Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
##vote Solus I’m willing to see where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Solus

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

I'm not sure we have the numbers for Solus though unless more show up. I think we'd have me, jimmy, hambeet, MMT, Podima... but we'd need two more. I might be the only viable lynch.

---

I would clearly vote Solus because that player is not me.

I look forward to seeing you act on this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's already -2

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I look forward to seeing you act on this.

haha fair

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For posterity:

Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (5): Murmur Twin, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Podima, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, merk
merk (3): Toalpaz, Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, Mr. Humalong, jimmydalad, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad
Mr. Humalong (1): Kashuno, BottleKnight, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, BottleKnight, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, merk, merk
Tired Moritz (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, BottleKnight
Toalpaz (1): Mr. Humalong, merk, Podima, jimmydalad, hambeet, merk, merk, SolusLunes, jimmydalad, Mr. Humalong, SolusLunes, Podima, merk
Podima (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Flying Leatherman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz
hambeet (0): merk, merk
Anomalous Amalgam (0): hambeet, hambeet
BottleKnight (0): Podima, Podima
Murmur Twin (0): Flying Leatherman, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz, hambeet, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Anomalous Amalgam, Flying Leatherman, hambeet, Toalpaz, SolusLunes

Not Voting (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 12th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 2 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There's a decent amount of stale players I didn't remember were even in the game: BK, Kashuno, TM.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
AA promised to reread the game and never came back.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Nah we caught merk doing shady stuff before deadline and I'd like to start there.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

The fact that they haven’t commented concerns me. Like I’m willing to chalk up that they may be busy with life and I know Kashuno stated in the thread that they’re feeling ill. I’m more leery of BK and TM, especially the latter.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

There's a decent amount of stale players I didn't remember were even in the game: BK, Kashuno, TM.

TBF these are all people I plan to look at tomorrow if I'm still around.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

Nah we caught merk doing shady stuff before deadline and I'd like to start there.

What are your thoughts on Pod's assessment of Solus?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Because I'm town I have the privilege of knowing I was town and not hammered by scum while they had the chance.

Solus, Pod, Beet, and Merk my top scum reads at the moment were all on the vote and couldn't hammer.

Merk tried to swerve to Hum. I'm getting town vibes from Hum too. So I think Hum is probably town.

If I or Merk flips I think town has this. They got caught out on a hard push I think.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

This same argument applies to Solus, if not more so. How can you look at his vote on Merk and judge that to be Town?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Solus has done some shady stuff but I don't like how Pod comes back and the vote shifts so easily to him. Scum team is here for deadline...

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

:sigh:

Let's D1 this again, then.

##vote Solus

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I mean MMT has stated previously Solus was her number 1 vote. Merk is voting because it probably is him otherwise and I felt like Pod made a convincing enough argument that I feel that Solus is a stronger scum read than Merk. It’s not like the vote changed over purely because of Pod. Kash already had his vote on Solus anyways.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

##vote Solus

Ew, this is not helping your case

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

##vote Solus

Giving up really doesn’t help yourself or town. If you are Town, argue why you are Town! The worst thing you can do as town is just roll over and let yourself get lynched.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Please Solus.. Unvote scum are waiting.....

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Don't care. Posting gets me lynched. Not posting gets me lynched. Trying to hedge gets me lynched. Trying to be confident gets me lynched. idgaf and I'm probably going to take a break from mafia and figure out what the gently caress I'm doing so thoroughly wrong.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

There's a reason why there's four names. There! I'm not utterly convinced it's you. If you're town giving u you've wasted a lot of our time and effort. And if you're scum that's still sad. You can walk away from the game without voting...

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

It feels like I’m shooting a puppy :smith:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m walking back from dinner

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Refute and argue against the case made against you. Explain your reasoning and stare where your mindset was. That’s normally a good start.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

If you argue, you can try and see who is making disingenuous arguments or putting the vote onto you in a way that is suspicious.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

There's a reason why there's four names. There! I'm not utterly convinced it's you. If you're town giving u you've wasted a lot of our time and effort. And if you're scum that's still sad. You can walk away from the game without voting...

