Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Is this the only thing pew pew between rocks for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Whew. Been busy guys, what did I miss?

Deadlines, mostly

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

radd posted:

Given that the review says that the woman who played Xanthippe's friend was the only other decent actor, and the only other woman in the cast is Sandi, the review is complimenting Sandi's acting.

Sandi's a woman?!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sandi's a woman?!

No it isn't stop FUDing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mangoose posted:

Now, that's just loving insulting.

:science: : We built a concept for a new rover to actually explore another planet!
:smug: : Looks like we have some competition. We too build concepts for a lovely game set in space that's never coming out.

I mean to be fair that rover was outsourced to a lovely third-party company, is held together with spit and masking tape, and is never expected to do anything other than look cool, so the similarities are pretty striking.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/872328244925779968

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

What computer should I buy to play Star Citizen?

Just doing my bit for the cause.

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017
In the last 6 years, the RSI has dominated four studios, which it has united into one devzone, CIG. The RSI has origins from the Kickstarter Development in which a bunch of hopefuls and has-beens tried to ride the nostalgia train to riches. All studios except for the RSI swore reasonable development time upon their backers. There is no financial accountability in the RSI, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful mocap procedures, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with donuts and candy. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The development they have caused is so bad, the game models would freeze in a tense T-position. They would then clip through the floor afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the RSI is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their space jet nipples will be subjected parping around in space without a space suit. Offenders would also be forced to show their parps on youtube to soothing tunes and dulcet tones, and furthermore.

Otherwise, backerss would be dazed with the worst type of development in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness all over the Reddits. The development time would also triple every second, but no 3.0 would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all whale unit forces must buy more ships to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in RSI grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being forced to stick weapons through their heads, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands stretching out like rubber, flight races would end with the losers having to play the actual module, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves waiting for RSI to gently caress up, which also causes madness if the content isn't fed to the locusts. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Weekly reports are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdering their lines just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into team meeting and waved hands at haphazardly. Any film that does not feature some kind of a fuckup will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All weekly reports are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will not miss much. All citizens must boo to the presenters and try to spot flaws in the green screen, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot stop watching, but they will also feel pretty bored.

Forums by this RSI will be razed, and all the posts archived in the same way as their release dates are. The records are then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from reddit minds. Promises are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Employees undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the Big Bennys refactoring. All employees injected with Bennys are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some employees are also subjected to the removal of hope, future, free time and even the dreaded mocap. Employees sentenced to Wing Commander archiving are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the RSI with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a ban. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, which is getting a refund. They then invest in other amazing Kickstarters that will doubtlessly be equally successful.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the office space of this sickening company.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean to be fair that rover was outsourced to a lovely third-party company, is held together with spit and masking tape, and is never expected to do anything other than look cool, so the similarities are pretty striking.

OK, but I mean... NASA is operating on a smaller budget

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Baxta posted:

I'm legitimately upset there isnt more of this.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012
Weekly reports are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdering their lines just for entertainment. 

:roflolmao:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

beep_boop posted:

Is moma still around? I found a new kickstarter with his name all over it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/558020652/selfiefeet-20-use-your-feetto-take-the-perfect-sel?ref=category

Get in on the ground level boys!

I wonder what makes people start crowdfunding when 1000 pounds is the goal. Can't most people capable of developing a product, save up for such an amount in a year?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beexoffel posted:

I wonder what makes people start crowdfunding when 1000 pounds is the goal. Can't most people capable of developing a product, save up for such an amount in a year?

Looks like they already have the molds and design, so this is basically a pre-order. That's why the gate is so low.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Will we see Starfield in E3?

Highly unlikely, but it would be nice.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Godmode Enabled fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 7, 2017

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sleep lightly... or, more safely, not at all.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like they already have the molds and design, so this is basically a pre-order. That's why the gate is so low.

I used to think crowdfunding was to buy the means of production to implement a fully planned product. Like, one has a design, an idea, just not the money to make it.
But now I get it's either of two things: no idea and no plan, or a full design and production infrastructure just needing some more advertising.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beexoffel posted:

I used to think crowdfunding was to buy the means of production to implement a fully planned product. Like, one has a design, an idea, just not the money to make it.
But now I get it's either of two things: no idea and no plan, or a full design and production infrastructure just needing some more advertising.

It turns out that people will buy anything.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Beexoffel posted:

It's really not a bad idea.

If you throw an idea on kickstarter you can gauge interest and get free advertising but if you make it and start selling on Amazon you're 1 new product among Millions.

