Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Bimmi posted:

Has anybody received their delayed P-Bandai orders from April or any word about shipping for May orders?

nope I've got mega delayed orders at this point lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Does this normally happen with P-Bandai? Was thinking about pre-ordering the HG Xabungle

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

there's something to suggest they may have gotten hacked or similarly compromised last month and that's thrown their whole logistics for a loop

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I just got a notification today that I think is my April order shipping.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Willo567 posted:

Does this normally happen with P-Bandai? Was thinking about pre-ordering the HG Xabungle

No, not normal. Their irritating lack of transparency is, however.

Guess I summoned the beast because April is on its way now. Still no word on the two May orders, though.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Bimmi posted:

Has anybody received their delayed P-Bandai orders from April or any word about shipping for May orders?

Interesting that you ask today as I just got my shipping notification for my April 9th order last night.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I got a bunch of kits and was excited to build this weekend, and then the drat power goes out. You ever tried to build a Real Grade by the light of an open window? It sucks!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

parabolic posted:

Interesting that you ask today as I just got my shipping notification for my April 9th order last night.

same hooray

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I’m going to beat the crap out of whoever designed the RG GaoGaiGar head. The faceplate is held in place by whispers and a prayer, and the bit connecting the head to the spine-like piece is the single most awkward fit I’ve ever made on a kit. It’s tiny and the angle of approach is really funky, and it just doesn’t hold very well. The head’s fallen apart so many times while building the Stealth Gao, and any attempt to put it back together just makes other parts pop off because, again, they’re not secured well.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I’m going to beat the crap out of whoever designed the RG GaoGaiGar head. The faceplate is held in place by whispers and a prayer, and the bit connecting the head to the spine-like piece is the single most awkward fit I’ve ever made on a kit. It’s tiny and the angle of approach is really funky, and it just doesn’t hold very well. The head’s fallen apart so many times while building the Stealth Gao, and any attempt to put it back together just makes other parts pop off because, again, they’re not secured well.

If you're never gonna take it apart you might as well just glue the GGG helmet and faceplate to GaiGar's head and save yourself some headaches.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The girl

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
YMMV, but the hobby lobbies in the phoenix area are selling all model kits at 40% off, including gunpla, transformers kits and Star Wars, the one I went to didn’t have a huge selection but did have some I don’t see to often like char’s zaku 2 origin version

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Suruga-ya is also in a free shipping weekend until Wednesday

E:

Jxforema posted:

YMMV, but the hobby lobbies in the phoenix area are selling all model kits at 40% off, including gunpla, transformers kits and Star Wars, the one I went to didn’t have a huge selection but did have some I don’t see to often like char’s zaku 2 origin version

Well, maybe if I can handle the poison swamp that is Hobby Lobby, I can check my area tomor--oh.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Jxforema posted:

They do that every other week, btw. Literally. They have two different sets of items that trade off weeks being on sale with very little variation.

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, maybe if I can handle the poison swamp that is Hobby Lobby, I can check my area tomor--oh.

Can't tomorrow, Jesus said so.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Yeah, as much as it sucks giving money to the fundies, Hobby Lobby actually had the RG Wing Zero in stock and the sale price was right around what the HG kits cost at the bigger hobby shop near me. Also helped that they had the grey Creos Gundam marker I wanted to start panel lining my models, which the other hobby shop never seems to have in stock.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
For anyone not in the discord server, Gundam Central has their new website up and running: https://gundamcentralshop.com/

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
hello thread

i have been on a 'bit' of a kick over the past two months and change thanks to winning an MG grandpa out of a crane game (who i still need to actually go back to and put decals on but the metallic decals on the elbow/knee joints were so dumb that i don't wanna) and now my desk is being taken over by these things send help (don't actually send help it rules actually)

anyhow have a photodump

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I built the RG Astray. Pretty good

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Gripweed posted:

I built the RG Astray. Pretty good

I love that kit, even if it has a million tiny decals.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've seen some big pieces before. This is the first time I've seen Bandai just fully give up and not even bother with a sprue and just throw loose pieces in bags

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

How big are those? Even the psycho zaku's tank is on a sprue.

I may have bought a Psycho Zaku.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

pretty big

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Gripweed posted:

pretty big

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gripweed posted:

I've seen some big pieces before. This is the first time I've seen Bandai just fully give up and not even bother with a sprue and just throw loose pieces in bags

I'm getting 90's lego set flashbacks

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

I'm getting 90's lego set flashbacks

The Space UFO sets, right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Space UFO sets, right?

More how often it was you'd crack open a box and be greeted with big shell pieces that made up the bulk of whatever cool vehicle the set advertised.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Is that piece solid or weighted in some way? I've seen them bundle diecast pieces separately but the main reason I can think of doing that for plastic would be if they're worried the runner will just snap instantly.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Muffinlord posted:

Is that piece solid or weighted in some way? I've seen them bundle diecast pieces separately but the main reason I can think of doing that for plastic would be if they're worried the runner will just snap instantly.

So solid pieces cause extra strain on a runner? That would explain why the sunglasses that came with the SMP Gurren Lagann were packaged separately.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Gunpla is...

FREEDOM!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Except this one is being released under a different line lmao

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

Except this one is being released under a different line lmao

SoC is just pre-assembled Gunpla with diecast. :colbert:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

In the show, the Tryon 3 actually had a soul of chogokin base when it launched so this is perfectly fitting.

Tryon really was the best thing to come out of build fighters try.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monaghan posted:

In the show, the Tryon 3 actually had a soul of chogokin base when it launched so this is perfectly fitting.

Tryon really was the best thing to come out of build fighters try.

To be fair, that wasn't a high bar to clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_zfvHgCNA
Though the Tryon 3 truly is Freedom. :allears:

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Tryon 3 is way better than Freedom

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Gripweed posted:

They'll occasionally do this with very big and solid pieces. The RE/100 Nightingale has this for the backskirt piece iirc

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Still only a little over halfway through my RG Wing Zero EW…and I had to get myself the RG Zeong.

To be fair, I was at the shop to buy a SD for my nephew (he’s turning four and is absolutely obsessed with all things Gundam), so why not add to the backlog while I’m there?

But now I’m gonna be picking up the RG 00 Raiser and HG Barbatos Lupus that my brother got me weeks ago when I come back to visit…so I don’t think I’ll have much time for anything other than building for the next month or so :ohdear:

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Durr Kommissar posted:

Still only a little over halfway through my RG Wing Zero EW…and I had to get myself the RG Zeong.

To be fair, I was at the shop to buy a SD for my nephew (he’s turning four and is absolutely obsessed with all things Gundam), so why not add to the backlog while I’m there?

But now I’m gonna be picking up the RG 00 Raiser and HG Barbatos Lupus that my brother got me weeks ago when I come back to visit…so I don’t think I’ll have much time for anything other than building for the next month or so :ohdear:

Dude, three kits is nothing to be ashamed of.
I bought a second RG Zeong, Sazabi and God just because my backlog of RGs was down to one. Also, my backlog was like 35 more kits at that time.
Also, going outside is for boring people.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This Gundam is too big. I can finish the other arm but I don't have space to attach the backpack

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gripweed posted:

This Gundam is too big. I can finish the other arm but I don't have space to attach the backpack

You can always put it in Big Zam mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Get a bigger house.