Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Clawtopsy posted:

I was really excited for Cordy with Firesweep+ but then I remembered that she still won't proc galeforce without getting hit as well

There must be a way to make this work.

With the seal you're losing 3 Spd against the 8 Spd and 5 str the original build lost.

I mean even if it doesn't work you can still get Firesweep Cordelia that always procs astra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Heavy blade seal is tight I'm slamming that shiet on cherche with a brave axe sorry ike and amelia lmao

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thanks to this weeks Arena feathers, I hit 20k again so I was able to do this:

I need to pull 3 more Rebeccas, hopefully one with +Spd/-Def or Res so I can get rid of the -HP she has right now, but if not she has the second best nature.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I can’t even submit her as a Be The Change unit, since she’s already top tier. But still, the dragon lady has awakened her true power.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Tharja is the only one who is kind of finished and Ike and Ephraim have qr2 otherwise I'm not sure who to give my last few skills to, I've got a fury 3, desperation 3, and qr2 to hand out and not sure who should get them.

Washout fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 26, 2017

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Washout posted:

http://imgur.com/I9xQJEy

Tharja is the only one who is kind of finished and Ike and Ephraim have qr2 otherwise I'm not sure who to give my last few skills to, I've got a fury 3, desperation 3, and qr2 to hand out and not sure who should get them.

Fury 3 + Desperation 3 is Nino's ideal combo. I'd save QR for a FCorrin/Nowi with whom you can make a dragon team.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I saw Iote's Shield seal and laughed like a madman. Earlier I was like "Do I want Iote's Shield or Triangle Adept on Spring Camilla?" but now the answer is no need to choose. It's beautiful.

Not sure who could use Heavy Blade seal out of all my characters. Probably someone fast that can get huge damage off of specials that'd normally take some time to charge up. Is it only useable by melees?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
lol im kinda salty that masked marth only has falchion, so i can't even mulch one to give aether to dorcas or something

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alxprit posted:

I saw Iote's Shield seal and laughed like a madman. Earlier I was like "Do I want Iote's Shield or Triangle Adept on Spring Camilla?" but now the answer is no need to choose. It's beautiful.

Not sure who could use Heavy Blade seal out of all my characters. Probably someone fast that can get huge damage off of specials that'd normally take some time to charge up. Is it only useable by melees?

Everybody except staff users can get heavy blade

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
What is the best usage of the time trials? If I don't have time to spend stamina do I just queue up auto and get what I can out of it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kjermzs posted:

What is the best usage of the time trials? If I don't have time to spend stamina do I just queue up auto and get what I can out of it?

Auto hard 5, yes. Possibly don't have Reposition because the AI sometimes does infinite loops.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I guess I might as well give this 5* +DEF/-SPD Frederick I've had forever some skills now that he's getting some SP.

With axebreaker and Hammer+ he's probably pretty good AA fodder too with all the armors running around now.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

New Players: Go to settings and make sure you have Auto-Battle Text on Auto-Advance and Continuous Auto on On. The first one means that if your heroes level up during auto-battle, you don't have to tap to acknowledge it, and the second one means you get to go from map to map in the Tempest without having to tap your screen

E: I'd recommend Auto-Battle Button In Button Bar as well but it's not nearly the QoL improvement of the other two

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The best heavy blade seal users are brave wep ppl w/ death blow or l&d but I wish I had +atk lyn more than ever cuz at +6 with l&d (heck maybe even db with brash katti) she would hit a respectable 55 atk and be able to proc wrath lunas like nobody's biz

AverySpecialfriend fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 26, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

The best heavy blade seal users are brave wep ppl w/ death blow or l&d but I wish I had +atk lyn more than ever cuz at +6 with l&d she would hit a respectable 55 atk and be able to proc wrath lunas like nobody's biz

Brave users don't seem especially great since you can't proc a 3-turn special in two attacks even with heavy blade.

Edit: Actually Glimmer+Heavy blade might be ok. I'm going to try that on my Cherche.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Fliers can't run wrath for some highly dumb reason but I can assure u that even 2 charge wrath specials hurt like a mfer. Brave sword wrath luna chrom would pwn hard for example

Blahhh now I want a flashing blade seal so I can feel less bad about my +spd lyn qqqqqqq

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fliers can't run wrath for some highly dumb reason but I can assure u that even 2 charge wrath specials hurt like a mfer. Brave sword wrath luna chrom would pwn hard for example

Blahhh now I want a flashing blade seal so I can feel less bad about my +spd lyn qqqqqqq

I don't think Cherche really needs the extra wrath damage to kill people with a glimmer proc

Edit: Also I don't have a Nephenee

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 26, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Quick math says +atk Cherche with Deathblow 3 leaves a neutral Hector with 10 HP. Glimmer+Heavy blade kills him. Although at that point, Moonbow might be better?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Quick math says +atk Cherche with Deathblow 3 leaves a neutral Hector with 10 HP. Glimmer+Heavy blade kills him. Although at that point, Moonbow might be better?

