Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

now put on your new billion dollar uniform and smile:

looks like camo jiffy lube overalls

at least they stepped up their game when it came to new dress uniforms

the designers apparently drew their inspiration from flight attendants and a picture of lowtax in a t-shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

zen sex robot posted:

*oh poo poo well we might have to get involved in Ukraine or some war in Eastern Europe in the next 5 years or so*

*draws down military to post-WWII levels*

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
If only we had some way of affording a larger military with a proper ground attack aircraft to support them....

Oh well, money doesn't grow on trees!

*F-35 lands in a forest setting 40,000 acres ablaze*

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cream_Filling posted:

One pilot complained about the touch screen interface used to control the radios, saying it “is not readily accessible, requires more channelized attention, has no tactile feedback, and is error prone – particularly during demanding phases of flight or under turbulent flight conditions.”

I have said, and am saying again: Touchscreens are great for casual stuff but poo poo for any serious application.
Touchscreens on Ipads and Smartphones and poo poo? More power to you. Touchscreens on a computer where I type more than two sentences at a time? :xbone: Touchscreens to drive a car, let alone to fly a loving fighter jet? :suicide:

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
*finger slips, swipes sideways*
*plane switches to VTOL mode, launches entire payload of missiles in buckshot pattern*

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

zen sex robot posted:

*touchscreen fogs up can't tell if I'm radioing the tower or dropping a nuke on Dallas*

why not both? now we're multitasking on the go with our mounted tablet

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'll go out on a limb and guess that touchscreens also cost more than the traditional interface.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Frosted Flake posted:

I'll go out on a limb and guess that touchscreens also cost more than the traditional interface.

civilian spec, no. milspec?? you bet your rear end.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

F35 touchscreen in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oyCzT6sB_4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lamebot posted:

civilian spec, no. milspec?? you bet your rear end.

All aviation electronics, including the lovely 8 inch monitor in a coach seat back are insanely expensive because each component needs to be flame retardant. A business class sleeper seat on an airliner with a full entertainment suite costs like half a million new. the entertainment system in coach costs more than all the electronics in the average person's house per seat.

Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010

zen sex robot posted:

*touchscreen fogs up can't tell if I'm radioing the tower or dropping a nuke on Dallas*

*30 billion dollar touchscreen defroster kicks in, consuming more fuel than an afterburner*

*computer automatically signals nearest V-22 for refuelling*

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

zen sex robot posted:

*oh poo poo well we might have to get involved in Ukraine or some war in Eastern Europe in the next 5 years or so*

*USA and Russia's forces fall to pieces and leave western Europe to sweep things up*

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Yaldabaoth posted:

*USA and Russia's forces fall to pieces and leave western Europe to sweep things up*

Oh sweety, western Europe will never be relevant in the entire history of human civilization every again. Not even when it disappears.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Yaldabaoth posted:

bahahahahahahaha

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Yaldabaoth posted:

*has literally no guided munitions*

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yaldabaoth posted:

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

every again

bitch did you learn to spell from your 1.4t plane's onboard computer

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Boogaleeboo posted:

Oh sweety, western Europe will never be relevant in the entire history of human civilization every again. Not even when it disappears.

Have you read the thread? America and Russia's militarizes are so lovely at this point that at the very least, Western Europe would have to do most of the fighting in Ukraine since the two main players are using planes that fall out of the sky and tanks that burst into flame without firing a shot. Of course, that will be Western Europe's last time in the spotlight so they better enjoy it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

minister of rock :rock:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Yaldabaoth posted:

Have you read the thread? America and Russia's militarizes are so lovely at this point that at the very least, Western Europe would have to do most of the fighting in Ukraine since the two main players are using planes that fall out of the sky and tanks that burst into flame without firing a shot. Of course, that will be Western Europe's last time in the spotlight so they better enjoy it.

western Europe doesn't have a loving military you dolt, they ran out of bombs against Libya and the US had to truck France to loving Mali

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
:sweden::italy::france:Eurofighters:britain::spain::poland:, ASSEMBLE

oops

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

western Europe doesn't have a loving military you dolt, they ran out of bombs against Libya and the US had to truck France to loving Mali

So basically, war is over since no one has a decent military anymore.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Crewmine posted:

bitch did you learn to spell from your 1.4t plane's onboard computer

I'm sorry I'm not giving it 100%, maybe I can subsidize my poo poo posting with a loan from Germany until I'm back on my feet. I feel nothing bad will come from this plan.

