Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

No question that they should be in the HOF. That's a no-brainer.

Did Matt burn bridges? I can't remember his last departure from WWE; I just remember the fun times like MVP best friends/enemies storyline.

The WWE will forgive drug related insanity if there's money to be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Phenix Rising posted:

Did Matt burn bridges? I can't remember his last departure from WWE; I just remember the fun times like MVP best friends/enemies storyline.

He was being p self-destructive due to drugs.. nothing worse than what dozens of guys have reconciled with WWE over.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i like the hardyz and would love to see them out of TNA and back into something cool

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'd love to see Hardys vs. Young Bucks on a big stage

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I wouldnt mind seeing jeff and matt in ROH, if only to watch Jeff take even more dangerous bumps onto things.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Matt utterly melting down and his firing was one of the best thread ever made in PSP.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

i like the hardyz and would love to see them out of TNA and back into something cool

Dave was saying a few months ago that ROH wants to bring them in to work against the Bucks (maybe another team as well iirc)on their Anniversary show, don't know if that's still possible or not.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mecca ate up the half page ad:

quote:

- It's the season premiere of Impact Wrestling on Destination America tonight at 9PM EST (6PM PST for our West Coast readers) and quite frankly, it feels like the new era officially begins tonight. At least that's what Destination America wants us to think with their continuous advertisements for tonight's show. But they've been advertising tonight's Impact as the season premiere since early December so it's obvious that this was their plan all along. And a good plan it's been...with constant ads on Destination America, in fact there was an ad for Impact during almost every commercial break. This week, Discovery joined in with a promotional blitz that saw commercials for TNA on networks such as USA (during WWE RAW), the ESPN networks, NBA TV and more as well as an ad in yesterday's USA Today. Incidentally, that was a half page ad. Let me repeat, a half page ad in USA Today. I'd say that Discovery Communications have advertised Impact more and to a broader audience in one week than SpikeTV did in several years. Let's also keep in mind that SpikeTV's era featured legendary wrestling icons such as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, and others and they never seemed willing to go that extra mile for TNA. In comparison, Discovery has much less star power to work with yet it hasn't stopped them from featuring the likes of Austin Aries and Bobby Roode in a newspaper which vies with the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times as having the widest circulation in the United States. All this money and support from Discovery for a network that reaches about half of SpikeTV's households is an indication that they have faith that TNA's brand awareness, beyond that of the Nielsen's families, will grow that of Destination America's. This is not about Nielsen's ratings, folks. This is about Destination America growing into a major cable channel, which will give Discovery more leverage when it's time to negotiate a new deal with cable and satellite providers.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"It's not about ratings, it's about growing the channel"

um

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

LET ME REPEAT, A HALF PAGE AD IN USA TODAY :pcgaming:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The lack of an Impact thread is pretty telling. I can't remember if anything funny from the tapings happens this week.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

The lack of an Impact thread is pretty telling. I can't remember if anything funny from the tapings happens this week.

Its pretty much a continuation of the trainwreck TNA had become before Spike dropped them, which is funny in of itself.

They haven't learned a loving thing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Magnus's answer to whether he would go to WWE makes TNA sound so second rate:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0116/588581/magnus-interview-iii/

Like something an EVOLVE or ROH guy would say. Zero pretense TNA is a competitive number two promotion.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Wrestling In The Dark

What the gently caress are they going to do for a venue?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

rovert posted:

Magnus's answer to whether he would go to WWE makes TNA sound so second rate:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0116/588581/magnus-interview-iii/

Like something an EVOLVE or ROH guy would say. Zero pretense TNA is a competitive number two promotion.

He basically got knocked down from the top in favor of Lashley, right? So he's probably a bit miffed on that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha, the canned cheers.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Welp, morbid curiosity made me tune in. It's really sad to see how much of the crowd is covered by darkness.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Answers Me posted:

So who's going to be the first to die in a TNA ring, Hardy or Angle or Samoa Joe's dignity?

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
The Hardy/Wolves match was pretty good. Although Matt's gut was really distracting.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Put a little effort in, Brodus, geez

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
No GDT?
Oh boy.

Did I miss anything?

I was too busy watching the Sixers win!

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!

SylvainMustach posted:

No GDT?
Oh boy.

Did I miss anything?

Matt Hardy is kind of fat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The stream I was watching died. And there aren't any others.

Nobody cares about TNA enough to stream it.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

RagingHematoma posted:

Matt Hardy is kind of fat.

wasn't he on the heavier side at the last taping? or did he put on weight?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

A combination of boredom and insomnia led me to check the advertising rates for USA Today to see how much they spent on the advert. The 2015 rates aren't available yet, so going off last years number the base cost of the half page colour ad with national circulation was $129,500 for the single day. Assuming from their placement in the paper they didn't pay any additional hidden surcharge on top of that.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I stopped watching before Lashley went to TNA so...did he always looked so indifferent?

Hahaha it just ends

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 17, 2015

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
I really liked Matt Hardy in his last RoH run.

Has going back to TNA hosed him up again? I'm not going to watch to find out.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I'd like the Hardyz to both be surprise entrants to a Rumble (no one would expect BOTH), but other than that, they can just stick to taking money from smaller promotions.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

stuck :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is a taped, post-produced television show. Given that, why did they have Angle/Joe start during the break and join it in progress? That's barely excusable on a live show but on a taped one?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is a taped, post-produced television show. Given that, why did they have Angle/Joe start during the break and join it in progress? That's barely excusable on a live show but on a taped one?
Well you see, TNA is stupid and bad. Hope that was helpful.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh, bother

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bro, you got to make it look natural. Fights could start AT ANY TIME! when your audience knows that, they'll be glued to their screens so they don't miss a goddamn second of action. Total. Nonstop action. It writes itself!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blasmeister posted:

Bro, you got to make it look natural. Fights could start AT ANY TIME! when your audience knows that, they'll be glued to their screens so they don't miss a goddamn second of action. Total. Nonstop action. It writes itself!

The funny thing is TNA did this sort of thing with Joe/Daniels back in 2006 and it was a controversial move at the time. They taped the match and had it start right at the open of the show in progress. So right after The Ultimate Fighter ended viewers got these two dudes beating the poo poo out of each other and doing cool moves. It made for a really good engaging opening. Now they do dumb poo poo like have a giant senseless brawl to open or put open a match during break.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Why do all the TNA promo shots of their talent make them look so leathery? Is it that they're all old? That they're juicing? That TNA has no one on staff who knows their way around photoshop? All of the above?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

That DICK! posted:

Oh, bother

Basic Chunnel posted:

Why do all the TNA promo shots of their talent make them look so leathery? Is it that they're all old? That they're juicing? That TNA has no one on staff who knows their way around photoshop? All of the above?
TNA has staff? I thought Jeremy Borash did everything.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Why does Jeff have MS Paint eyes?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

For a second I thought this was Psycho Sid.

Gorgolflox posted:

They're painted on his eyelids so people wont notice when he dozes off.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Gorgolflox posted:

He paints eyes on his eyelids so he can see with his eyes shut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
how was low ki vs aries

• Locked thread