Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I like what they did with Alder. I think it still carries enough weight, I still got the feeling that he's still supposed to be a skilled trainer (& respected by the people nevertheless) he just has depression. iirc N's sweep of the e4 mentions that he mostly just did it with the Dragon, for what's that worth.

The fact any of those failings are actually relevant to the plot puts him above anyone other than Lance(He's raiding bases, he splits the work with you, he even teams up with you for a battle, by far the most proactive champion) for me. Champions otherwise just show up but don't really do anything despite being really strong. Even Cynthia just stands to the side and yammers. So him getting involved now, then having to put his money where his mouth is and failing for it is interesting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
To give Cynthia some credit, I get the feeling that she would've stepped in to handle things if you had lost against Cyrus or Giratina. Granted, you should argue that she should've been the front line as the Champion, but y'know.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

To give Cynthia some credit, I get the feeling that she would've stepped in to handle things if you had lost against Cyrus or Giratina. Granted, you should argue that she should've been the front line as the Champion, but y'know.

Regional Champion Willingly Exposes Eleven Year Old Child to Foreign Rift in Spacetime, Criminal Leader's Wrath.

"Yeah," Champion shrugs under scrutiny "but I was pretty sure she had it."

Say what you want about Adler being ineffective but at least he's trying to fulfill his duties as champion, unlike basically any other champion before him except Lance, and any other champion after him until bloody Leon. It's more a pretty ham-handed way to build up N despite the fact we've left him upside down in a trash can every time we've run across him. This whole process would have worked better if N had ever had a shred of threat under his belt before getting the SuperDragon.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Mr. Locke posted:

and any other champion after him until bloody Leon.

To be fair, that's just us and...
uh...
oh right, Diantha.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Given how often you encounter Cynthia it seems fairly clear she is researching what's going on by herself, she's just going different routes to you and misses the things you encounter except when your paths happen to cross. I prefer that to the usual Pokemon route of main characters showing up every time you find something to tell you how you found it and what it means you should do next, I always assume they're just following me around about a screenwidth behind me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

uh...
oh right, Diantha.

You forgot about Black 2/White 2's Iris.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hoenn champion is the worst champion

eco-teorrits running amok, super-ancient pokemon on the loose, eh "go getem kid, not my problem"

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

BlazeEmblem posted:

uh...
oh right, Diantha.

I mean Kukui sorta counts and he straight up loving owns.

Also gonna be honest I'll take most champions neglect or Alder's being depressed and rusty over Leon just kinda doing almost everything interesting off screen and telling us to focus on the gym challenge.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Are we not going to talk about "Champion" Hau? Because that was genuinely one of the few things I felt like USUM improved on. :colbert:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Are we not going to talk about "Champion" Hau? Because that was genuinely one of the few things I felt like USUM improved on. :colbert:

He's got a great theme and I'm happy that it made it into Smash.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 19: Done Symbolism? Nein!

Things like what I can do with my life, and what I want to do, but... I'm thinking how cool it would be to be a model like Elesa. And then, how cool it would be to do research on Pokemon Professor Juniper... if that's what I want to do, I'm gonna have to know a lot about Pokemon. Sooooo... would you please battle me?

Rival Battle

Man, when was the last Bianca battle? It really was Driftveil City, huh. Something that I think is intentional, but also could've been handled differently, is how the rival battles really peter out towards the end as they both figure out their path and don't fancy fighting you after every badge.

Well this isn't going to go well, Hammer Arm time.

Cool.

Her team is starting to round out, but she could use some heavy hitters, her starter choice leaves her pretty passive.

Yep! Touya, you're amazing! I'm really, really, really impressed, and that makes me want to give this to you!

In Castelia City, my precious Pokemon was stolen by Team Plasma. So I really, really understand! If Team Plasma forces everyone to liberate their Pokemon, there will be nothing but sad people! Touya! Stop Team Plasma! Don't allow Pokemon to be stolen from Trainers who love them! I think that's the truth--or ideal--that you've been pursuing, Touya...

when you're going through so much. All I wanted was to help you relax, Touya. Knowing you, you'll be fine! Definitely! You'll totally be fine! I guarantee it! Anyway, you know what I mean... yeah... so, bye-bye!

