Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Is Tired someone's parachute account with some meta I should be aware of because everything he is posting is pinging my scumdar hard core

I played with him in chores' game, lynched him D1 because I thought for sure he was scum but he was town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's actually neat as hell.

Do you actually believe this? What does this post add to scumhunting?

You are acting incredibly strange, Tobbs, like a complete reverse of how you usually act. You are freaking out at people voting for you, swinging wildly and latching on to any semantic point you can, framing things completely out of context in a push to make sure people "catch this scum action" or whatever, and are wittholding your role with a wink when I am pretty sure in Ferngully you told us what you were on D1 or D2. I know that was a while ago but this is a very different kind of scummy vibe than I usually get from you as a baseline and I'm think we have you caught.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im just loving bad, what the hell guys

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (3): Podima, Podima, Quidthulhu, Moatillata, Absurd Revolver
this is a stickup (2): Quidthulhu, Podima, Tobbs Gnawed, Quidthulhu
got some chores tonight (2): Jonathan Fisk, Mr. F!
Moatillata (1): this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Somberbrero
Tired Moritz (1): Infinitum
Absurd Revolver (1): got some chores tonight
imgay (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Moatillata, Mr. F!, this is a stickup, Moatillata, Mr. F!, this is a stickup
Somberbrero (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Quidthulhu (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
Podima (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Infinitum (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Jonathan Fisk (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Mr. F! (0): got some chores tonight, Infinitum, Infinitum, got some chores tonight

Not Voting (7): Anaconda Rifle, Anomalous Amalgam, Harold Krell, imgay, peramene, this is a stickup, Tired Moritz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 01st, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 48 minutes.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

Lol you and me both

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

Please comment on the cases which have been presented and leave some opinions in thread about them.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I really think chores is scum, we should lynch him today.

I'd be willing to vote Tobbs as well, but I have stronger feelings on Chores.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Moat will you make me a LumpenList with opinions on people and reasons why you think they are where you put them? Tia

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. F! posted:

I really think chores is scum, we should lynch him today.

I'd be willing to vote Tobbs as well, but I have stronger feelings on Chores.

What about dongs' posting is making you feel he is scum? I haven't really seen you mention him at all beyond "doing a reread" and then putting him as your vote with no reason.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

Please comment on the cases which have been presented and leave some opinions in thread about them.

Do you stand behind your opinion of my lumpen list now that you're aware of how to interpret it?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. F! posted:

Do you stand behind your opinion of my lumpen list now that you're aware of how to interpret it?

No, because there is no rhyme or reason for it. You have offered zero opinions thus far and your #1 scum pick you never mention at all.

I get as a jester you don't have a lot of incentive to play the game at all but at least fake some effort.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Do you actually believe this? What does this post add to scumhunting?

You are acting incredibly strange, Tobbs, like a complete reverse of how you usually act. You are freaking out at people voting for you, swinging wildly and latching on to any semantic point you can, framing things completely out of context in a push to make sure people "catch this scum action" or whatever, and are wittholding your role with a wink when I am pretty sure in Ferngully you told us what you were on D1 or D2. I know that was a while ago but this is a very different kind of scummy vibe than I usually get from you as a baseline and I'm think we have you caught.

lol FG I was VT

I wasn't commenting on the content of a "town-scum spectrum" so much as the idea of one as a way of representing your perception of other players' alignments.

Besides, it's bunk already given that he read Moat's case on me regarding my "white-knighting" of imgay and said he agreed with it, calling into question a fair amount of the positions already described in his list.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I know you were VT in ferngully, which is why I am saying your behavior this game is a 180 from your behavior in FG. You literally just proved my point.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

got some chores tonight posted:

other ppl who dont play mafia are harold krell and peramene and quidnose in half of the games he signs up for and absurd revolver recently so this game will be difficult for town

This post feels like fake, the tone feels like "town" is something other than what the poster is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is playing differently a good case? I don't think so.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

No, because there is no rhyme or reason for it. You have offered zero opinions thus far and your #1 scum pick you never mention at all.

I get as a jester you don't have a lot of incentive to play the game at all but at least fake some effort.

As tobbs somehow guessed I am actually a 3rd party jester. So I only benefit from getting lynched on an even day. the fact that I'm even trying to identify scum when it only increases the chance they kill me at night means you (town) are lucky.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mags is probably a D1 jester and is working really hard to get us to dunk him ASAP. I think he is best ignored. I could go through and point out every contradiction he has but yeah it's probably not worth it to pay any attention to him when he literally has said he is not working for anyone but himself.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
thats sad

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

Mags is probably a D1 jester and is working really hard to get us to dunk him ASAP. I think he is best ignored. I could go through and point out every contradiction he has but yeah it's probably not worth it to pay any attention to him when he literally has said he is not working for anyone but himself.

I specifically claimed that I would lose if you guys lynched me today, I need to be lynched on an even day. Which is tomorrow at the earliest.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

I know you were VT in ferngully, which is why I am saying your behavior this game is a 180 from your behavior in FG. You literally just proved my point.

so toby isnt vt this game?? now thats a revelation

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Mr. F! posted:

I specifically claimed that I would lose if you guys lynched me today, I need to be lynched on an even day. Which is tomorrow at the earliest.

you claimed a third party so no one is going to believe you.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

theres no way that love letter is a jester btw thats not how the game works

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

flavour: solved
mags: busted

but as a reminder absurd has made the single worst post/"case" in the game so yea

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Secrecy like this is super scummy. Don't hint at things unless you're willing to deal with the consequences.
There's obviously more, but for now ##vote tobbs

Moatillata posted:

Smiley faces? Good catch? Not wanting to give up info? This is very untobbsian to me
Now quid jumps in and agrees with the tobbs scum vibes

Quidthulhu posted:

I think this is all the votes on me, right? Chores has caught on, it's called "rolefishing".

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

claim your role toby

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

flavour: solved
mags: busted

but as a reminder absurd has made the single worst post/"case" in the game so yea

oh using my immense knowledge of board games and flavour analysis ive figured out mags role and also love letter is a good game so hes probably town

drat my flavour prowess

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

oh using my immense knowledge of board games and flavour analysis ive figured out mags role and also love letter is a good game so hes probably town

drat my flavour prowess

lol

no im 3rd party

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

nice try MAGNUS you cant get one past me

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if youre 3p post your role pm to prove it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think this is all the votes on me, right? Chores has caught on, it's called "rolefishing".

Yes, the three of us are scum together and decided you were the biggest threat and we needed to do an obviously coordinted effort with our votes to get you to tell us our role. You caught us.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can I again request that someone with a vig use it on chores? Thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote tobbs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

Yes, the three of us are scum together and decided you were the biggest threat and we needed to do an obviously coordinted effort with our votes to get you to tell us our role. You caught us.

i believe it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i genuinely and sincerely believe that quidnose, moat, and absurd are scum this game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Same, to be honest.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes Mr F, post your role PM and get modkilled.

Again

:v:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Quid here's my lumpen as of rn

Scum
Tobbs

probably scum
Chores
Imgay

neutral/suspicious
Pod
Stickup
AR
Infinitum
TM

leaning town
Quid
ARifle

3p
Mags

completely unknown (post more pl$ tia)
hkrell
Peramene
Fisk
Somber

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Again

I have a feeling that was an accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Again

:thejoke:

• Locked thread