Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Do not mistake the bucket for the river.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
I’m not sure how much of what we’ve been told is true. Binah isn’t exactly a Boy Scout. We know Angela has lied to us. Even our past self has probably lied to us!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Is this a translation error? What does it mean? Do you have to have every abnormality breaching at the same time?

jimmydalad posted:

Friendly reminder that A is the worst~. If there’s one thing this game wants to make clear, it is that A is a morally reprehensible human being. When Binah is the one calling you out, you know it’s bad.
You could argue that everyone in this setting (except Laetitia) is morally compromised. A is just the logical endpoint of utilitarian ethics.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So let me try to describe the process to partially get it down into not-entirely-metaphor for myself. Wall of :words: incoming:

Cogito is dragged up from the River (I.e the collective human subconscious) through the Well (I.e a tunnel of some form linking reality to the River) via Bucket (i.e Carmen). The exact details on how this is accomplished are still unknown. The process is antithetical to human sanity and sense, with regular employees losing their minds if they basically actually look into the Well at all, and Binah only not suffering this fate because her mind has been hosed around with to remove the possibility of going insane.

Once employees have sufficiently lost their minds to the point of uselessness, they are injected with sufficient amounts of Cogito. If successful, the employee is turned into an Abnormality, shoved into a containment chamber, and then brought up for possible selection to be placed into the facility. If unsuccessful, the employee is entombed in a pillar and left to gather dust in the Extraction Department for presumably forever. The horrible fate that happened to Elijah may well have been the beginning of a transformation into an Abnormality, and whether or not the transformation actually finished after A presumably ripped the brain out of the transforming body to get shoved into a robox is unknown. I hope the answer is “no”.

How much the “River” is actually a physical place and how much it’s just a metaphysical thing that pieces are being ripped out of to be turned into power production is unknown. The backstories for the abnormalities are mostly sort of true and false; from the Abnormality’s perspective the backstory is real and how they remember their past, but from an outsider’s perspective it’s all just made up. How the backstories for the abnormalities without some historical basis or the ability to communicate legibly is unknown.

Sometimes unintended products are dragged up from the Well; those become the Ordeals the rest of the facility beats down on a daily basis. Ordeals reflect things that actually exist in reality to some extent, but can be dragged from any point in time, including the future.
It is possible for abnormalities to manifest themselves directly without the Bucket; the Bird trio apparently did genuinely originate from the Black Forest (possibly meaning that their entire backstory is 100% true), and according to Binah the Plague Doctor basically came out of the Well already fully formed, and even has at least some understanding of the River it originated from (at one point discussing the “currents” it traversed on the way in).

It’s also probably possible for abnormalities to have more hidden meanings than their external presentation; for an example, as Binah probably alluded to when accidentally giving X/A the idea for the first attempt to suppress Gebura, the Shelter from the 27th of March may be a metaphor for A’s own state inside the facility: he’s completely safe where he is, but unable to physically interact with the outside and can mostly only give command and watch as everything falls apart around him. I thought of this idea a few weeks ago but initially dismissed it as being super relevant since the Shelter had a confirmed physical origin; with the truth now being out that idea might actually be significant rather than just a coincidence.

Long story short, (almost?) all the horrors in the facility are manmade because A is the Absolute Worst Person, and the company name is a secret metaphor for how they get access to their cosmic horrors, because literally all of them are our fault. :lobcorp:

If I had any real artistic talent, I’d do a “wait it was a Bucket the entire time” meme, but that meme already got used on Birds so oh well.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 23, 2021

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Dead Reckoning posted:

Is this a translation error? What does it mean? Do you have to have every abnormality breaching at the same time?
The missing end of that sentence is "...researched to Observation Level 4".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So I'd guess from this that all the employees we have are people who underwent Cogito to extract abnormalities from their subconscious. The Records department brings back some memory of who they were before, to act out the jobs they originally thought they were getting when they were thrown down the well.

Of course, we still have no idea what all this is for. Sure, we generate power, but it's clear by now that's a side benefit that lets LobCorp operate openly. We haven't really learned much new about what this is all for; Carmen and A found a sickness at the heart of humanity and are trying to treat it, but after all this time we still don't have much to go on for what that means.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Which we can’t do because Plague Doctor’s escape notes costs more PE boxes than ever will exist ever.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Plague Doctor is just shielding A from having to talk to Binah again.