It's tubeline. And also a bridge! There's one thing to mention though.

Winter makes this route and the moor more interesting, you can reach nearly everywhere by surfing and hopping out in the right place, but all it does is make some items unavailable, not worth it. Unless you don't really care about that.

Anyway, Damp Rock in the morning, Heat Rock in the afternoon, Smooth Rock during the evening and Icy Rock during the night. We'll be back to talk to her again, I pumice.

Tubeline Bridge

drat, why do the bridges in this game get such amazing music tracks?

I got overheated. Phew! Anyway, please take this!

This TM contains Flame Charge! If the move lands, the user's Speed goes up! You'll blow by everyone!

There's a squiggle of pixels at the end, I wonder who it- oh. gently caress's sake.

I mean, I'm sure someone can.

This is a long rear end bridge, why couldn't you bring me down most of it?

I congratulate you on a job well done. It is my lord N's thought that the two holders of the legendary Pokemon should put their beliefs on the line and strive to find which is the true hero. This is not necessary, however. From his infancy, I provided him with the education required to become the hero of legend. Indeed, he has been so acknowledged by the legendary Pokemon.

The liberation of which I... of which Team Plasma speaks is the separation of Pokemon from foolish people! That's the truth! All Trainers will become helpless to resist us! We alone will be able to use Pokemon! The preparations are complete! When my perfect plan is set in motion, first a few gullible Pokemon Trainers who are unable to resist Team Plasma will release their Pokemon. Then that number will become a hundred, then a thousand... in no time, even Gym Leaders and the Champion will become unable to fight us. Having a Pokemon will be considered a bad thing! Even people like the sad little Bianca, whose Pokemon was stolen in Castelia, will be unable to face public opinion and will release their Pokemon! That's the kind of world we'll make! You may have the Stone, but there's no chance whatsoever that the legendary Pokemon will accept you as the hero. So, if you're not willing to hand over your precious Pokemon, I suggest you search for some courage--because you're going to need it!

Well as fun as a full force farce by Ghetsis is, Tubeline Bridge is pretty empty and uninteresting, unless...

Hey! Who said ya can pass through here? When Friday night rolls around, this place belongs to us, the Black Empoleon! It's like our Gym, kid!

Ah, sorry sir, completely my fault.

Ha! Fine! Brats like you with a future so bright... just go on back home and be nice to your parents. Don't forget your baby bottle!

Hey, you take that back, I will never be nice to my parents, especially my dad, whoever the gently caress he is.

What didja say, ya little creep? I'll teach ya to take the Black Empoleon seriously! I'll pummel your pretty Pokemon right down to the ground! With relish!

Neat mon, I'm sure we'll never see it again.

Don't get all high and mighty because you beat me! If you really want to pick a fight with the Black Empoleon, go duke it out with our leader! He's somewhere on this bridge!

This is the Black Empoleon's ultimate paradise... a little pest like you has no business here... it couldn't be that you think you can

...oh yeah, what am I doing here? Sorry to bother you, sir.

That all you got? Nah, you got one option left--get lost! This is our place, the Black Empoleon. We got no place else to go, and we don't want nobody gettin' in our way.

Still, since I'm here, why not become the leader of a bike gang? The only thing that solves problems in Unova is violence!

Gwa ha ha ha! Bring it! You've got your share of guts, kid! I'll show you what the guy who holds the Black Empoleon together can really do!

Aha, you fell into the game's trap of having more Pokemon make you weaker due to standardised level reduction! I'm not a huge fan cause it's not very interesting when most things are the same level.

Get a load of this... from now on, our team's name is gonna be the Black Fraxure! Yeah! We're taking the name of your rough-and-tough Pokemon! It's a wild name for a wilder team! The Black Fraxure! Gwa ha ha ha! That's awesome!

I'm glad we made some new friends, indeed when you beat the leader they'll change their name to the Black _____ of whatever your first mon is. I had a fair few choices, but I like this one the best.

