Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

The Merkinman posted:

that's literally not true

It literally is. For as long as we have had a modern English language it was used that way, from Fitzgerald, Bronte, and many more well respected speakers and writers of the English language.

https://stancarey.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/literally-centuries-of-non-literal-literally/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Kharmakazy posted:

It literally is. For as long as we have had a modern English language it was used that way, from Fitzgerald, Bronte, and many more well respected speakers and writers of the English language.

https://stancarey.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/literally-centuries-of-non-literal-literally/

It was meant to be a joke how 'literally' isn't 'literally'.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:thejoke,literally:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Merkinman posted:

It was meant to be a joke how 'literally' isn't 'literally'.

but it's not meaningless, the other meaning for it is basically the same as "figuratively," and something being figuratively not true isn't the same as it being actually not true

e: lol of course I'm in the funny pics thread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Whooping Crabs posted:

Uh Yoda dies in Return of the Jedi

Nuh uh, he becomes one with the living force and gains the ability to cast Thundaga.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Sardonik posted:

Nuh uh, he becomes one with the living force and gains the ability to cast Thundaga.

he died casting a meteo

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

nerdz posted:

he died casting a meteo

And there was nothing that swindling, spoony bard could do about it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
loving spoilers thanks assholes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

This is a pretty normal way of weighing things/beings that are hard to put on a weight and you dont need like six sigma precision. weigh yourself with & without, subtract yourself.

also i wanna lift a baby giraffe some day, that goes on the bucket list

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

This is a pretty normal way of weighing things/beings that are hard to put on a weight and you dont need like six sigma precision. weigh yourself with & without, subtract yourself.

also i wanna lift a baby giraffe some day, that goes on the bucket list

My partner has informed me it's also the more sensible, cleaner way to weigh your poops

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bike tory posted:

My partner has informed me it's also the more sensible, cleaner way to weigh your poops

lmao, that makes a lot of sense

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That's the whole point of a bathroom scale.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

bike tory posted:

You weigh yourself holding the poo?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gripweed posted:

You weigh yourself holding the poo?

You poo poo while weighing yourself?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I weigh pieces of poo poo for breakfast

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

When I was 5 I would avoid drinking anything right before peeing because then it would be useless, it would clearly just go right through me. Probably I was the same about food but I don't remember that.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

bike tory posted:

That's uh, very evocative actually. Do they.

Do they pick up their poops to weigh them and how loving big are they actually????

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I weigh myself holding the poop, then weigh myself without, then subtract myself

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's the second most accurate way of weighing your poop (second only to an underwater weighing test)

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Data Graham posted:

It's the second most accurate way of weighing your poop (second only to an underwater weighing test)

Does anyone have the post saved about the goon who had to go to the doctor with his sister and get a water test done due to both of them being really fat. He even describes how he hasn't bathed in forever and figured since he was getting in the water, he could forgoe it a bit longer.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

youknowthatoneguy posted:

Does anyone have the post saved about the goon who had to go to the doctor with his sister and get a water test done due to both of them being really fat. He even describes how he hasn't bathed in forever and figured since he was getting in the water, he could forgoe it a bit longer.

Sorry the text is tiny:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

1. Weigh yourself.
2. Poop.
3. Weigh yourself again.
4. Eat the poop.
5. Weigh yourself a third time for accuracy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You oval office loving monkey

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Sorry the text is tiny:

I incorrectly remembered the details of this, but it's still just as good.

Thanks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/CharoShane/status/1099005205868437505

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A classic

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:wtc:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the napa valley tour proved too much for Margaret and so she has been banned from the state of California

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Why is she channeling Trump?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
why does anyone really?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Margaret would ask to speak with the manager in an ICE Detention Center.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Huge amounts of the Chicagoland area are Polish. You can drive on Milwaukee and once you get out of Wicker Park it's all Polish businesses through the first ring of suburbs.

Or is it :thejoke: with all the German-language states?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Admiralty Flag posted:

Or is it :thejoke: with all the German-language states?

nailed it

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Germany is invading Poland you weirdos

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Sorry the text is tiny:

Here’s a link to the original version. https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wow-i-cannot-believe-my-mom-stooped-so-low.136316639/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Mods? I thought this image was forbidden?