Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

McDragon posted:

e: oh what the gently caress, I just found a list of all the legendaries and good lord there's some complicated things in there

Got a link? Couldn't find anything with a quick Google search except THREE MYSTERIES THE GAMES CANT ANSWER clickbait bullshit. I'm curious what I'll have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

carry on then posted:

Got a link? Couldn't find anything with a quick Google search except THREE MYSTERIES THE GAMES CANT ANSWER clickbait bullshit. I'm curious what I'll have to do.

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Can you change your clothes and style and stuff in the new 3DS remakes?

This is very important.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

How Rude posted:

This is very important.

No you cannot

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

How Rude posted:

This is very important.

Nope. Game Freak said they wanted that to remain a Kalos-exclusive feature to give players a reason to go back, just like how Pokemon that follow you haven't been seen since HGSS.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If they're smart they'll pull a Fire Emblem Awakening for the 20th anniversary games and have all the cool one-off features together in a single game. I'm not expecting it, but it would be nice to see.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

ChaosArgate posted:

Nope. Game Freak said they wanted that to remain a Kalos-exclusive feature to give players a reason to go back, just like how Pokemon that follow you haven't been seen since HGSS.

because if there's one thing that will keep people coming back to a game that came out 4 years ago is pokemon following you

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Especially since there's no way to actually buy those older games in a way where the money still goes to the developer and/or publisher.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Especially since there's no way to actually buy those older games in a way where the money still goes to the developer and/or publisher.

It's too bad the 3DS doesn't have downloadable DS games, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White/Black2/White2 would be perfect for that. Could rerelease them as downloadable titles slowly over three or four years and make a lot of money off of minimal effort. People would still be able to transfer stuff from them to the 3DS games, which is the biggest problem the GB/GBC/GBA titles face- you either can't transfer those forward or require weird hardware (the DS's GBA slot) to do so.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ChaosArgate posted:

They said this but it'll be back in Gen 7

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Volt Catfish posted:

They said this but it'll be back in Gen 7

But only in the Diamond/Pearl remakes

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Guess I'm not buying it then, thanks. X is enough for me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

If Salt Pearl and Pepper Diamond aren't snowy winter wonderlands like Platinum I will be very upset

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's too bad the 3DS doesn't have downloadable DS games, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White/Black2/White2 would be perfect for that. Could rerelease them as downloadable titles slowly over three or four years and make a lot of money off of minimal effort. People would still be able to transfer stuff from them to the 3DS games, which is the biggest problem the GB/GBC/GBA titles face- you either can't transfer those forward or require weird hardware (the DS's GBA slot) to do so.

Not gonna lie. I still have my original DS around solely so I can transfer 'Mons from Gen 3 games and I still have my GBA SP to do the same with the Gamecube games. (I also still have my GBC but that's just because I can't let it go)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They're using 3D models for all the pokemon now, if they give them walking/turning animations then that's the majority of walk-around asset creation done for whatever game it's added in and tons of future titles/generations.

I'm still kind of surprised they didn't reuse those walk-with-you sprites in black/white/b2/w2. The feature wasn't that complicated and Gamefreak doesn't tend to pass up the opportunity to reuse pokemon assets over and over and over and over.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

They're using 3D models for all the pokemon now, if they give them walking/turning animations then that's the majority of walk-around asset creation done for whatever game it's added in and tons of future titles/generations.

The overworld models aren't the same as the battle models though. Game Freak'd have to have two sets of models for each Pokemon and that's almost 1500 models right there to make animations for and ship with each game if they kept the walking feature in. I would've liked if they kept it, but that's a pretty tall order to fill.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Kikas posted:

Yeah but gently caress that it's such a goddamn chore to even unlock the one that gives you stones, and from that point you can only count on your luck with what, 1/10 chance for the stone you want? It's just a pain in the rear end, if they gave out a few during the course of the game it would be much better.

I agree that it would be better if the stones were available during the main game -- especially if you could get them mid-game, instead of right before the E4, for example.

I guess I don't find Super Training to be all that onerous? poo poo, maybe I should set up shop and farm the stones for anyone who wants them.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Don't forget some secret base npcs will gather stones for you which can get you evo stones. Completely random but it's something

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

The overworld models aren't the same as the battle models though. Game Freak'd have to have two sets of models for each Pokemon and that's almost 1500 models right there to make animations for and ship with each game if they kept the walking feature in. I would've liked if they kept it, but that's a pretty tall order to fill.

