Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

nedrys squeal that pitches with dogson opening the shave can

That scene with Jurassic Park Newman and that specific sound effect oddity are the only salient thing about Jurassic Park for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hahah that owns.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

You're in luck, friend, because the entire series of Dinosaurs Attack! is filled with amazing art depicting our lovable saurian friends.

I now invite goons to tag yourselves; I'm the ape getting the world's worst purple nurple:

These are awesome!

I'm the guy that almost escaped before a dino claw went up my bhole.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The book also spends the first part with a “what are these mysterious lizards running around eating babies?” and the Nedry thing is treated as one of the group is betraying them and it isn’t clear who, but l the descriptions are about how far and a slob the saboteur is, so after seeing other stuff it’s kind of a hard start

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
I love the sound design in Jurassic Park so I think what pissed me off the most with Jurassic World was the T-Rex's ending roar not sounding like in Jurassic Park. They end the movie with the T-Rex reclaiming its throne, getting ready for its signature roar and then it doesn't sound right at all.

Comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTWo9oLJOWk&t=170s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3iElEt-k4g&t=28s

Also, reading this thread made me realize that I had totally forgotten that Jurassic World got a sequel.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Claeaus posted:

I love the sound design in Jurassic Park so I think what pissed me off the most with Jurassic World was the T-Rex's ending roar not sounding like in Jurassic Park. They end the movie with the T-Rex reclaiming its throne, getting ready for its signature roar and then it doesn't sound right at all.

Comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTWo9oLJOWk&t=170s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3iElEt-k4g&t=28s

Also, reading this thread made me realize that I had totally forgotten that Jurassic World got a sequel.

lmao poor Rexy sounds all phlegmy. Someone get her a vapor rub or something.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Voting Floater posted:

lmao poor Rexy sounds all phlegmy. Someone get her a vapor rub or something.

To be fair she's around 30 years old by the events of Fallen Kingdom, so she's ancient by T-rex standards.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Some pages from Lost World issue one I’ll post all of all 4 if it’s allowed and people want

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

To be fair she's around 30 years old by the events of Fallen Kingdom, so she's ancient by T-rex standards.

Was it supposed to be same T-Rex?

Why did they only make one, anyway? They had a huge Gallimimus herd, surely the difficulty differences wouldn't be significant

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Also I watched JP again last night, and the t-rex paddock turning into a deep pit really bothers me. There are a ton of other small plot holes that don't bother me as much.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ante posted:

Was it supposed to be same T-Rex?

Yeah it's the same one, she even has scars from fighting the raptors in the first film

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ante posted:

Also I watched JP again last night, and the t-rex paddock turning into a deep pit really bothers me. There are a ton of other small plot holes that don't bother me as much.

Yeah I don’t get that part either.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Spielberg said he knew about that trex paddock plothole but said gently caress it because it's a cool shot

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

you broke my grill posted:

Spielberg said he knew about that trex paddock plothole but said gently caress it because it's a cool shot

They never showed what was behind the camera in the paddock scenes, but I wonder if you could flip some of the scenes so it looked like there was the paddock on the left of the truck-rail, and a fenced off pit on the right

Even if it ended up with some flipped steering wheel locations, I bet that would read better to the audience

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Crichton wrote in moats between the animals and the people like in normal zoos and then forgot that for the rex attacks

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

ante posted:

They never showed what was behind the camera in the paddock scenes, but I wonder if you could flip some of the scenes so it looked like there was the paddock on the left of the truck-rail, and a fenced off pit on the right

Even if it ended up with some flipped steering wheel locations, I bet that would read better to the audience
It reads fine to audiences as is, and it's fun to recognize the weird movie geography, but past recognition you're just engaging in masochistic autism.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It reads fine to audiences as is, and it's fun to recognize the weird movie geography, but past recognition you're just engaging in masochistic autism.

Lol what?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Lol what?

He means "Stop being so picky about fence design in a movie about intelligent dinosaurs attacking people"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MarcusSA posted:

Lol what?

Nobody else gives a drat because the disappearing moat is dwarfed by the very awesome trex attack.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Good irrigation is essential to the enjoyment of modern film.