Hell, searching just "selfie" was 141,700 results. How many people would look for a goofy foot one without already knowing about it?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

This is a really good article: The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda's Troubled Five-Year Development

Especially when you change Andromeda to Star Citizen and Bioware to CIG

:allears:

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

I hate SC, therefore I'm Derek Smart.

And furthermore.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Polygon has an article up on What to Expect in the 2017 PC Gaming Show.

Star Citizen is nowhere to be found.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I expect it to be at least 75% as embarrassing as the last 2 PC Gaming shows.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I mean, he's not totally wrong about the weird citation method that that oldschoolcmdr was using is exactly like our dear warlords. I feel like outside of academia those two are the only ones I've ever seen on the internet cite things like that. I noticed it too!

Reveal yourself oldschoolcmdr!!!!!

But other than that just lol at that nonsense

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ramadu posted:

I mean, he's not totally wrong about the weird citation method that that oldschoolcmdr was using is exactly like our dear warlords. I feel like outside of academia those two are the only ones I've ever seen on the internet cite things like that. I noticed it too!

Reveal yourself oldschoolcmdr!!!!!

But other than that just lol at that nonsense

Is that why I didn't react to the citation style and was wondering what on Earth they were on about? :science:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
7 billion people on planet Earth but I know these two accounts are the exact same person because:

1. They write July Blog-length responses
2. They are critical of a videogame
3. Cite things in a similar fashion

GOTTEM!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

7 billion people on planet Earth but I know these two accounts are the exact same person because:

Because only one person out of those 7 billion could possibly have concerns about Star Citizen

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Daztek posted:

This is a really good article: The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda's Troubled Five-Year Development

Especially when you change Andromeda to Star Citizen and Bioware to CIG

:allears:

quote:

Designing the large maps of Andromeda’s planets became a struggle on Frostbite, where the maximum size of a map was initially 100 by 100 kilometers. The Andromeda team needed their maps to be way bigger than that.

Jesus loving Christ. 10,000 square kilometres for one map and it wasn't enough. Nothing in Mass Effect 1-3 suggests you need maps 1% that size. That was some real CIG thinking.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

People pay top dollar for such quality detective work where I live.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Crobbler jumped ship from AMD to Intel, and now Intel is making GBS threads the bed and AMD is putting out a killer processor. Crobbler has the reverse Midas touch.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Deathsquid posted:

In the last 6 years, the RSI has dominated four studios, which it has united into one devzone, CIG. The RSI has origins from the Kickstarter Development in which a bunch of hopefuls and has-beens tried to ride the nostalgia train to riches. All studios except for the RSI swore reasonable development time upon their backers. There is no financial accountability in the RSI, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful mocap procedures, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with donuts and candy. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The development they have caused is so bad, the game models would freeze in a tense T-position. They would then clip through the floor afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the RSI is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their space jet nipples will be subjected parping around in space without a space suit. Offenders would also be forced to show their parps on youtube to soothing tunes and dulcet tones, and furthermore.

Otherwise, backerss would be dazed with the worst type of development in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness all over the Reddits. The development time would also triple every second, but no 3.0 would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all whale unit forces must buy more ships to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in RSI grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being forced to stick weapons through their heads, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands stretching out like rubber, flight races would end with the losers having to play the actual module, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves waiting for RSI to gently caress up, which also causes madness if the content isn't fed to the locusts. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Weekly reports are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdering their lines just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into team meeting and waved hands at haphazardly. Any film that does not feature some kind of a fuckup will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All weekly reports are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will not miss much. All citizens must boo to the presenters and try to spot flaws in the green screen, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot stop watching, but they will also feel pretty bored.

Forums by this RSI will be razed, and all the posts archived in the same way as their release dates are. The records are then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from reddit minds. Promises are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Employees undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the Big Bennys refactoring. All employees injected with Bennys are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some employees are also subjected to the removal of hope, future, free time and even the dreaded mocap. Employees sentenced to Wing Commander archiving are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the RSI with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a ban. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, which is getting a refund. They then invest in other amazing Kickstarters that will doubtlessly be equally successful.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the office space of this sickening company.

This guy gets it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is this trash heap really headed to any sort of testing soon?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

kilus aof posted:

Jesus loving Christ. 10,000 square kilometres for one map and it wasn't enough. Nothing in Mass Effect 1-3 suggests you need maps 1% that size. That was some real CIG thinking.

That can't be right, it's gotta be 10x10... right?

100x100 km2 is literally Iceland

e: math:downs:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 7, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It should have started testing patience a long time ago but citizens are basically job.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

We have confirmation that Avocado testing of 3.0 is starting far before mid-year. So;

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

I sure hope so. Something terrible needs to happen soon to breathe some fresh air into the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010