Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Wibbleman posted:

Whats your sTart team? I have tried a few of the teams in reddit and they dont work for me. So just building up the high dragon weapons for the team. While building up the other agitos.

I regret to say it's just the common Reddit team. I dunno, it works well enough to have consistent clears on Standard but can't clear on Expert yet, though supposedly once I get the agito weapons it can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Feels bad man.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWhsaf6_8uU

Gala Notte + Human Mym, human Midgard, Gala Spirals, Encyclopedia, daily tenners + social bonus renewal + 5000 wyrmites in half anni endeavors + fire emblem being added to compendium with showcases getting rerun, and a few other things.
All in all, very good, though I wish it had an actual collab announced instead of just Vampy/Vania from GBF event, but the GBF units were datamined so its gotta be on the way.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Watched that live and for my first Dragalia Digest I was incredibly impressed. Why don’t more mobile games put on a presentation that quality? That was delightful.

Hype for all the stuff the veterans probably don’t care about like Fire Emblem going into the event compendium and all the 1/2 stamina double drops bonus so I can farm the hell out of draconic essences.

Most excited about all the eldwater I’ll get from dupes on all those free pulls. Need... more... Eldwater...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Noticed the 2.5y anniversary recently started. Managed to get both new characters off of the free daily pulls already which is cool.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Just had my first “I think I’m getting better at this game” moment doing Master High Jupiter. Within the first 20 seconds or so the rest of the team managed to suicide and drop out.

It would have been faster to drop out and re-queue but I kept going and soloed mHJ from 80% to 0% on my Patia! :toot:

Not very time efficient but it felt good that I’m finally getting the hang of these HDT fights after some embarrassing performances earlier in the week.

Super hype for reset tonight. I’m over half way to sparking so after the free pull I’m gonna throw enough tix/wyrmite at the banner to spark Gala Reborn Zephyr. :woop:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I think the banner with Notte ends tomorrow so I hope you have enough to spark it.

For me I finally managed to beat Ciella on expert solo which was great. Now I can start working on wind Agito weapons. Hopefully I'll be able to clear the others soon.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

HiKaizer posted:

I think the banner with Notte ends tomorrow so I hope you have enough to spark it.

For me I finally managed to beat Ciella on expert solo which was great. Now I can start working on wind Agito weapons. Hopefully I'll be able to clear the others soon.

Sparked Gala Zephyr and got Gala Poseidon on the way! Twice actually! :3:

I’m working on Ciella myself. I can auto battle clear it on Expert but it’s kinda flaky while I work on my Agito weapon levels. Now that I have some time off the plan is to knuckle down and farm my way to 4/9 Agito teams in every element probably except Fire since my Fire adventurers are... somewhat lacking. Great dragons, just no 5*s or H.Lowen.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Since I play this semi-infrequently I still haven't setup Agito farm teams, or even HDT farm teams for each dragon. My current wind team setup kinda sucks (though maybe Notte and Myriam will fix that) and I'm not sure if I've even run the master HDT fights for the initial clears yet.

e: A quick look at a tier list online suggest Myriam kinda sucks while notte and midgard are top tier. :shrug:

Is Grace still viable to stick on every team for heal/shield support and not worry about other healers unless you know you have really good ones like H.Lowen?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 1, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The main thing with Myriam is that she has completely new design space with her amp mechanic, so the only synergy that ties to amps specifically is in her own kit. I imagine she'll probably see more use when we get more payoffs for amps past the existing buff payoffs.

Grace is still very good, but more recent content's been element locking teams so obviously she's not as much of a catch-all (and probably won't be useful in the newest content as its buff dispel hits her iirc)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Since I play this semi-infrequently I still haven't setup Agito farm teams, or even HDT farm teams for each dragon. My current wind team setup kinda sucks (though maybe Notte and Myriam will fix that) and I'm not sure if I've even run the master HDT fights for the initial clears yet.

e: A quick look at a tier list online suggest Myriam kinda sucks while notte and midgard are top tier. :shrug:

Is Grace still viable to stick on every team for heal/shield support and not worry about other healers unless you know you have really good ones like H.Lowen?

Grace is absolutely viable for standard and expert Agito, I haven’t tackled Master yet so I can’t say for sure but I believe she’s still good there too.

As a newbie I’ve had a lot of success with two on-element DPS, Patia and Grace teams across the board until I get weapon levels up enough to drop Patia for a third on element unit.

I’m currently farming Ciella with Notte/THope/Axe Ranzal/Grace although I’m not super happy with it yet. Gonna swap around units and see if I can do better.

The huge drawback of Gala Notte right now is she doesn’t auto-shift in the backline like other similar units do. It’s been confirmed that’s “working as intended” as much of a letdown as it is. So she has to go in the lead (and she’s very squishy) or go without her Giant Notte form.

