Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
If worse comes to worse, the players can always fall back on a JagerBomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

PTN, I think it's a real credit to you as a writer/scenario designer that I wanted another option to win and yet I'm STILL at pretty much maximum hype for this round. loving awesome.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I bet he's been waiting years to unleash the Port Royal Rumble.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I bet he's been waiting years to unleash the Port Royal Rumble.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Those small lasers are for point blank range, so the heat they produce doesn't really matter.

It can keep firing those Large Lasers forever and that's potentially pretty dangerous.

The good news is that it's criminally slow, so it should never ever be within 3 hexes of anything.

Also, I am hilariously loving pumped to be part of this one.

EDIT: so much so that I bought plat so I could PM. :10bux:

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 7, 2014

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I wonder how much money PTN has generated for Lowtax from this thread alone.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
A Bombast Laser? Who invented that one?!?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Take off one of those King Crab's arms and you halve its firepower. The Jager Bomb is the perfect mech for the job, although being within 9 hexes of the Crab is gonna suck.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Thanks to all those spikes, in my mind, that Gladiator is basically Road Warrior Hawk.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Maximum hype indeed.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
That assault 'mech(xican wrestler) is a work of art.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Teledahn posted:

Maximum hype indeed.

Look, if you're gonna have PirateMania you don't want to skimp on the hype.

This all began when Cyndi Lauper put Captain Lou Marik in a music video and steamrolled from there. Just ride that train until we hit the Monday Night Succession Wars, when the Word of Blake puts together their own competing outfit and starts spoiling the results of pre-taped matches over the HPG network.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
If that Charger doesn't rip the Value Crab's arms off and then beat it to death with them I will be sincerely disappointed.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Teledahn posted:

Maximum hype indeed.

Mostly I'm trying to keep people interested while I do all the spritework.

Speaking of, going in and manually labeling every building on the map is going to kill me.

There're probably 300 individual building sprites on the map (all multi-hex, occupying 2-5 hexes total). I don't want to know how many individual building hexes there are, and hand-labeling them is going to destroy my wrists. Would anyone mind if I just put a disclaimer at the bottom saying "all buildings are Light [Ground Height +2] unless otherwise labeled?

Edit: Hahaha, it's 1:30 AM? I've been working on this since I got home. :suicide:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Are we allowed to start fires in this mission????

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

There're probably 300 individual building sprites on the map (all multi-hex, occupying 2-5 hexes total). I don't want to know how many individual building hexes there are, and hand-labeling them is going to destroy my wrists. Would anyone mind if I just put a disclaimer at the bottom saying "all buildings are Light [Ground Height +2] unless otherwise labeled?

No one will mind. No one.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Voyager I posted:

Are we allowed to start fires in this mission????

I gave at least one of you Inferno SRMs. I only ask that you remember I have to hand-draw fires so please be kind.

In other news, pirate roads are really inconvenient.

Map's still not done but I'm stopping for the night. I just have a few mansions to place (mostly around the water reservoir) and we're golden.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 7, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
By the way, if in the future you have a need for more custom mech sprites I'd be happy to help out with my meager skills.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Oh god a jumping charger that can land on light buildings is going to be loving murderous on this map.

Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.
All I can ask for now is an OpFor metal babby and a Mech-sized folding chair.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kilty Monroe posted:

All I can ask for now is an OpFor metal babby and a Mech-sized folding chair metal babby to hit it with.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
We're on the wrong side of the Inner Sphere for Metal Babbys, sadly.

If it makes you feel any better, one of the OpForce is in a stock Shadow Hawk SHD-2D. Better known as the worst Medium `Mech in the game.

This is not that `Mech.

For once, 1 ton of Machine Gun ammunition wasn't enough.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 7, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Now imagine running that with the Machinegun Burst Fire special rule. :getin:

It would probably immediately explode due to heat.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Yikes... between TACs and eventual open armor skewing the scales that sandpaper machine is going to run well over one crit chance per turn.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I missed the fun by one round.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm hoping that there are at least 6 PC 'mechs.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Oh man, I only just noticed that the Value Crab has almost as much rear armour as it does on its front.

Edit: Whoops, that's actually structure. My bad.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 7, 2014

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012
After seeing all that I must say A.

This is shaping up to look fun.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

apostateCourier posted:

I'm hoping that there are at least 6 PC 'mechs.

There are 11.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

There are 11.

At least with pirates it will be easy to write fluff for missed turns. Likely the amount of gambling, drinking and copulating going on in those cockpits is enough to make Steiner Rules himself blush.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Wait. Is Saint Celestine on the list twice?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

For once, 1 ton of Machine Gun ammunition wasn't enough.

The only way this could be better is if it were the all-MG mech someone ran up earlier in the thread in response to me asking a dumb question about how many MGs can you fit into a single chassis. The answer is a shitload.

TildeATH posted:

At least with pirates it will be easy to write fluff for missed turns. Likely the amount of gambling, drinking and copulating going on in those cockpits is enough to make Steiner Rules himself blush.

I think after PTN assigns 11 pilots I'm like six pilots down on the list so I hope half the people currently on the list don't put in orders on turn 1 so I can take over. attn all current pilots: be bad at orders, TIA

(My plan is to be good at putting in orders, but put in bad orders. They'll never see it coming.)

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 7, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

apostateCourier posted:

Wait. Is Saint Celestine on the list twice?

They were, yes. It's fixed on the master list.

Also, you'll get to see the full damage graphs for the enemy this time around since the players have an 'insider' who knows what the Tortuga Fusiliers / Death's Consorts are fighting in.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I am so hyped for this match.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Chronojam posted:

I am so hyped for this match.

I'm positively giddy myself.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

They were, yes. It's fixed on the master list.

Also, you'll get to see the full damage graphs for the enemy this time around since the players have an 'insider' who knows what the Tortuga Fusiliers / Death's Consorts are fighting in.

You just want to show us how ridiculous the enemy mechs are, too.

(this is the correct decision)

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Voyager I posted:

You just want to show us how ridiculous the enemy mechs are, too.

(this is the correct decision)

Having seen them for myself in the course of helping PTN draw them, I can confirm that they are indeed glorious.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Look, if you're gonna have PirateMania you don't want to skimp on the hype.

This all began when Cyndi Lauper put Captain Lou Marik in a music video and steamrolled from there. Just ride that train until we hit the Monday Night Succession Wars, when the Word of Blake puts together their own competing outfit and starts spoiling the results of pre-taped matches over the HPG network.

Pirates just wanna have fun. :allears:

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Psion posted:

I think after PTN assigns 11 pilots I'm like six pilots down on the list so I hope half the people currently on the list don't put in orders on turn 1 so I can take over. attn all current pilots: be bad at orders, TIA

(My plan is to be good at putting in orders, but put in bad orders. They'll never see it coming.)
Oh God, it's almost my time to pilot. I really should learn BT's rules now, shouldn't I? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Friar John posted:

Oh God, it's almost my time to pilot. I really should learn BT's rules now, shouldn't I? :v:

When in doubt, DFA everything.

EV-REEE-THINGGGGGGG

• Locked thread