Route 9 Winter

What I just threw was TM56 Fling! You throw an item to do damage to the target, and the damage changes depending on what you throw!

Another short and sweet route but this almost has more packed into it than Route 8? Wild.

For a child like you, a Bicycle is just right! It is healthier, isn't it?

The thread is getting more and more desperate for me to get rid of Tristan.

Bah! I haven't fallen so low that I would somebody's Pokemon like Team Plasma!

You have good Pokemon. Let me see!

Hey, hey! A bad one teamed with another bad one! Do you know what it means? That means we are very bad!

They both had cute pant :3

There are good Pokemon, but there are no bad Pokemon. Everything is up to the Trainer. That's what I think!

Even bad men like us can be friends! What a great thing! Friendship between men and friendship with Pokemon...

These various hooligans don't have very intimidating Pokemon, tbh, let's see if we can get something really dangerous!

Ow the edge. Oh I already said that in the bio. Anyway as a midgame mon, Pawniard ain't bad, it doesn't have great moves, but it'll learn Night Slash shortly before evolving at level 32 and- yeah this joke is gonna get real old soon, this is absolute garbage for something that evolves so ridiculously late. Again, it has bad moves for a long time, working with Metal Claw and Assurance until LEVEL FORTY NINE, where it gets Night Slash. However one positive is its expansive TM list, it learns pretty much every good physical move, not that it gets any better STAB that way. It can do some damage after a Swords Dance but these are pitiful stats for something that will get to level 45 and start to really lag behind. Also this is the gen where Fighting types are freakin everywhere, its Steel typing can only carry it so far. See what levels our team will reach by the end of the game and see if any of these awful evolution lategame mons take your fancy. Spoilers, they won't.

Ah! I wish I could fly down a much, much bigger road. The Pokemon would be happy, too!

Ah here's the department store... well as far as deadend out of the way US malls, yeah this makes sense.

Shopping Mall Nine

Oh yeah, if there's German in the Pokemon world, then yeah there's a German region, was there a Pokemon Hitler? Aside from that one. And the other one.

First floor has the standard items, though it's easier to get it at somewhere you can Fly to, as well as this room full of electronics we can't use, oh well.

Excuse me ma'am, where is your HA pass?

Invigorating Soda Pop for exhausted Pokemon after a battle! Pokemon after a battle! Available in any vending machine!

Here's some TMs we're never gonna buy, cause I spend all my money on balls and revives.

I am a Rich Boy. Even though I lost, I'm not frustrated! Bah! I am a Rich Boy. I will go on a shopping spree to make myself feel better!

Left second floor cashier has some QUICK BALLS HELL YEAH, and some other balls and mail or whatever. If you thought Quick Balls were dumb last gen, well now they're 5x instead of 4x, so there's literally never a reason to not use them.

And then the third floor has the usual stuff I don't use, what fun.

Only one Pokemon evolves from it, so I guess.

So you know Thunderstones make certain Pokemon evolve, then? Niiice! Meeting here must be fate! This is for you!

I don't know what that is. But I'm sure we'll fight it soon?

Hello Waiter Bert.

Our speciality is the best Pokemon battles.

Alright, that took a while, Litwick is a little fragile, but now you've got a cool lamp! Evolve it immediately. It's nothing really against Lampent, it's fine for what it is, but it doesn't learn any good moves through level up that Chandelure can't just learn from TM, like we already have Shadow Ball, and we'll get Overheat in the postgame, well before you'd learn it at level 69, nice. So there's really no point keeping Lampent around unless you don't want the immediate stat boost, or you want to keep using Eviolite? I just can't recommend it, usually the stage before a stone evolution has some utility, but that's not the case here. I really like its design, so it's a shame there's no reason to give it much of a spotlight. Heh, light pun.

This is the first time we're fighting in the Dept. Store, though technically we battled under the basement of Johto's?

I'm very rich, but even I am pleased with the selection at this shopping mall. I want to buy more!

And that is how politics work.

We are cooooool! We hang out here every day!

We're at the end of the route, but that just means we can get distracted by the rest of it.