Such a helpful guy!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the Orb of Zot posted:

Which we can’t do because Plague Doctor’s escape notes costs more PE boxes than ever will exist ever.

So I guess he’ll have to fill up the clock on this “filler” day?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

hobbesmaster posted:

So I guess he’ll have to fill up the clock on this “filler” day?

Day 45 is coming up and that's a challenge day, so maybe Hokma's core suppression and the clock filling up will coincide.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

the Orb of Zot posted:

Cogito is dragged up from the River (I.e the collective human subconscious) the Well (I.e a tunnel of some form linking reality to the River) via Bucket (i.e Carmen). The exact details on how this is accomplished are still unknown. The process is antithetical to human sanity and sense, with regular employees losing their minds if they basically actually look into the Well at all, and Binah only not suffering this fate because her mind has been hosed around with to remove the possibility of going insane.

This actually broke some of my theories. I always considered Bucket to be Cogito, because it is the tool to extract Abnormalities. On the other hand Cogito might as well be the Well, an instrument to link to the collective unconcious. On the third hand, we saw the process of the extraction, and we didn't see a cadaver of our dead gf present anywhere. Where does Carmen comes into play here exactly?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arcvasti posted:

Day 45 is coming up and that's a challenge day, so maybe Hokma's core suppression and the clock filling up will coincide.

I think we aren't actually going to be doing Day 45 for a while, just because of the way the endgame works. It's not really a spoiler since TeeQueue already mentioned it but just in case: If you haven't finished all the suppressions by day 46 you will be locked out of doing them, which means you can't get the proper ending without a full day 1 restart since 46 is a repository day and also when the endgame begins. So we're going to have to rewind a few times and the clock is almost certainly going to fill before then (maybe even in the next gameplay segment? We'll see).

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Day 45 should still be up though, TQ needs to do one suppression before the rewind, otherwise it's meaningless. The problem is that you can't do both Hokma and Binah's suppressions in one go.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
This also raises the question of if TQ is mad enough to play all the way through to a bad end, then day 1 reset to show us a good end.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I still think Cogito is the bucket and the river is the human collective unconsciousness. But Cogito was created by Carmen and that’s why all Abnormalities the facility creates are her “children”. As for Elijah, she likely got an incomplete dose, Cogito weakens the boundaries between reality and thought, for the Forsaken Murderer this meant manifesting his psychosis, for Elijah perhaps her lack of mental fortitude or strong self-image meant that when her subconscious and reality were allowed to mingle she melted, because her sense of self-worth was equivalent to a puddle on the floor.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I've edited the rest into the post, for some reason I had never noticed that.

Apparently there just wasn't enough room to put the rest into the text box. WEIRD!

Tylana posted:

This also raises the question of if TQ is mad enough to play all the way through to a bad end, then day 1 reset to show us a good end.

TQ is not quite that mad, no. We'll be getting everything done in this loop-and taking advantage of a couple quirks of the game in order to do it. I've got a couple tricks left up my sleeve. The 100% end will come later though. We’re still below 50% in our codex.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 23, 2021

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
TeeQueue outta curiosity are you currently insane enough to continue onto Library of Ruinia or are you calling it quits after Lobo Corp?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The tropes of the genre (I am blind to the plot here) make me assume Carmen's horrible overdose has made her some variety of dead/comatose maybe astrally projecting too deep to come back and what remains of her is the Bucket (or maybe just the rope of the Bucket).

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MinutePirateBug posted:

TeeQueue outta curiosity are you currently insane enough to continue onto Library of Ruinia or are you calling it quits after Lobo Corp?

I will be covering Library of Ruina after this.

It’s a card game, they’re like my drug.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Okay there's a lot to be said but I'm just cackling over the interlude with Hinman and Plague Doctor.

Binah is an absolutely horrible person but her fate is still objectively nightmarish. She copes admirably, though!

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

t3isukone posted:

Okay there's a lot to be said but I'm just cackling over the interlude with Hinman and Plague Doctor.

Binah is an absolutely horrible person but her fate is still objectively nightmarish. She copes admirably, though!