As much as I'd like to see pokemon following us on the overworld again, I have to agree. 3D models are far more complex than the old sprites and giving all the pokemon an extra model complete with animations is a tall order. I don't foresee that feature returning until a future generation on a beefier console so they can use the battle models in that capacity. (and those will still be in use - half the reason battles chug is because Game Freak intentionally overbuilt the models so they could be re-used forever.)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Not gonna lie. I still have my original DS around solely so I can transfer 'Mons from Gen 3 games and I still have my GBA SP to do the same with the Gamecube games. (I also still have my GBC but that's just because I can't let it go)

I have a friend with the Colosseum bonus disk that does semi-regular mass Jirachi giveaways. Each set of six takes him about an hour to get up to Pokemon Bank. :shepicide:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I have to say, I like this distribution method for Eon Tickets a lot more than how they were distributed 10 years ago. I just randomly got one and I'm pretty happy with Game Freak's decision to allow us to capture like every legendary in this Gen.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zonekeeper posted:

As much as I'd like to see pokemon following us on the overworld again, I have to agree. 3D models are far more complex than the old sprites and giving all the pokemon an extra model complete with animations is a tall order. I don't foresee that feature returning until a future generation on a beefier console so they can use the battle models in that capacity. (and those will still be in use - half the reason battles chug is because Game Freak intentionally overbuilt the models so they could be re-used forever.)

Yeah, that does sound more reasonable. I'll guess I can hold out for Pokemon Proton and Pokemon Neutron (Pokemon Electron is the third version clearly) or whatever on the Nintendo WiiDS where those models make sense as being used in the overworld. Just in time for the 25th anniversary.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I have to say, I like this distribution method for Eon Tickets a lot more than how they were distributed 10 years ago. I just randomly got one and I'm pretty happy with Game Freak's decision to allow us to capture like every legendary in this Gen.

I agree, but it's still a shame about Mew, Manaphy, etc. that haven't been obtainable in years or can only be gotten from really old hardware. I was hoping when I saw the massive influx of legendaries that at least some of the event ones would be among them, but nope.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I tried out Mega Beedrill today and I don't think he's very good. He's held back by his lovely movepool so much. He's got super high attack and adaptability but his best STAB moves are 80 basepower and don't even provide good coverage. He can't OHKO a lot of pokemon that he needs too because he sure as hell can't take a hit. It sucks :(

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I tried out Mega Beedrill today and I don't think he's very good. He's held back by his lovely movepool so much. He's got super high attack and adaptability but his best STAB moves are 80 basepower and don't even provide good coverage. He can't OHKO a lot of pokemon that he needs too because he sure as hell can't take a hit. It sucks :(

strongest u-turn in the game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

He has the 18th highest attack stat in the game and a pretty wide movepool. He certainly has some drawbacks, but he's probably the best revenge killer in the game against mons without priority.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Apart from Mew, Celebi, JIRACHI, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Hoopa and Volcanion.

Seriously, where's the Old Sea Map, or the Wish Stone? Why have the Bells when we could go to Navel Rock? If you faint Deoxys, have him appear on Birth Island. Or the Sinenn Ruins to catch Regigigas, instead of the lovely last minute attempt to nickname a Regice holding a Snowball.

Why did they remake RS, when Emerald was so much better? :(

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 3, 2014

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

You can also get stones from the balloon popping game in global link really easily. It's stupid and it makes no sense though.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Crosspeice posted:

Why did they remake RS, when Emerald was so much better? :(
Because when they make two versions there are people that buy both.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Those of you still looking for destiny knot in ORAS, the romantic couple in Sea Mauville have a chance of giving it to you each time you fight them. I think I got it on my 4th rematch with them.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Because when they make two versions there are people that buy both.

HGSS were remakes of Crystal.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ChaosArgate posted:

HGSS were remakes of Crystal.

Exactly. They could've easily mixed the elements from Emerald in with ORAS, like they with the elements from Crystal in HGSS.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

But they have, see, Delta Episode. Battle Frontier, under construction!

Emerald bits!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was a bit put out that there was no Kyogre/Groudon showdown sorted out by Rayquaza. And then the Delta Episode happened and I think that made up for it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

But they have, see, Delta Episode. Battle Frontier, under construction!

Emerald bits!

They also opted to go for gym leader teams from RS instead of Emerald, which I thought was kinda dumb. For example, Tate and Liza only have Solrock and Lunatone as opposed to Emerald where they had four Pokemon total, or Norman having two Slakings.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Aww, there isn't a mega-machamp. This is disappointing.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Tired Moritz posted:

Aww, there isn't a mega-machamp. This is disappointing.

SIX ARMS!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

No, no. Mega Metagross taught us that instead of adding, we MULTIPLY the arms. Eight arms for Machamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mega Machamp would just be one giant fist. That's all it needs.

• Locked thread