Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Slammin' Sammy strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Holy poo poo, Brendan Gaughan kicked on the burner when it counted. :stare:

Boy howdy, that was a fun finish and not one Sprint Cup driver was in the show. It looked like it was going to Dillon vs. Elliott and Gaughan said "Nope, later".

e- I voiced my opinion on Twitter about the Nationwide finish and struck a chord with a Horse:

quote:

@CBJSprague24 27m
@NASCAR If @KyleBusch, @joeylogano, @KevinHarvick, or @keselowski were in that race, that finish would've sucked #NASCAR #NoMoreBuschwackers

Brad Keselowski ‏@keselowski 25m
You realize their would be limited tv package to even watch it on with out cup drivers @CBJSprague24 ? @KyleBusch @joeylogano @KevinHarvick

@CBJSprague24 19m
@keselowski Nobody gets FS1 and NBCSN as is. Besides, when are you gonna step aside to let Ryan Blaney play full time in NNS?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 21, 2014

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Brad's always said that about Nationwide, but he does have a point in some way. Cup drivers bring the sponsors and exposure, but it's usually boring as poo poo to watch. Nationwide-only drivers are typically more exciting, but the average John and Sally don't give a gently caress about some schmuck named Brendan Gaughan. Either way, the Nationwide series is hosed (but after the Truck series collapses).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

True, and NASCAR tries to spin it so they can have it both ways: "Come watch the up-and-coming guys like Dylan Kwasniewski and Chase Elliott, but we're not going to let them have their own series because we've allowed this to write itself into an unfixable corner."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate Dylan Kwasniewski and Chase Elliott, in fairness.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
According to my stuff the race was on ESPN News so what loving tv package???

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I just realized that NASCAR is starting all the Chase races at 2pm est instead of the usual 1pm est (east-coast races). Surely it can't be because of football...

...nah. (Sure helped the TV ratings. Chicago was down 25% in viewers from Richmond the week prior. loving :lol:. The first Chase race is barely above the lowest viewed race of the season. That's magical.)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's me I'm Brad Keselowski

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Peanut President posted:

According to my stuff the race was on ESPN News so what loving tv package???

As I mentioned to Mr. Keselowski, they also usually show the NNS race at Richmond on ESPNNews because of the College World Series or something like that even with Cup guys in the field.

New Squids, 11:45pm tonight.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

As I mentioned to Mr. Keselowski, they also usually show the NNS race at Richmond on ESPNNews because of the College World Series or something like that even with Cup guys in the field.

New Squids, 11:45pm tonight.

Only a matter of time until Nationwide/Xfinity races are only shown online.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

gret posted:

Only a matter of time until Nationwide/Xfinity races are only shown online.

Nascar racing towards a future in its natural place where it gets top billing alongside Ring of Honor and CHIKARA on iPPV.com

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Nascar racing towards a future in its natural place where it gets top billing alongside Ring of Honor and CHIKARA on iPPV.com

Nah, they'll be on Velocity along with TNA.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

History was rumored at one point to be in on bidding for this TV deal.

History Channel.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Just imagine the cross promotion. We could get a Pawn Stars estimate for every car wrecked, the American Picker guys could go through Dale's backyard, and we could even find out the truth of how aliens gave Tim Richmond AIDS.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FILLING OUR YOUR CHASE BRACKET WITH NOSTRADAMUS

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm not saying it was a nitrous tank in your roll bar

but it was a nitrous tank in your roll bar

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Still rooting for Brad Keselowski to sweep every race then lose to Biffle or Newman at Homestead

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dynamite Dog posted:

Just imagine the cross promotion. We could get a Pawn Stars estimate for every car wrecked, the American Picker guys could go through Dale's backyard, and we could even find out the truth of how aliens gave Tim Richmond AIDS.

Plus, the staged altercations between drivers for harmless actions, along with the staged interviews in a studio.

"Well, Brad's a heck of a racecar driver, but that was dirty. I mean DIRTY. And I'm gonna tell him about it WITH MY FISTS."

(Tight drag race to the line for 7th). "HEY, come here asshat, you got somethin' to say?"