She may be a horrible person, but she has pretty good theme music. https://soundcloud.com/tw77tmtutuyh/sets/binah-boss-battle

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm struggling through Binah's suppression right now and hoo boy, none of you are even close to what fun she has in store for us.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Tylana posted:

The tropes of the genre (I am blind to the plot here) make me assume Carmen's horrible overdose has made her some variety of dead/comatose maybe astrally projecting too deep to come back and what remains of her is the Bucket (or maybe just the rope of the Bucket).

Carmen didn't overdose, she straight up killed herself.

The bucket is a metaphor for what she has become, a vessel for extraction of abnormalities.
I might be misremembering the order but Elijah died before this so she could not become an abno and that's part of why she died so horribly. The experiments failed many times before they found the way to success.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Cogito is almost certainly literally made of Carmen. That's my bet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ratoslov posted:

She pees it out into the bucket.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Ratoslov posted:

McGavin posted:

She pees it out into the bucket.

Now I imagine Carmen corpse nailed to the cross in the facility basement leaking Cogito, like Lilith in Evangelion.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Cogito is science girl bathwater.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Does Abnormalities being pulled from the collective unconscious also mean they are removed from the collective unconscious? A hammer headed prisoner or birds in a forest used to be urban legends, but now aren't because they are physically in the facility and not in the collective unconscious?
And does this river run both ways? Can it be used to insert things into the collective unconscious?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Also, this has nothing to do with what is currently going on, but I came across the Legacy version Sephirah stories and wish to share my greatest finding with the thread, offered here for your enjoyment in spoiler tags not because of any actual spoilers (mechanical or plotwise), but because of Legacy content.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

We Repeat: Please Do Not gently caress The Robots

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Rockopolis posted:

And does this river run both ways? Can it be used to insert things into the collective unconscious?

Now that sounds like something LobCorp might be trying to do as their ultimate goal.

And makes its name partiularly concerning.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Tenebrais posted:

Now that sounds like something LobCorp might be trying to do as their ultimate goal.

And makes its name partiularly concerning.

What's wrong with spreading our Seed of Light all over the River?

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 44: Gameplay

Music: neutral 3

Manager, that problem Abnormality has taken up residence in my department.

I can see that. At least it means we don't have to worry about any more meltdowns. Yesterday wound up being a bust on getting information, though…

We managed to determine that it didn't have a body under there. That's not nothing~

A reaction has been building with each interaction an agent has with it, however.

Except for Dimi, anyways! So we know it's what the Abnormality does that causes it!

Based on the CCTV footage, it seems to be related to the blessings it has been providing and the clock that the manager's been seeing!

And once it gives enough of them, and the clock hits midnight…

Um… the energy should crystalize? Then we'll find out what it's building towards.

There's also what it always says… the "time of reunion." I bet that time is midnight.

This kind of indecisiveness isn't like you, A.

Well, I'm trying to not get my people killed.

I've already explained to you many times that their lives are simply not-

One: They're still people and I should probably avoid letting them die. Two: They're good agents. Each one would cost over thirty LOB to replace and they still wouldn't be on the same level.

Sir, we have over 370-

That's my rainy day fund. We're not touching it.

Aren't we underground, though..?

All the more important. Groundwater is a terror. Anyways-circumstances have made it so that we don't have much choice but to press forward and see what we can find out.

The choice remains completely in your hands, manager. I only ever intend to observe.

Ah, I see that circumstances is also on the call for once. Whatever, we'll play it by ear and see how it goes. Let's do this.

Work. Sleep. Work. The cycle continues, unbroken.

It's time. Remember to follow the protocols.

D.A.D. Kaori. My interest has been piqued by that new creature.

The one that moved in next dooor..? It dooes seem rather exootic…

Management's been in a tizzy about it-they're not sure what to make of it.

Regardless, I should greet it in a friendly manner, as a normal human. Which I am.

Knock yourself out.

Thou has come.

I need to know what you know.

I know that thou art not from here. That thine mission is misplaced, pointless.

Pointless? But the Ethereals-

Forget them. They couldst no more hold against the horrors in this city than thou couldst stop a train with thine meager body.

Then… all of this… what do I do? I have to call them, but my equipment isn't-it doesn't...

