Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Non-permanent dying is not always a good thing.
I tried to run solo builds with Lone Fixer and Rememberance on Roland. I am sure that General Works Assistant Librarians wish that dying was permanent here.

If anyone wants to know how it works: it doesn't. Action advantage will shred your librarian in the end. Against one act of 3-4 speed dice — possible. 5 dice in a single encounter or more than one act of 3-4 dice — certain death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Things We Know:

-Sayo is in this reception. Yang and Gin will probably also be there.

-The Kurokumo Clan is a Thumb subsidiary.

-Kaori is looking into the Thumb.

-We haven't seen the Floor of Technological Science go out with access to the Singing Machine cards and T. Hinman yet.

Conclusion: TQ will be having Yesod's team fight in this reception.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Junpei posted:

Things We Know:

-Sayo is in this reception. Yang and Gin will probably also be there.

-We haven't seen the Floor of Technological Science go out with access to the Singing Machine cards and T. Hinman yet.

Conclusion: TQ will be having Yesod's team fight in this reception.

Secondary conclusion: Sayo is coming for you.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

So you declare a Thumb war? :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It's actually gonna be Tiphereth for the next fight(s) because you think you can stop her from getting involved? It's also probably the only way TQ could make the next fights challenging.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Certainly I'd love to see TQ bring out Tiph and show what he can do with a totally undeveloped floor.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wait, Tiphereth, or Tiphereth?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Tiphereth, obviously

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
Well we have two fights left on this floor. Maybe he'll do Techno Sciences for the Sayo stuff, and Natural Sciences for the other?

Or he'll completely blindside us. That's definitely an option.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 24: Kurokumo Clan—Chapter 1

Music: Lobby

Why are we here, Angela?

An experiment. During the upcoming reception, have yourself and your helpers work in an advisory role.

To what end?

I wish to increase our combat capabilities.

…I'll leave it up to my team.

Why not? It'll be nice to leave the wet work to someone else for once.

I also approve of observing the humans of this place further.

Mmm… I doo prefer waatching… It's coozy…

There you have it, I suppose.

Given that you are not leaving, I'll assume you've consented.

VIDEO
Music: StorySimgak

If you’re out of money, then you shouldn’t have asked for more protection from us, no?

We aren’t safe here, either. Thugs could break in at any moment…

I thought maybe we could expect better from the household with the highest income around here.

Please do. These people will have to become accustomed to the rules of the Backstreets soon enough.

Hey, consider this a free lesson for you.

Music: STOP

There's the sound of footsteps.

Music: StoryAlley

Please have mercy on us… You can’t be such heartless people…

And did you spare any mercy for us while we struggled in the Backstreets, covered in filth and blood? No, you simply spectated our suffering from the comfort of the Nest, did you not? It’s rather infuriating now that I think about it. Yang, let us take an eye from them as well.

Yes, dame~

Got your arms first.

We didn’t ask for this, you people came into our house all of a sudden and threatened us to pay protection money…

So have we kept you safe or not? I’m pretty sure we took care of all the bad guys trying to get here.

There's some of the usual squishy violence sounds for both the arm and the eye removals.

What do we do… How are we gonna live now…

The Nest fell so suddenly…

What a bunch of crybabies. We’re being quite generous as Backstreets businesses go.

Now, now~ We’ll be going then. Please don’t forget today’s lesson: If you receive something, you should return that favor accordingly. Imagine if it was the Ring protecting this area, not us… Dear, the thought alone is terrifying.

Oh, and please leave this house by tomorrow. Gin, confiscate the apartment deed from these people, will you?

You’ll be visited by much less pleasant fellows next time, so you’d better move out as soon as possible~

Music: StorySimgak

Ah, by the way, Gin. How is the current situation with L Corp’s Nest?

It’s fierce. This is the first time in a long while the Thumb and the Index got in a turf war over an area. Everyone must be thinking this is the promised estate or something.

The same can be said for us, no?

