Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Applied to goon tang clan. Are folks in there active?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

We're kind of lazy assholes, especially our co leader.

Ps - always be requesting troops. Use them whenever possible.

mephology fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 20, 2014

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gromdul posted:

I have been looking for a new war base. How does it do against giants?

I haven't been attacked by giants/healers yet, but I assume they would all just do a lap on the track between the inner and outer walls killing the defense, and if they survived long enough to kill all the defenses on the outside, it would take them forever to bust through to the middle rings, and at that point the healers have likely long since been picked off by the AD.

vulturesrow posted:

Why does it work so well?

It gives up one star without much trouble, but getting a 2-3 on it is a real chore. It hinges on having L6 AD to avoid getting ruined by dragons and/or balloons.

mephology posted:

I know, that guy Adam is a real jerk!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

mephology posted:

Ps - always be requesting troops. Use them whenever possible.

Cool, will do. Also, I was accepted into the clan by aatrek... Is that a thing?

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

In 2poor's latest war I was attacked, and soundly defeated by an army I've never seen before. The dude managed to three star my Maxed TH9 base with an army that outside of a single golem and a couple minions used no DE.

It was very humbling, see for yourself and learn from my pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68uHiOegvU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
A new meta emerges...

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
We need an acronym, stat!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

gromdul posted:

We need an acronym, stat!

FitA!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

padijun posted:

I just booted a couple inactives from Goon Tang Clan, so send a request when you have your clan castle rebuilt

Quoting this cause I just applied. Pubbies are bad, by the way. I had 5 raids over night and in all but the last one, I managed to beat them back pretty handily. The last finally broke through my defenses and got just 2 trophies and not a whole lot of resources from me. I have yet to watch the preview, but my TH finally finished its upgrade overnight, so I'm building my 2nd archer tower now. I'm just wondering where to put my AD that I just acquired, since there's no central location that it'll fit into.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

neogeo0823 posted:

Quoting this cause I just applied.

I hit accept but it looks like those couple empty spots were already filled.

GTC is popular!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

khy posted:

I hit accept but it looks like those couple empty spots were already filled.

GTC is popular!

Well dang. Any other clans have openings? How about UGievArchers, or 2Poor4Gems, or SHOWMEYOURPEKKA?

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Always have AD centralised as much as you can, or you're asking for it to be sniped before the balloons roll in. It's literally worth redesigning your base around it. It matters less at lower TH levels, of course.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

neogeo0823 posted:

Well dang. Any other clans have openings? How about UGievArchers, or 2Poor4Gems, or SHOWMEYOURPEKKA?

WeSpend500Dolla has an open spot currently

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

McSpankWich posted:

WeSpend500Dolla has an open spot currently

Bah, the one clan I didn't want to apply to, because it implies I'd spend money on a mobile game. :argh: Applied.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

gromdul posted:

I have been looking for a new war base. How does it do against giants?

Very well. It cannot be pulled by giants. Giants have to destroy the outer cannon and then knock on the walls in order to pull. Problem is: they won't go knocking on the wall after that first cannon, they'll walk to the archer tower next to them, at which point they still won't pull. This basically makes giants useless against that base, unless they pull with hogs/balloons. I've only received 1 giant attack on me when I still had that base, so I can't really tell you for sure, but the CC troops not being pullable really scares off using giants.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

Coming back to this game after a bit of a break. Which goon squad is the most chill?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
2legit2lift, but last time I checked we're all full up!

(anybody but spergs)

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Th8. Also generous. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in having me. I try to participate in most wars.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Does anyone have a stellar TH9 farming base they'd like to share? I've been using the farming ringus for a while and have been slightly less than impressed with it's ability to protect my loot.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

morning wood posted:

Does anyone have a stellar TH9 farming base they'd like to share? I've been using the farming ringus for a while and have been slightly less than impressed with it's ability to protect my loot.

Basically use any base but the ones from the OP. Every single one is bad in wars. Most are bad for farm too.

Roid666 posted:

(anybody but spergs)

I agree. We're gonna get our rear end handed to us by asians again.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Roid666 posted:

(anybody but spergs)

We are actually a pretty chill clan. The only "non-chill" thing is the 2 wars a week rule, but even that's not a zero tolerance policy. I think it actually helps us all stay engaged in the game.