Yaldabaoth posted:

On the worst day of it's life the United States Military could still murder the world. It could crush any nation on the planet. The part it's incredibly poo poo at is moderating attacks because it's pretending civilian life matters. If it just wanted to bomb and bomb and bomb until no living thing was left, it'd be fine.

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
The royal navy still rules the waves :britain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jgZKV4N_A

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

I'm sorry I'm not giving it 100%, maybe I can subsidize my poo poo posting with a loan from Germany until I'm back on my feet. I feel nothing bad will come from this plan.

i'm not sure germany has the spare $2t required to get the f35 spellcheck working

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Crewmine posted:

:sweden::italy::france:Eurofighters:britain::spain::poland:, ASSEMBLE

oops

lmao everyone forgot how to build planes

like in 50 years they're going to proudly introduce the F-300 by having a team of oxen pull it out of the hangar and then enthusiastically describe its many features while it bursts into flames behind them

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Crewmine posted:

i'm not sure germany has the spare $2t required to get the f35 spellcheck working

Probably not, it's a poo poo country in a poo poo part of the world.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yaldabaoth posted:

luckily most of our old poo poo still works, just like russia's

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

cock hero flux posted:

lmao everyone forgot how to build planes

like in 50 years they're going to proudly introduce the F-300 by having a team of oxen pull it out of the hangar and then enthusiastically describe its many features while it bursts into flames behind them

in 50 years they'll be juuust about ready to release a working patch for the F35 fuel pump control system which runs on a milspec version of windows vista

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yaldabaoth posted:

well do what we used to do and nominate two champions who will fight naked in a sand pit

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

On the worst day of it's life the United States Military could still murder the world. It could crush any nation on the planet. The part it's incredibly poo poo at is moderating attacks because it's pretending civilian life matters. If it just wanted to bomb and bomb and bomb until no living thing was left, it'd be fine.

On a hypothetical idealized battlefield yes, but home-field advantage is a really big loving deal. The US is the only military that can solve the logistic equation to project power because of the simple mass of money behind every movement. This doesn't mean there is the ability to arbitrarily project power around the world.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Yaldabaoth posted:

like was said the US can steamroll whoever the gently caress they want to, and Russia and China can steamroll their immediate neighbors

western Europe is fat from suckling at the teat of the American nuclear umbrella and couldn't prevent a genocide on its borders if it tried

oh wait they didn't try they just let hundreds of thousands die while they wrangled politically then bitched when the US just jumped in

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
we can project true power
*is repeatedly run out of shitholes by tribesman using chinese knockoffs of 60yo equipment*

We can fix this.

Allocate several hundred billion more to the F35.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crewmine posted:

*is repeatedly run out of shitholes by tribesman using chinese knockoffs of 60yo equipment*

Projecting military power != putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Eurofighter may be poo poo, but it's still miles ahead of American gold plate poo poo

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-f-35-will-never-beat-the-eurofighter-2013-2

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Crewmine posted:

Because we aren't trying to kill everyone. If we were, they'd all be dead. The probably we don't even *try* to solve is "How do we deal with people?". We are terrible at that. We are great at raping and murdering them.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Cream_Filling posted:

luckily most of our old poo poo still works, just like russia's

Yeah but using its old poo poo would require America's military to swallow its pride and admit it was wrong. You'd have a better chance of building a working F-35 with all its gimmicks.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

Because we aren't trying to kill everyone. If we were, they'd all be dead. The probably we don't even *try* to solve is "How do we deal with people?". We are terrible at that. We are great at raping and murdering them.

hmm yes indeed that definitely means anything

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
yeah, reminder that we made it to Baghdad in a few weeks, then just drove on in shooting everything that moved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGQxR1FXta8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabomb217
Apr 21, 2014
Only when we have female politicians here in the US

Cream_Filling posted:

well do what we used to do and nominate two champions who will fight naked in a sand pit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread