Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Seditiar posted:

Weird attack (which does seem to gain popularity?) but 1 star, nice.

Got rolled by a GoWiWi. Can't really do much about that at TH8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

AxeManiac posted:

I'm town hall 6 right now and each night when I go to bed, somebody raids me for like 100K each resources and the only upgrades I have left are like 300-500K and my walls. Should I just upgrade to TH7 or just suffer it out for a few weeks?

Use this base. http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/457526

People will, 4 times out of 5, just hit your Town Hall to gain like, 9-10 trophies and ~900-1000 resources. The rest of the base is fortified enough to deter most people TH6 and below, and there's really little you can do to avoid getting creamed by TH7+. Thankfully the higher TH levels will be getting less and less from you compared to others.

I found that towards the middle to end of TH6, my best attacks were done by about 60 goblins and the rest archers (~80 depending on what level your army camps are). I'd just hit next, next, next, next until I find someone out there who has all his resource collectors all grouped up and uncollected. Then I just send in the goblins, and use the archers as backup. The goblins will rape the resource buildings so fast that most defenses can't keep up with them at all (Wizard towers will though).

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Our last war was kind of like this too, only with more exposed TH's.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Guys there is no more loot any more :argh:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

BigPaddy posted:

Guys there is no more loot any more :argh:

I got 550k/150k today. The purp is gone. The economy is crashing. Everyone has welfare walls to protect their McMansion. waaaaaaahhhh.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
All my attacks that take any significant resources from me are balloonion. gently caress walls, I will get around to them some day.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I've been loving around a little bit with the TH8 babby version of loonion (5* balloons, 2* minions), and I like it more than I expected. It's not hard to find a TH8-9 in gold 2 with lovely AD and a lot of resources.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

padijun posted:

I've been loving around a little bit with the TH8 babby version of loonion (5* balloons, 2* minions), and I like it more than I expected. It's not hard to find a TH8-9 in gold 2 with lovely AD and a lot of resources.

I wonder if a dragon would be good for soaking up more damage.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Booties posted:

I wonder if a dragon would be good for soaking up more damage.

Probably, but I'm pretty much just using it for practice and and to get resources, so I want to keep it as cheap/fast as possible. 16 balloons and 60 minions, and heal spells when they're available.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've been garching for about 2 weeks now (130 Archer, 70 goblins)
2 Barracks have 33 Archers and 17 Goblins
2 Barracks have 32 Archers and 18 Goblins

Find any base with > 35k Elixir attack it and 20 minutes later you are at it again.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Garching is basically all I've done since late in TH6, and I'm closing in on the end of TH8 now. I try to shoot for at least 100k of each and it's worked pretty well. YMMV as always.

Major Dickason
May 17, 2011

padijun posted:

I've been doing this for about a week now and it's been insanely profitable. I'm almost to Crystal League but I have minions 4. My ratio is 24 Loons and 40 Mins and all heal spells.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Major Dickason posted:

I've been doing this for about a week now and it's been insanely profitable. I'm almost to Crystal League but I have minions 4. My ratio is 24 Loons and 40 Mins and all heal spells.

Throw a rage in there to get over storages.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.
I am bad at this poop game. How do I successfully barch?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

psivamp posted:

60:40 archer:barb. Hit next until you find a base with 200k of each resource in the collectors/mines. Deploy barbs, then archers behind them. Barbs soak up some damage, archers stay away from a lot of hits and clean up kills. Profit.

Just watch out for mortars. I like to throw in 4-6 wall breakers to reach some stuff behind walls.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

psivamp posted:

Find someone with collectors outside that are full. Use two fingers and deploy all your barbs. Switch to archers. Use two fingers and deploy all your archers.

Congrats. You've barched.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
CUT MY BASE INTO PIECES, THOSE PEKKAS REALLY HURT

I was worth 410k/410k/2.2k :cawg:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

ixo posted:

CUT MY BASE INTO PIECES, THOSE PEKKAS REALLY HURT

I was worth 410k/410k/2.2k :cawg:

Did he intentionall get 70% because that is a bad attack. Unless you're base is the tits.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Booties posted:

60:40 archer:barb. Hit next until you find a base with 200k of each resource in the collectors/mines. Deploy barbs, then archers behind them. Barbs soak up some damage, archers stay away from a lot of hits and clean up kills. Profit.

Just watch out for mortars. I like to throw in 4-6 wall breakers to reach some stuff behind walls.

Even though I'm at TH4, this was way more helpful than trying to find a vid on youtube about this.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

Did he intentionall get 70% because that is a bad attack. Unless you're base is the tits.

