Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Doc rivers might become available

Has a player in any other sport destroyed their legacy and public perception more than Kevin Durant? The only thing I feel comes close are people who commit horrific crimes or steroid dudes in baseball

oj simpson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation

Lockback posted:

Nurk and Ted Cruz were like the only guys actually trying something other than ISO out there, He doesn't deserve the heat.

It's not like NFL, Beal's salary is 100% guaranteed. If they cut him they still have to pay him and they're still in cap hell.

I do think another offseason of pulling in a couple pieces, even if those are just minimums and whatever, will help. I dunno if it'll help enough.

I also don't know what coach will want this job. It looks like an absolute career killer.

I gotcha. I didn't love the swap from Ayton but Nurkic is still a good player and the type of guy who's game should be a good fit. This season is 0% on Nurk.

i dont know how waiving works i just thought not having beal would help them

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Ahhhh - and i cannot stress this enough - Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

ant rejecting devin to deny the 50 is so loving funny, get the gently caress out of here u dumb bitch
:hmmyes:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Suns and Bucks just need to swap coaches. Easy fix all around

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

Ok, but that's not like, OJ Simpson.

I am yeah, he’s not OJ or Aaron Hernandez. I’m pretty sure any sane person realizes that.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I feel like he falls under the “literal crime” category my man

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Paul Zuvella posted:

glove don't fit

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

piratepilates posted:

glove don't fit

still got the vegas armed robbery thing

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

ChickenMedium posted:

KD's problem is social media addiction. Listening to all the haters tell him he was poo poo because he hadn't won a title sent him off to the Warriors. Listening to all the haters tell him his Warriors titles didn't count sent him off to the Nets. Listening to the haters tell him the Nets loving suck sent him off to the Suns. KD will now obsessively search his own name on twitter for the next four months and then force a trade to like the 76ers or Orlando.

He's so relatable

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Suns are going to waive Beal and stretch out his cap hit for 50 years!

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

nikosoft posted:

He's so relatable

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/NBA_NewYork/status/1784833955406938194

My dude is getting EXPOSED.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

still got the vegas armed robbery thing

his reputation was destroyed before that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation

Paul Zuvella posted:

paradol ex chris benoit dot txt

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is KD going to be in the new Naked Gun?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

must be a real height mismatch, knicks must be a super tall team, can't blame embiid

huh weird, alright well it must have been noted tall guys robinson and hartenstein then right, wait it was josh hart and og anunoby combined for 60% of the knicks rebounds?? odd :thunk:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kevin “Slim Reaper” Durant aka the servant aka Durantula is the most something awful athlete of all time and the general public was not ready for him

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:eyepop:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Trust the process?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
tbf the knicks are an incredibly good offensive rebounding team

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I know these have been posted individually but I wanted to post the clip that keeps them together because man what a backbreaking sequence for Phoenix

https://twitter.com/WolvesClips/status/1784807152479035455

I also love how when Ant waves everyone to the other side of the court you can hear someone from the Suns bench realize whats about to happen and start screaming for someone to double team him

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’m glad the Suns are dead.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation

he's been exposed for 4 postseasons in a row

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The sun has set.

https://theathletic.com/5457313/2024/04/29/timberwolves-series-win-playoffs-rare-suns/

Common W for Jon. Really sucks to hear about his kiddo's health issues.

Makey and Judd talking about people they are happy for who have been through it - my dad is a day 1er and I was around the team since the inception. Feels good man.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ANT is MJ if you replaced the misery and psychopathy with Joy and friendship

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

he's always been a mediocre, nay a terrible rebounder for his size

Paul Zuvella posted:

Two seasons ago he was 8th in rebound% and last year he was 22nd.

Had he qualified this season he would have been 15th.
That is nowhere near “terrible”

for as big and as strong as he is? yeah i think it's terrible

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 29, 2024

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

aBagorn posted:

he's always been a mediocre, nay a terrible rebounder for his size

Two seasons ago he was 8th in rebound% and last year he was 22nd.

Had he qualified this season he would have been 15th.
That is nowhere near “terrible”

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Anecdotally he seems like the kind of guy who can get out hustled for boards, so that may make sense why in this series he's having problems in the 4th. But I think it's more likely in the games I've seen by the 4th he looks like he's on 1 leg.

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!

That's only because of bad bounces of course.

https://x.com/croucherJD/status/1784937127928631540

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Hell, same.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Fondly remembering last year when Embiid won MVP over Jokic in part because of the narrative that Jokic had not had enough postseason success to win again.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I dunno watching him this series he half asses every rebound and doesn't get up or box out. Just one arm extension.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fondly remembering last year when Embiid won MVP over Jokic in part because of the narrative that Jokic had not had enough postseason success to win again.

That's not why Embiid won

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also because he ducked Jokic at the end of the year so he could avoid the narrative of getting destroyed in the head to head

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
My impression was that the biggest factor was this thing that doesn't make much sense to me, but that a lot of people explicitly expressed: for winning a 2nd or 3rd MVP it's not enough to be the best player during that season. If you don't feel enough like a Top-X player of all time, where multiple-MVP players consistently end up, it's better if the award goes to someone else.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
yeah the problem is that it should of went to Giannis the first year he won it. last year he was obviously the best player

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

yeah the problem is that it should of went to Giannis the first year he won it. last year he was obviously the best player

I agree with this

giannis should have won 2020-21
embiid should have won 2021-22
jokic should have won 2022-23

I think they got it wrong each year, all stemming from not wanting to give giannis his 3rd in a row

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Embiid should not have won any year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
No one should ever have won MVP. Celebrating an individual for the performance of the collective is wrong.