"It clenches opponents with its left arm and finishes them off with foul-smelling poison gas belched from its mouth."

Quick Balls, gently caress yeah.

Ahah, a cave, this route isn't shallow at all!

The Champion occasionally goes in for training, but you aren't ready for this challenge.

Alright fine we'll come back later. I wake up in a cold sweat sometimes thinking about everything I need to cover in the postgame. And then I wake up from waking up in a cold sweat thinking about the sequel.

"Blades comprise this Pokémon's entire body. If battling dulls the blades, it sharpens them on stones by the river."

I'm so glad Bisharp is a wild encounter in the postgame.

"Since they have two divided brains, at times they suddenly try to take two different actions at once."

"They use hypnosis to control people and Pokémon. Tales of Gothorita leading people astray are told in every corner."

And that's it for this route, though we have Gothitelle/Reuniclus in rustling grass. Even though I'm hacking in version exclusive mons, I would still prefer to shove Rare Candy at them than do a 5% rustling encounter.

No...?

Opelucid City

Desperately trying to con everyone with his speech.

Our lord N has combined his power with the legendary Dragon-type Pokemon and intends to create a new world.

Pokemon are different from people. They are living beings who contain unknown potential. They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn. They are beings whose greatness we should acknowledge!

We, Team Plasma, invite you to join us! We all want to create a new world where people and Pokemon are both free! Ladies and gentlemen, I ask you now... please, release your Pokemon. And so I end my plea to you today. Thank you one and all for your attention.

Have we been making Pokemon suffer?

Hmm... maybe we should release our Pokemon like Team Plasma says...

No way! Without Pokemon, I'd be lonely and sad!

The cooperation of people and Pokemon is how Unova came to exist to begin with. If a Pokemon really didn't want anything to do with humans, it would simply leave... capturing a Pokemon in a Pokeball doesn't mean you've captured its heart.

Oh! Mr. Alder! ...and the guy who helped out that time.

What's wrong? What does the wandering Champion who left the Pokemon League need from us?

Briefly, my request is this. Tell us about the legendary Dragon-type Pokemon!

Are you talking about Reshiram? Or Zekrom? What's the sudden interest?

Moments ago, a troublemaker known as Ghetsis was here. He said a Trainer named N has reawakened Reshiram...

Yes! That Trainer called N apparently told Touya here to search for the other Dragon-type Pokemon!

This N, or what have you, presumes to set the two Dragon-type Pokemon against each other in battle to test his convictions?

Oh, no! The Dragon-type Pokemon get along so well!

That's right, Iris. The ones who make Pokemon battle are the Trainers... and it's so the Trainers and the Pokemon can get to know each other better.

No, I guess in this case I should say I'm "returning" to the Pokemon League! Of course, I'll defeat N! I'll teach him about the beauty of this world, where Pokemon and Trainers live together in harmony! Also, Touya, I'll await your arrival! Once you've obtained the Opelucid Badge, come to the League! The Opelucid Gym Leader is tough. Take care! Farewell. I'm counting on you, Drayden and Iris!

Is he OK? He looked kinda scary.

Don't worry, Iris. He is the strongest Trainer in all of Unova. Well, Touya, is it? Come to my home. As Alder asked, I'll tell you everything I can about the legendary Dragon-type Pokemon. Iris, child, please show the way.

You bet! If it's Opelucid City, I can take you anywhere. As for the story of Reshiram and Zekrom, we'll tell you all we know about it! This way!

Opelucid City Erhu

Opelucid City: Time's Dividing Line
From opal, lucid, opacus (opaque sheets of clouds) and perlucidus (sheets of cloud with small spaces).
Soryu City: The city where past and future intertwine.
From 双龍文 sōryūmon, a Chinese pattern resembling two dragons, as well as 蒼竜 sōryū, the Azure Dragon.

Hold on to your butts, it's time for more plot! At least we can do it in a charming, peaceful city like this, I'd hate it to be all whoopy and flashy with lots of blue and black.

