Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I just thought it was boring and also found myself wanting Stephen Dillane to be Agamemnon every time Agamemnon was on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

feedmyleg posted:

Jeez, I'd head you nonsense-peddlers vehemently recommend Hap and Leonard before but I didn't pay any attention based on its dumb title. Stumbled upon the plot description today and it seems right up my alley. Why didn't you people try harder?

I mean, you were ignoring a show starring Michael Kenneth Williams and Domenic Purefoy based on novels written by the guy who wrote Bubba Ho Tep. What could I say beyond that? Christina Hendricks is all sultry? Jimmi Simpson is all weird? Its first season is six episodes and on Netflix so anyone who likes any of those things should sit down some night and give it a look.

Now that S3 is finished I can binge it this weekend.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
In the new Troy, is Achilles killed by an arrow through the chest, or do they do that 1st century AD heel fanfic bullshit?

Also, on the third episode of Hard Sun. It is schlocky but fun for sure. Feels more coherent tonally than Luther did.

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working
I just spent 30 minutes watching Lost in Space thinking wow - they really laid the "retro reboot" feel on thick with this show - also, Gary Oldman, Matt Leblanc, why have I not heard about this?!

... yea, need to be more careful with Netflix search results.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gary Oldman is a loving delight in that movie. He leaves no scenery unchewed.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TVIV REALLY needs to bring back the Tosh.0 threads.

I’m watching the episode where Tosh interviews the possum opossum lady and holy poo poo.

EDIT: There’s a thing called “Nutscapes” that appears to have been inspired by Wayne Gretzky.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 13, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a friendly reminder for everyone loving Santa Clarita Diet that the creator of the show, Victor Fresco, was also behind the very excellent Better off Ted. (also the absolutely amazing Andy Richter Controls the Universe)

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

False posted:

I just spent 30 minutes watching Lost in Space thinking wow - they really laid the "retro reboot" feel on thick with this show - also, Gary Oldman, Matt Leblanc, why have I not heard about this?!

... yea, need to be more careful with Netflix search results.

I mean Matt LeBlanc looks good for his age but not 20 years ago good

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Digital Jedi posted:

Don't forget what's his name bringing his now not dead girlfriend into the time machine hideout exposing her to the biggest secret of all time like it's not big deal.

On the other hand, I appreciate them basically going "gently caress the rules" this season (presumably now that they're a rogue outfit). From bringing in a random civilian to inspiring Hedy Lamarr to quit acting and become some kind of early Bill Gates to flat out stopping the Salem Witch Trials (retconning the phrase "witch hunt" out of existence) , I was hoping season 1 would be more of that kind of thing considering the series premiered with them saving the Hindenburg. Of course, it's a bit silly that they keep making big changes like this but the rest of history remains largely the same anyway.

Also I think the show is at their best when they team up with a historical figure to save or defeat another historical figure, the peak being when they teamed up with Houdini to take down HH Holmes.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Okay so Lost In Space seems cool but I have no loving clue who this show is supposed to be targeted at. It’s all over the place in terms of age appeal.

Edit: Just to expand on this a little, it seems way too slow and at times grim for kids, it feels a little too young for teens who want gritty teen poo poo and I'm not sure there's enough depth there so far for the older crowd. There are going to be so many clickbait titles about this series being "lost".

J33uk fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 13, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's targeted to me that's for sure. I'm down like a clown Charlie B....Brown

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sitcoms are good right now. A.P. Bio, LA To Vegas, and Superstore are very enjoyable, B99 has had some real highlights since returning, New Girl is doing a victory lap, The Last OG with Tracy Morgan is promising, Brockmire is back in less than 2 weeks......and of course Atlanta is the best thing on TV every drat week

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Just watched the season finale of Hap and Leonard talk about a gut punch. A worrying sign is there was no little hint for the next season like the last two. Have to say I've felt satisfied with the previous season finale but this one left quite a few questions. Maybe I'll have to give the books a go to find out what happens

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
There sure are a lot of mysterious elements to new Lost in Space. Where is Cpt. Flint's coat? How exactly did the worms swim through ice? Where is the coat?

I take it the diamond storm is a once in hundred year event, since there would be no trees surely. The survivors of the Intrepid or whatever are seriously unlucky.

Collateral fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 13, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Collateral posted:

There sure are a lot of mysterious elements to new Lost in Space. Where is Cpt. Flint's coat? How exactly did the worms swim through ice? Where is the coat?

I take it the diamond storm is a once in hundred year event, since there would be no trees surely. The survivors of the Intrepid or whatever are seriously unlucky.

I'm embarrassed to say didn't realise it was him without the coat. He's got a pretty sweet Henley though. The widow Garret sure looks the same.

I love how Captain Robinson is constantly getting emasculated.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 13, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Does she have savage pits

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone know the cheapest way to buy a Roku or Chromecast? I'm sick and tired of having to wait Legion eps randomly even tho I have FX b/c I have a lovely PS3.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Killing Eve is great and like the the 1st season of Unreal it will definitely leave me super disappointed in all the male romantic leads for Villanelle and Eve and hope they kiss instead.

written by the lead and writer for Fleabag, last year's most unappreciated show!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
OK I'm just skipping every scene with Smith in it. The whole setup with her is just very very bad. She isn't a buffoon the way Falstaff is, or comically villainous the way Baltar is. What purpose to plot does she serve if the Robot is the enemy (possibly) within, and the planet is the main danger?

I know the answer is that there was a Dr. Smith in the original, and he was a villain, but they needed some kind of narrative tension in the original because everything else was made of cardboard, this is a different beast.

Did they fall into a wormhole? I don't think there are any star systems between us and AC. Why don't they just stay there? Oh right, blackhole.

