Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 6

Quidditch Pitch
Eustace hits the ground hard despite the snowpile, the wind seemingly knocked out of him. As he staggers to his feet, glaring at Gwen, the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team arrives. Noticing the trouble brewing, they seem perfectly content - amused, even - to watch the two Slytherins feud with one another.

Senna – Does it seem like Gwen is handling things well, or is she being too mean? What do you think of Mag's soothsaying, anyways - you can't REALLY be doomed, can you? Melanie is practically on top of you as Eustace and Gwen prepare to square off, she's clearly desperately worried something bad is going to happen. What do you do?

Jacob – "Stay out of this, Mudblood." Eustace spits at you, then returns his attention to Gwen. What a bastard. You're not just going to take that, are you? What would Maggie think if you did? What do you do?

MagsYou see... the pair of you, in an empty corridor, and she's facing you. Grabbing you by the shoulders, Gwen practically screams in your face. "Tell me I'm pretty. That you like my red hair. Yes. Compliment my passion! It's pretty simple!" She shakes you some for emphasis, and your head's still swimming as you snap out of it. What do you make of that remarkably helpful vision? Could it be that you're destined to get together? What do you do?

Gwen – Eustace is not happy. The big student looks as if he'd be punching you in the face... if there weren't so many people clearly on your side right behind you. Despite your numerical advantage, he's still not backing down entirely though. "I'll apologize to her, even get her a new potion's set... if YOU apologize to ME first." He sneers at you, wand at the ready in case you try any funny business. "For hitting me when I wasn't looking." What do you do?

First Floor Corridor
Lee and Cana – Legate doesn't seem entirely interested in accompanying you two into the blizzard, and interfering with Quidditch practice the day before you play seems to be too mean even for her. "Very well, both of you come see me in my office when it's over." She departs swiftly, as if she's won, and you're both free to meetup with the rest of the team! (You can head outside, into the mess. In addition to the PCs outside there's Eustace and the rest of the Gryffindor team.)

Zach – Your sneaking mission continues successfully, and you're free to follow after the Gryffindors - or Professor Legate - if you'd like. What do you do? (You can head outside, into the mess. In addition to the PCs outside there's Eustace and the rest of the Gryffindor team.)

Garden
Erhard – Well, looks like you've had an interesting day. What do you make of what just happened? Victoria's asleep next to you, having apparently drifted off a bit ago. What does she ask you in her sleep that frightens you? What are you going to do now?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Tempting Fate, Irresponsible, Doomed

I followed meekly behind the herd, approaching the pitch. Gwen is so intense today! It's intimidating but also a little hot! I gently squeeze Melanie's elbow, "Everything is going to be o--oh my God!" Gwen just ripped Eustace out of the sky! I start hurrying over, are they going to fight? I overhear that this is about his bullying and messing with someone's potions set and I glare at him. I didn’t like bullies. He acts like he's the injured party and I can't deny he's not an injured party, that landing didn’t look comfortable. He demands Gwen apologize to him and I am now throwing my arms around Gwen and trying to pull her away. In a mood like this she's likely to hurt him for that. I nuzzle at Gwen trying to calm her down as I entreat Eustace. "You know this really isn't going to work out for you, everyone already thinks you're a mean bully. Do you want 'beat up by Gwendydd' added to that reputation tough guy? Maybe if you were a little nice and handled this potions set thing maturely people would think better of you? I think it's in your best interests to reconsider."

[Manipulating Eustace From the Heart as a Know-It-All
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 9+2 = 11 +3 from tagging a condition and speaking from the heart makes that a 14 .
Not getting his rear end kicked is plenty motivation.
]

I squeeze Gwen tightly as I speak to him, pressing my body close to hers. Part of it was to restrain her but part of it was that I remembered quite vividly our encounter outside the infirmary and I kind of wanted that contact again.

[Rolling to Turn On Gwen!
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 3+2 = 5 tagging Temperamental and spending a string to make that a 7.
Promise / Self / String?
]

Jenner fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 10, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +1, Cold +1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Quidditch Field| Conditions: Temperamental.
DARKEST SELF

Eustace demands that I apologize I! I am of half a mind to back hand the little man, to show his ego what I think of him, to make a show of how I do not care if it is his front or his back that I hit. But no, Senna is suddenly with us - when did she even join us, why did she even join us, she already showed me what she thought of me, and I didn't need her butting in. It was too late to tell her that now, though, and she suddenly clung onto me, putting herself between Eustace and I.

Stringing you along

Not that it would stop me, even though her hair smelled nice and she made me look so much less intimidating by clinging on to me - my wand hand was still free, and I could still speak for myself, "You seem confused, Eustace - this isn't a negotiation. You were given a chance to apologize for taking away something someone cares about, with no harm! And now you won't be. Infernis." I didn't shout the spell, I clearly enunciated it as I stated right at Eustace - and as my wand pointed to his broom, gouts of flame lighting it on fire, "So now you're going to apologize and be out of tomorrow's match, instead of just needing to apologize."

Lashing out to destroy broom in FIRE.
(KittyPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittenPhone, 6+1 = 7
Will go into darkester self

"Luckily I already registered the forms needed to join, so... You will not be missed tomorrow. I'll make sure to win for us, though~." I smirked smugly at him, Senna still in my arms.

[i]Manipulate with violence
(KittyPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittyPhone, 8+1 = 9[
Should have been +2 since it furthers her goal in a competition, for a 10./I]

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 10, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Best Friend

I snapped out of my vision, and the way forward was clear: flatter every single thing about Gwen and make her feel important - how that would convince her my abilities were accurate so I could properly guide her was...beyond me, but I didn't question fate, I just followed it.

Of course, Senna was already all over her. As always, cutting me off from the path I needed to go down. Either ignoring my words or preventing me from enacting my own actions. It felt like I was being hedged out, stuck again, with Jacob waiting on one side and no way forward on the other.

But, at least for now, I wasn't being compelled. I could choose. Thankfully.

So I turned and started off in the other direction, away from the Quidditch Field as I threw up my hands. I wasn't going to try and explain myself to any of them - not that they'd care or heed anything I said, anyway. I'd go back to the commons and study. I had a Potions exam coming up and I wasn't sure I'd get it right without going over it again. I'd given them their warnings - if they ignored them the disaster was on their heads, not mine.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 10, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 5/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Senna Avener

"Right Professor." I grin at Lee as we head out into the fury of the snowstorm. "Wonder what that was about." We don't have much time to talk though, because suddenly a flash of light and the glow of a fire illuminates the blizzard. "What the hell? Come on!" I start running through the snow. If someone was attacking my team!! I whip my wand out as I go, passing a few feet away from someone else heading this way in the snow -the scent is Mags, she wouldn't be doing something like this and I don't have time to ask- until I get close enough to see what the hell is going on.

Eustace... is for some reason on the pitch, next to the burning remains of a broom, and Gwen is looking smug as gently caress with her wand out and has Senna clinging to her! I let out a growl and stalk forward. "Senna, come here! Eustace, If you hurt my girlfriend..." I let the unspoken threat hang in the air.

shut down Eustace
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6 = 6
thats with +1 for protecting Senna :v:
But I mark experience and advance. I'll take My Gang - Cana's Quidditch Team

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Quidditch Field| Conditions: Temperamental.
DARKEST SELF

Suddenly there's a growling demand behind me, centered on the person clinging to me, and I just can't sit here even with Eustace looking like he wants to get right in my face, "Look, I know you think you're some alpha bitch, but don't act like Senna's on some kind of leash and has to come when you command it. I'm sure she'd be happy to come talk to you if you asked, unless you need the attention that bad, this instant."

