Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Is it possible to skip straight to Agito weapons after getting a Chimeratech or is it necessary to have a High Dragon weapon (and thus, I suppose, a Void weapon?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

sevenflow posted:

Is it possible to skip straight to Agito weapons after getting a Chimeratech or is it necessary to have a High Dragon weapon (and thus, I suppose, a Void weapon?)

they required core+void in the past, idk about now. void is a pretty good investment anyway as a cheap way to get the weapon bonus.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

It's cool that they decided "what if Gala Cleo but better" I guess.

Definitely going to have to sit with a wiki open and fix my team and see what units are now/still trash. Hopefully upgrading Marth and Fjorm the last time I played hasn't been a waste, or that Tiki and Peony aren't trash now. :v:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Peony offhand I think is still very good and Marth is extremely good fire, not sure about Tiki though

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I pulled Gala Cleo thrice this time around, meaning that much like G!Euden, G!Luca, Peony, and Mitsuhide, yet another Light unit is destined to never enter my party.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

Takoluka posted:

I pulled Gala Cleo thrice this time around, meaning that much like G!Euden, G!Luca, Peony, and Mitsuhide, yet another Light unit is destined to never enter my party.

Still the free daily tenfolds, you might still land on one of them!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got the new wind bow user and a 5th Konohara(?) to MUB that dragon with. Is midgard zero worth a stone or two to MUB or does the meta favor others more?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you can still use vayu to beat up Ciella. there's still a wind gala dragon coming soon in the possible next months anyway

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

So for my haul on the gala:
Gala Prince
EIGHT Midgardsormr Zeroes
And zero Zenas.

Kill me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah I got two Zeroes and a bunch of jack poo poo else.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I hadn't looked at it in a while but my shadow Mercurial Gauntlet was only at 29/55, so when I got Zena I threw her into the party and literally just auto-battled my way up to 55/55 complete. Some of that is probably just having stronger stuff than last time I tried, but drat.

On the other hand, my poor old phone can barely handle this game anymore. It takes me about 10-15 attempts at the nightmare raid to get a run where the app doesn't crash.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
yeah my a10e struggles to handle it anymore, esp the new raid. it never ran great but it's really tanking now. the battle royale mode is also pretty unplayable. thankfully I'm upgrading my phone this week, so i look forward to some silky smooth gameplay this wednesday :toot:

I really like all the new poo poo they added with the weapon and character rebalance, but drat, with all the rotating double drops my brain is just melting trying to pick an element or even a weapon type to focus on for unlocks. there's so much to pick from. I guess I'll just try and stick with my favorite co-op weapons (bow/staff/wand) but even then I have no idea where to focus my farming.

HDT weapons beat out chimeratechs and get really close to agito weapons at MUB right? I was gonna try and take advantage of double drops and go nuts on master HDTs the next week.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Where/how do you unlock the dragon bane stuff for hdt? I tried some of them earlier and got murdered. My teams seem to be around 24-28k might. I don’t have everyone’s eye prints maxed for all elements though, which seems not too bad for prints you use multiples of, but I’m probably just rust as hell and powercreep is t enough to overcome it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the solos do way less damage so it's better to just have damage over the prints. the opening burst is like 1k damage with no prints for example

to get the hdt bane, craft and unbind a void weapon of the same type/element as what you want bane on to level 6, then go to functionality and unlock the last skill on the list

it takes a big pile of like, every various type of void enemy mat to craft

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The dragon bane ability is attached to the void weapons. It's under the functionality unlocks. Though I suspect the chimera weapons are still better, probably.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the effect applies to all the weapons now, you just need to upgrade the void weapons to unlock the effect on all weapons

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The final boss fight of this event is probably the coolest and most fun fight they've ever had in this game, and the finishing blow is amazing.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

I'm running this gimmick account now and it is definitely the most fun I've had with this game.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lol my new phone came in, i spent a bit trying to clear the omega level 2 solo this morning and was coming up a bit short on dps, tried it with the new phone and cleared it with over a minute to spare despite loving up a ton of rolls since i'm not used to the new phone's size

having good fps uh, makes a hell of a difference!

btw here's an updated event schedule, this one denotes which days of double HDT drops actually line up with master being available, denoted with the asterisk

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I made an agito staff for Zena using the bonus mats from the first clear of normal and didn't check to see if it's stronger than a fully upgraded chimeratech staff.