What you are holding is the Dark Stone. Zekrom, who will likely awaken from the Dark Stone, and Reshiram, who is already awake, were once the same Pokemon.

That single Dragon Pokemon, along with twin heroes, brought a new region into being. And people and Pokemon had happy lives!

One day, however... the twin heroes, the older brother who sought the truth, and the younger brother who sought ideals, began to argue about how to decide which one of them was right... the single Dragon-type Pokemon that had been with them all that time split its body into two. One sided with the older brother, and the other with the younger brother.

In its pursuit of truth, the white Dragon-type Pokemon sought to usher in a new and better world... its name was Reshiram. And the other, the black Dragon-type Pokemon, sought ideals and usher in a new world--a world of hope. Its name was Zekrom.

Because the two of them were once the same entity, their battle raged endlessly and neither one could be declared the winnter. They simply exhausted themselves. The twin heroes proclaimed that there was no one side that was right and ceased the conflict.

But, but... the two heroes' sons started the battle again! And an instant later, Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed Unova with fire and lightning! Then, they disappeared! But, but... if people work with Pokemon in the right way, we don't have to worry anymore about the world being destroyed. I mean, Reshiram and Zekrom worked hard for everyone and made a new region! So, it should be alright, I think.

True. Pokemon cannot speak. People may hurt Pokemon even more by imposing their selfish thoughts on them. But, no matter what, Pokemon and people believe in each other, need each ohter, and will continue to live together...

Yeah! So I'm never gonna forgive Team Plasma for trying to separate Pokemon and us!

Sorry. We got a little off topic at the end. That is everything we know. Unfortunately, we don't know how to wake up the legendary Pokemon... I made a promise to Alder. You must win the Gym Badge from the Opelucid Pokemon Gym. Iris, you go and be Touya's opponent at the Pokemon Gym.

Yay! Look out! I'm really, really strong, just like Drayden!

"and Pokemon?"

The way we live now, with different beings understanding and forgiving each other, is much richer. That's my belief.

Phew, Game Freak are definitely getting bolder in having you stand in one place and talk to you. Still, we can take Iris next time, at least we're not fighting Drayden, he's scary and has weird facial hair. I mean, it's not like I've been playing the same game twice to show off barely changed version differences.

Opelucid City Black Keytar

Oh gently caress.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have no idea why, but I remember this Bianca battle giving me a hard time the first time I played this game.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

We're in the endgame now, tinky winky, so it's time for the final nickname! What do you call a Unovan Tauros?

Also, since we do have more Pokemon than we can carry, it's a shame we can't bring all of them with us to the Pokemon League, but hey you can vote which ones we take! Of course we're bringing Hamlet, it'd be rude not to, along with our newest afro addition, but vote for the one team member you want to challenge the league!

As a refresher, since we have a few to choose from, there's Tristan the Simisage, Corazon the Swoobat, Milli the Scolipede, Gamera the Carracosta, PRNDL the Klang, John the Fraxure and Big O the Golett.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The important thing isn't that it's an Unovan Tauros, but that it has an epic 'fro. Thus, it can only be Brook.

Also Big O can't miss the showtime.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Corazon has to come along because what else are you gonna do for special damage and Swoobat is one of my favorites from Gen V that I never took to the league.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
An Unovan Tauros clearly should be named Chicago.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's a Raging Bull, so DeNiro.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Tristan. You made your bed, time to lie in it :colbert:

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

The important thing isn't that it's an Unovan Tauros, but that it has an epic 'fro. Thus, it can only be Brook.

Seconding this.

I say we bring along the PRNDL because Steel is usually a good type to have to resist stuff with for the E4.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Putting a vote in for Milli, both because I love an underdog (underbug?) and because you'll have a sneaky good matchup against the E4.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Leraika posted:

Tristan. You made your bed, time to lie in it :colbert:

:hmmyes:

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
Unovan Tauros? I think you mean Brook.