Shut Down Cana
(KittyPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittyPhone, 9+1 = 10
Applying condition Alpha Bitch

"Besides, do you really believe I would allow Senna to be hurt? Honestly, the safest place she could be is likely right next to me." I gave her a hug with one of my arms, squeezing her side just a tiny bit, my wand hand still free and pointed towards the direction of the bully I'd just dealt with, who was so angry he looked as if he may melt the snow around us with pure rage.

Turn on Senna
22:08 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
22:08 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 10+2 = 12

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Tempting Fate, Irresponsible, Doomed

"Gwen what are you doing?!" I was burrowed into her but now I wiggled away and put my hands on my hips. She was so infuriating! "Stop being such a bully!" I glared at her, puffing up my cheeks, hoping my disapproval would have some kind of effect on her. "I know Eustace is a jerk but you're better than this...aren't you?" I'd been so into her a short time ago but now I was thoroughly disenchanted. I audibly harumphed, "I won't be part of this. Eustace I'm sorry." As I finished my condemnation Cana arrived and called out to me. I kinda didn't like being bossed around but I was happy to see her. I was just about to stomp away when Gwen called out Cana for being bossy and offered me her protection as she hugged me to her. I hugged her back despite my anger, blast it why did she have to be so hot?! I breathe her in and speak sullenly "I'm still mad at you. You're being a meanie."

I look over at Cana, shyly smiling at her. "You called me your girlfriend..." I said in a small voice, toying with my hair. "I... I wasn't sure where we stood after..." I blushed deeply. "Are... are you sure you want me?" I felt a bit guilty. I had earlier almost made out with Gwen and Cana considered us girlfriends! I would have been cheating! I still felt bad because even as mean and nasty as Gwen was being right now I still wanted her. I took a deep breath and took a step away from Gwen, trailing my hand down her back despite myself. "I don't want to be bossed around." I say to Cana, holding my ground for now. I wanted to rush to get side but Gwen had a point and I needed to make a stand.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 0/4 XP: 3/5 Conditions : hostile, suspicious; threatened, gently caress-up, maniac.

Honeslty, Cana and Gwendydd are both acting really really drat obsessed with Senna. Like, self-destructively so. Starting to think Senna is at least above them in whatever loving piece of poo poo conspiracy is going on there. Maybe under some kind of charm or something? Anyway, having followed Cana, I give the situation a look.

"Senna don't look like she got a hair outta place, Cana. Calm yer tits." I look from the wand, to the angry looking Eustace, who looks pissed, with snow all over him, back to Gwynn who looks fine as rain. "Looks to me like he's not the one attacking this time. Now I got told I rush into things a bit quick, right? So, what the gently caress is going on here? Whose broom is that being right hosed out there?"

Hearing Senna's side of the story (what was she playing at?) makes it all the more clear. "So, just so I get a good view of it. Gwynnie here was loving with Eustace and burned his loving broom, the broom of her own House's team, to impress Senna here. Senna who's been playing two at the same time? Shite, looks like all the best drama's on the Quidditch field here. Daily Mirror'd get a field day, I can tell ya."

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 12, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Experience 0/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Likes to be Petted, Doomed, Alpha Bitch

I wasn't bossing or ordering anyone around! That was obviously me expressing my concern and wanting to make sure she was alright! I bristle at Gwen's words, but.... Senna... agrees with her?? And then before I can really think about that either, Lee points out that she's unhurt, and lays the situation out. I want to be mad at him as well, but.... its pretty obvious he was right, I was leaping to conclusions. He isn't totally right, obviously Senna would never be trying to lead us both on. Also I have no idea what hes talking about with the daily mail. Why would the morning owls be interested in this?

The rest of the team doesn't seem to happy about all this, but hopefully I can avoid them getting more riled up by defusing things a little. I want them to save that energy for tomorrows match. Besides, they should be happy to watch two Slytherins go at it. "You're right, got ahead of myself Lee." Then I turn to look at Senna, and smile. "I didn't mean to be bossing you Senna. I was worried you'd be injured and wanted to make sure you were alright, but obviously I was jumping to conclusions." I half raise a hand, holding it out to her in an as non-aggressive manner as I can, to indicated I'd like her to come to me, but its entirely her choice. Which it is. As long as she does. Because this calm isn't going to last much longer if she doesn't stop hugging Gwen like that, when Teague is so obviously trying to steal her. "Of course I still want you. You know how I feel, I told you didn't I?" I showed you. I put as much of my love and lust for her into my smile as I can, my eyes shining with the feral desires. Come to me Senna.

<godfish> turn on Senna
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+2 = 11

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Erhard's Secret Garden | Conditions:

Today had gone unexpectedly, I thought. If I did sleep, I imagine I would have felt like it, but instead it was like I had taken a relaxing shower, or was cleansed of all the frustrations of the world. Victoria was sleeping next to me, obviously satisfied, and I suppose in her sleep sated enough. I had never taken the time to look into her human desires, to my eyes, I was too busy seeing the entire string events leading up to and going away from the present, the human point of view was so limiting. Our dalliance had a singular effect of bringing us closer, but I felt further from her than ever at the same moment.

She could take a moment to just shut down and sleep and dream, but I would never dream. Instead the mission, the goal, the service was always key in my mind, and I felt like I had refocused my efforts. My mind was filled with memories of watching the universe grow and change for billions of years, and yet, during, I had been completely focused on one person, and myself. That was a new experience and in some ways humbling, it was hard to see the trees when you can't even make out the forest. I was in a different planet compared to her, but for that brief moment, we connected on a more basic level.

Standing and dressing, I stopped to create a note from a leaf, detailing that I was going to go and work on my problem, but I would return later. I even put a little note to the side that I loved her, which I have to admit was out of character for me. Kneeling down to slip the note by her face, I decided to pet her head, and she smiled with a warmth and comfort I had not known before. "You should see the seer about your problems. Everyone in the House does. They say she is the real thing." Victoria muttered, she must have been dreaming of my vain attempts to get her to stop that had lasted till maybe the third kiss.

The Seer, I knew her, and I had avoided her. She could see the fabric and the folds, but I didn't want to be seen as a manipulator of it. I was getting up to leave, my shoes on and making odd sounds in the soft moss that acted for carpet in the room. When Victoria said clearly, "When are you coming home? I want you home." Before rolling over and snuggling into the blank that now covered her.

My blood froze, and I looked at her as if she had spat at me because for just a second, I had realized that I considered this world home. The idea was daunting and rather ominous, would I forget everything? Would this become my home? Would I become a mortal? The idea seemed almost like dumping me in ice water. I never thought of myself as mortal and it was easy not too, I didn't really think like them, my concerned rarely matched their own. What if I did? Would I become as flawed as them?

