Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

this is irresistable for 89.99 reales. my reales practically lept out of my pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

its dogshit that i cant make my avatar white CJ

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
between this and getting a WiiU in 16 days, this might be the best gaming April of my life

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
nVidia just released a "game ready" driver for GTA5, might want to go ahead and update just to squeeze out a couple extra frames.

e: Also includes optimal settings if you use geforce experience to automatically configure your games.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ffffuuuuuuccckkk im at 11.81 GB and it says 8h 40m remaining.... that's not before launch

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress yeah!!!!!!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just finished the preload. im honestly gonna try the SP out for a while because this will be my first time playing this game. but im sure as hell hitting up the MP after an hour or two of loving around

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

just finished the preload. im honestly gonna try the SP out for a while because this will be my first time playing this game. but im sure as hell hitting up the MP after an hour or two of loving around

Hopefully MP isn't as bad as GTA4 where you get this huge loading screen every time despite already having the main city loaded.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if its anything like the consoles, once you load into the city its nice

its just accepting missions/ doing races/ etc that really take the long time

I bought it, I'm just crossing my fingers that aside from the launch issues and poo poo the gta online loading times are vastly improved on PC

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm gonna start with night time driving in first person while listening to Kavinsky

then I park my car deep in the woods and blow my brains out somewhere with a nice scenic view of the city

the perfect game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

things get better when you jump from 512MB to 8GB of ram

im definitely hoping its a lot better

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

downloading new drivers now :coal:

its 7pm EST right

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frog Act posted:

downloading new drivers now :coal:

its 7pm EST right

Yea.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i am so stoked to play GTA V, especially since i just started a new job today, and it sucks. this is my consolation prize

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You must be obese.

I was promised entry as an honorary obese skinny man with a fat guy lifestyle.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what is the difference between the corn gang and the obese brotherhood.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Good lord this video editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ITAnNzj-zg

can't wait to see what people make with this

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

2 hours!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frog Act posted:

what is the difference between the corn gang and the obese brotherhood.

The Obese Brotherhood is for confident fat men who like to kick rear end and take names, the corn gangg is for anyone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was promised entry as an honorary obese skinny man with a fat guy lifestyle.

Congratulations on the honor. I hope you enjoy your time.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

:circlefap:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
For anyone who hasn't played this yet: DON'T do Lester's assassination jobs with Franklin until after the main game. I made the mistake of doing these as the story went on and couldn't buy most buildings because of it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxdDIwVWrxI

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Lumpy the Cook posted:

For anyone who hasn't played this yet: DON'T do Lester's assassination jobs with Franklin until after the main game. I made the mistake of doing these as the story went on and couldn't buy most buildings because of it

also be sure to invest to take advantage of the assassinations. You will miss out on literally millions of dollars if you do this poo poo without thinking ahead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm getting a mil just for buying the game as far as I know so I don't give a drat.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

I'm getting a mil just for buying the game as far as I know so I don't give a drat.

There's a building that costs 300 million I think.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Wormskull posted:

haha why would I want $100, I've got 75 cents already!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i am not going to bother to stay up until this game comes out :twisted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i cant believe the game is 30 minutes away. i didnt think this day could ever happen, but were here, and its magic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

i cant believe the game is 30 minutes away. i didnt think this day could ever happen, but were here, and its magic

Same here brother.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It's a good, epic time to be an Imp.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Several hours for me, since I'm currently on a train, driving away from my pc at speed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Several hours for me, since I'm currently on a train, driving away from my pc at speed

Five minutes for this extremely overweight gamer.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Infinite amount of time, until Rockstar realizes that GTA:SA was the peak of the series, stop taking themselves so seriously and patches up the game accordingly

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

OP updated with obese brotherhood.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Five minutes for this extremely overweight gamer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

qnqnx posted:

Infinite amount of time, until Rockstar realizes that GTA:SA was the peak of the series, stop taking themselves so seriously and patches up the game accordingly

You're lucky you can't report posts on the phone app you piece of poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

requested an invite to the obese brotherhood, username is the same on there. gently caress im excited

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You're lucky you can't report posts on the phone app you piece of poo poo.

GTA 4 ruined GTA for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
The timer has a ! next to it, now that there is less than a minute. I'm glad the game is as excited to be played as I am to play it.

• Locked thread