Apparently it is not. Why the hell are they making weapon upgrades so obscenely expensive too? :smith:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Wayyy back in the day, I played Dragalia Lost when it came out. Unfortunately, my phone couldn't handle the game, and after the first patch it crashed too consistently to play. I might be getting a new phone soon, so I'm interested in giving Dragalia another shot. Or possibly try emulating via Bluestacks or something.

Is there anything you'd recommend as a beginner's guide for someone getting into Dragalia at this point? I've played a fair amount of Granblue at this point, so I figure that weapon grid development stuff shouldn't be that confusing, and I was able to play through early story missions alright when the game was new.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Still can't play it on an emulator, unfortunately, and that just did a major overhaul for weapon storage and crafting. They've also done a great job of introducing you to new mechanics and forcing you to upgrade characters and weapons through the main story. I'd recommend just starting going through the main story, and any of the current event missions that you can complete before it goes away.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They also rebalanced a lot of the characters, so you no longer have to feel shut out of content if you don't have Gala Cleo.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Gearman posted:

Still can't play it on an emulator, unfortunately, and that just did a major overhaul for weapon storage and crafting. They've also done a great job of introducing you to new mechanics and forcing you to upgrade characters and weapons through the main story. I'd recommend just starting going through the main story, and any of the current event missions that you can complete before it goes away.

I downloaded the app just fine through Bluestacks on my laptop. The game started up, but I paused when it asked to download somewhere around 5-6 gigs of game files. Do you know where the anti-emulation kicks in? If the app lets me open my old account and see what the team looks like, that might be good to know so I can plan out a few things before the new phone arrives.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

avoraciopoctules posted:

I downloaded the app just fine through Bluestacks on my laptop. The game started up, but I paused when it asked to download somewhere around 5-6 gigs of game files. Do you know where the anti-emulation kicks in? If the app lets me open my old account and see what the team looks like, that might be good to know so I can plan out a few things before the new phone arrives.

It won't let you even look at your team. Before you even get to the main menu you'll get a message about not being able to connect or update and that's as far as you'll get.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

You might be able to run it through something like Genymotion since that uses a virtual machine to full on emulate a physical device but I imagine that gets caught too (and last time I used it, Genymotion was a PITA to set up).

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Everyone ready to run an absurd amount of Volk co-op this weekend?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CyberLord XP posted:

Why? Double drops?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Takoluka posted:

Why? Double drops?

Correct. I need to finish off my fire spears!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to throw a pile of tickets at this banner because it has Alex and cait sith and I felt impatient. Got both and the way Halloween unit who poisons for some reason. Running Alex with Gleo, Grace, and a blade user but it sounds like dropping him for Patia and giving everyone a double buff wyrmprint is the way to go?

CyberLord XP posted:

If you can carry me sure because I’m still using mainly chimeratech weapons since I can’t just auto expert/master for all hdts.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I mean, maybe? My Mym is pretty strong.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I managed to beat solo HBH Master today which felt pretty nice. I'm getting back into this a bit, is there any room in the alliance so I can clear off this message from my home screen?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2pAfVsg5M

New collab event coming at end of the month. Looks very cute, if nothing else.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I finally replaced my phone, and it looks like Dragalia is playable again. I even managed to salvage my old account... which was at level 3, but had some nice goodies waiting in the mailbox. I have about 12k wyrmite, and about 1000 of the gold XP crystals. I just played a bit of story, unlocked the castle, and set it to upgrading to Castle level 3. I have NOT been able to figure out how to join raids, but I'd like to build a vaguely functional team before I impose on someone else's battle anyways.

I have a handful of 4-star units, mostly from story. I have maybe 2 dozen 3-stars. I had a certificate for getting a random 5-star dragon, which ended up being Dark-element.

Based on a bit of wiki-searching, it seems like the best time to summon is a Gala banner, since you have a 6% chance of 5 star stuff instead of 4%. And if I saved up 360,000 Wyrmite, I could guarantee that I got a unit of my choice. It seems like Granblue's spark system got added? Nice.