Thinking I’ll put THope back in the lead slot and replace Notte for now. Human Mids is extremely good and I want to build a bow for V.Chelsea and eventually if I can ever afford spirals again Louise.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dragalia babies

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

First Gala Euden and now Gala Elly's spirals have given the unit an amp. Gee i wonder what the next three gala spirals will do to those unit's kits :v:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Humanoid Midgardsormr and Mercury in one month has opened the flood gates - Okada is willing to turn dragons into adventurers willy nilly now. She isn't even a gala, so depending on the # of banners that pass before the next dream ticket, she's even eligible for that.
I think Cerberus and Jeanne D'Arc are probably going to pop up sooner than later.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

lovely Wizard posted:

I think Cerberus and Jeanne D'Arc are probably going to pop up sooner than later.

I'll only accept that if they gain nonhuman forms instead. :colbert: Just a dog and a bird.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’m excited for Dragalia Lost 2023 when we get monkey forms of all the main cast. Followed by dolphin forms in 2024.

Threw some wyrmite at the banner last night. Landed Gala Laxi and Human Mercury! (Still resisting the trend of calling her HuMer or HumMer) I’m thrilled to get Mercury but even more excited to get Laxi as Fire was the last element I had zero 5*s in.

Woke up at 4am and spent a little time trying to get an auto eVolk team running without HLowen or OP stuff like Mym and Leo. I’m getting real close. If I can break through that barrier I can max the last tree and up my consistency with that alone!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I put together a team to try expert ciella and it came very close to autoing master, but timed out with ~5% of her HP left. Considering the whole team is chimera weapons, that shouldn't be difficult to ramp up.

My partner put most of her wyrmite into the banner aiming for mercury and got laxi and two ranzals, but no merc. I had three single summon tickets from the last event still sitting around and threw them in.

Edit: I consider this recompense for having to nearly spark for Notte.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 15, 2021

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Losing my mind hype for H!Lowen coming back TOMORROW.

eVolk is the only non-eTart Agito I can’t yet auto on solo. I’m pretty sure I can get there with H!Lowen in the mix. A dud of a showcase for vets, but for us Persona newbies getting a chance to pull H!Lowen feels huge. Just about every single auto eVolk guide has H!Lowen.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It is somewhat amusing to me that I have to beat Master Ciella to get the mats to make the weapons to power up a team just to fight this new Kamuy. The weapon limitation cuts out all my good wind units and I'm missing a lot of the ones within the weapon types, lol.

On the plus side, I can auto-battle MCiella with that team now. I barely won with 3 seconds left, but my team was never in danger of dying, so that's nice.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Found this link the other day and figured it might be helpful - https://dragaliauto.com/

It's full of auto teams for endgame content. A lot of them need Gala or other limited units (Gala Leo being a big one), but there are alternate teams for most of those.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Can I just say that I hate the battle royale mode? This game is very much not designed for that many connections at once. I keep ending up in situations where I'm 3-5 levels ahead of another player, but get destroyed because none of my attacks connect, a lag spike resolves, and I take my full life in damage because oops, I was just standing there staring into space while they hit me, I guess. Even against AI characters, it still happens.

Every few weeks I feel the urge to try to get a sunlight stone but 1-2 games reminds me that it's just stone unplayable and I'm better off not bothering.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Nighthand posted:

Can I just say that I hate the battle royale mode? This game is very much not designed for that many connections at once. I keep ending up in situations where I'm 3-5 levels ahead of another player, but get destroyed because none of my attacks connect, a lag spike resolves, and I take my full life in damage because oops, I was just standing there staring into space while they hit me, I guess. Even against AI characters, it still happens.

Every few weeks I feel the urge to try to get a sunlight stone but 1-2 games reminds me that it's just stone unplayable and I'm better off not bothering.

It's really bad on a lot of levels, yeah.

The main thing to keep in mind is that getting into fights is a horrible idea for reasons you've discovered. It's better to just avoid combat as best as you can unless you see someone AFK/very distracted or you're down to the last two or three people.

Dagger works very well for this strategy, between stealth, fast move speed, and being able to just dump damage on someone. Go for stealth attacks, and run away when you inevitably go directly through them and deal 0 damage.

Or just don't play it :v:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Just get into BR matches with 15 AI. Easy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The Linus bot can gently caress off

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Blade has been my goto lately; getting the level advantage gives you a good chance to one shot people with force strike. Against the bots, your skill attacks do a lot of damage with the strength boost. It's fairly easy to start farming people/bots once you hit level 4.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Dream Summoned Julietta and not long after this happened.

10/10 would Dream Summon again. So now I can auto Expert Lilith. :hellyeah:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking forward to when I can auto end game. I feel like I'm close, I just need more Agito weapons.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm slowly getting there. Got my first Lilith standard today, and expert tart. Finally decided to clear out all the main story on very hard too. Just gotta grind away at agito weapons for the foreseeable future.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It’s not 100% but I did a thing today. :3:

Which gives me auto farm for all Standard and Expert Agitos! :woop:

Edit: Did a thing part two!

