Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

-Upgrade (cyber-camp)
-The Art of Self Defense (Jesse Eisenberg martial arts arthaus)
-Cold Pursuit (hit or miss Liam Neeson revenge flick, but a solid 3/5 stars)
-Bleeding Steel (oldass Jackie Chan doing sci-fi camp)
-This Was The XFL (documentary, but still, what a story)
-Ingrid Goes West (Aubrey Plaza gets high on Instagram)

Hell yes i loved Ingrid Goes West (though it made me anxious) and Cold Pursuit

Machete and Bubba Ho-Tep were sweet too. Tucker and Dale is fun but kinda awkward for me since i dont like grisly stuff. Funny ending twist tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Maxwell Lord posted:

What I’ve heard is Western companies managed to transition to “work at home” pretty smoothly, Japanese companies have had a slightly harder time because they’re used to everyone under the same roof.

It’s mostly a question of if the company’s servers can handle the increased load of videoconferencing and large files being stored and accessed in the cloud and so on.

Of course it can! Japanese high speed superior to American gaijin 56k

But how are you going to know when to quit at the end of the day if your boss isn’t first to leave

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Maxwell Lord posted:

What I’ve heard is Western companies managed to transition to “work at home” pretty smoothly, Japanese companies have had a slightly harder time because they’re used to everyone under the same roof.

It’s mostly a question of if the company’s servers can handle the increased load of videoconferencing and large files being stored and accessed in the cloud and so on.

Yeah it's way dumber than that

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/19th-century-ritual-forcing-japanese-workers-into-trains-and-offices-amid-a-coronavirus-pandemic/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Years ago a buddy at work (and we had similar tastes in humor) explained the premise of Bubba Ho-Tep to me.

If it weren't for that conversation I may not have ever enjoyed the masterpiece. Not for everyone, but it is drat funny depending on your tastes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

could you not ruin one of the few actually good CD threads with more "who can read this crappy movie better" bullshit

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
These recommendations are making me doubt I even know what camp is.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I definitely wouldn't consider at least half of these suggestions as camp.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

feedmyleg posted:

I definitely wouldn't consider at least half of these suggestions as camp.

What's weird is seeing a John Waters movie such as Serial Mom

There's no camp here, it's just mildly interesting, you have gone mainstream, fella

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked My Name is Bruce, I thought it was funny enough. Especially when he overhears someone calling him washed up or sees it on TV or something and just cries "Not me! Not me!" while drinking vodka from a dog bowl.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
posted in the wrong thread, sorry

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

BioEnchanted posted:

I liked My Name is Bruce, I thought it was funny enough. Especially when he overhears someone calling him washed up or sees it on TV or something and just cries "Not me! Not me!" while drinking vodka from a dog bowl.

Those parts were good. The creepy 30’s Asian villains parts were not.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BioEnchanted posted:

Confirmed dope

Bruce Campbell can only play himself and that's why I love him

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Remulak posted:

Those parts were good. The creepy 30’s Asian villains parts were not.

yeah, it's p crappy and lazy

We must see the man from S-Mart uh, defend

CHAINSAW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYa5aTdjfI

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

could you not ruin one of the few actually good CD threads with more "who can read this crappy movie better" bullshit

Blockbuster Video was made for people like you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I’m reading the new Hunger Games prequel and there’s no way they just do one movie for this. It seems like it is designed to be two because the whole “Hunger Games” part is only the first half of the book.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

yeah, it's p crappy and lazy

We must see the man from S-Mart uh, defend

CHAINSAW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYa5aTdjfI

He went full Pootie Tang

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

muscles like this! posted:

I’m reading the new Hunger Games prequel and there’s no way they just do one movie for this. It seems like it is designed to be two because the whole “Hunger Games” part is only the first half of the book.

I sometimes wonder how many calls *insert author name here* must receive from Hollywood executives begging them to make a sequel/prequel to *insert novel name here* so that they can milk the *insert highly successful movie franchise here* for just a little bit longer.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I sometimes wonder how many calls *insert author name here* must receive from Hollywood executives begging them to make a sequel/prequel to *insert novel name here* so that they can milk the *insert highly successful movie franchise here* for just a little bit longer.

This brings back bad memories of Hannibal and to an even larger degree, Hannibal Rising. The TV show was pretty good though.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

married but discreet posted:

These recommendations are making me doubt I even know what camp is.

Would the Baahubali movies (which I believe are on Netflix) be considered camp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDte-axR9l8

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Venom is much gayer from all accounts iirc

I would have watched Venom much earlier if someone just told me it was a romantic comedy where a lot of heads get devoured.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

TOOT BOOT posted:

This brings back bad memories of Hannibal and to an even larger degree, Hannibal Rising. The TV show was pretty good though.

The TV show has the single most disturbing scene I've ever witnessed and it was transmitted out on loving NBC.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Japanese work from home has gone very smoothly. The only issue is nobody knows when other people are "done" for the day.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rochallor posted:

The TV show has the single most disturbing scene I've ever witnessed and it was transmitted out on loving NBC.

which one

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Venom was a very charmingly stupid movie. Like when they are trapped in the building with all the FBI/Cops or whatever and Venom's like "Just jump out of the window mate" and then it cuts to them leaving the elevator and Venom's just like "Pussy..."

I also liked with the love interest when she merges with Venom so they can rescue Brock and after she's done with Venom and they split this exchange happens "I just ate someone's head..." "Yeah, you get used to it."

