Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Last night was exactly the display of talent and craft one would expect from a CIA op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I’m more than willing to believe it started as an earnest attempt at a ratfuck and in traditional Democratic Party style cascaded into layers of incompetency and grift.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

I am willing to believe crazy conspiracy theories about election tampering by Buttigieg based on the crazy conspiracy theories of him being a CIA spook.

It's one of their core "competencies" and given the kind of news about the IC (American and otherwise) we've heard since 2016, we should expect their heavy involvement in this election cycle.

Call me crazy if you gotta. Welcome to 2020.

:chloe:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://mobile.twitter.com/detroitnews/status/1215088996776382464

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1224584413553594368?s=21

:thunk:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

shame on an IGA posted:

Last night was exactly the display of talent and craft one would expect from a CIA op

lmao exactly

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

You're crazy and dumb.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

loving lol this is how you decide poo poo smdh

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1224698303738253312?s=19

I assume it is just gross incompetence but wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to take advantage of it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The CIA got Rush with an exploding cigar.

Wake up, sheeple.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
It's only crazy if you're the kind of nerd who still believes poo poo like evidence and witnesses matter

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's only crazy if you're the kind of nerd who still believes poo poo like evidence and witnesses matter

Clearly you're not Senator material.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

You're definitely not crazy, then.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

That Works posted:

Clearly you're not Senator material.

The senate proceedings the past few weeks inform my attitude. An event doesn't have to he interpreted through a lens of collective reality or even have happened in one to matter. The real criminals in the Ukraine affair were Vice President Biden and his cool stripper banging son, and the real winner in Iowa last night was President Trump with an assist from Mayor Buttigieg.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Mayor Pete gets his campaign security from Patriot Group and is the personal favorite of leadership in the company that made Votr or whatever. He once took a vacation, for 24 hours, to Somaliland, where he met with local officials and then published a call for increased involvement in democracy in the region.

I made my comments half joking, and I am legit crazy irl, but Pete Buttigieg up to no good and you can't change my mind

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Ken Bone go back to the human submarine posts.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1224605721217515520?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If Pete were CIA do you think he'd be able to not tell everyone all the time that he was CIA?

I wasn't particularly fond of him already due to his corporate stooge and resume builder qualities, but this latest poo poo is really weaselly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Pete has clarified now that he wasn’t declaring himself the winner but rather that his victory proclamation was just that they beat the polls and he got second instead of third.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pete has clarified now that he wasn’t declaring himself the winner but rather that his victory proclamation was just that they beat the polls and he got second instead of third.
Yeah sure, gently caress him. In the age of near instant communication it took many hours to clear that up.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1224550106462138368

Trump really is at his best when hes commenting on US national elections.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The really funny thing is that even if loving up the results was some kind of CIA op by Pete, it backfired spectacularly. Placing second in Iowa could have given a much-needed momentum bump to help carry him through the next three contests where he's going to get utterly shellacked, before limping forward to a Super Tuesday where he's very likely to get utterly blown out and needs all the help he can get. Now, the news is entirely about the app loving up, and when people are talking about Pete it's in the context of either A) his spectacularly shady connections to the company that made said app, and B) embarrassing himself by declaring victory with zero results.

imo, his goose is cooked.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

That Works posted:

What the absolute gently caress

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

This is how the caucus system works. It's stupid. Pete got 3 votes and the fourth was distributed according to coinflip because the other two tied.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If this singlehandedly kills the Iowa caucus, which it's looking like it will, then it may very well have been worth it.

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

The precinct has 8 total delegates, but rounding each result to the nearest whole only got them a total 7, so the extra delegate goes to the one who has the highest decimal portion below .5 (because otherwise it would've already been rounded up) - So if for example Warren had 2.4, the extra delegate would have gone to her.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i know that meg slay lady irl.

weird. or maybe not, she is very active politically and online.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Colonel Taint posted:

The precinct has 8 total delegates, but rounding each result to the nearest whole only got them a total 7, so the extra delegate goes to the one who has the highest decimal portion below .5 (because otherwise it would've already been rounded up) - So if for example Warren had 2.4, the extra delegate would have gone to her.

Or that. Sorry, I thought it was a coinflip situation. Caucuses are stupid regardless, but yeah everyone flipping out over that photo doesn't understand just how dumb the system is.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Let's just hold the election on NextDoor

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The really funny thing is that even if loving up the results was some kind of CIA op by Pete, it backfired spectacularly. Placing second in Iowa could have given a much-needed momentum bump to help carry him through the next three contests where he's going to get utterly shellacked, before limping forward to a Super Tuesday where he's very likely to get utterly blown out and needs all the help he can get. Now, the news is entirely about the app loving up, and when people are talking about Pete it's in the context of either A) his spectacularly shady connections to the company that made said app, and B) embarrassing himself by declaring victory with zero results.

imo, his goose is cooked.

This just makes me think he's a CIA op even more.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Madurai posted:

Let's just hold the election on NextDoor

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1221921772884201472?s=20

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

BigDave posted:

This just makes me think he's a CIA op even more.

Is a CIA op still still better than trump?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Theyre probably more trustworthy and loyal to the country so maybe? It depends on who would do less crimes

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Stravag posted:

It depends on who would execute crimes more discretely

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

That Works posted:

At least those common core math problems will finally come in handy

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Suicide Watch posted:

At least those common core math problems will finally come in handy

:golfclap:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Thread yesterday: Who even cares much about Iowan caucus-goers?

Thread today: CIA/DNC joint op?!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Tesla also went over $900 a share, so I feel like we're most of the way to an actual portal to hell opening and getting to live out doom eternal in real life.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Thread yesterday: Who even cares much about Iowan caucus-goers?

Thread today: CIA/DNC joint op?!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

fknlo posted:

Tesla also went over $900 a share, so I feel like we're most of the way to an actual portal to hell opening and getting to live out doom eternal in real life.

What the gently caress $240 to $900 in the course of a year