Fick mich I thought to myself bitterly, and instead decide I would focus on my mission. I had reached a point where I needed information, and it was clear there were many blockades toward the lowest dungeon in the tower, I was going to have to see Maggie the Seer. It felt like admitting a failing, but I decided that the Creator had decided I needed humility, I would have to go to his servant, however much that bit into my pride.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 12, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot +1x | Cold -1x | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions:

I reel back as if struck. I haven't actually been called... that since I've been here! For a moment, I just stare, shocked as everyone else just goes on about their business like it didn't happen.

Then, Gwen lights the rear end in a top hat's broom on fire. Serves him right. After Lee lays out his understanding of events, I add, "You left out the part where Eustace was a complete rear end in a top hat to Melanie and me, but otherwise yeah. Honestly, I can't say that I'm all too broken up over his stupid broom."

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Tempting Fate, Irresponsible, Doomed

I smiled at Cana's words and nodded. "I'm glad." I say and step further away from Gwen towards Cana as Lee accuses me of playing them both. "Lee! Don't be silly they're both my friends!" I turn back to Gwen, was I really leading them on? I have to admit it felt good to feel wanted by both. "If you're really gonna play Quiddich, Gwen, you should practice some." I brush back my hair "I promised I'd root for Gryffindor but I want you to be careful. Quiddich is dangerous! I'll come by and wish you good luck later, okay? Please stop being so mean."

I look to Jacob as I walk. "Yes this all could have been avoided if Eustace wasn't such a jerk." I say, agreeing with Jacob. It was a little victim blaming right now and I really shouldn't be making excuses for Gwen but Eustace did have this coming. With that said I make my way to Cana's side and shyly take her hand in mine. "I've never been somebody's girlfriend before..." I squeeze her hand. "You'll be careful too right? I don't want you hurt and I know how much your houses quarrel." I arch up onto my tip toes and nuzzle Cana, breathing in her scent. It was familiar and my heart stirred at it. "If anything happens to either of you I might cry!" I announce loudly. I kiss Cana's jawline and whisper in her ear, "I missed you."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1 Cold: +2Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 4/5, Location: A corridor Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive, One of Us

I opted to follow the students. I mean there was always a possibility Legate could see through my spell. But what were the odds my fellow students could. I guess lower so it should at least be safer. As such I had a perfect view of the would be wizard brawl. Interesting. Were Gwen and Cana really fighting over Senna? I mean yeah she's pretty and all but fighting with each other? seems a bit over the top to me. Still there's a chance I can use this. Perhaps I could find a way to use this to my advantage. Wait oh crap my spells starting to wear off I better back away quickly before it goes completely. I mean I wasn't doing anything wrong... exactly but people are so unreasonable about being spied upon.

[16:10] Ferrosol run snakeman run!
[16:10] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[16:10] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2-1 = 1
[16:10] Ferrosol hah
[16:10] TheNabster loving
[16:10] Ferrosol zach strikes again
[16:10] TheNabster Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekt

hard move me!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 0/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions : hostile, suspicious; threatened, gently caress-up, maniac.

"Oh, he's doing that then? Well, normally, I'd give you the same lesson Markus got, Eustace, mate, but I figure ye've paid your dues, already, right?" I look at the burned broom. "So good on Gwynnie I guess." I look at Jacob. "Hey, Jacob, you tell me if he gives you shite for it, alright? I honestly don't touch a bloke's broom, but I'll give him a bit of a thumping if he don't learn from this."

Then, Senna gives her answer, and immediately moves from humping Gwenn to humping Cana. And now, my good humour is fading. I'm starting to get pissed. "Pull the loving other one, Senna, it's got bells on it. The way you're hanging over Cana and Gwenn here is the stuff of fourth year wankfodder, and they sure as hell seem to think they're more than 'just friends' with you. It's loving disgraceful, and it's loving hurtful to everyone! You tell them both where they stand! Whether you're together with one of them or none of them! So one can stop trying to prove poo poo, and the other one can have themselves a good sob and start looking elsewhere! Cuz right now, you're hurting both of them and everyone around them! You're loving playing with people's hearts here, and it's wrong. Only game supposed to be played here is goddamn Quidditch."

Shut down Senna with mixed priorities: 2d6 5 mark xp Also, using one Integrity with A Better Person to offer Senna an experience to make a choice between Gwenn and Cana. If she does, and a third person is made happier at noone's expense, I mark xp. I'll leave it to Rauri if getting a 'no' instead of being 'in limbo' counts as suffering an expense.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 12, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 6

Quidditch Pitch Crew - This just isn't Eustace's day. Not really seeing any options or ways to save either his pride or broom, for one brief moment it looks almost like he's going to spitefully hex the whole lot of you "Fine, I'll buy her a new set or whatever - but you owe me a new broom." Fists shaking with rage though, he stuffs his wand back into his pocket and storms off, mumbling some ominous and profane threats as he does... The snow seems to be clearing up some, and the entire Gryffindor Quidditch team is here. Alex has been summoning snowballs to pepper Max when he's not looking, Brittany had her wand out the ready in case Eustace (or Gwenn) did anything dumb, and Martin just looks bored and angry.

Everyone present also gets to enjoy Zach slipping on the frosty stone path in a truly dramatic fashion, his hiding spot and spell ending just in time for him to hit a patch of ice in his efforts to get away. It's pretty hard to not laugh at. (Zach takes 1 Harm).

Melanie, who was the cause for pretty much all of this, seems to have fled during the bullying proceedings. The Pitch is reserved for Gryffindor at the moment, so... what's everyone doing here, now that Eustace (and Zach) have been pretty thoroughly humiliated?

Cana, who's the 7th member of the Gryffindor team? Also your hard move is banked, for the moment...

Hall of Empty Portraits
Mags - You make your way out of the swirling snows and into the halls of Hogwarts, alone with your thoughts and visions. The corridors seem to be totally empty, the lights dimmer somehow, and you feel almost totally alone. It's been a depressing day, and even more so due to your classmates stubborn insistence to heed your warnings. As you make it closer to the Ravenclaw common room, you feel an eerie sense of deju vu as you round the corner, entering a corridor that you've never been in before. The place is lined to its high ceilings with hundreds of picture frames, though there's no artwork to be seen in any of them. A few torches blaze along the wall, casting the entire place with an eerie glow. Opposite you, entering from the other direction, is Erhard - but you can see now that Erhard's more than he's pretended to be. What sign do you notice that betrays his angelic nature? Why do you think you are here? What do you do?

Erhard – Following your would-be-girlfriend's unconscious advice to look for Margot, you've made your way closer to the Ravenclaw dormitories, but now find yourself hopelessly lost. Maybe you took a wrong turn back at those moving stairs? The architecture starts to disturb you a lit, actually. It feels like memories of home - your heavenly home - and yet its nonetheless unpleasant. Like it doesn't belong, doesn't really fit in a place like this. Finding yourself in some sort of hall of judgement, a choir of invisible eyes staring at you behind portraits invisible, you seem to be joined in this strange place by the very person you were looking for. What questions do you have for her?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Best Friend

Honestly, I wasn't entirely sure why everyone called this the hall of empty portraits...every single one of these picture frames had vibrant portraits in them - so many things, showing parts of Hogwart's past and present and future. I had never been here before but...in a way, I suppose I had, at least it felt that way. Perhaps this room was somehow a tie to Destiny, a...reflection of it or a foci, of some sort. I suppose that would make sense...and why regular people, even wizards, wouldn't see anything.