Literally nothing will change, regardless of whether or not I change my vote. I've seen multiple instances of me becoming the lynch in the last hours of day one, and this time, I'm going to get in on it.

jimmydalad posted:

Refute and argue against the case made against you. Explain your reasoning and stare where your mindset was. That’s normally a good start.

Read previous posts where I did that! Or don't. People seem to not want to do that, for some reason.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI Votefinder is down ATM.

Podima posted:

For posterity:

Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (5): Murmur Twin, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Podima, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, merk
merk (3): Toalpaz, Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, Mr. Humalong, jimmydalad, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad
Mr. Humalong (1): Kashuno, BottleKnight, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, BottleKnight, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, merk, merk
Tired Moritz (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, BottleKnight
Toalpaz (1): Mr. Humalong, merk, Podima, jimmydalad, hambeet, merk, merk, SolusLunes, jimmydalad, Mr. Humalong, SolusLunes, Podima, merk
Podima (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Flying Leatherman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Tired Moritz
hambeet (0): merk, merk
Anomalous Amalgam (0): hambeet, hambeet
BottleKnight (0): Podima, Podima
Murmur Twin (0): Flying Leatherman, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz, hambeet, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Anomalous Amalgam, Flying Leatherman, hambeet, Toalpaz, SolusLunes

Not Voting (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 12th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 2 minutes.

Solus's vote puts them at 6 votes currently.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##unvote

Goddammit, Solus reads as genuine here and it's messing me up. I'll be here until deadline. Re-reading the game right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

AA promised to reread the game and never came back.

Eh, it got busier than expected. Worked late. We still have a little time so I'll get caught up mometarily and make a vote of some sort

Solus why are you self voting

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ahhh I don’t know what to do. Like I need to sleep soon but I’m feeling real bad for Solus and I think he’s being genuine. :ohdear:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

There's no way Solus has scum doc backing him up let's start on merk please.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Solus (5): Kash, Podima, Jimmy, Merk, Solus
merk(2): Toal, Humalong
Humalong (1): Flying Leatherman
Tired Moritz: (1): BK
Toal (1): hambeet

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, MMT, TM

Deadline is 9PM EST, 39 Minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Solus please talk me through those quotes I posted that show a really rapid swerve over a short period of time and explain your thought process to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm looking over lurkers right now and am suspicious of BK and TM, but I feel like lurker rules make them bad votes.

If I'm looking for someone who posted enough to be heard, but not enough to be cased, it'd be Kashuno.

Kashuno posted:

I agree with this read of solus. It’s bizarre

##vote solus

---

I wish I had more solid opinions, but I definitely think the attacks on MMT are incorrect

---

Hello I've realized I am starting to get sick and feel sleepy I may not be around much.

still agree with MMT re Solus and the way Solus is responding doesn't help

---

I went back and read the AA "case" and it isn't really a case much at all. As evidenced by AA not being on the vote now. Toalpaz?

---

as far as a case goes, this doesn't really read as something I care about. There's a lot of wifom here for a day one case. I can see why you are confident in your read and I am glad you are being confident and assertive in your reads, but I do not agree here.

I know it's late in the game day but would people vote Kash? I know that Kash has claimed to be not around, but it's not like he isn't posting anything either. On a re-read, he's posting but doesn't really say anything.

Solus's late game reaction feels genuine, which messes up my case on Merk, which in turn makes me think that most of the D1 cases out there have been slapfights and scum is just sitting back and letting it happen.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Podima posted:

Solus please talk me through those quotes I posted that show a really rapid swerve over a short period of time and explain your thought process to me.

How about the three post swerve that Merk did? Merks a fine vote, you said so yourself, let's start there and humour me and give Solus a break.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’ll read Kashuno in a bit. Almost back.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

I will not.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mmt, merk shouldn't be this hard to dunk right?

Why don't you leave a vote on him instead of chasing down Kash for another low info lunch. Kill me or Merk. Please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I can’t in good conscience vote for Solus. ##unvote