Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The aliens in Starship Troopers weren't actually supposed to be a threat :ssh:

(The whole driving action of the movie is that the government wanted to drum up support to genocide the bugs and take all their resources and the asteroid that wiped out Buenos Aires was a convenient excuse that was either a coincidence or a false flag operation)

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Jul 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The whole movie is a piss-take on the book and the humans being dumb as hell is deliberate on the part of the writers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Voyager I posted:

The whole movie is a piss-take on the book and the humans being dumb as hell is deliberate on the part of the writers.

Surrrre... The writers were responsible for humans being dumb as hell.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sunswipe posted:

I really want a Terminator movie set in the old west.

Breetai posted:

This, but Predator.

One more finger on the monkey's paw curls...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My favorite part of The Quiet Place was in the beginning how the family let the loving toddler/four year old walk around by himself instead of the mom loving carrying him. Because there is no goddamn way a kid that small is going to be quiet or not get distracted and walk off. It's like the parents decided three kids was too many and to yeet the smallest one early on.

How about something with the Predator in WWII? I mean, why the gently caress not?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cowslips Warren posted:

How about something with the Predator in WWII? I mean, why the gently caress not?

Honestly, the original pitch of the Predator was "a horror movie where the protagonists are not scared and weak, but instead very well trained killing machines, who are still massively out of their depths"

Having a remote squad of WW2 soldiers, or like Vietnam soldiers, get attacked by a Predator would be extremely in spirit with the first movie.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
One of the shorts of Love Death, and Robots was called "Secret War" which was about the Soviet effort in WW2 to eradicate an infestation of ghouls that had been summoned ten years prior in the misguided hopes of using them as a weapon.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cowslips Warren posted:

My favorite part of The Quiet Place was in the beginning how the family let the loving toddler/four year old walk around by himself instead of the mom loving carrying him. Because there is no goddamn way a kid that small is going to be quiet or not get distracted and walk off. It's like the parents decided three kids was too many and to yeet the smallest one early on.

imo dad should carry him

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
A quiet place is dumb for the same reason zombie movies are. There's no explanation why these blind things couldn't be herded together and destroyed with bombs etc before you get to the point where suburbia is fighting for itself.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Cowslips Warren posted:

Inglorious Basterds but the Basterds are just aliens who really don't like fascism.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

yeah I eat rear end posted:

A quiet place is dumb for the same reason zombie movies are. There's no explanation why these blind things couldn't be herded together and destroyed with bombs etc before you get to the point where suburbia is fighting for itself.

How TF you gonna heard together super strong 8 foot tall spider people that can leap over buildings??

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I would absolutely watch a WW2 movie where unexplained alien monsters appear and just wipe out the Nazis because they really hate fascism.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Inzombiac posted:

How TF you gonna heard together super strong 8 foot tall spider people that can leap over buildings??

put a really big boom box (genie optional) in the middle of a field of bombs

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I would absolutely watch a WW2 movie where unexplained alien monsters appear and just wipe out the Nazis because they really hate fascism.

The real plot twist would be having the Nazis end up being the Final Girl after defeating the aliens.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Man with Hat posted:

Inglorious Basterds but the Basterds are just aliens who really don't like fascism.

Need to see this

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Wasabi the J posted:

Surrrre... The writers were responsible for humans being dumb as hell.

Writers are generally responsible for things that happen in movies.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

The real plot twist would be having the Nazis end up being the Final Girl after defeating the aliens.

Better would be a twist where nobody survives but its a happy ending after all because Nazis.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Some people deliberately delay finishing Star Control II because the Kill Everyone Aliens go after the Turbocapitalist Slave Aliens first.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zaphod42 posted:

Honestly, the original pitch of the Predator was "a horror movie where the protagonists are not scared and weak, but instead very well trained killing machines, who are still massively out of their depths"

Having a remote squad of WW2 soldiers, or like Vietnam soldiers, get attacked by a Predator would be extremely in spirit with the first movie.

Predator and Predator II work because the whole premise is basically a standard action movie for the time getting literally invaded by an alien; the first is an Arnie shootbangs movie where the ultra-masculine 80s badasses get picked off one by one, while the second is a buddy cop movie (complete, unfortunately, with all the racism) where an alien drops into the stereotypical gang war and starts picking off targets indiscriminately.