Perhaps I was just as empty as the picture frames, to them. A pretty presentation but no substance, no content. Because they couldn't see...or they didn't want to.

It was interesting, I was...following myself, seeing the portraits that had apparently been painted of me walking through the hallway, looking at the portraits of me walking, etc. etc. unto infinity. I normally...couldn't forecast myself, but then I wasn't really doing the forecasting. It was different, the work of a different hand, a different instrument. And the hallway that seemed relatively brief when I stepped into it now yawned like an endless chasm. I suppose it could be, as long as I kept looking at the portraits.

But, ah, here was Erhard coming from the other direction. Just as was painted. And...just like in the painting, in the dim light I could see him...like how he really was. The echoes of wings, torn away from him. A halo, tarnished. "You used to be so bright...eminent, weren't you?" I slowly smile as I turn to face him. "And then...cast down. Made into one of us..." I had no way of knowing if he could see me like how I was, really. But in case he could, I added "...into one of them. Humanity. How does it feel, being so...confined? Knowing your function, but unable to fulfill it? I'll wager it's...painful." It was for me, anyway. "Can you see it? The paintings? Or are they empty for you as well?" I pause, standing still as he approaches. "I think...this meeting here, was ordained. So tell me why it is that we are supposed to be here, fallen one. What have you come here for, anyway?" My smile wasn't as warm as it could be, perhaps. But after all, whatever he had done to lose his...true nature, he was Slytherin, and deserved or not, that House did have a reputation for underhandedness. "What do you seek?"

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Lee calls me out and a cringe at his accusations. They did both want me but I wanted both of them too. Now Cana was considering me her girlfriend so it's almost like the decision was made for me and I felt trapped. Cut off from a relationship with Gwendydd. If only I could have them both! I hide behind Cana, squeezing her tight and guilt riddles at me. I should choose! But I didn’t want to choose and felt terrible for it. I release Cana, I take a few halting steps back towards Gwen. I was burdened by choice. Didn't I love Cana? Hadn't we slept together? Didn't that make us serious? It seemed I had already made my choice and yet looking at Gwen now, fiery and vicious, she was so attractive.

I lick my lips, I must be visibly torn. "I... I..." I hug myself, tears leap to my eyes. "I'm sorry! I can't!"

[Turning down the XP by refusing to choose.
And rolling to Run Away!
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 10+1 = 11
The one time I want to roll a partial success! :argh:
]

I wheel away from them all, audibly crying, and run away blindly into the halls heedless of my destination.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I wince as Lee lays into Senna, and she runs off crying. I mean, he's not wrong... but... talk about harsh! Melanie's run off, too. At least Maggie isn't here anymore... I briefly think about going after Senna or Melanie. But, honestly? I'm way too emotionally exhausted to try and comfort someone else. And no one else is moving either. Everyone's just staring at each other when Zach slips on the path and breaks the silence.

Whew. That was really getting uncomfortable. Hopefully, changing the subject wouldn't be too gauche, so I cough and say, "Um... so... Lee? You're playing Quiddich now? That's cool." I know, I know. It's crazy dangerous, but at least no one pretends it isn't. And it's so much fun to watch!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 22, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm: 0/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions : hostile, suspicious; threatened, gently caress-up, maniac.

I fold my arms and glare. Well, at least I got poo poo out in the open. Here's hoping Cana doesn't shoot the messenger. Zach's fall makes me look, and I call out. "You okay, Z-man?" That looked like a pretty bad fall.

Jacob comes talk to me, and I suppress any jealousy that's rising. I don't have the right. Margot's free to pick anyone she wants. And he's a good guy. She's just making the smart choices. I shrug. "Eh, just for the next match. With football practice, I won't have time to do a lot of it, but I owe Cana here. It's not too bad, right? Mostly seems like a game of 'gently caress with the Seeker' if you ask me." I give him a look. "Should come and play sometimes, Jacob. No magic or brooms, just two times five and the ball."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hall of Empty Portraits | Conditions:

Well, this was just great. Nothing like another heavenly choir to look down on me, when my service spoke for itself. I had been the most loyal, unwavering guardian, and yet, still they had looked at me with scorn. While to others there would be nothing in them, for me it was something different, it was a mish mash of images that overlaid each other, and beyond that was another choir staring at me searching me. I puffed out my chest instinctively after all, I had been there at the fall and struck back as much as any could expect of me. I had been a wall through which none of the idolatry of the self could penetrate.

Ah there was Margot, and before I could open my mouth, ready to ask about the investigation the task that I was on. I felt much more focused than before, it seemed that something had changed in me a bit for some reason. Margot, however surprised me and I wondered if the holy fire had enveloped me as my true self had. Checking, I did not see a wreath of flames composed of pure holy wrath and I seemed to relax. Margot was not seeing, she was seeing and that relaxed me, that is exactly what I needed at the moment.

I simply nodded, "Brighter than a flame, and it is painful for a time. I was made to protect and bare what could not be bared." I said feeling a moment the light in my eyes changing into a lights of pure light. "The most is the mist of the sight, to have things hidden from my view, is frustrating." I said honestly, a small shrug and my hand slicked my ruffled hair back a bit. This was not how I expected this conversation to go at all.

"The paintings are full of everything past, future, present, all at once, behind the noise are the Choir of Watchers." I looked at Margot and rubbed my chin, thinking that she was correct about this being ordained. "Yes, I think it was meant to be. It makes sense it would come down to us, I've been avoiding you because I thought you would see my string is not normal in the web of life." I said blushing slightly after admitting it, it seemed odd thing to do, but fury is hard to cleanse.

"I came here to seek you, to ask you some questions. The lives of innocents are at stake, and my gambit in under the tavern was unsuccessful. I had hoped to infuse The Creator into the place and see best how to defeat them, but the choice obviously was not mine." My shoulders drooped, it had seemed like the perfect plan, and the smell of sweetness was supposed to illuminate, but instead it had just been a momentary brightness. "Can you see where I will find the feathers, I assume phoenix feathers? Also do you know how to breach the defenses of the dungeon under the towers." It was a bit hard to swallow my pride to admit too, but this was more important than me.

"We have to find a way to stop what is coming, can't you feel it? Humanity deserves a second chance." I admitted as I stepped forward closer.

Turn on with Forgiveness
2d6+3: 11 [2d6=3, 5]
Taking a String

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 1/4, XP: 4/5, Location: A corridor Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive,

Does nothing ever go right for me I just wanted nothing more than to coil up somewhere warm and forget about everything. I didn't even learn anything useful. Apart from the fact that there is apparently a love triangle between Gwen Senna and Cana. Hmm maybe I could find a way to use that. If I could turn Gwen publicly against Cana that might help embarrass her in public . Clearly Senna would be the lever but how could I best approach her I mean I know we were fellow hufflepuff's so she might trust me that way. But there might be something else I could do to approach her. I thought glowering at the patch of ice I'd managed to slip on.

[22:49] Ferrosol gaze about senna
[22:49] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:49] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
[22:49] Ferrosol rip
tagging doomed and taking the visions are confusing and alarming

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I take a step back as he takes a step forward. The paintings reciprocated my movement. I wasn't scared but...even Fallen, he was...intense. Driven.