I've been running axebreaker on her to kill heavily merged Amelias/Lissas in AA

That's worked pretty well so far.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Moonbow is just almost always gonna be better than glimmer because at the inflection where glimmer starts doing more dmg u should already be killing them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Moonbow is just almost always gonna be better than glimmer because at the inflection where glimmer starts doing more dmg u should already be killing them

That's definitely true now that I think about it a little.

Cherche only has problems with really tanky units so moonbow is definitely better.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Elyv posted:

New Players: Go to settings and make sure you have Auto-Battle Text on Auto-Advance and Continuous Auto on On. The first one means that if your heroes level up during auto-battle, you don't have to tap to acknowledge it, and the second one means you get to go from map to map in the Tempest without having to tap your screen

E: I'd recommend Auto-Battle Button In Button Bar as well but it's not nearly the QoL improvement of the other two

Also don't be like me and forget you can change how long it takes for your screen to time out. :downs:

Have they said anything about the new banner yet? I haven't even messed around with blessings at all yet.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Heavy Blade Cherche definitely intrigues me. I have a +atk 4*+10 Brave Axe Cherche with DB3.

She has Bonfire right now, but would Ignis be better for Heavy Blade shenanigans?

Or I guess folks were saying Moonbow? Sell me on that. I have never been in a position where I could even consider Heavy Blade builds.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

im gonna be the guy who gives Ike the heavy blade seal so he can have Fury as well

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Silver Falcon posted:

Heavy Blade Cherche definitely intrigues me. I have a +atk 4*+10 Brave Axe Cherche with DB3.

She has Bonfire right now, but would Ignis be better for Heavy Blade shenanigans?

Or I guess folks were saying Moonbow? Sell me on that. I have never been in a position where I could even consider Heavy Blade builds.

Moonbow adds 6-12 damage so it helps a bit every combat, especially against high def greens. Glimmer might be marginally better on pve content where everyone has 60+ hp, but it's marginal.

Ignis should pretty much guarantee a kill on your second combat; only a super-tanky red will survive, and they'll still be pretty banged up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Murderion posted:

Moonbow adds 6-12 damage so it helps a bit every combat, especially against high def greens. Glimmer might be marginally better on pve content where everyone has 60+ hp, but it's marginal.

Ignis should pretty much guarantee a kill on your second combat; only a super-tanky red will survive, and they'll still be pretty banged up.

I don't think Ignis will do much compared to bonfire/draconic aura though. Not very many things survive a special proc from cherche.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna put heavy blade on lilina

She'll still suck but nobody can say she doesn't have enough atk for it

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Woooot brazen atk/spd for lyn heck Yea boiiiii

Considering switching to atk katti if I wanna play w heavy blade shenanigans cuz that's let's see 28+16+2+2+7(+2 if I summoner support her which I might) = 57 atk and 49 spd before any buffs which is probably good enough to proc luna on most the cast w/ heavy blade

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Andrast posted:

I guess I might as well give this 5* +DEF/-SPD Frederick I've had forever some skills now that he's getting some SP.

With axebreaker and Hammer+ he's probably pretty good AA fodder too with all the armors running around now.

I just got the same thing and want to build him as hammer++ Def. What skills should he inherit? I just want to use him as a cheap tool against the AI.

I wish I would have rolled on the Christmas.banner instead and gotten two green chroma or whatever instead, but one as chasing the dragon and got royally punked by the gatcha.

Washout fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 26, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Washout posted:

I just got the same thing and want to build him as hammer++ Def. What skills should he inherit? I just want to use him as a cheap tool against the AI.

Generally Frederick is built like Cherche, so Brave Axe+, DB3, cavalry buff, and whatever

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Gonna be fun seeing Heavy Blade Miracle Reinhardts in arena. As long as he can survive the first counter attack the second one will trigger miracle and he will get WoM danced.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

KnoxZone posted:

Gonna be fun seeing Heavy Blade Miracle Reinhardts in arena. As long as he can survive the first counter attack the second one will trigger miracle and he will get WoM danced.

Delete this post from existence

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

That's hilarious

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Once again the real problem is wom

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

KnoxZone posted:

I can't understand this post.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Washout posted:

I can't understand this post.

Reinhardt with this build:

Dire Thunder
flex
Miracle
Death Blow 3
flex
flex
Heavy Blade 3

Will trigger Miracle against most opponents after taking one counter attack. Normally not OHKOing him is fine because everybody double him, but Miracle allows him to survive the second counter as well. Then a dancer with Wings of Mercy can teleport over to him, dance him, and ruin your day

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
U can always throw guard on ur rein counters I guess

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

KnoxZone posted:

Quote for true be the change

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I ain't scared of NO rein huff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think Fae OHKOs Reinhardt and while she could run Guard and still counter Rein fine she really needs QR for everything else

If that build becomes popular I hope IS finally pulls the trigger on loving over wom