Man with Hat posted:

Given the whole theme of Predators basically being to humans what big game hunters are to animals, could be an animal control squad culling the rabid.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Predator 1 was a subversion of 80’s musclemen movies
Predator 2 was a subversion of cop/gangster movies

New predator : Predator vs serial killer,predator has only 3 days to catch a serial killer,call it Predator : to catch a Predator

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
For those wanting the WW2 aliens film, might wanna try Overlord. It's Nazi vampires, and it's pretty batshit. It's got US Agent before he got the job in the MCU.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Predator 1 was a subversion of 80’s musclemen movies
Predator 2 was a subversion of cop/gangster movies

New predator : Predator vs serial killer,predator has only 3 days to catch a serial killer,call it Predator : to catch a Predator

Predators already had Predator vs serial killer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Predator conspiracy thriller that ends up with a bloody showdown on Epstein island.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Most Dangerous Game except the guy actually just serves a Predator and brings him subjects to hunt

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Predator conspiracy thriller that ends up with a bloody showdown on Epstein island.

Ok I would absolutely watch Predator vs. Predators.

Edit: Predator vs. Redditors

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Okay lets go even further

drop a predator into a battle royale

Predator Games

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Predators attacked by Predator drone.

4 Predator Funerals and a Predator Wedding.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

The Most Dangerous Game except the guy actually just serves a Predator and brings him subjects to hunt

That just reminds me of one of the more bonkers episodes of the original Transformers, where a Lord Chumley who clearly has way too much time and way too much money gets his kicks shooting down and capturing an experimental Russian jet, and then decides he wants Optimus Prime's head on his wall, and apparently has the resources and know-how to pose a significant threat to the Autobots and Decepticons.

I'd say 'Predator vs superheroes' but there's been crossovers with Batman before I'm pretty sure. Though a take more like The Boys might get hilarious. Especially when people start treating the Predator as a superhero.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else remember that movie The Hunt where they were all "OH NO WE CAN'T RELEASE THE MOVIE CAUSE IT'LL CAUSE BLOOD IN THE STREETS"? I watched it, and it was decent, but damned if I can really think that whole argument thing was just some kinda poo poo viral marketing.

Was kinda fun watching parody versions of liberals fight dumbass right wing idiots.

Just remembered it in the middle of predator vs random people chat. I'd love a predator version of it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember The Hunt.

IIRC it got spared the whole controversy when COVID-19 shut movie theaters down.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zaphod42 posted:

This is literally The Keep. The movie is a bit of a mess, but the book is decent.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Imagined posted:

The entire Cold War:

Soviets: The Americans wouldn't do that, that would be insane.
Narrator: The Americans did that.
Americans: YEEHAW
Soviets: What the gently caress.

Nuke the moon. Acoustic cats. Nuclear landmines kept warm by chickens. Mind control drugs. Scientologist-led psychic research programs. All actual plans or projects from NATO countries.

The soviets weren't exactly the sane and rational part here. There were soviet plans to create ape-human soldiers, to melt the arctic, to use blood transfusions to halt aging, they nuked the rivers in Siberia in an attempt to reverse the flow and that's not even mentioning Lysenko or the Aral Sea (now known as the Aral Puddles).

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Apocalypse Now but Kurtz is a Predator

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Baron von Eevl posted:

Writers are generally responsible for things that happen in movies.

I'm saying look around you and you can find fuckin' idiots everywhere. Can't throw a rock without hitting a an idiot.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
What happened to Gotham over the course of the Dark Knight trilogy?

In Batman Begins, the city has this gritty, run down, foggy, dark and totally unique aesthetic but in TDK and TDKR, it just looks like Chicago and Pittsburgh. It's a really weird decision to get rid of the style that looked so cool and original in Begins.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Because Nolan sucks.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd say 'Predator vs superheroes' but there's been crossovers with Batman before I'm pretty sure.
Notable comic crossovers:

Batman versus Predator (1991)
Batman versus Predator II: Bloodmatch (1993)
Superman vs. Aliens (1995)
Tarzan versus Predator: At the Earth's Core (1996)
Batman/Aliens (1997)
Predator versus Judge Dredd (1997)
Batman versus Predator III: Blood Ties (1997)
Overkill: Witchblade/Aliens/Darkness/Predator (1999)
Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator (2000)
Superman vs. Predator (2000)
Green Lantern versus Aliens (2000)
Witchblade/Aliens/Darkness/Predator: Mindhunter (2000)
JLA versus Predator (2001)
Superman vs. Aliens II: God War (2002)
Batman/Aliens II (2002)
Judge Dredd versus Aliens: Incubus (2002)
Superman and Batman vs. Aliens and Predator (2007)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In Space No One Can Hear You Slay! (2012)
Archie vs. Predator (2015)
Aliens/Vampirella (2015)
Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens: Splice and Dice (2016)
Archie vs. Predator II (2019)

Almost all of these were multiple-issue runs.

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:11 on Jul 21, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also, Mortal Kombat.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Batman/judge dredd crossovers are good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Because Nolan sucks.

Budget blew out from buying throat lozenges for Bale. Couldn't afford to keep up the special effects on the wide shots.