Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Thanks! Probably won’t finish it but we’ll see how far I get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh god I'm an idiot I used the Search on Google function for the deck code because I wasn't thinking.

Anyways I'm only 30 coins away and I can get 16 more from the last 2 quests so I guess I can finish the battle pass after all.

"Deal damage to units (0/500)"
I wonder if overdamaging units counts?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i did the 130 noncombat damage in like 3 games with lissandra swain

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The iPad client crashes every few minutes now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the final step of the last quest gives a renekton icon btw. in case you were already finished with the pass and going to skip it and like icons

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

i don't feel bad at all

even if these images are comically gigantic

gently caress him and gently caress that deck archetype

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

hahahahaha whats the matter fiora?

feelin a little chilly?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

All-In Fiora is the stupidest gimmicky deck that for some reason against all odds works more often than you would think.

Meanwhile I made a Shen/Fiora deck and I feel dirty because it's actually really fun to play on top of being very effective. It's me I'm the monster. :gonk:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
3/3 for 3 Challenger that can turn into a 4/4 is really, really good even if you don't factor in the alternate win condition.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

All-In Fiora is the stupidest gimmicky deck that for some reason against all odds works more often than you would think.

Meanwhile I made a Shen/Fiora deck and I feel dirty because it's actually really fun to play on top of being very effective. It's me I'm the monster. :gonk:

I won't apologize for Shen/Fiora if people will post that obnoxious Sejuani deck if they weren't part of a problem too :colbert:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

dunno if teemo and sej are even remotely on the same level as a single champion strangling the poo poo out of the meta for six to eight months

that's like getting mad at a viktor deck while playing tf

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

shen fiora is the fairest meta deck that currently exists.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Swim had a riot dude onto his stream to talk about the game. I only listened to a little of it but the part that concerns me is they're apparently going to be making a lot more "backline champions" (TF, Aphelios, Kindred, etc). I think this is basically a mistake and a lot of the core rules of the game like terrible removal don't work when it comes to engines. But we'll see. Balance changes in 3 days allegedly so we'll see what direction they'll go.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

backline champs are definitely the ones that end up broken more often. they really loving killed heimer though.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Awesome! posted:

shen fiora is the fairest meta deck that currently exists.

hmmmm it's certainly the meta deck that has existed the longest with very little changes and i guess that is kind of fair

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Wanna smugly spam Braum because your cheesy Shurima deck's sun disc thing happened? Congrats, i'm gonna go do something else, if winning makes your dick that hard then you won't mind waiting for it.

I'm convinced LoL's player base made their way here, if nearly every one of them I face are arrogant sacks of poo poo.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Neuronyx posted:

Wanna smugly spam Braum because your cheesy Shurima deck's sun disc thing happened? Congrats, i'm gonna go do something else, if winning makes your dick that hard then you won't mind waiting for it.

I'm convinced LoL's player base made their way here, if nearly every one of them I face are arrogant sacks of poo poo.

Talks about emote-spam making them so mad they AFK rope burn and then complains about the "player base" in same breath. :irony:

There's an emote mute button if it get's to you that badly.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The sun disc isn't even a remotely good deck either.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I only use emotes when I make dumb mistakes.
*attacks with 1/1 zoe into 2/1 sprayfin on t8 due to calculating blockers a ton of times and completely forgetting my opponent had an elusive*
*presses heimerdinger calculating emote after my zoe dies :( *

Thankfully, I was playing zoe+aph+asol & the deck can't actually lose. It also helped that I just used zoe to activate temple and had no actual zoe plan that game either. It did suck to not get the card I expected to get after the attack.

Another dumb mistake recently:

*gets my 2/4 challenger hit with -4 attack debuff*
*casts sharpsight on my 0/4 challenger that is now being vulnerabullied*
*now has 0/6 challenger*

If it goes to -2 it should show -2 and not 0. Also, this won me the game because that unit didn't die, he tried to use removal, I healed it, veiled temple buffed it, and it took over the board. I don't think I would have made that play had I known I wouldn't get the attack buff.

This game is extremely hard to play optimally even when you don't make new-player level mistakes.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 27, 2021

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Engines are the most popular cards in every TCG they're introduced in. Even in MTG the game has heavily moved away from stat sticks.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Megasabin posted:

Talks about emote-spam making them so mad they AFK rope burn and then complains about the "player base" in same breath. :irony:

There's an emote mute button if it get's to you that badly.

I'm sorry to tell you but somebody rope burning and somebody emote spamming aren't the same thing, and one of them is a reaction and consequence to the other, so.

I didn't think i'd have to mute anybody but this wouldn't be the first time I've been burned for expecting better from people. Having to assume that everybody's a piece of garbage feels pretty lousy.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Someone spammed emotes at me earlier when they invoked and I was sitting there thinking "what the hell cold be so excited about, I don't think there's any game changing invoke from a 4,5,6 with this board state and no one gets that hype about sisters vs a deck that's slower than theirs & not trying to reduce nexus health - obliterating veiled temple would be a waste of 6 mana at this point". I sat there worried that there was some series of event I didn't expect about to give me a big L. It turned out they got the 5/5 challenger which didn't work out quite like he had hoped & also got a sad poro.

Emotes are actually cool because it's the only way people can interact with you.