I never got to see the replay because of maintenance. I'm assuming it was just good old fashioned bad, but I'm still shocked at how well i held up against that.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

rock2much posted:

Even though I'm at TH4, this was way more helpful than trying to find a vid on youtube about this.

Most youtube videos for this game are super long winded. Some kid has a 10 minute video about how you can use fruit to keep the screen on whiel you're away. You literally put a piece of fruit on your phone and walk away. THE VIDEO IS 10 MINUTES LONG.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hahahah that's wonderful

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

rock2much posted:

Hahahah that's wonderful

It was posted somewhere in this thread. It's pretty amazing. He talks about how it's frowned upon and all this other honour bull poo poo. It's on par with youtube unboxing videos. I prefer to put a turd on my phone when pooping to keep myself logged in.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I thought you guys were kidding. FYI, Pekka-only attack isn't good. I'm guessing he sent all his Pekka's at the same spot, got them into the core where all 9 of them started hitting the 25 archers that came out of your CC. That'll keep all those Pekka's busy for 60+ seconds, which they (obviously) won't survive. Then the heroes destroyed the other 50% of your base. :v:

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
It's been a long strange road but I've finally managed to max PEKKA's and golems at TH9. I'd like to Gowipe (or Gowiwi with level 1 witches if you don't think that's retarded) but am unsure of what army/spell comp to use. Halp!

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Galadon on YouTube is in the middle of a decent series on GoWiPe for all TH levels. Chapter 1 is here:
http://youtu.be/cs1mM5ibc7M

Don't use L1 witches. They don't generate enough skeletons to do their job.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Ixo, how do you farm for elixer? I'm constantly stalking your base and it's crazy how quickly you upgrade your shits

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

tophet posted:

Ixo, how do you farm for elixer? I'm constantly stalking your base and it's crazy how quickly you upgrade your shits

Ipads in zip lock bags

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

tophet posted:

I'm still putting in more gold into wall upgrades than elixir. Chances are he does the same.

E: And it's not hard to pull in 1m gold and 1m elixir per hour with barching, without boosting anything whatsoever.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
When you its are batching at higher th levels what's your army comp? I usually have 5ish giants and 6-10 wbs

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

How many times you hit the next button is pretty much always going to overwhelm any other factors when it comes to farming for resources. Run giants or barbs, gobs or barbs, WBs or not, whatever - the one constant is that more raiding means more progress.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
What's the most anyone has nexted in a series? I don't think I've ever made it past 15 before saying gently caress it and attacking.
Then there's that instance where you are so used to hitting next that you next right by that mother load. :doh:

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

tophet posted:

http://youtu.be/ewRjZoRtu0Y?t=53s

All I wanna do is BAM BAM BAM BAM and I *faaaarts* take your money

ixo fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 30, 2014

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

What's the most anyone has nexted in a series? I don't think I've ever made it past 15 before saying gently caress it and attacking.
Then there's that instance where you are so used to hitting next that you next right by that mother load. :doh:

My record is about 700. Was gold capped, so nexting until a very good DE target appeared was not a problem.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Well now there's an internal soundtrack to my barch.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Well now there's an internal soundtrack to my barch.

This.

I once spent 22 minutes hitting next, so whatever that is.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The worst is skipping a moderately stocked base, because :standards:, only to find that it was the highest you'll find for a while. :suicide:

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

You can do it with maths. I have been toying with building a calculator for it:

http://youtu.be/ZWib5olGbQ0

Basically figure out what's the longest you want to wait and call that time t. Divide t by about ~three (closer to multiplying by .37), examine all the loots you see during t/3 and track the highest. After t/3, take anything that is higher than the highest you saw in that initial t/3 time. To convert that to money or resources I need to gather some statistics on the distribution of loots seen (obviously the conversion of loot to time would only apply at a specific level of trophies)

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Is there such thing as a TH8 farming base that also has an unlurable CC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

khy posted:

Use this base. http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/457526

People will, 4 times out of 5, just hit your Town Hall to gain like, 9-10 trophies and ~900-1000 resources. The rest of the base is fortified enough to deter most people TH6 and below, and there's really little you can do to avoid getting creamed by TH7+. Thankfully the higher TH levels will be getting less and less from you compared to others.

I found that towards the middle to end of TH6, my best attacks were done by about 60 goblins and the rest archers (~80 depending on what level your army camps are). I'd just hit next, next, next, next until I find someone out there who has all his resource collectors all grouped up and uncollected. Then I just send in the goblins, and use the archers as backup. The goblins will rape the resource buildings so fast that most defenses can't keep up with them at all (Wizard towers will though).

Sweet. I'll be giving that a shot!