Also Swoobat is one of the cooler Unovan mons so take along Corazon.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
Voting Brook for Unovan Tauros and Tristian for the E4 pick, so you can have the greatest hair in all of Unova.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Chicago for Unovan Tauros, and Gamera for the Elite 4.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, it might just be me, but is the dialogue in this game very stilted to anyone else? It doesn't really sound like people are talking to you in a natural way, but like they were written by a computer trying to emulate human speech patterns. The rivals in particular, but you also have NPCs like this.

This dialogue seems way too formal for people who are supposed to be street thugs.

Also, I know Team Plasma are the bad guys, but it does feel a little lame to have Team Plasma show up and make the statement of "Are Pokémon truly happy with being our servants/pets/etc. rather than being free as nature intended?" and everyone's just like "Eh, who cares?" and goes right back on like they didn't just hear anything. I think it'd be unrealistic for them to go from that to immediately releasing their team, but you could at least ponder the idea! It's like GameFreak wanted to leave no room for doubt that you're supposed to disagree with Team Plasma.

But, again, Munna kicking.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 27, 2020

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

JohnCompany posted:

Putting a vote in for Milli, both because I love an underdog (underbug?) and because you'll have a sneaky good matchup against the E4.
I am also voting for Milli to wreck face in the E4 showdowns. I am glad my little centipede has grown into an engine of destruction. :allears:

As for the bull, call it ScottiePippen.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Hair that magnificent belongs to Brook. Tristan also belongs in the cool hair club.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

You know, it might just be me, but is the dialogue in this game very stilted to anyone else? It doesn't really sound like people are talking to you in a natural way, but like they were written by a computer trying to emulate human speech patterns. The rivals in particular, but you also have NPCs like this.

This dialogue seems way too formal for people who are supposed to be street thugs.

Also, I know Team Plasma are the bad guys, but it does feel a little lame to have Team Plasma show up and make the statement of "Are Pokémon truly happy with being our servants/pets/etc. rather than being free as nature intended?" and everyone's just like "Eh, who cares?" and goes right back on like they didn't just hear anything. I think it'd be unrealistic for them to go from that to immediately releasing their team, but you could at least ponder the idea! It's like GameFreak wanted to leave no room for doubt that you're supposed to disagree with Team Plasma.

But, again, Munna kicking.

From what I understand, they swapped translators between gen 4 and gen 5; that might have something to do with it.

Also, Team Plasma's plasmaganda works! It just doesn't work on the protagonists, but plenty of npcs are shown going ??? maybe they have a point.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I know that the thread has almost certainly decided on the one piece reference for Unovan Tauros, but regardless, I shall toss in a vote for Miror B. Let's dance, baby.

Also, gonna go ahead and vote you bring along Milli, because Unova is where bug types got good, so you need to bring along our team's bug representative.

Also also, as someone who played Black, I'm lowkey kinda upset that White's version of the Opelucid theme is better

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Level Seven posted:

Hair that magnificent belongs to Brook. Tristan also belongs in the cool hair club.

:emptyquote:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

I know that the thread has almost certainly decided on the one piece reference for Unovan Tauros, but regardless, I shall toss in a vote for Miror B. Let's dance, baby.

I’m in a book club type thing reading One Piece for the first time. I have not met this character yet. I don’t mind spoilers for the most part but nonetheless I frown.

Voting for Miror B., and for Big O because it is still Showtime.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Miror B is a pokemon colosseum reference.

And consider this a vote for Miror B

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 27, 2020

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Blaziken386 posted:

Miror B. Let's dance, baby.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'll vote for Miror B too.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

AweStriker posted:

:hai: Seconding all this.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

AweStriker posted:

Absolutely this.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Mirror B. for the new Pokemon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AweStriker posted:

:yeah:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Mirror B and Milli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Votes so far!

bouff

Brook: 6
Miror B.: 10

Usually I list all the other nominations, I love the names you come up with, but these two left everything else in the dust. And honestly Miror B. left Brook in the dust, so you know what, I think we've got our name, arriba!

League

Tristan: 5
Big O: 5
Milli: 4
Corazon: 2
Gamera: 1
PRNDL: 1
John: 0

Poor John, but understandable why she's not being voted. This will stay up a while longer cause there's still a few things to do before we reach the league.