And mistaken. I square my shoulders, and I shake my head. "You're right, humanity deserves a second chance. I know who saves this place...and it isn't you." I shrugged. "It isn't me either, coincidentally, if you think this is about ego. You may have forgotten your purpose, but the world is for Humans, not for Angels, even those who've lost their Grace." I incline my head to one side, considering. "Yours is to guide them, to inspire them subtly, as it has always been, even if you have forgotten how."

I pause, considering. I was preparing to give him a...something, but I wanted him to understand, first. "Did you ever stop to consider how it is you ended up with House Slytherin, the House of the Serpent? The symbol of the Morningstar, Erhard Weiss. Arrogance was his flaw, is Slytherin's flaw, too - do not let it be yours. You must accept your own humility. It is for mankind to solve this issue, and I cannot hand the keys to you."

I didn't close my eyes, this time, though they throbbed when I invoked a vision and darkened as my pupils dilated beyond that which was normal. It would be quite the sight on it's own, but with the strange echo my voice took on - amplified by the portraits all speaking with my voice, as well, it would be pretty eerie, I'd imagine.

Of course, for me it felt perfectly natural. "Erhard Weiss, the feathers you seek trail behind you! The path you walk leads you further from Grace. It is not too late for you to make amends for your sins. Turn back! Seek absolution, cleanse yourself! A broken instrument cannot repair the world anymore than it can repair itself! You must be healed before you can be of use to others."

Gonna Cassandra my prophecy, here!

(MobileWorser) Cassandratime
(MobileWorser) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) MobileWorser, 6+1 = 7
(MobileWorser) Cassandratime

Okay, so, I'm going to give Erhard the condition 'Doomed'. In response, Erhard gets to choose

-Take a string on me
-Give me a condition
-Take +1 forward to avoid this fate.

If you fail to avoid your DOOM, you get an XP and I get a string on you. Otherwise, if you avoid it you get a string on me.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Leaving Quidditch Field| Conditions: Temperamental.
DARKEST SELF

Hold Steady vs Lee
14:40 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
14:40 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+1 = 7

"Nice friend you got there, Cana. Really love how you let him make people you care for cry." I turned up my nose, as I began to move off from the crowd, and out of the blizzard. I had already made my point, and the foundation was laid at this point, why would I need anything else tonight? No, I had only to wait for these small seeds to grow, and soon I'd no longer need to even feel like I am competing - really. Cana and her team could practice as much as they wanted - like it would make a difference, with my entry tomorrow. Oh, perhaps it was not the most glamorous of positions, but it was one I could definitely enjoy myself in.

They would probably never even know what hit them.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Good. Good. Everything is right with the world, and Senna is here at my side again, holding my hand, I pull her in closer, hugging her tight to me as she nuzzles against me. If we didn’t have an audience, I’d go a lot further than that to show her how happy I am. Making a meaningless apology didn’t matter if it got Senna back where she belonged.

“Of course. Don’t worry about me, no one ever died from a Quidditch Injury.” Unlikely. But whatever. No one at Hogwarts, anyway. Senna kisses me, and whispers that she misses me, and I turn my head to give her nose a quick kiss, and whisper back, “I love you.

And then, Lee goes and ruins everything. He calls Senna out on how she’s been acting with Gwen, and I’m right with him, it’s been bullshit. Now that he’s put it out in the open, she’ll have to tell Gwen to gently caress off trying to steal her away from me, she just said we were girlfriends. So I’m not worried at all, until Senna steps away from me. Looking at Gwen.

She’s going to let her down gently? That’s fine. It's not like I want to hurt Gwen about this, even if she did pick Senna basically as soon as I asked her out. And then she says she can’t choose. I stare at her. She can’t choose??? What the gently caress is that bullshit? Didn’t I ask her out? Didn’t she agree? Didn’t we go on a date, have sex, didn’t she JUST say we were girlfriends?!

It loving hurts. To know that all that apparently meant so little to her. That me loving her meant about as much as Gwen giving her fiery looks does. But before I can try to talk to her, she runs away, and now I’m hurt and loving pissed. She’s loving gone, and the snow is falling fast enough I won’t be able to see her tracks. poo poo. I’m not even sure who I’m the maddest at, her or myself. My blood is pounding in my ears, loud enough that I can't hear if anyone is talking. They are talking, I can see their lips move. But I don't care enough to try and figure it out. “Team. Air.” My voice is trembling with suppressed anger, and I’m breathing hard enough I can only get one word out per breath. “Now.” I mount my broom, blast the ball case open with my wand, and kick off hard, flying high, high up into the snowy sky, away from everyone else.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lee's probably not gonna kick off and leave just because Cana's having a snit, so I hang around and chat a little more. I say, "Honestly, I'm not exactly an expert. I know the beaters are supposed to make the seeker's life miserable, so it sounds like you got the right idea. As for playing... I'll think about it. Let me know next time you get some people together."

Actually, you know what? This is Lee. He's my friend, and he's always got his head on straight. I should talk to him about what happened, if only to get it out to a more sympathetic audience than Gwen.

I say, "Hey, before you fly off, you got a sec?" Assuming he doesn't have a problem with that, I start to vent a little, "Honestly? Today's sucked." I let out a little laugh at my own bluntness before I continue, "I had a date with Mags, right? We were at the teahouse in Hogsmeade and things were going great! Then some jackass Slytherin ruins the whole thing by dropping some stink bomb. I get lost and then attacked by that shadow thing that got loose during the last DADA class. I manage to find my way out of that whole mess, but guess what? She dumps me. Just out of nowhere." I give him a rueful smile and say, "Didn't even get a reason. Just 'There's no way I could understand her. It wasn't meant to be.'" I let out a long sigh and look at him, hoping to find at least a little commiseration as I ask, "Any ideas?"

I decide to leave out my latest hospital visit. Even now, I think it was a little pathetic to get so worked up over it, and I don't want Lee thinking I'm that much of a sadsack.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Cana takes off, and yeah, she's wicked furious. Can't blame her right? Well, better she find out now than later the kind of games Senna plays. Gwenn seems to blame me, but sod it, don't give a poo poo. She gets cheated on later, can't say she didn't get fair warning. Of course, she might be more involved in whatever Senna is up to than I thought. I'm grabbing my broom to go after her, when Jacob needs to talk to me.

Not gonna lie, it stings like a bitch when he talks about going out with Margot, and how we'll it went. It shouldn't sting, right? I should be happy for her that she had a good time. And I feel worse about being so selfish when Jacob tells me how she dumped him. Ugh... alright, I'll be up right with you, Cana, but I gotta look after this guy.

"Ah, shite, Jacob. That is some bullshit." I put a hand on his shoulder. "Look, I know Margot a bit, but I don't pretend to understand her. Or girls in general. I figure she's got her reasons, and at least she was honest with you, but there's not really any of those that are gonna make this not suck. What'll suck worse is spend time thinking about what it could have been. Here's what you need to know. You're a good guy, you're a good looking guy, and anyone'd be lucky to be with you." I drive the point home with some fingerpoking at his chest and a good look in his eyes.