Yes, someone was banned and drama ensued, but that's literally the only out of the ordinary thing that's happened lately.

e: If bein a sperg is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 20, 2014

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

neogeo0823 posted:

Bah, the one clan I didn't want to apply to, because it implies I'd spend money on a mobile game. :argh: Applied.

Sorry I got to this too late guy. There's one more inactive in GTC who we can boot if you still want the slot. (Tidale if you see this, I'm talking about you)

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I tried to get into GTC but apparently I'm not goony enough

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Does anybody have a good TH6 War base plan? My Farm base has been ok, but the layout doesn't quite work for War since the TH doesn't fit anywhere inside it.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I have no emotional attachments to the bases in the OP, so suggest some replacements and I'll edit them in.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Coolspaz posted:

I tried to get into GTC but apparently I'm not goony enough

Did you use a bible quote in your invite request? Because that requirement is just there to extract maximum amusement from random applicants. The actual requirement is an SA reference like all goon clans.

But also, if we're full and everyone's active by our criteria, everyone gets rejected. Nothing personal!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ixo posted:

I have no emotional attachments to the bases in the OP, so suggest some replacements and I'll edit them in.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

ixo posted:

It's not that they're completely terrible. It's mostly that there's not a whole lot of them, I get that the OP is already huge, but still. Before we started sending out messages that people should get some new bases for Clan Wars, half of Spergs had the TH8 Tempest layout, it only takes 1 opponent to 3* it and all the bases will be 3*d. A bit better variety would help a lot.

As for the Tempest in clan wars, it's bad. Which is understandable as it's a farm base. If no one does it within an hour I'll throw a TH8 war base in here for the OP, I've posted it a while back but it was just a screenshot.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Seditiar posted:

Basically use any base but the ones from the OP. Every single one is bad in wars. Most are bad for farm too.

I disagree, the TH8 Mantis base is pretty good and seems to terrify/confuse most opponents.

E: maybe you just get matched against a better class of opponents than we do

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kung Food posted:

Famethrower is already the low effort leader account. We could have him be lone leader, but then we would have to rely on him to do anything whatsoever and that just wouldn't work.

:( I'm a shameful leader

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Is there a boom beach thread for organizing teams and poo poo?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Would be nice, and spergy, if someone collected data on how well the war bases did. Like avg stars against, army comps used against, th level against, etc.

Would be a stupid amount of work but an open google doc would let us all add data in as long as the directions were simple enough.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Maugrim posted:

Did you use a bible quote in your invite request? Because that requirement is just there to extract maximum amusement from random applicants.

Jesus that's brilliant.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Christian Dads who Vape are serious about our Bible quotes.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post

Maugrim posted:

Did you use a bible quote in your invite request? Because that requirement is just there to extract maximum amusement from random applicants.

Promptly stealing this idea for UGA.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Maugrim posted:

Did you use a bible quote in your invite request? Because that requirement is just there to extract maximum amusement from random applicants. The actual requirement is an SA reference like all goon clans.

But also, if we're full and everyone's active by our criteria, everyone gets rejected. Nothing personal!

I referenced stairs, in case that has not been done to death, no biggie, I'll keep applying till someone takes little TH4 me

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Coolspaz posted:

I referenced stairs, in case that has not been done to death, no biggie, I'll keep applying till someone takes little TH4 me

re-apply and I'll kick an inactive.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

padijun posted:

re-apply and I'll kick an inactive.

I have to wait for the ban thing to go away, it takes 24 hours?

Edit: in game name is Rundown

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 20, 2014

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Maugrim posted:

I disagree, the TH8 Mantis base is pretty good and seems to terrify/confuse most opponents.

E: maybe you just get matched against a better class of opponents than we do

We're at an awkward stage where a lot of people are transitioning into TH9, so we get matched against clans with 15+ TH9s and high TH8s. Mantis doesn't really work against them, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Just got booted for inactivity I believe, was in the middle of a triple four three day upgrade. Had nothing to log on for.