of codes all excited to see what weird poo poo I could do, like give Terra a random !Summon ability while General Leo chills with a barely-functional Kefka.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Absolutely. But I feel the opposite is also true where there is a certain satisfaction to be had operating within the parameters a game sets and succeeding. They tickle different parts of my brain.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think the joy in a game is in playing it, and not avoiding playing it as much as possible

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

The best part of any singleplayer game is getting to play it however you want to.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I finally started octopath 2. It’s really good. Why didn’t people tell me it was really good

I kinda just thought it would be like… bravely default 2 tier

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I finally started octopath 2. It’s really good. Why didn’t people tell me it was really good

I kinda just thought it would be like… bravely default 2 tier

People have spent the last year telling everyone who listened Octopath 2 is good. :colbert:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ImpAtom posted:

People have spent the last year telling everyone who listened Octopath 2 is good. :colbert:

It fell on deaf ears because 16 is too high a number— 8 is perfect

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

jokes posted:

It fell on deaf ears because 16 is too high a number— 8 is perfect

Final Fantasy is the same way :twisted:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

No Dignity posted:

I think the joy in a game is in playing it, and not avoiding playing it as much as possible

Sometimes games have parts that are designed badly that inhibits playing around with all your tools tbh, like I’m too lazy to cheat but something like Sekiro with its tool upgrade costs is the kind of thing where hacking in infinite money just makes things more fun.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
What is the best version of FFT for somebody who has never played it before and can read Japanese?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Probably just straight up the Japanese PSX version since every localization is missing some side story visual novel type things you unlock by doing the bar requests.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sapozhnik posted:

What is the best version of FFT for somebody who has never played it before and can read Japanese?

All 3 at the same time, side by side.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Japanese PS1 has the same miserable JP gain rate as the PSP port though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Sakurazuka posted:

Japanese PS1 has the same miserable JP gain rate as the PSP port though.
Let the enemy crystallize and you get their JP. It says pick one, but you get them all.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Last Celebration posted:

Probably just straight up the Japanese PSX version since every localization is missing some side story visual novel type things you unlock by doing the bar requests.

What's this? There's more than tales of "I got a good feeling!" And "this is the way"?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Speaking of, it's Tactics music day on the Square music channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aba7nC4WF64

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kanfy posted:

Speaking of, it's Tactics music day on the Square music channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aba7nC4WF64

Apparently not because it's private now

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Apparently not because it's private now

I mean yeah, the day's over by now. It was never going to be archived.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 20, 2024

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kanfy posted:

I mean yeah, the day's over by now. It was never going to be archived.

Oh didn't realize your post was from yesterday lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also if you all haven't seen it Mario has the Jecht Shot in the new Mario & Luigi game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5I3DcapElQ&t=112s

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mario is who Jecht is based on based on Cloud's experience fighting in the Smash Bros tournament. At least, I think Smash Bros is before Dissidia in the time line...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also if you all haven't seen it Mario has the Jecht Shot in the new Mario & Luigi game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5I3DcapElQ&t=112s

Yeah, I saw that and said to myself, "Confirmed: Mario is a Warrior Of Light!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, I saw that and said to myself, "Confirmed: Mario is a Warrior Of Light!"

Mario has canonically defeated a giant godlike being empowered by the Four Crystals so this is in fact canon.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Not sure why the english version of my favorite ff song basically only exists on some ancient 2004 special edition of some cd that was only released in japan but either way I don't care cuz after 20 years it's finally mine

belting this poo poo out for you, Lenne

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Really wish we had the English versions of songs in Theathythm. Grats on tracking down your favorite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

how can this restaurant serve korean BBQ when korea doesn't exist? they don't even get a cultural analogue like wutai! i'm the first person to notice this

also is FFVII the only one to depict the restroom in every single building because I don't even think modern RPGs do that lol