Thou must evolve. Become more than thyself. Accept mine blessing.

This power… psionics? No… something more!

Do not attempt to comprehend everything. Simply accept the protection thou has been given.

...You have my thanks, creature.

Hence we shall go together 'ere the time of reunion.

Manager, we have a situation! That Plague Doctor… there's been a change.

Is it important? I'm watching something here.

Ow. Ow. Ow.

I must insist, Manager.

As you can see, its hat is gone.

Yes. And?

Something's peeking out from behind it.

A halo… wait. I thought it didn't have anything behind its mask?

I'd surmise this means it's nearly complete, sir.

Wait, what the hell is Elle doing in there?!

Um… didn't you order her to work with it, sir?

Thou hast come as I have requested.

I… did, yes, but it was an order from-

Thou feelest guilty about not speaking out before. Thou put thine work off, knowing full well it was thy duty.

What? Hahaha-no. No. That's silly.

You cannot hide thy inner thoughts from me. There is no need to fear. I wouldst offer you a blessing, that this malady holding thee back may pass from this world.

That's a little suspicious…

There is naught to fear. Come.

Hey! Your cloak! And the mask!

I've no more need for masks. The power of mine blessed have provided me much, returning mine body. Soon, the disease I have sought to defeat shall pass from this world.

You look… adorable. Can I pet you?

Thou cannot. Hence we shall go together 'ere the time of reunion.

What the…

Okay, so it has a body now. And that body is…

Some kind of flying angel fetus?

Yes, that… that sums it up perfectly. That doesn't explain who it was who had Elle and T work with that thing. Malkuth, what's going on in Control?

I'll check right away, manager!

Huh. So that's why you like posing so much.

Yeah, nothing complicated at all. It's just fun.

Orders from the top, everyone! Do we have any records of work orders for Plague Doctor?

Hold on, I'll check… Yeah, we have two. Shows they came from… huh, that's odd.

Did you find something?

It says it's from the manager, but this isn't his usual workstation's network address. It's coming from… Information?

Did you catch that, manager?

No… no way. But Information's where...

I take it mine ploy has been spotted?

How long have you been on this line?!

Long enough. Thine power is great, but with the fervent belief of mine own followers I am more than its equal.

You are a literal baby! The hell are you on about?!

How unfortunate. Thou hast not opened thine eyes to see, nor thine ears to hear. Open thine heart to receive all I have for thee. The time of reunion is nigh. I wouldst blesseth thee, manager.

Not happening. Someone has to run this place.

This burden dost not have to belong to thee alone.

That siren… Was that what I think it was?

We've hit meltdown level two, manager! What, are you spacing out?

I didn't order anyone to work yet!

I hath handled such trifles. Thou art not needed here. Let us cure this disease, and enact her will. The will of mother… a world where this disease is no more.

That's not happening. You're just an Abnormality. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that you can't be trusted.

O arrogant son of man… thou dost not realize that thou art wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

Hah! Nice try! I'm wearing proper pants and everything this time!

Is that something the manager should be bragging about?

Let's just consider it an improvement...

Very well. I doth not require thee. I shall simply call another.

Manager! Bishop's just said he caught the Control system doing that thing again!

What's the target?!

He blocked Training and Information's backdoors manually, so the next closest department is...

It's targeting my team..?

Chesed, can you turn up the Deterrence on just one cell?

I can only control it by department.

Good enough. Max it out on Plague Doctor now! Er-Information, I guess!

Manager, the Qliphoth Deterrence is not something which can be changed without-

Shut up, Angela! Do it!

Roger that, boss~

Sephiroth, you have a-oh.

Hm?

It was canceled as quickly as it came in. I suppose that silly manager of ours changed his mind! HAHA!

I wish he'd stop pestering us with these requests and changing his mind halfway through…

...The Deterrence has been increased, Manager. I have cancelled the work order.

Information's Abnormalities have returned to a deep slumber. We won't be able to harvest energy from them any more today.

And just in the nick of time. Who knows what could have happened~

I really don't like that thing.

It's an Abnormality, the same as any other. It simply seems to have some sort of unknown ability. With study, we shall find our path forward.