If Hammond didnt skimp out on proper drainage for the park Newman would still be alive to star in poorly thought-out sequels today.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

In the next movie they find Nedry's body and make 20 clones of him and make them debug the code

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

In the next movie they find Nedry's body and make 20 clones of him and make them debug the code

they all lock their workstations to go get snacks at the same time and it causes all of them to play the "ah ah AH" noise on loop at different intervals simultaneously, which drives the controller mad. Shuts down the computer lab, which disables all security for the park, dooming everyone.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
You guys wanna see sperging out, how does Hammond know it's Grant calling as soon as the phones went online

He doesn't even know Grant is still alive, and Sattler was the one who turned them on!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
When I was 12, one of my childhood friends started to write a sequel novel to the Jurassic Park movie on his Commodore 64. It was a super old one, and the keyboard barely worked, so for hours be banged out a couple pages. I remember it started with Ellie getting on a helicopter to go back to the island. Also since it was a sequel to the movie and not the book it had John Hammond in it.

Thanks for listening.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

ante posted:

You guys wanna see sperging out, how does Hammond know it's Grant calling as soon as the phones went online

He doesn't even know Grant is still alive, and Sattler was the one who turned them on!

It was product placement for call display, which had just been introduced by the major telecoms earlier that year

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Big Beef City posted:

they all lock their workstations to go get snacks at the same time and it causes all of them to play the "ah ah AH" noise on loop at different intervals simultaneously, which drives the controller mad. Shuts down the computer lab, which disables all security for the park, dooming everyone.

Power to the electric fences is cut, allowing packs of ravenous Nedrys to escape containment and overrun Michigan (the location of Nedry Park). Only Chris Pratt and his band of trained Nedrys have any hope of averting disaster before the DARPA-funded military Nedry escapes.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I remember as a kid reading these sequel conics that were about Grant and Sattler involved with a south american drug kingpin who was using raptors as attack animals. I thought they were rad and wondered why they kept going back to the islands for the movies instead of doing something like that.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Not without saying the magic word they don't

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Look he just wanted something salty from the vending machines because he’s been eating sweets all day. Can you blame the dude?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MarcusSA posted:

Look he just wanted something salty from the vending machines because he’s been eating sweets all day. Can you blame the dude?

My mother in law has very similar speech patterns to Nedry in that specific scene, only not as frantic usually. It's distracting.

Wayne Knight sold the gently caress out of that character, and specifically that scene.

Also, was anyone here into Seinfeld before JP? Was that weird to see Newman ruin the whole park? I was 10 in 93, and didn't really start watching Seinfeld until probably 95, so I saw it the opposite way. "Jerry's mailman is the dude who played Dennis Nedry? Neat!"

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 19, 2019

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
I remember one of the extras billed as "Unlucky Bastard" cause he gets chomped by rampaging in the city trex. I want to say it was a lead writer or exec or something.

It's me, I'm the one they put those dumb things in for because I cackled like a moran.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
are these characters ... uh ... auto-erotica?

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Interesting thing (in a "heh" sorta way) about the scene with trex and raptor fight in the first film. There is one frame in the release footage where the raptor in the rex's mouth completely disappears. For some reason the cg missed that one frame

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Harald posted:

are these characters ... uh ... auto-erotica?

Frum yur bluhd!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

A Fancy Hat posted:

I believe Jurassic Park is one of the best movies ever made, it's incredibly how well everything works.

"This is what they used to call a movie" -Mike from RedLetterMedia

Grevling fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 19, 2019

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

First of May posted:

Frum yur bluhd!

Danno Deeyennai

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Grevling posted:

"This is what they used to call a movie" -Mike from RedLetterMedia

Speaking of which:

https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/track/jurassic-park-commentary-track

Worth a listen.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ramaroot posted:

I remember one of the extras billed as "Unlucky Bastard" cause he gets chomped by rampaging in the city trex. I want to say it was a lead writer or exec or something.

It's me, I'm the one they put those dumb things in for because I cackled like a moran.

It was writer David Koepp, yes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

First of May posted:

Frum yur bluhd!

Right on shedule-UHHHHH, Schedule!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FoolyCharged posted:

Nobody else gives a drat because the disappearing moat is dwarfed by the very awesome trex attack.

I've seen several really precise architectural maps of the Trex paddock that people have painstakingly drawn up to prove that the film wasn't wrong and there could totally be a huge drop off right next to where the cars had stopped SO THERE :colbert::colbert::colbert:.

(They're wrong though, lol)