Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012

T-man posted:

He appears to have probed himself for like 10 minutes or something with nothing on his rap sheet, i assume the egg bug thing is related.

Being the op of a gassed thread gets you an auto 15 minute probe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

i think he added it manually and gassed his own thread

so it was an elaborate prank? what a dickhead

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Yinlock posted:

so it was an elaborate prank? what a dickhead

no no my bad. he just hosed up his autoban and people assumed his last listed rap sheet entry was that. hes just a stupid poo poo head with a dumb boat not a prankster

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

no no my bad. he just hosed up his autoban and people assumed his last listed rap sheet entry was that. hes just a stupid poo poo head with a dumb boat not a prankster

that's somehow even more pathetic than a prank

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
burt, laying in a lounge chair on his boat, looking up into the sky wondering where it all went wrong

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

exiling myself from the island but the boat is still tied to the dock and i have to awkwardly float back and untie it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJ5f1JMKns

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

how did they fit

i don't know

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

burt, laying in a lounge chair on his boat, looking up into the sky wondering where it all went wrong

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
how did it take 20 years to get rid of this dumbass

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

“Welp, I’m cancelled.”

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Blaziken386 posted:

the early admins and coders liked lowtax and 20 years of mods choosing mods and a not very good modding outlook developing made it hard for anyone to out him or remember he existed when he wasn't being terrible

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

it really only took like 8 but no one thought 'lets just be real mean to him and have a bitcoin nerd buy him out' until now

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Blaziken386 posted:

He owned the web site

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
technically we haven't gotten rid of him yet

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So a couple mods in QCS's "what did mods know and when did they know it" thread mentioned offsite mod discussion, clarified as Discord. I think the general line has been that mods mostly keep stuff on-site, so I'm curious as to what it means.

Just sending over info on mod stuff, gonna ask more questions once my dumb 6 min QCS timer ends.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

it's funny seeing folks go "well yeah i saw the LC entries and obviously lowtax was gonna ban people for calling him a wifebeater" as if there was nothing at all alarming about it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Blaziken386 posted:

much like how tut-tutting woke libs actually dont want to upset the status quo and infact love it, they're comfortable and have comfy positions that they don't really want to give up but want to pretend like they're good moral people as they work for Big Advertising/Plantir/jpmorgan/google/facebook/apple/etc so they change their profile to a black square or buy rainbow-pride goods. the mods are the same way and didnt want to rock the boat and upset their own position of power over people by risking doing anything against the status quo. I actually dont think regular goons should feel bad about buying AVs or whatever in the past: people like to cling onto their community and people they know and very easy to subconsciously rationalize some bad poo poo away or pretend its not a big deal, esp if other 'leaders' are not worrying.

and also he owns the site and was pretty much absentee for 95% of it. out of sight, out of mind. the ashli stuff should have been a big wakeup call really but that was mostly suppressed and people wanted to believe the suppression because it's like, where would most of them go?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just want mods and admins to be held accountable and i feel like that's not a big ask

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Asema posted:

i just want mods and admins to be held accountable and i feel like that's not a big ask

The history of the forums is that the only things that get a mod actually removed are a beaten or hosed kid and there is no reason to expect that will ever change. Lowtax was a problem but he was not The problem.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Asema posted:

Lol where have you been the past 6 months

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Asema posted:

welcome to forums dot something awful dot com

e: i also offer to take over for burt, reene, jeffery or anyone else who gets the boot if and only if they actually get demod'd.

T-man fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 27, 2020

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Asema posted:

Oh my sweet summer child

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Asema posted:

lmao

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thwe mods constantly talk about how being a moderator is a thankless unpaid boring task that they hate but they only ever step down when people compile dossiers of their sex crimes

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
*looks at thread title*

rename c-spam "the eye of terror," tia :getin:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I didn't want to poo poo in this guy's cheerios or detract from the energy of the thread so I'm posting this here because can't stop laughing at this series of words

isk posted:

You want to know what a proper apology is? Go to a loving Jimmy John's.

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
I'm glad that in such harrowing times, I got to see this really happen

Praying for a canticle for leibowitz style future and where someone finds a print out of the phrase "the internet makes you stupid"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Do you think that one detective is out to get him, or were they just doing the bare minimum in calling his victim to describe resources available to victims of abuse?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Farm Frenzy posted:

thwe mods constantly talk about how being a moderator is a thankless unpaid boring task that they hate but they only ever step down when people compile dossiers of their sex crimes

I mean good mods tend to step down when they think they hosed up or won't support bad mods (see op). It's the bad ones than never leave willingly.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Do you think that one detective is out to get him, or were they just doing the bare minimum in calling his victim to describe resources available to victims of abuse?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

they were posting

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that qcs thread is terrible and largely amounts to a bunch of "At the time I had Reasons for ignoring it, Good Reasons, and so I did."

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prester Jane posted:

yup, that naive little Nazi thinks that he can handle inserting himself into the middle of Lowtax's meltdown.

Lol

lmao you’re an artist with words, PJ.

PJ for admin

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

could also just be a kiwi farms lunatic

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Oh Snapple! posted:

that qcs thread is terrible and largely amounts to a bunch of "At the time I had Reasons for ignoring it, Good Reasons, and so I did."

I'm really curious about this mod discord, if it wasn't a general invite to all mods or only some mods were on there I don't think speaks well of how moderation happens.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

they were posting

Wait, what?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

qcs is terrible

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

T-man posted:

I'm really curious about this mod discord, if it wasn't a general invite to all mods or only some mods were on there I don't think speaks well of how moderation happens.

It was open to all mods, although not all mods joined. As a general rule, the mods of the most active forums joined, while the mods of the very small or niche forums did not.

So if you were planning to throw a riot in Goon Doctor, yeah he doesn't know poo poo nor does he care.