Turn on Jacob: 2d6+1 5 Sad trombone

I let him go and look at the other players taking to the sky. "Anyway, I promised Cana I'd work hard for this match, so I should get on this. But after training, we'll go do something. Maybe some one on one footie. Good way to stop thinking about things."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hall of Empty Portraits | Conditions: Doomed

"Forgotten how? I do not inspire subtly, and never have, I am of the Choir of the Ophanim, the one that holds the throne without respite and unending vigilance against the dark. A Hayyot of the Merkabah itself, and I have always driven forward into the night before the very concept of you was imagined." I said a bit losing my temper a bit, I was suppose to sit back and let things happen, this is what I had asked the Creator themselves and had been sent down here for the very attempt itself. The pictures are filled the holy fire at least in my eyes as they pierce the void as the Creator own creation sprung forth.

"It is fine though, I will focus then on the task at hand of the tears of a phoenix, at least I can save the two as I have been commanded. I, however, will follow your advice and will submit to their advice and not interfere as the savior you speak of fumbles about in attempting to solve the larger the problem. The real issue is the source of the problem, and who is behind it, this savior of yours also going to deal with that? As always, I serve." I said the fire in my eyes starting to become more literal as I bristled that I would be the Morning Star. I had struck down many of their number without mercy, my own brothers, and fellow protectors with not a thought.

"My gaze will only fall upon only my mission then, but I cannot save the so called Dark Lord-" I spit at the implication, "- crosses my path. I am a soldier. The other things will be dealt with accordingly, and the purity of fire will cleanse the imperfections of this body and humanity as it should be done. Fire after all is what I am." I said, and looked down at my hand and for a moment I thought I saw the it composed of fire, twisted into its unnatural shape. It was obvious that fate had been dealt, so I would have to submit to the Creators directives more severely. It was time to become the perfect soldier or I would be left here and named along with the Morning Star, the very implication made my temper flare.

The Morning Star had been the one that caused the fall and ended the era of peace. I had fought his soldiers beside Micheal the Archangel as they fought brother to brother. I had never wavered and now this was the indignity that I was forced to endure, and had I not be a Hayyot, I might have not obeyed, but servitude is one thing I knew better than any other angel.

Taking: Take +1 forward to avoid this fate.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

The absurdity of the statement that Erhard existed before destiny itself was enough to make me laugh. As I hadn't shaken the vision I had opened myself to, the effect was a bit chilling, as three voices, multiplied by the multitude of voices coming from the portraits, made my derision a chorus.

"You asked for my advice, Erhard Weiss, because you could not see. Do not presume you know my nature, fallen one. You see only with mortal eyes, remember only with a mortal mind, and are thus unable to pronounce Truths or question those given to you." It was a taunt, yes, or rather, a chastisement. No one knew better than The Mother, to think otherwise was folly. I was quite sick of everyone thinking they knew better than I.

Shutting Erhard down

<LifeGetsWorser> on that note
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> yessss

Tagged Doomed for that +1, Trading conditions. Going to give Erhard "Blind"

I fluttered my eyes closed. It was symbolic, both of the end of my vision (and my pupils retracted back to their normal size too, which I could feel happening), and of my statement being the last I would make on the matter. When I opened them again I smiled, coldly. "Now, I believe that concludes our business, doesn't it?" My voice had become singular again, the portraits weren't echoing me, either. I did glance at them, and I saw myself walking around him and towards the door on the other end of the hallway - which was far easier to see now that I had played my part here. So I started doing that, holding my head up high.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 6
Sorry these took so long. RWT - need to talk to you in IRC, will edit a prompt in for you after that's accomplished.

The Great Hall
Senna- Hightailing it into the castle, you've managed to put some distance between you and the two girls that desperately seem to be demanding your affections. Making it towards the Great Hall, at least it seems to be a pleasant place to perhaps think for a while - there's some snacks available courtesy the house elves, and the whole place is relatively deserted with just a few small clusters of students speaking to themselves. Do you feel like speaking with anyone now, or would you rather be alone?

Zach - As you brood about both your icy pitftall and the surprisingly romantically-entangled Senna, a few things slowly become clear to you - symbols and ideas so sinister and ancient that for a moment you're reminded of your father. A woman that needs a friend and advice... and such a kind-seeming and cunning serpent that's all too willing to "help" her. It lies to her, and then watches as she's hurt - as others as hurt too. And it smiles, you smile - you nearly walk into the door! Stopping yourself and your musings short, you manage to avoid more slapstick and seem to have made it to the Great Hall. And what lucky - Senna's right there! Care to talk to her?

Entrance Hall
Mags - Leaving behind the angel as your business concludes, you walk through the door, out from the strange hallway... and into the Entrance Hall? It's as if you just walked in through the front doors, impossibly enough. You're once again not alone, though this time it feels less portentous - though perhaps more pleasant. Gwen seems to have been in the room already, walking to who knows where, and if you've wanted a moment alone with her, perhaps now's your chance?

Gwen - Taking your leave at the perfect moment (naturally), you make your way back into the increasingly frosted over castle. Senna will probably leave Cana soon, and then you'll crush her team in Quidditch. What's going to feel best about beating her? However, even your way back into the castle is fraught with sudden excitement. No sooner have you made it to the entrance hall than Maggie just sort of... appears, in front of the doors. It's not apparation, either, you're such a genius you'd be sure to know if it was. What do you make of it, and her? What do you do?

Outside the Library
Poor, sweet Jacob - You make it back inside, the cold and damp of the snow sticking to your clothes slowly starting to be fought off by the castle's warmth. Taking a circuitous route to avoid a particularly dangerous staircase, you're most of the way past the library when Peeves swoops out from behind a suit of armor, carefully holding what look like water balloons. Knowing him, there's no guarantee it's actually water in them. "Got a funny joke?" The ghost cackles, and it's hard to tell from his tone of voice if a funny joke would actually save you from a soaking or not. What do you do?

Erhard – No sooner are the two of you done speaking, the Seer's prophecy made, than you find yourself in another place that seems to remind you of home. That is, you've suddenly appeared outside the library (which is run by its all-seeing and wrathful librarian, Mrs. Spine) in a shadowy alcove. Just in time to spot Peeves start to harass Jacob, actually - looks like he's one wrong move away from getting water-ballooned. Does that actually matter to you, or are there more important tasks at hand?

Quidditch Pitch
Lee - For a while you're actually doing pretty well at practice. Definitely not as easy or fun as football, certainly, but at least you've improved over how good you used to be and it is to help out your house. As you're all practicing a play that Cana's insisted on, though, a chill wind seems to catch you from the north, blowing you suddenly off course - and leaving you on a colloision course with the stadium stands! What do you do? (You can try and Hold Steady to maintain control of your broom~)

Cana - The team starts to practice like you ordered them to, though some faster (and with more sympathetic looks) than others. Who on the team particularly seemed to pity you? Who didn't care at all? Regardless, practice is going as well as it can given the conditions, which seem to be improving, with the team actually outperforming your expectations in the snow and frost - until Lee catches a nasty downdraft. He's racing towards the stands right now, out of control! What do you do?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Leaving Quidditch Field| Conditions: Temperamental.
DARKEST SELF

I was on my way to the Prefect's bath to freshen up - and warm up, at that - ugh. I'd gotten what I wanted tonight, the plans were coming together well, but still - what kind of idiots go out in the snow to practice for a stupid game like Quidditch? I could scarcely understand it - I was freezing cold, my robe was soaked by the snow that had landed on me, and my socks inside of my boots were entirely soggy, making this whole trip an annoyance of the highest caliber. Spirits around me that was the worst feeling - and I just wanted to get to the baths as quickly as possible.