On another note, the ‘Rusted Chains’ already proved to be an issue, but we’ve been colliding with ‘Blade Lineage’ more often these days.

Perhaps we should have a friendly conversation with them before the tension overheats.

Music: StoryNervous

What are you.

Got some gains with your business?

She has the head of a dog? A dog in black coat? Are those kinds of surgeries hip with the kids these days?

Captain, that appears to be the one recently dubbed as ‘L'heure du Loup’.

Oh? So she’s a wolf, not a dog? Still appears to be a little bitch to me.

Let’s see, we have around a hundred Kurokumo punks ‘ere.

You speak as if you can take us all on.

That’s the plan, yeah.

Let us teach that pup a lesson.

The sounds of an absolute beatdown ensue.

Music: StoryChaboon

I coulda crushed you like bugs even before I turned into what I am now. Alright, why don’tcha gather round and kneel. The dead… Welp, they can’t be helped.

…What is it that you want?

Ehey, I have plenty of wants, gal. Wanna have a ton of cash in my hands. Wanna live in a Nest for once, too.

There's another solid THWACK sound here.

Whoa~ Look at their skull go. Flew right outta the park, homerun.

Tell us what you demand from us.

Oh, ah, what I want from you guys? Right, that was the point. First off, the piece of cloth you’re carrying? Gimme that.

…This Nuovo Fabric is for the Thumb, though?

My boss showed interest in that thing. Heard that’s a pretty nice cut o’ cloth. Guess he wants us to suit up before the performance.

You must know the consequences of making an enemy of the Thumb.

The Thumb? Pft, tell ‘em to bring it on. I’mma smash ‘em all.

The Library…? The building that is rumored to be at the center of this Nest?

Yep, that thing.

So you are after the wealth this land can bring, after all.

I told ya that’s not it. I do wanna earn some bucks, but music comes first.

But for what reason…

Beats me. My boss… No, I mean the orchestrator of our ensemble wants us to get rid of all those noisy Syndicates like the Thumb or the Index so that we can make some music. In fancy suits, too.

And help out the Library while we’re at it.

Help out the Library?

Shush, gal. Keep your eyes low if you don’t wanna get dead.

……

Go on ahead. C’mon, get going already.

If you don’t use that invitation right now, I’ll kindly remove all the bones from your flesh.

…Let us prepare to go, everyone.

Your hands are shaking, galie. You sure you’re alright? Are ya mad at me by any chance?

…No, it’s nothing.

And one more thing: If you run off without the books in your hands, you’re also dead to me.

Music: Lobby

Looks like the Fingers are fiercely wrestling for the ownership of the Nest that L Corp. once had reign over.

Why would they, though?

Ever heard of holdouts? When a Wing is broken, its Nest collapses and gradually turns into a slum akin to the Backstreets. It becomes a lawless land without an owner to uphold anything. Then a bunch of Syndicates come rushing in to occupy the land in advance.

What happens next?

The vacancy in the Wings won’t stay open forever; when a new Wing rises and gets assigned a Nest, the Syndicate resells that land to the Wing. Of course, the Wing can choose to hire Fixers or other Syndicates to kick out that Syndicate with force instead, but that’s another story.

What will happen to the feathers living in the Nest?

Those folks? Well, they’re all on their own. Hire a Fixer, or get evicted to the Backstreets, or try and join another Wing, or anything. A Nest without its Wing is no longer a safe haven for its residents.

That’s typical of the City.

If you can’t grasp whatever opportunities you find with your own hands, you’re bound to fall behind.

…That looked like a case of the Distortion.

Distortion? That’s not exactly what I imagined.

Indeed. She appears to be highly rational.

You call that rational?

She seems much more rational than you are, at the very least.

Music: Entrance:

Where the hell did that bitchhead come from?! How dare an impudent whelp like her bite at us superior beings!

Calm down, Captain. Let’s report this to the Thumb right after we take care of this.

Huu… Yes, let us do that.

It’s ridiculous that someone could treat us Kurokumo Clan, a Thumb subsidiary, with such disrespect.

Hear, hear. Although we’re in a bad situation… The books listed on this invitation are tempting offers for sure.

It seems that The Carnival have ended up turning into books.

And this book… is related to the Nest of L Corp, too.

How did you manage to collect the books we need the most?

Such is the role of the Library.

This place exudes the smell of blood.

And you reek of blood as well, dear guests.

Oh my, do we?

Let’s hit up a bathhouse for a warm one once we finish this.

Good idea. There’s nothing like a good bath to blow off some steam on a bad day.

Drinks are on me. Are there even any bathhouses or pubs left in L Corp’s Nest, anyway?

That’s a fair point. We have so much to report and take care of, so much to think about…

Are you done with your chitchats now?

How pushy… Now then, shall we head inside?

May you find your book in this place.

Next time, on Library of Ruina: Far less than 100 Kurokumo Clan members.

Videos

Kurokumo Clan 1

Hey, boss… why's it so noisy up here all of a sudden?

Angela's in the middle of some experiment. It's supposed to help us in combat.

Sounds troublesome.

Yeah…

In that case… I'm relying on you, boss!

For what?

Getting us all out of whatever it is that she's cooking up. What else?

I'll do my best, but it's not like I can override her decisions.

Then I'll accept just getting me out of it instead.

That's definitely not happening. If I'm in, you're all coming with me.

Suppose I was too optimistic for thinking our jobs'd be easier when we got more people, then.

Seems like it…

But hey, we're not doing anything now.

True. Gotta' savor the downtime we've got.

Ain't it the truth. Pass the popcorn?

Ehh… alright, I guess.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 4, 2022

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
While they’re awful people, the Kurokumo do have a really good relationship with each other. It’s also very casual. Like, this is a bad day for them, but at least up to this point, it’s not catastrophic. It’s kind of interesting and communicates a lot about their day to day lives.

I’m surprised you’re using Roland’s floor for this. It’s still at 3 people after all, and kind of showcasing the floor’s decline into irrelevance for a regular player as time goes on.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

TeeQueue posted:

Where the hell did that bitchhead come from?! How dare an impudent whelp like her bite at us superior beings!
Lady, she kicked the asses of you and your small army. You are a special kind of stupid.
Also, disappointed that Sayo is facing away in the painted art for this book: don't get to see if she still looks like an anime surrounded by realistic faces.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Keldulas posted:

I’m surprised you’re using Roland’s floor for this. It’s still at 3 people after all, and kind of showcasing the floor’s decline into irrelevance for a regular player as time goes on.

I'm going to have to let you down, Roland and Zaida are 100% just chilling out eating popcorn for this reception.

I did something dumber..?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That sounds to me like Tiphereth is fighting early.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

NullBlack posted:

Lady, she kicked the asses of you and your small army. You are a special kind of stupid.

Sayo can deal it out but not take it, apparently. Turns out the law of the jungle sucks when you're not the strongest!

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

Keldulas posted:

TeeQueue posted:

I'm going to have to let you down, Roland and Zaida are 100% just chilling out eating popcorn for this reception.

I did something dumber..?
So you're only using Steve?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

NullBlack posted:

So you're only using Steve?

...........................................hold on I need to rerecord. :v:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

We know about Rusted Chains! We killed them already! Those are the guys, who get stronger by hitting themselves! Blade Lineage is new, though.

I have no Idea, what Tanya's title means. It literally translates to Wolf's Hour. Google takes me to the french wikipedia pages for two books.

We can glean that Tanya has a boss orchestrator, who wants to make a musical perfomance, knows about Library and actively helps it. There are too many people, who know more about the Library than us, who are inside of it, and this is concerning.

From what we seen in other media (Pianist story, Distortion Detective, Wonderlab), Distortions are people consumed and controlled by their emotions and desires. Tanya is definetly too rational for common case of Distortion.

Tha main question of this update: who is the bigger bitch: Sayo or Tanya?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MiiNiPaa posted:

We know about Rusted Chains! We killed them already! Those are the guys, who get stronger by hitting themselves! Blade Lineage is new, though.