Julietta owns.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 31, 2021

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Julietta was the 5* I pulled to start the game (along with Jeanne) so it's good to see her finally get what she deserves. I really should put together a better Tart team and see if I can swing that yet. I've been focusing on Volk recently though. My expert auto team needs babysitting for the first phase but is free and clear once the second starts. I'm just so far behind on a fire team compared to basically any other element.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Nighthand posted:

Julietta was the 5* I pulled to start the game (along with Jeanne) so it's good to see her finally get what she deserves. I really should put together a better Tart team and see if I can swing that yet. I've been focusing on Volk recently though. My expert auto team needs babysitting for the first phase but is free and clear once the second starts. I'm just so far behind on a fire team compared to basically any other element.

I can relate. It’s frustrating seeing every single Fire comp for literally any content contains Gala Mym and/or Gala Leo. I’ve got the wyrmite and I’m more than prepared to use it if they bring those two back someday. Oh and the Scorchrend Punisher wyrmprint would be great too since I pulled Yachiyo but the punisher print was from before I started playing. :negative:

I got my initial clears with a janky Euden/H.Lowen/Patia/Grace team that isn’t exactly fast, but helped get the Agito unbinds flowing.

Next on my list are mTwins and eJaldabaoth. eJalda might be tricky without Leo or Mym, but I’ll give it a shot. mTwins I’ve got a ton of pieces for I just need to figure out the right team. I’ve got Gala Mascula, Tiki, Mitsuba, HuMerc, Lily, Lapis, the usual Karina/Pipple and as always Grace. All the guides seem to use Gala Elisanne and/or Fjorm and I don’t have either.

I still have my Dream Ticket in the bank but I’m thinking I’d rather have Azazel for Grace than Xainfried or Jiang Ziya. None of the Fire options feel like they’d really help with eJalda.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I have both mym and leo, I just ignored Volk until basically, uh, a few weeks ago, so I have 0ub scrub Agito weapons for half a comp and that's basically it. I don't even meet the might requirements to try to auto Mighty Zephyr, lol.

I got around it for a while just throwing my 45K might darkness team at everything and didn't worry about the other elements, but the trials of the mighty having teamcomp restrictions throws a wrench into that (as it should).

Fire and water are probably my worst teams, and I'm not sure which is worse. I'm missing some of the best water characters but I've got slightly better water weapons so it kind of balances out.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Crap, I posted this in the iOS thread because I didn't see this one.

I'm getting back into Dragalia, and I heard that you can reroll your first summon really easily. How exactly do you do it, and who should I be going for?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk if you got your answer but I think you can infinitely reroll in-game for free. And if you need to pick someone, Grace can make half of the content an absolute breeze.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I started about four months ago with Grace + Gala Mars and it was an excellent start. Grace + Gala Jeanne is probably the best start.

Depending on your tolerance for rerolling Grace plus any Gala is worth pausing to at least consider. Grace + any Gala dragon is a very reasonable start. Grace + Gala Leonidas or Gala Notte would be a fun start, although the guide I read advised prioritizing dragons over adventurers early and that served me well.

Don’t sweat it to a crazy degree, but it is really valuable to guarantee at least Grace in your starting roll. (You may be detecting a theme here)

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The 1000 day of service celebration has started. If you think you might ever want to play this game, now's the time to join. Lots of free stuff including one day where you get 100 free summons. Pretty sweet!

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
How far are people getting into endgame content? I finally beat Kai Yan master in co-op yesterday, which is sad since he was the first expert battle I beat but the fourth master (though I wouldn't say I beat A&O legitimately since I was dead halfway through). I'm hoping to beat Volk legend soon in co-op. On the other hand, I don't even want to touch the Sinister Dominion expert fights yet--just found them too intimidating to work on. And I will probably never get more light Agito weapons because I hate Tartarus even just on expert.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
EDIT: Wrong thread for wrong ridiculous game.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 25, 2021

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

My auto teams can do eVolk, eKai, and eTart, plus master A&O and Ciella. I've only done standard Lilith but otherwise haven't touched dominion, haven't tried legends, and haven't quite done Morsayati, though I probably could if I bothered to build for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

I've done every solo fight except legend Ciella (haven't bothered to learn it, and I've got other legends that need weeklies) and master Jaldy (I haven't figured out a good team comp and I'm missing Gala Leo). I'm missing a bunch of co-op fights because I don't really trust random people to not fall over for late Agito/Dominion.

Lilith's surprisingly not that bad - she just has a few attacks that aren't obvious what you're supposed to do during them, and a lot of HP. Once you learn how she works (go behind the red orbs during Crossing Candy, and if she teleports to the middle follow your NPCs around), the toughest things are getting a healer with big enough numbers to deal with corruption and finding a Nihility-friendly team with enough DPS.