Only for M....Maggie? Gods, why was her name always so hard for me to remember, I swear - I remembered everything else I learned so easily - only for Mags to appear out of nowhere, looking lost, and confused as to how she got there. I could share the sentiment - it wasn't an apparation, there was none of the tell-tale twisting around her, she just... suddenly appeared, fully there, with no sign of anything she had caused. Odd - and lucky for her as well, seeing as the teachers were cracking down on suspected Apparaters currently, and I was the only one around.

I considered approaching her, but I was tired, cold, wet, and really, really done with all of that. So a twiddle of my fingers, waving her onwards was all that I gave, as I began a - slightly slower - walk towards the Prefect's bath.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Best Friend

In all honesty, that could have gone better. Once again someone who would rather ignore my portents - the stubborn ignorance of people was, as always, remarkable. And at Hogwarts, of all places! It was truly ridiculous! An Angel! At a university for wizards! I honestly was having a hard time comprehending how...bull-headed everyone was about even the idea of me being a seer, as if my words were just...suggestions!

Leaving the Hall of Empty Portraits was strange, because...well because I was in the Entrance Hall...somehow? But...when did...how...

And there was Gwendydd, suddenly. To say that such things weren't portentous simply because it was happening here and not in an overtly magical area was...disingenuous. After all, I had a vision about her, myself. Fair, it was something I requested, but, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I, out of anyone, wasn't about to disregard my own visions. And...I needed Gwen on my side for what was going to happen. She needed to be pointed in the right direction, and if anyone was stubborn and bull-headed...it was Gwendydd Teague.

So I inhaled sharply as she dismissively waved at me as she walked by and started after her. The confusion about how I got here would have to wait - I suppose I could take it as a fair fortune for placing me where I should be.

I vaguely power-walked to catch up and then matched my pace once I did so, offering a weak smile. I could read the uncertainty on her face about my name, so I lead with that. "H...hello Miss Teague." In all honesty, I wasn't sure if she preferred Gwen or Gwendydd, and there was no harm in addressing her formally, for now. "It's...it's Margot. Margot McClellan - I was just with you outside?" A weak smirk. "I just wanted to say I thought what you did out there was..." Well, a number of things but...flattery, remember flattery. "...amazing. How well you handled that bully and stood up for that girl it was...I applaud you. In fact, I can't help but notice how...vibrant you've been recently. If...you don't mind my saying so, that is." I pause, for the moment. I didn't want to lay it on too thick. "I...wonder if you wouldn't mind some company? Wherever it is you're headed..." Yes, I realize she waved me over in a way, but...a girl like this, obviously would prefer it if you still asked permission and didn't assume anything. Setting her off the wrong way would be just as disastrous as letting this chance go by. And I couldn't allow that now. No matter how flustered I seemed.

Trying to turn Gwen on, tagging Temperamental for +1

<LifeGetsWorser> ok, time to gently caress this whole thing up like an idiot
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> ...phew!

Self/promise/string from Gwen. Taking an xp for rolling Hot.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

XP: 5/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Leaving Quidditch Field| Conditions: Temperamental.
DARKEST SELF

Margot - margot, why had I not remembered that name, ugh, such a pain - and she was acting so stiff, and formal about it too - like I would not remember her, when I had literally spoken to her not an hour past - I can remember even the most banal of conversations for that long at least. Luckily, she quickly turned it around, and I did enjoy basking in the praises given to me by the poor girl. She was cute, at least, not as cute as I was, but I could see how someone would find her cute at least - Jacob wasn't completely insane to like her, at least, though from how he explained her dumping him, it didn't turn out particularly well.

That wasn't my problem though, I didn't care for Jacob or his love troubles - though when she asked to accompany me, I couldn't help but give a tiny chuckle, "I'm headed to the Prefect's bath, to warm up from the snow. If you'd like to do the same, I certainly wont report you for being a non-prefect in the bathing room." A flip of my hair, we were already nearly there, she definitely wouldn't have much time to decide.

Promising her something she wants - the ability to join her in the Prefect's bath, without gettign ratted on!"

Also Turning On, Tagging Overshadowed
14:46 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
14:46 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+2 = 8
String/Promise/Self?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 2, 2016

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Best Friend

Okay, so, I wasn't really expecting that sort of response. Honestly, I didn't think that...well...bathtime was on the table! I'm sure my raised eyebrow as we walked along didn't go unnoticed, either.

Look, the fact of the matter was, I needed Gwen to trust me in order for her to believe me so I could get her to do the thing she needed to do, right? So I didn't have time to feel bad about the implications of what could very well end up being a bit of an...intimate situation, now could I?

I swallowed, but then offered a small smile. "O...oh? You'd do that for me? How...how generous." I nodded slowly. I suppose the decision was made to a certain extent. Again, nothing NEEDED to happen in the Prefect's Baths, right? Just...some complimenting and...some sort of opening to get her on my good side.

Now, how I would go about doing that while so disarmed is frankly, beyond me. She wasn't particularly enthused about my prognosticating before, and I doubt that would change now. It couldn't ALL be flattery and compliments, right? Hmm...oh, but I suppose I'd come up with something. "I'd...be happy to accept." I nod again.

Going to promise right back, that she'll come to the bath and enjoy her time with Gwen

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

At this point, I just wanna get back to the dorms, change into something dry, and find something else to distract me. So, of course, Peeves decides that now's a perfect time to join in the fun and dump on me too.

When he asks for a joke, I just look up at him blankly. Today's been such a long day that I can't think of anything remotely funny. So, instead, I dart into the library. Surely Peeves wouldn't risk Mrs. Spine's wrath by throwing... whatever he's got in those things.

<Capfalcon> Run away from peeves
<KittyEmpress> gwen is being v. patriotic. Or house...triotic
<KittyEmpress> w/e
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 6-1 = 5
<KittyEmpress> owned
<Capfalcon> As if anything else could have happened.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold +1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Leaving Quidditch Field| Conditions: Temperamental.
DARKEST SELF

I was shaking my head at poor Margot's reaction to a simple bath - was she still not used to sharing baths, after all these years of Hogwarts? It was a boggle on her mind - why, she had been used to it by the second day of first year, for what reason would she have to hide or worry over this kind of thing? The only reason she liked the Prefect's bath was that the baths were larger, the water got hotter - and, well, it was a little known secret, but where the water of the common baths resisted charms for altering the water, the Prefect's bath had no such warding - a sign of trust to those who earned their status as Prefect. Now, the rules still stated one could not fill it with illicit substances that were against the rules - no alteration of it into a bath of wine, unfortunately.

Still, I pushed open the door into the prefect's bathroom, and allowed her inside - it was certainly nicer than the common bathrooms, these days - in no small part due to my family's contributions after I successfully became Prefect. I certainly didn't hesitate to begin removing my robe the second I stepped into the room, whether or not Margot was embarrassed. I did not wear a shirt, nor shorts or pants under it - a fact that I was rather cursing with how cold it was outside, but one that was consistent none the less. The emerald lingerie I wore was not for Margot to see, though I was not opposed - I had Enid deliver them just earlier this week, along with a few others, a... means of insurance, for encouraging Senna.