Neuronyx posted:

I'm sorry to tell you but somebody rope burning and somebody emote spamming aren't the same thing, and one of them is a reaction and consequence to the other, so.
Rope burning is wasting everyone's time. Emote spamming is putting little images the developers put into the game in a corner where nothing game related goes.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 27, 2021

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pro tier emote game is spamming kpop selfie after literally every single action

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

moush posted:

Engines are the most popular cards in every TCG they're introduced in. Even in MTG the game has heavily moved away from stat sticks.
At least this explains why I bounce off of every new TCG after a year or two.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

i just want a good solid yawn emote in response to someone furiously emote spamming but sometimes just quietly kicking their rear end and they just scoop is super worth it

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Braum is for greeting your opponent at the start of the game.

Heimer is for when you can't decide on a move or your opponent is making a play you don't understand.

Shen is for when you're about to launch a huge attack.

Poro is for when something bad happens to you.

Jinx is for when your opponent does something big and unexpected and you just can't. You just can't even.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Khorne posted:

Someone spammed emotes at me earlier when they invoked and I was sitting there thinking "what the hell cold be so excited about, I don't think there's any game changing invoke from a 4,5,6 with this board state and no one gets that hype about sisters vs a deck that's slower than theirs & not trying to reduce nexus health - obliterating veiled temple would be a waste of 6 mana at this point". I sat there worried that there was some series of event I didn't expect about to give me a big L. It turned out they got the 5/5 challenger which didn't work out quite like he had hoped & also got a sad poro.

Emotes are actually cool because it's the only way people can interact with you.
Rope burning is wasting everyone's time. Emote spamming is putting little images the developers put into the game in a corner where nothing game related goes.

Emotes CAN be cool, if the person using them is cool. And come on let's not pretend that emote spamming has no reason behind it, you do it when you want to be an rear end in a top hat.

Vandar posted:

Braum is for greeting your opponent at the start of the game.

Heimer is for when you can't decide on a move or your opponent is making a play you don't understand.

Shen is for when you're about to launch a huge attack.

Poro is for when something bad happens to you.

Jinx is for when your opponent does something big and unexpected and you just can't. You just can't even.

This is exactly what I thought, save for Shen, which I like to use if the match was good regardless of who wins. If you're facing an rear end in a top hat however, Braum is used if they know they're about to win like some kind of 'you lose bye' and poro is to make fun of somebody who's about to lose.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Yea, I’m not sure about the pushback here. Rope-burning is annoying, but maybe don’t BM if you don’t want BM in response.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Silynt posted:

Yea, I’m not sure about the pushback here. Rope-burning is annoying, but maybe don’t BM if you don’t want BM in response.

Yeah make no mistake i'm not exactly saying i'm the bigger man here, I just can't keep myself from being a dick in response to somebody being a dick.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
What are we even labeling as emote spam? If you mean someone is delaying playing the game to make you sit there and watch them spam emotes, well then they are basically rope burning you to begin with and I misunderstood what you are saying. If someone spams emotes every time they are clowning on you, but it doesn't affect the length of the game, then you are absolutely a baby for rope burning instead of just muting them.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Megasabin posted:

What are we even labeling as emote spam? If you mean someone is delaying playing the game to make you sit there and watch them spam emotes, well then they are basically rope burning you to begin with and I misunderstood what you are saying. If someone spams emotes every time they are clowning on you, but it doesn't affect the length of the game, then you are absolutely a baby for rope burning instead of just muting them.

You’ve got a weird hard-on for wasted time being the one true evil. If someone chooses to deliberately annoy me, it is in no way worse for me to annoy them back. If wasted time is what annoys emote spammers, sounds like a great target.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Silynt posted:

You’ve got a weird hard-on for wasted time being the one true evil. If someone chooses to deliberately annoy me, it is in no way worse for me to annoy them back. If wasted time is what annoys emote spammers, sounds like a great target.

Source your quotes.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

cmon don't do that kind of lame burn stuff in here to one another.

emotes are fine. sometimes people are dicks about it so you thrash em. if you do em and they thrash you, you get it back. if you don't like the back and forth then mute em on the onset, idk

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Neuronyx posted:

Having to assume that everybody's a piece of garbage feels pretty lousy.

lol welcome to online gaming, I guess? you’ll loving hate it here, but it’s okay, we all do.

The only two pieces of cosmetics I have bought in this game are Ez sweating for when I might be about to win unless they have an answer and praying Teemo for when they might be about to win unless I draw an out.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
imagine being such a baby that you decide to waste your own time in response to your opponent putting up some funny pictures

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Imagine thinking I give that much of a poo poo if i'm willing to do it in the first place. Imagine thinking another sixty seconds is that much time to waste. It doesn't bother me, but it might bother the other BMing rear end in a top hat. Either way if you want to be a prick, I feel like there should be a price. You won't get to do it for free.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The emotes are cute and they do a little animation and some people have fun pasting them a bunch because they’re cute and do a little animation.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I just hope whoever was spamming emotes reads this thread someday so they can learn just how mad it didn't make you

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'll just say if you find yourself angry every match then perhaps take a break for a bit. Go boot up the Lab of Legends (it's pretty fun) or another game entirely. Come back once you've chilled out awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Pilchenstein posted:

I just hope whoever was spamming emotes reads this thread someday so they can learn just how mad it didn't make you

I never said I wasn't mad, you're not clever.