There's no way. That thing is just… strange. Until we've got countermeasures for it, I don't want anyone touching it. Leave the department it's in on lockdown for all I care.

Ah… running away once more?

It's not 'running' to keep away from something like that. Provoking it would just lead to pointless deaths, and we're trying to avoid those.

As I have said time and again, A, death has no meaning here.

Yeah, and I'm starting to think that believing that is why I haven't broken out this stupid loop so far.

Breaking it? Why would you want to-

Look around, Hokma. Really look at where we are. I'm going to try doing things differently, and I'm going to break out of here. If that makes me a coward or… whatever, then I don't care. I want out.

...I see. It's clear that you still don't understand. Worry not, I will prepare another presentation for you.

No more presentations, Hokma!

Manager, he has disconnected.

Of course he did.

Do not worry. I feel quite certain you have accomplished your objective here. With this, his instability should be peaking.

Oh..? Oh, yeah. I guess that's true…

You didn't mean to provoke him?

I… Didn't not mean to.

...Of course, A.

Crimson Dawn.

Thanks for inviting me back. It's nice to get out of Central every now and then.

No problem. It's nice to have you around.

Thanks for helping out with these clowns, too.

It's no problem at all. Up in Central the team'd probably miss one by accident without me around to direct them... so it's nice to have such a simple layout.

Hey… you're not around to direct them right now, right? Aren't we doing something really dangerous?

...Oh. It… It's probably fine! Don't worry! Manager picks up anything I miss, and he's always in top form.

Manager, why didn't you catch this one?!

I DON'T KNOW! I've been off my game since this morning, okay?!

That's no excuse! Even setting aside that you can't afford to have an off day, that Nothing There is about to escape because of your mistake!

It's okay, I'll send everyone in before-

Why are Thursdays always like this?!

Alright everyone, calm down.

I don't know what happened to that poor irradiated scorpion, but now we have to put it down! Fast!

Given my suit is weak to Red, should I even be here..?

No time to think. I'll keep its attention, you all try to stay alive.

Nobody called, but here I am! Tada!

Oh, can you get to work on stopping that Abnormality?

Sounds like I get to inconvenience something new today! Muahahaha!

Nothing There isn't immune to Red damage in this form, so I apply Red bullets and focus fire it with everyone-if it gets to that third form things will get unpleasant so I want it downed here.

We've finished suppressing those drat clowns!

Great. Get Tenebrais over here-we need her now!

I'm on it, boss!

Backup from Records is here!

I'll cover you! Close and attack!

Good timing, guys! This monster's resistant to our attacks.

There's only so much of a dent we could put in it with its own E.G.O weapon, in the end.

Disciplinary's busting into the party too!

I'll open it up with this, so be ready to follow up with more Black attacks!

Despite being an ALEPH, Nothing There can't deal enough damage to get through our bullets-but we aren't able to kill it quickly enough to prevent a phase change either.

The phase 2 egg is immune to Red damage, so Biceps, Boksi, Twee, and anyone else with Red damage are useless here.

It's turned into some kind of... cocoon?

We need to take it down, now. We've got 30 seconds before things get a hell of a lot worse!

Thirty seconds? Plenty of time!

Luckily for us, our facility's damage output is more than equal to the challenge. Most ALEPHs aren't really a problem anymore so long as we react quickly.

Thank goodness I can pause time. I really wouldn't want to do that on the fly...

Good hustle today, Switch.

Thanks. This blessing is really helping with my reaction time. It's like it whispers what to handle before I get there, and then I just let the E.G.O equipment react to that.

That sounds like quite the handy gift. Not that I would ever need such a thing, of course. I'm too amazing already.

Yeah! You sure were going at that cocoon, even though you couldn't hurt it at all. Speaking of… who cleans those up, anyways?

Oh, they move back to containment on their own after they're suppressed.

:sigh: Would it kill them to clean up after themselves once..?

Punishing Bird's breaching, we've got Sweepers coming up, and it looks like we won't quite be at the threshold before we roll over. Guess there's still a little more to do, huh..?

That is the way of this job, manager.

Oh, hey again. I was just about to go see your brother. Anything I should tell them?

:wave:

Got it, I'll tell them you said hi.

Sweepers. I'd rather we didn't have Mizu go wild today. Is there anything you can do?