What's the most important thing to do once I run out of normal-difficulty story quests? Is it worthwhile to summon anything before I save up 360k and see a Gala banner?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

it's much worse than gbf's spark system, because you can only pick from rate up units on the banner, meaning you have 1-3 choices at most. If you end up getting the thing you wanted to spark on your last pull then womp womp you can't have a back up spark unless you failed to pull the 0-2 other rate up things on the banner.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

avoraciopoctules posted:

I finally replaced my phone, and it looks like Dragalia is playable again. I even managed to salvage my old account... which was at level 3, but had some nice goodies waiting in the mailbox. I have about 12k wyrmite, and about 1000 of the gold XP crystals. I just played a bit of story, unlocked the castle, and set it to upgrading to Castle level 3. I have NOT been able to figure out how to join raids, but I'd like to build a vaguely functional team before I impose on someone else's battle anyways.

I have a handful of 4-star units, mostly from story. I have maybe 2 dozen 3-stars. I had a certificate for getting a random 5-star dragon, which ended up being Dark-element.

Based on a bit of wiki-searching, it seems like the best time to summon is a Gala banner, since you have a 6% chance of 5 star stuff instead of 4%. And if I saved up 360,000 Wyrmite, I could guarantee that I got a unit of my choice. It seems like Granblue's spark system got added? Nice.

What's the most important thing to do once I run out of normal-difficulty story quests? Is it worthwhile to summon anything before I save up 360k and see a Gala banner?

Slight correction, you only need 36k Wyrmite (or equivalent in tickets) - it's 300 single pulls, not 300 ten-pulls. There's also a Gala every 2 weeks lately a regular one at the end of the month, and a Remix banner (only one unit Gala featured, but still has boosted rates and has some other new units too). You're probably fine just pulling without worrying about sparking for a while, until you've got a good foundation of units - the game is mostly pretty balanced post-2.0, with some outliers (hi Karina).

Don't worry about barging into co-op rooms. For most content, everyone just blows through it and can carry you without fuss. Agito fights, and maybe higher-difficulty HDT fights are the only one I'd worry about being strong enough for.

The game has a pretty good in game list of tasks for newbies called the Royal Regimen. They give you a pretty good path from starting out to endgame, and have a bunch of rewards like 5* pull tickets. It's a good idea to follow along with those if you're done (or stuck) with the main campaign and want to start tackling the side stuff.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Thank you, I appreciate the advice!

Currently around level 20, and I see a Gala draw has just started. If I hit 36k Wyrmite before it ends, I will draw (currently at 18k, halfway there). Otherwise, I'll hold off in the hopes of some kind of fancy holiday event next month.

The Royal Regimen was well worth checking out. I got a ticket that resulted in a 5-star wind unit that seems pretty excellent. Maribelle has big splashy AoE attack skills that result in clearing out rooms a bit faster. I haven't encountered real difficulty outside of dragon trials yet, but I'm still early in the story.

One question: It seems like the biggest barrier to progression right now is upgrading the home base. I have 72 Hustle Hammers. How long should I save them? I imagine that once I'm waiting multiple hours for something to finish, ending those timers may be worthwhile. Getting access to the level 4 blacksmith would be a significant jump in power. But if hammers are difficult to replace, it's probably better to wait until timers are measured in days or weeks.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

avoraciopoctules posted:

One question: It seems like the biggest barrier to progression right now is upgrading the home base. I have 72 Hustle Hammers. How long should I save them? I imagine that once I'm waiting multiple hours for something to finish, ending those timers may be worthwhile. Getting access to the level 4 blacksmith would be a significant jump in power. But if hammers are difficult to replace, it's probably better to wait until timers are measured in days or weeks.

Hammers are weird. They're usually pretty hard to get - the only repeatable way to get them is through the item summoning, where they're tied with 1m gold and 100k mana for rarest item. But sometimes the devs just dump a ton of them on everyone for no reason, like as an end-of-month gift or something. You're also going to get a few hundred of them as you progress through the story. A good rule of thumb is to only hammer stuff that's going to take 2 days or more, but they aren't really something you need to hoard.

e: Buying the extra smiths is totally worth it if you haven't already.

Ryanbomber fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 13, 2020

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

avoraciopoctules posted:

I'm at facility level 1,923, a lot of which was prior to the hammers being introduced. I've currently got 910 of the things.

I'll basically use them on everything now, but using them during a facility event, or when you've already got materials for the next upgrade ready to go are probably the best options when they're limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Man P5 is getting crossovers everywhere now huh.

https://twitter.com/DragaliaLostApp/status/1347548321196474368