Collateral fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 13, 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Alan Cumming's American sounds flawless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_qjLhtA74

Idris Elba blows him out of the water. I can still hear the weird muffling noise that happens when Brits attempt being American.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm on the fence about the show. There's quite a few things I like but some things I don't. My biggest problem is there's nothing I actually love. Other than maybe some of the vehicle designs. And I've had a weakness for the widow garrett for a while now.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm on the fence about the show. There's quite a few things I like but some things I don't. My biggest problem is there's nothing I actually love. Other than maybe some of the vehicle designs. And I've had a weakness for the widow garrett for a while now.

The suit design is straight out of Prometheus.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've always liked Emily Blunt's American accent the rare times she has to do one.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

esperterra posted:

Gary Oldman is a loving delight in that movie. He leaves no scenery unchewed.

Possibly the only positive thing I could say about that turd.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That, and as a young lesbian Lacey Chabert in that movie was A Moment. Oh isn't Heather Graham in it, too?

I watched that horrid movie a lot as a kid lmao

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shageletic posted:

Anyone know the cheapest way to buy a Roku or Chromecast? I'm sick and tired of having to wait Legion eps randomly even tho I have FX b/c I have a lovely PS3.

I paid something like $30 for the latest gen roku express on amazon for a spare bedroom and find it decent. Mainly use the xfinity app and Plex, but seems smooth enough to me. Works better on networks that require additional logins (hotels etc) which my Apple TV doesn’t, so it’s a good travel device too.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

^^^^

Good to know.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Possibly the only positive thing I could say about that turd.

I liked the suit thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBG5QN9IGFk

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Shageletic posted:

Idris Elba blows him out of the water. I can still hear the weird muffling noise that happens when Brits attempt being American.

You should watch Molly's Game because his accent is terrible now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz4uskvbmoU

Alan Cumming still sounds great in his new lovely CBS cop show

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Alan Cumming rules.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

Best Buy frequently has CC's on sale.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Argue posted:

On the other hand, I appreciate them basically going "gently caress the rules" this season (presumably now that they're a rogue outfit). From bringing in a random civilian to inspiring Hedy Lamarr to quit acting and become some kind of early Bill Gates to flat out stopping the Salem Witch Trials (retconning the phrase "witch hunt" out of existence) , I was hoping season 1 would be more of that kind of thing considering the series premiered with them saving the Hindenburg. Of course, it's a bit silly that they keep making big changes like this but the rest of history remains largely the same anyway.

Also I think the show is at their best when they team up with a historical figure to save or defeat another historical figure, the peak being when they teamed up with Houdini to take down HH Holme.

I'm not too bothered by it because I'm sure more time shenanigans will probably change things again. It's just a general thing that you shouldn't bring people to your secret base especially if they offer nothing to help with.

I am waiting to see what big changes will happen in history since most things have been fairly small.

That was a fun episode with Houdini and Holmes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

I'm embarrassed to say didn't realise it was him without the coat. He's got a pretty sweet Henley though. The widow Garret sure looks the same.

I love how Captain Robinson is constantly getting emasculated.

All male TV protagonists must wear a henley.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Escobarbarian posted:

Sitcoms are good right now. A.P. Bio, LA To Vegas, and Superstore are very enjoyable, B99 has had some real highlights since returning, New Girl is doing a victory lap, The Last OG with Tracy Morgan is promising, Brockmire is back in less than 2 weeks......and of course Atlanta is the best thing on TV every drat week

The Mick's willingness to do hilariously brutal violence to its cast at the drop of the hat is amazing and never stop being funny. Some of the biggest, hardest laughs I've had this year have come from it, like Chip casually slicing all his finger tips off while making a sandwich or their great aunt blowing herself up by smoking while hooked up to an oxygen tank .

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

You should watch Molly's Game because his accent is terrible now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz4uskvbmoU

Alan Cumming still sounds great in his new lovely CBS cop show

The gently caress?!? What happened....

And Chromecast has FX Now? I just want to see the shows I pay for dammit!!!

e: I play bass so I'm gonna make a music reference, but often when I don't know what I'm doing or haven't really studied something before playing it, I cheat by playing a note long or just generally obscuring my part. Instead of preciseness, I'm trying to follow the drummer without mucking up the song.

That's what the marble mouthed accents of alot of Brits playing Americans sounds like to me (like Dr. Strange). Obscuring the preciseness of an exact accent by surrounding it with more noise.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 13, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Guy Mann posted:

The Mick's willingness to do hilariously brutal violence to its cast at the drop of the hat is amazing and never stop being funny. Some of the biggest, hardest laughs I've had this year have come from it, like Chip casually slicing all his finger tips off while making a sandwich or their great aunt blowing herself up by smoking while hooked up to an oxygen tank .

:rip: Jimmy's rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

The Matriarch (second spoilered episode) is some great television. Even if you don't watch The Mick. I really love it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Started Lost in Space, 10 minutes in and Papa Robinson is kind of lovely father.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

esperterra posted:

Alan Cumming rules.

Is his new show good though?. The premise sounds pretty meh and it's a crime show on CBS...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Rhyno posted:

Started Lost in Space, 10 minutes in and Papa Robinson is kind of lovely father.

Wasn't that the character though? I thought he was supposed to be a figure that is so work focused he sacrifices time with family for the mission/work. Or is he a whole other level of bad and abusive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

swickles posted:

Wasn't that the character though? I thought he was supposed to be a figure that is so work focused he sacrifices time with family for the mission/work. Or is he a whole other level of bad and abusive?

I guess that's what he's supposed to be. If he doesn't have some sort of reverse douche turn at some point it might make it hard to enjoy the series.