Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

if you're a console peasant, sure

the real mark of pride is when it's on the ball of your wrist on your mouse hand :colbert:

You can get that from a desk job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

if you're a console peasant, sure

the real mark of pride is when it's on the ball of your wrist on your mouse hand :colbert:

That part of my hand is polished to a mirror sheen

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Real gamers just use the keyboard

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

Real gamers just use the keyboard even on emulated console games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Keyboard is my preferred interface for fighting games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Keyboard is my preferred interface for fighting games

What's your half circle success rate

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Actually forget what I said about calluses being good. As a proponent of safe and healthy gaming, I will say that you should be taking regular and frequent breaks, doubly so if you feel start feeling sore or like your eyes are tired. A ringing in your ear means that damage has been caused: turn the sound down immediately! Inspect your eyeballs: traces of red indicate that you’ve overstepped your gaming limit and should consider more responsible gaming in the future. Any cricks or pains in your muscles also serve as a warning: your natural gaming position might need adjusting. This can usually be solved by moving your gaming peripherals closer or further away from you, or your chair or couch might be too high or too low, too close or too far from your desk or TV. If in doubt, shut the game down and go for a walk and think about games from afar

Stay safe out there!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

lol if you haven't perfected your half circle from playing gradius on the keyboard

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I played the first two stages and their B sides tonight and my thumb hurts, the switch d pad is so bad

stop using the d pad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i got this one as a christmas gift and i liked it a lot

this is sick as heck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

Literally 100 times better than on pad and probably slightly more intuitive than stick, it's like playing an arpeggiated chord on a piano

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Looper posted:

this is sick as heck

yeah i love the celebi color

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

a kid tried to steal it from me in elementary school but he got caught playing it in the middle of class with the sound on and i was the only kid with that color gba so it was obvious it was mine. MOron

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

stop using the d pad

I cannot get precise 8 directional input in s circular gate

Hell I basically can't even do it in a square gate

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The White Dragon posted:

lol if you haven't perfected your half circle from playing gradius on the keyboard

imagine being a japanese pc gamer in the 90s and having to use the keyboard to play nemesis

Inspiring

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People who use keyboard for platform or fighting games are insane

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know people modify their joycons to add a dpad or w/e but that's too much effort and I hope they announce an actual official controller with one at some point

i bought Celeste on PS4 back when it came out because I didn't wanna deal with the switch controls

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

i tried to use a keyboard to play mega man once and it made me want to die

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i beat mega man x2 on a keyboard :unsmigghh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i tried to use a keyboard to play mega man once and it made me want to die

Was it DOS Mega Man

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Was it DOS Mega Man

it was mega man zero

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

i don't do it but it works really well for fighting games, there's nothing strange about it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Everytime I tell people I play Dark Souls on a keyboard they call me crazy but it works dammit.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I remember beating Wolf3D with just a keyboard.

Right hand on the arrow keys, left hand horizontal.
Palm for space to open, index for ctrl to shoot, rshift to run. Somehow beat all six episodes like that. I tried going back to it just to see and I cannot believe what I was thinking!!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The reason I managed to avoid getting saddled with mountains of student debt was that my parents took out a loan for it instead. But my dad is terrible at managing money so after a decade the principal has barely been paid down and in his old age he's just stopped paying all of his debts and hoping to outrun the consequences in death

This sorta happened to me where my dad was the cosignor and I was just paying them off at a snails pace. Then my dad died and my mom got a letter about a student loan that nobody recognized. So she called Navient to say "hey what's up with this, my husband died recently and nobody knows what this loan is for"

Immediately they called me and said "Well one of the fine print terms is that if the cosignor dies, the primary lendee must pay the full amount immediately" and all I could respond with was :lol:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

i got this one as a christmas gift and i liked it a lot

that's sick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I found out about a cool surgery yesterday where if your jaw joints are hosed and need to be replaced, they can just surgically remove your second toes and surgically attach them to the jaw to work as replacement joints.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got surgery to swap all my teeth with toes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There's that other surgery where a person's tooth is placed into their eyeball in order to give them vision again.

I forget how the gently caress that one works.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

There's that other surgery where a person's tooth is placed into their eyeball in order to give them vision again.

I forget how the gently caress that one works.

quote:

Osteo-odonto-keratoprosthesis (OOKP) (also known as "tooth in eye" surgery[1]) is a medical procedure to restore vision in the most severe cases of corneal and ocular surface patients. It includes removal of a tooth from the patient or a donor.[2] After removal, a lamina of tissue cut from the tooth is drilled and the hole is fitted with optics. The lamina is grown in the patients' cheek for a period of months and then is implanted upon the eye.

science is a wonderful and horrifying thing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FirstAidKite posted:

I found out about a cool surgery yesterday where if your jaw joints are hosed and need to be replaced, they can just surgically remove your second toes and surgically attach them to the jaw to work as replacement joints.

Surgeons must have played a fuckload of Roberta Williams games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Trauma Centre is probably harder than real surgery to be honest. I know healthcare in the US is messed up so just come to me if you need neurosurgery or w/e

i beat all the x operations

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Surgeons must have played a fuckload of Roberta Williams games.

Trump's scalp being cat hair expains so much.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I got surgery to swap all my teeth with toes

Is that how you get hoof and mouth disease?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
A bird somehow got into the warehouse where I work and it's sitting up in the rafters chirping its head off and I have no idea how we're going to get it out and I feel horrible listening to the poor thing panic.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

A bird somehow got into the warehouse where I work and it's sitting up in the rafters chirping its head off and I have no idea how we're going to get it out and I feel horrible listening to the poor thing panic.
a bird got stuck inside the awning of my house once, I think you'll find that nature has a way of making these things work out eventually

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Let in some more birds to keep him company because warehouses are like the 18-room mansions of the ornithological world.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://gematsu.com/2018/05/egglia-studio-brownies-developing-switch-title-that-it-hopes-to-announce-this-summer

Aw, heck yeah.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Let in some more birds to keep him company because warehouses are like the 18-room mansions of the ornithological world.

What's the human equivalent to the empty space of a letter in a large store sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i'm not gonna say it's better than yoshi's island but it's still incredibly good

I would :twisted:

• Locked thread