I have no Idea, what Tanya's title means. It literally translates to Wolf's Hour. Google takes me to the french wikipedia pages for two books.

We can glean that Tanya has a boss orchestrator, who wants to make a musical perfomance, knows about Library and actively helps it. There are too many people, who know more about the Library than us, who are inside of it, and this is concerning.

From what we seen in other media (Pianist story, Distortion Detective, Wonderlab), Distortions are people consumed and controlled by their emotions and desires. Tanya is definetly too rational for common case of Distortion.

Tha main question of this update: who is the bigger bitch: Sayo or Tanya?
I'm pretty sure that, as a physically larger female dog, Tanya wins out. :v:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MiiNiPaa posted:

Wolftime?

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
Oh, Tanya. How I love her. She's easily one of my favorite Ruina characters.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It'd be la temps du loup were that the case. You can maybe squint and see "Hour of the Wolf" but that's still pretty nonsensical as a title.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

MiiNiPaa posted:

Hour of the Wolf?

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

...........................................hold on I need to rerecord. :v:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Standard popcorn or the fancylovely flavored popcorn, Roland? You will be judged on your choice

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Two very fantastic new intros at the same time here, both hot as hell and worryingly strong / unconcerned with human life. The Black Clouds are vicious and aiming low with their attacks, while Tanya seems to have a major backer and a lot of plans for the future. Whatever music she wants to make is probably going to keep weighing on the plot for a while, especially if she sticks to the tactic of sending other people into the Library rather than showing up herself.

Believe In Steve!
Praise Beve To Steve!
Steveheads Unite!
Steve Can Do It!
(foam rubber "Steve #1" hands on sale at all participating Library locations, supplies limited, pennants also available)

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
Sayo is hot so I forgive her :colbert:

Slaan posted:

Standard popcorn or the fancylovely flavored popcorn, Roland? You will be judged on your choice

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm not a furry, but... I can't deny that I find Tanya hot.

Also:

TeeQueue posted:

Oh? So she’s a wolf, not a dog? Still appears to be a little bitch to me.

I have to wonder if this is an added translation bonus or if in Korean the word for "female dog" is also used as an insult like it is in English

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Tanya is one of my faves also.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Busting Tiph out would make the fight more interesting. The guests get to shine a bit more when we don't just curbstomp them with the floors kitted out with the latest Abno pages.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
More power if TeeQueue does it but man it's a real pain to use fresh floors. It's not so much the abno pages as not being able to get the light refills + max light increase of higher emotion levels.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
I still think it's hilarious that you see Sayo in the Carnival cutscene and go "wow she's showing off a lot of chest" and then it turns out that everyone in the clan also shows a lot of boob, love wins

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

MetaMeme posted:

I still think it's hilarious that you see Sayo in the Carnival cutscene and go "wow she's showing off a lot of chest" and then it turns out that everyone in the clan also shows a lot of boob, love wins

I think, Angela is in denial about needing a hug. You need to convince her otherwise.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I love how Sayo's first reaction to Tanya's appearance is basically just a "Kids these days, I swear"

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

: exists

: What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class-

Rofaner
May 30, 2011
It's a dog's day life.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

TeeQueue posted:

I coulda crushed you like bugs even before I turned into what I am now. Alright, why don’tcha gather round and kneel. The dead… Welp, they can’t be helped.

Wonder how long it'll be before Roland starts seeing any strong individual as a potential book/keypage?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Tanya seems cool.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Junpei posted:

Also:

I have to wonder if this is an added translation bonus or if in Korean the word for "female dog" is also used as an insult like it is in English

I had to listen to the voice acting. The line translates to a "child of a dog" so bitch would be correct. And yes, it is used as an insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
i think this segment was one of those story parts that made me really sit up and go "wow, the voice acting in this is fantastic." even for minor characters who are only bound to appear in one or two story segments (provided that sayo doesn't pull a phillip), they really made sure that everything was just really good.