I have no intention to interfere, Manager. The workday is done with your own power.

Then I guess I wasn't talking to you. Chiral, anything you can do?

Sniff sniff! I smell… unpleasantries!

Maybe one thing. Hey, Mizu, check this out?

But that smell… Sniff! Sniff sniff! Ooo, is that lavender?

It sure is. I got some scented candles to spruce up the place.

Ooooh, it smells super duper good. I'm gonna go show Miss Binah!

Thank goodness. I didn't need another ALEPH on my hands.

Manager, she's just an agent.

Some days I wonder.

Remember, take care of them ASAP! If they get to Extraction…

What happens then?

Zeta21 told me a story about what Mizu'll do to these things. It makes that CENSORED in Records look like Laetitia.

:stonk:

Dude, seriously?! I felt my hair go off just from hearing it!

Dammit! Two seconds too late.

Try not to let it get to you… these things happen.

It's partly my fault-I missed the chance to shield.

Still, I don't like it when things end like that. I'll have to hit harder next time.

Given how easily we suppressed Nothing There earlier, it shouldn't be much surprise to say that Noons are never an actual threat to us anymore.

Well, thank you for cheering. Let's call the day here, Angela.

Of course, manager.

Good work out there today, team. We're all done.

Dang. And here after that ALEPH escaped I was hoping things would be exciting.

They were-you just weren't around for it.

Huh? What's she talking about?

Probably Manager bullshit. I am so glad I don't have to pay attention to that stuff anymore.

Heh. Say, where's Credentia, anyways?

Upstairs. She was looking after La Luna today.

Such a nice old lady… the way she always talks about the piano's almost enough to make me wish we had one to try playing here.

Good work, everyone. Take care on your way out.

Hnhnhn… as expected, I got done first. Don't feel badly about it, Gaia. It's only natural that you fall behind my incredible speed and business acumen.

You are amazing, ma'am.

:v: Hey, we've gotten word that Tylana's sticking around Records to help them, and we've got her pile of work to do.

Well, hey, Dimi, that works out perfectly. You can take care of it, right ma'am?

What? But-I was going to go home!

:v: Here you go.

This--this isn't fair!

I'm sure you've got it, ma'am! I'm almost done myself.

Come ooooon!

We made it through, somehow.

I'll have to keep Chesed on top of keeping up the Deterrence of that thing 'til we understand how to deal with it.

Don't worry about that, Manager. I'll be able to take care of it, no problem.

What a pain in the rear end…

It's just a challenge we have to overcome like any other, Netzach! Chin up!

Challenges mean more work for me than you. I still have to deal with all the agents that get left injured, you know...

Don't worry too much. I'm sure something good will happen next ti-

Okay, that's enough talking! Everyone get out of here, we're done for the day!

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: We disrespect our elders.

*Plague Doctor cannot actually issue work orders on its own and will not speak to the manager in normal gameplay

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jul 6, 2021

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
bean

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Why do I get the feeling that the day 45 challenge is going to be setting off Plague Doctor while dealing with Hokma's suppression?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Bean.
Also, for some reason I am now convinced that the clock is going to lead into something very bad.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Sephiroth almost kickstarted The Reunion.

What a tease.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

Work. Sleep. Work. The cycle continues, unbroken.
Or, as someone else put it:
Work, work.

TeeQueue posted:

Zeta21 told me a story about what Mizu'll do to these things. It makes that CENSORED in Records look like Laetitia.
Now it is canon. CENSORED is just a Sweeper who had misfortune of meeting Mizu.

TeeQueue posted:

*Plague Doctor cannot actually issue work orders on its own and will not speak to the manager in normal gameplay
Neither can you raise deterrence on a whole department, which is a drat shame. I expected Chesed suppression bonus to be something like that before.

BisbyWorl posted:

Why do I get the feeling that the day 45 challenge is going to be setting off Plague Doctor while dealing with Hokma's suppression?
If so, I can guess at least some effects of Hokma suppression. Hmm, it sounds like the beginning of logic problem. If next day challenge will be dealing with Doctor and Hokma at the same time, I know what Hokma can do. Infer abilities of Hokma from this sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Hmm. Eager to see what the timewarp brings.