I hate what you became, Ice Road Truckers.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

*stock CGI transition shot of truck going over ice from below the ice*

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Burn Loudon down. Build a road course

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
oddly enough the best reality show ever was about modified racing on the History channel

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Chase accordion!

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
There are atomic clocks that envy the consistency of KyBu in the chase

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Caution caution caution caution

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Okay, this Chase format is awful.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This race owns

fuseshock posted:

Okay, this Chase format is awful.

but yeah

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I keep flipping to this during NFL breaks. How long is this caution going to lasr? It's gotta be like 50 laps long now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

I keep flipping to this during NFL breaks. How long is this caution going to lasr? It's gotta be like 50 laps long now.

They've been going green plenty but people keep wrecking

You gotta pay attention to keep up with all this action!!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:eyepop:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

They've been going green plenty but people keep wrecking

You gotta pay attention to keep up with all this action!!!

Are you sure

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yes

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
This fukken race :stare:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fun goddamn race. Aric 6th!!

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Kyle somehow brought that mess home 8th

Also lol at ESPN having to cut Loganos feed right as he goes to say "you guys loving rule"

Edit: Harvick getting all salty about Loganos restarts

Ungratek fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 21, 2014

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

I'll say this: nascar dropping the ride height rule is one of the smartest things they've done in years. These cars drive great now and it shows. Edgy cynicism aside, they have been putting on some amazing shows this year

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Penske is lightyears ahead of everyone else right now.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I'll say this: nascar dropping the ride height rule is one of the smartest things they've done in years. These cars drive great now and it shows. Edgy cynicism aside, they have been putting on some amazing shows this year

It's really a step in the right direction. Hopefully the rule changes next year will be good as well.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Possibly Chicken posted:

It's really a step in the right direction. Hopefully the rule changes next year will be good as well.

Jayski had this to say today:

quote:

NASCAR is expected to release the 2015 Sprint Cup Series rules package to teams on Tuesday. Some of the changes mentioned around the garage were a two-inch reduction on the spoiler (from eight to six inches), a 125 horsepower decrease to the engines (just 50 more than what is currently used in the Nationwide Series with the use of tapered spacers) and different gear rules. At the test at Michigan International Speedway on August 18, NASCAR tried a variety of different aero packages in an effort to "provide fans with the best action-packed racing possible". The focus was twofold: Aerodynamics and power optimization to "reduce the rapid increase in spacing between cars and increase drafting at the end of the straightaway at many of our tracks". Drivers were looking for less downforce but NASCAR was initially pushing for high downforce. NASCAR never adjusted the engines at the Michigan test but that's expected to happen when teams run the Goodyear tire test next month at Auto Club Speedway. "We never did less downforce and less power, we just did less downforce and the same power," #17-Matt Kenseth said. "I think it was good to look at a lot of different things. I'm a firm believer is less downforce is going to be better as far as our ability to pass other race cars. Maybe it will separate the back of the field and the front of the field a little bit. And what I mean by that is maybe if a guy is not quite as good of a driver or makes a mistake he may not be able to catch your car as good - that type of thing. Maybe more cautions that aren't debris cautions, there might be more accidents, things like that which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing." Although last week's Chase opener at Chicagoland Speedway offered scintillating moments - including Brad Keselowski splitting Kevin Harvick and Kyle Larson to take the lead with 15 laps remaining in the race - passing has been an issue with the new Generation 6 cars. But Kenseth was "really encouraged" by the final exercise NASCAR offered and looks forward to its potential. "You didn't have that turbulent air so bad in traffic," Kenseth added. "You could roll around outside of people. It really opened the track up. It really widened the track out. Instead of being a one-groove track, it was, honestly, for being Michigan and just being repaved, it turned into at least three-groove track already just in that little 10, 20-lap run. I think everybody was encouraged by the results. I think a lot of people were really surprised by it. I don't think it's what they expected."(Motorsport)(9-21-2014)

So hopefully good news on the horizon? :ohdear:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Less horsepower is Not A Good Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Great race, the product really has been greatly improved. I'm no expert, but those proposed rule changes sound very promising.

Really happy to see Jr come back with a top 10, he was struggling most of the day and needed a little momentum heading into Dover. My bottom four after Dover are Kahne, Biffle, Edwards, and Kurt Busch.

• Locked thread