It was certainly not the kind of underwear approved of or sold in the school store, at least - it was far lacier, and with the meaning behind owning it blatantly obvious to anyone who looked. But it was inconsequential what others would think of it, and I moved towards the bath proper, turning the water on, as my wand tapped against the spout - "Altracious, aqua", the words were not said with force, it was just another spell, a simple day to day one, that made the bath smell of cinnamon, the scent of the altered water filling the bath, as I slipped out of my remaining clothes, though I struggled with the clip on the back of the bra, used to front-clips, "Margot, would you be a dear and get this for me?"

16:22 KittyPhone !r 2d6+3
16:22 Krysmbot KittyPhone, 4+3 = 7

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

All right, I'm getting the hang of this. I'll even admit, privately, to having a bit of fun when I'm not fighting with the goddamn broom, right? It's good just... forget about everything for a bit and just focus on nothing except the ball and the other players. As long as I don't try anything fancy with the broom, it's not going too bad, and I can make up my lack of speed and maneuverability by tactical acumen and raw strength. I can hit that ball, I can hit that ball wicked hard. (yeah, I know, it's not a 'ball', it's some other fruity name. Not even bothered.)

Of course, that's until some wind suddenly throws me of course and I'm suddenly going right for the bleachers. "Ah, gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, FUUUUUUUUCK" I don't really keep my cool, pulling like crazy at the broomhandle, and end up just going into a spin as I crash towards the stands.

Lee holding steady: 2d6-1 2

This is gonna suuuuuuck.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Oh...my..." I smiled a bit as we walked into the bath - it was definitely bigger, and nicer. Well, not surprised the Prefects chose not to bathe in the common bathhouses, then. "This is very ni...." I started as I spun to face her.

And she was already mostly out of her clothes. I averted my eyes, for a moment. "uh...nice." I could tell I was blushing, a bit, though maybe that would be seen as feeling flush from the steam escaping the bath water, which, I obviously noticed, Gwen had enchanted to make smell like cinnamon. It wasn't surprised she did that, mind you, I mused as I carefully, and a bit more bashfully, started to disrobe as well - I suppose she hadn't been wearing anything under her robe other than her undergarments, but I had a sweater and some leggings on (because it was the middle of winter).

Anyway, I wasn't surprised she had done something like that - kids born of wizards in a long line loved to use their spells for just about everything. I suppose that was the real difference between someone like her and someone like me - even though I always had the gift, the whole magic thing seemed more like a tool to someone like me, and...well...like breathing to someone like her. Reflex. I would say that gives her an advantage - but, really, not needing to rely on magic all the time was freeing, if you asked me.

Of course, my eyes snapped back over as she called my name and she...oh...my, those were definitely nice uhm....underclothes. Not like mine, just plain black things that I had stripped down to. But, she was asking for my help in unhooking her bra. Which...wait...was she...trying to do something here? My eyes widened a bit, but, like I said, I didn't want her to dislike me or...well...and she was quite the sight. I nodded quietly and stepped over, tucking an errant strand of hair behind my ear and stepped up behind her.

My plan was just to unhook the garment for her and step away because obviously I didn't want to be so presumptuous. That had been my plan. But, well, plans change right? Which is why I was helping her take it off entirely, slowly, and strategically letting my arms and hands brush up against her as I did so, and asking, in as sultry a voice as I could muster: "Is there...anything else I can help you with?"

Because, I guess, I was making a new plan.

Giving self

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 3, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold +1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Leaving Quidditch Field| Conditions: Temperamental, Doomed Romance
DARKEST SELF

I had to roll my eyes - luckily she could not see them from where she was behind me, at that horrible attempt at a seductive tone. I could scarcely understand why she would even try - she surely could have done better, I am sure I'd seen her do better, "Mm, I think if anyone needs help, it's you." My own tone was feral, like a purr in a lion's throat, as I moved her hands around me, and onto my bare chest, directing her hands along it, "Now, join me, please." It wasn't a request, I wasn't going to give her the room to wiggle away after how far she did go already.

Fadeyfades, sex moves trigger, both of us gain xp because you're overshadowed, and I take Doomed Romance

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 3, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I just have the team practice on their own for a bit, they all know what to do, and take the time to fly alone far above the pitch, alternatively brooding and letting off steam with chasing down the snitch. The constant, irritating, connection with Senna I can still feel does not help my mood, but the exercise does, and eventually I feel sufficiently less furious to rejoin the team.

Practice goes well, which improves my mood rather more than anything else is likely to. Westley is acting like nothing happened on the ground, but I get the impression he’s trying extra hard to keep things cheerful, acting even more enthusiastic and generally happy than usual. Well, actually about his usual amount, which is impressive given the conditions I’m making them practice in.

Max Davies is… he’s acting like he doesn’t care as well, but I notice him smiling a couple times when he doesn’t think I’m looking. Given we’ve had some fun together, I think he probably wants to go out with me, and thinks he has a chance now. Well, he isn’t wrong. Brittany completely failed to hide her feelings in anyway, and keeps shooting me sympathetic looks, and Martin looks like he really doesn’t care. Well, he’s never quite fitted nearly as well as the rest. He’s good mind you, but he seemed to belong with that weird interhouse gang a bit more than our team. Eh. Regina isn’t expressing any opinion on it at all either, but she’s clearly completely focused on winning the match.

Practice is going exceptionally well though, more sign that my training program was paying off and I’m about to let everyone out a few minutes earlier than planned when Lee goes flying sharply off course, clearly out of control. To make things worse, his broom starts spinning wildly as he overcorrects too hard. “Ugh…” I flatten myself to my broom, and rocket after him, luckily making far better speed with my aerodynamic position compared to his spins, and I catch up easily. Which leaves the hard part… I’ve got a few options, but most are risky, and nearly all of them will be gone in another second or two. “LEE! JUMP OFF!” I yell over the wind and snow at him, from about a foot away. “I’LL CATCH YOU!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 1/4, XP: 4/5, Location: A corridor Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive,

Whew that was close. I was so caught up my vision that I nearly walked into a door. Still Senna is sat there all alone brooding and looking sad. Are those tears in her eyes? I should be a good hufflepuff and go over and comfort her. And if I can turn her into a weapon to use against Cana that'll really show my family what I'm capable of. Still don't get ahead of yourself Zach one step at a time right. First talk to her. "Oh hi Senna. Is there anything I can do to help you out. I mean that was really rough of them calling you out in public like that." I said handing her a handkerchief. " Do you want to talk about it?" I asked faking concern. I then let a comment slip seemingly idly. Yes get your fangs in where she won't see them. "of course they were just using you know. Gwen and Cana. Gwen well she already has so many notches on her bedpost I guess you were just one more. And well as for Cana well there's all these rumours about her and Lee..." I trailed off suggestively.

"You've seen him on a broom right? He's rubbish so why do you think she wants him on her Quidditch team. It's obviously not his prowess with a broom. It must be something else she wants from him." I went on letting Senna think about what that something else would be. "I mean it's obvious right." I whispered. "she's interested in him for his ahem other talents."

[00:24] Ferrosol lying to Senna
[00:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9
A little bird told me giving Cana the condition Two timing. Getting the condition Liar

• Locked thread