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

The Hannibal Rising book was essentially this. Thomas Harris HATED the idea of a Hannibal origin story but the publisher (who might or might not have been pressured by Hollywood execs in turn) flat out told him "we want a Hannibal prequel and if you don't write it, we'll find someone else who will".

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAkl3qMANGi/?igshid=g50h42mpqofn

This demented image has been going around, that's a hell lot to cram into the Snyder cut if it's real

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This demented image has been going around, that's a hell lot to cram into the Snyder cut if it's real

I wonder if HBO has their eye on making the DCU their new GoT.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Venom also came out close to Spider-Verse iirc and made a lot of fandom jokes about Eddie being Miles' second hobo uncle.

Actually would be interesting to have a Venom whose grudge was against Peter Parker but he has nothing against Miles Morales, and he can tell the difference.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

If there's a sequel to Venom I just want a little scene where, during an action scene or a standoff with a minor threat, the offscreen voice of Tom Holland has this exchange with Brock: "You need any help?" "Nah, we're good." and that's it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

If there's a sequel to Venom I just want a little scene where, during an action scene or a standoff with a minor threat, the offscreen voice of Tom Holland has this exchange with Brock: "You need any help?" "Nah, we're good." and that's it.

Speaking of which, anyone else have the feeling that Micheal Keaton showing up in that Morbius trailer is a giant bait and switch and he will end up playing some random dude and not the Vulture?

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Beachcomber posted:

I wonder if HBO has their eye on making the DCU their new GoT.

Yes, they are. They are buying up the newer seasons of the CW's 'Arrowverse' shows to stream only on HBOMax, and those shows are incorporating stuff from the movie DC-verse. There have been stirrings of HBOMax aggressively buying up DC content or becoming the sole platform for streaming it. This has ironically hosed up the interconnection of the 'Arrowverse' shows since they frequently crossover, but now cannot be viewed on a single streaming service.

I hate everything I just wrote in the previous paragraph, but not as much as I hate that I actually have that information stored in my brain.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

99% certain it's the final moments of episode 1, season 2, but I haven't watched it since it was on

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Yes, they are. They are buying up the newer seasons of the CW's 'Arrowverse' shows to stream only on HBOMax, and those shows are incorporating stuff from the movie DC-verse. There have been stirrings of HBOMax aggressively buying up DC content or becoming the sole platform for streaming it. This has ironically hosed up the interconnection of the 'Arrowverse' shows since they frequently crossover, but now cannot be viewed on a single streaming service.

I hate everything I just wrote in the previous paragraph, but not as much as I hate that I actually have that information stored in my brain.

The Arrowverse seems to be rooted at CW and even Stargirl which has nothing to do with it is airing there.

HBO Max's DC show that I know so far seems to be Green Lantern and Justice League Dark, and those might even be part of the movie universe.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just want more Aquaman, dammit. Forget his fabulous friends, I want the man who can talk to fish! The craziest part about this post is none of this is ironic or in jest

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Barudak posted:

I just want more Aquaman, dammit. Forget his fabulous friends, I want the man who can talk to fish! The craziest part about this post is none of this is ironic or in jest

He basically just in a really casual way solved the problems of the world's oceans all in one movie!

Except for the climate change and reef bleaching and dumbass lionfish and zebra mussels but honestly those are too boring to deal with with such a shredded torso

I would be fine with him having a gentle talk with the lionfish about how they should go back to their home planet, and a sage counsel of lionfish nod, sagely and agree with this glistening abdomen

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

I was pretty pumped when they announced the Aquaman deep ones spinoff movie if only so we could see more of the other undersea kingdoms.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAkl3qMANGi/?igshid=g50h42mpqofn

It looks to be mostly true.

• 4 hours long - Snyder likes to make long movies, but they'll probably trim it down somewhat.
  • Cyborg is the heart of the movie - A lot of his stuff was cut from the theatrical version. Joss apparently hated him.
  • Great CGI - Depends how much time and money it gets. A lot of very cool conceptual stuff was cut for the theatrical version, and it would have an actual color palette instead of a red grade over everything.
  • Uxas invades Earth -He just replaces Steppenwolf in the History Lesson sequence.
  • Aquaman visits Atlantis - I heard "the entire Atlantis sequence" was cut shortly after Joss took over, but that might have just referred to a reworking of the existing underwater stuff.
  • Martian Manhunter and Atom appear - Snyder shared storyboards where Lennox was revealed as Manhunter, and Ryan Choi is a Star Labs scientist in the film, but they wouldn't actually join the team or do anything significant.
  • The Flash goes back in time - This was cut and replaced with the Russian Family stuff.
  • 3 Green Lanterns Appear - Doubtful. A Green Lantern was rushed into the theatrical version a couple of weeks before the VFX were supposed to be finished. It wouldn't have been such a scramble if they had already done work on it.
  • WW Kills Steppenwolf - True. The shots where she chopped off his head were reused for the part where she destroys his axe.
  • Deathstroke breaks Lex out of prison - Possible. Joe Manganiello tweeted a reference to a different credits scene featuring his character.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I didn’t see Beavis and Martha and Wonder Woman was...okay but aqua man had better world building

The most interesting part of WW was the totally not Lesbos island and she has to leave to start her hero thing

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I just started watching it for the first time so I guess I'll be finding out soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rochallor posted:

99% certain it's the final moments of episode 1, season 2, but I haven't watched it since it was on

Or just...spoiler tag it