Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

According to Otz' chat, the DC penalty is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well now that it's my first time with it on, what is it exactly?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Comfortador posted:

Disconnecting from a game gives you a 4 minute penalty where you can't join a new game. If you keep disconnecting, the penalty keeps getting longer and longer and fairly soon you'll be blocked from queueing for games for 24 hours.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Comfortador posted:

If you leave a match before its over you get a penalty wait period before you can queue for a new match. Recently its been deactivated because of all the performance issues with the latest updated which has had the effect of lots of survivors and killers just slamming the disconnect button when a match doesnt go the way they want.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

If you leave a match before its over you get a penalty wait period before you can queue for a new match. Recently its been deactivated because of all the performance issues with the latest updated which has had the effect of lots of survivors and killers just slamming the disconnect button when a match doesnt go the way they want.

I thought it would be funny to hide near a blast mine trapped generator and flashlight blind the killer right after they got stunned by the blast mine, but after I did it the killer immediately disconnected, and I felt terrible. I'm never doing that again. :smith:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Umbreon posted:

I thought it would be funny to hide near a blast mine trapped generator and flashlight blind the killer right after they got stunned by the blast mine, but after I did it the killer immediately disconnected, and I felt terrible. I'm never doing that again. :smith:

If it helps, Blast Mine also Blinds the Killer so you didn't actually add to the pain. Unless you got a second blind off in which case kudos!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hell yeah, I can start playing again

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Hell yeah, I can start playing again

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1418250207221927943?s=20

about "playing"...

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh well...

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
The outage should be resolved already. A bunch of different web services went down.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

If it helps, Blast Mine also Blinds the Killer so you didn't actually add to the pain. Unless you got a second blind off in which case kudos!

You can also extend existing blinds :eng101:, it just doesn't count as another blind event.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It isn't.

Today I got my first ever flashlight-save-through-shack-window, and let me tell you, the killer was very upset in the post game chat. Not sure exactly what they called me, but it sure was a lot of #######s.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I've had "you played well" be censored, so who knows?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

They were definitely calling me slurs or whatever given the non hashtagged stuff, but the filter is truly awful. I tried to compliment a Leon's outfit the other day in pre-game chat and it censored "Leon".

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've seen Myers, youtube, stalk, hooked and more censored, the filter is crazy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well, poo poo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shammypants posted:

Why is it always flashlight and teabagging complaints? It’s not even a thing that matters and it’s all survivors have in their arsenal. In a pie chart of how to troll in dbd, killers have like 75% of the tools.

I want to know the killer troll tech

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Shammypants posted:

Why is it always flashlight and teabagging complaints? It’s not even a thing that matters and it’s all survivors have in their arsenal. In a pie chart of how to troll in dbd, killers have like 75% of the tools.

I'm curious what these tools are myself.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Guessing they meant stuff like face camping, standing on a downed survivor shaking your head til they bleed out, bringing the last survivor near hatch then dropping them and closing the hatch in their face, that sort of thing?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

The Berzerker posted:

Guessing they meant stuff like face camping, standing on a downed survivor shaking your head til they bleed out, bringing the last survivor near hatch then dropping them and closing the hatch in their face, that sort of thing?

As someone who's just come back to the game I see this stuff quite a lot. It might just be my rank though, and that I play solo.

As a killer, many of the old survivor trolling tactics seems to have been solved by giving the killer the ability to start the end game state. No more survivors hiding to try and make you dc out of boredom, although it's now given the ability to close the hatch in their face which I have mixed opinions on.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Now camping I see a lot (and I don't even fault the killer for it since survivors will almost always bum rush the hook like morons and turn one hook into a dozen), but I think I've seen killers get lovely with the bleed timer like twice in a year's worth of playing this game

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I've only made survivors bleed out once and it was when the sabo addon for toolboxes made the sabotage permanent (really weird bug, they fixed it like a week after Trickster launched) and I kept having a team run to the part of the map with no hooks so I couldn't put anyone up, ended up having to slug all 4

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Camping is common and I'm not talking about general camping because you heard survs or saw scratch marks, patrolling, etc. I mean when like, a Leatherface hooks you and stands there nodding with their chainsaw ready til you die, that sort of thing I would consider to be trolling. A Plague full-force barfing at you on hook until you die. etc.

I've had the bleed timer thing done to me at least twice this month that I can remember. One was a Ghostface who I ran for the final 3 or 4 gens, so he stood on me teabagging until I bled out while the other survivors just left me. I'm not complaining about any of this by the way, I have much more hate for useless teammates than a salty killer, just trying to guess what op was referring to with killers being able to troll. Obviously some of these methods are less effective if you have a SWF on comms running useful perks, but I'm coming at this from a solo perspective.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

but I think I've seen killers get lovely with the bleed timer like twice in a year's worth of playing this game

Maybe I've just had bad luck then cos I've only been playing again for a week and I've seen it on 3 separate occasions.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I hate being facecamped but I hate when team mates don't take that opportunity to go do gens. There's been more times than I like that I've been on the hook, the killer just standing in front of me, and because I have Kindred I see two other people crouched just outside, doing nothing, waiting for him to leave.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Medullah posted:

Yeah I hate being facecamped but I hate when team mates don't take that opportunity to go do gens. There's been more times than I like that I've been on the hook, the killer just standing in front of me, and because I have Kindred I see two other people crouched just outside, doing nothing, waiting for him to leave.
If you have kindred yes they should do gens but otherwise, they don't know.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The worst offenders definitely seem to be the killers who can stealth.
On a similar topic I see some really clever use of the hag signs when I watch streams. But when I play its 2/3 around the hooked person, and sure technically that's not face camping...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Medullah posted:

Most recently we met a Trapper who played the part literally, in that they downed someone, put traps down at every available chokepoint near the hook, and stayed inside the circle of those traps, swinging at anyone that tried to disarm a trap or go for the hook.

Now I'm wondering if they could make the point and come emotes into "do gens" and "save me!" emotes respectively.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

temple posted:

If you have kindred yes they should do gens but otherwise, they don't know.

Not every killer who facecamps is a stealth killer or running Insidious. There are a lot of stupid survivors who will just watch you die on hook, while hoping that maybe the killer will eventually leave so they can rush in for a save.

Mega Comrade posted:

The worst offenders definitely seem to be the killers who can stealth.
On a similar topic I see some really clever use of the hag signs when I watch streams. But when I play its 2/3 around the hooked person, and sure technically that's not face camping...

At lower ranks, I definitely see a lot of Ghostfaces who hide close to a hooked survivor trying to stalk anyone who comes for the save, but that tends to go away at higher ranks. Hag on the other hand is my least favorite killer to play against because 90% of them play the exact same way - hook someone, drop a couple traps near the hook (but not right beside it), move away far enough to get a Devour stack and then go back and tunnel off hook (either due to the unhooker setting off a trap, or everyone slowly crouch walking away to avoid doing so but in the process moving super slow and being an easy target regardless). It's so boring.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

marshmallow creep posted:

Most recently we met a Trapper who played the part literally, in that they downed someone, put traps down at every available chokepoint near the hook, and stayed inside the circle of those traps, swinging at anyone that tried to disarm a trap or go for the hook.

Ugh. That is a Trapper who should lose all his gens.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Yeah, you're supposed to trap 2/3 of the paths(basement in killer shack) and "leave" by the third for a long patrol that cuts short suddenly, using your approach and hitbox to return via that same third.. :twisted:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I wish it was that fun to play Trapper, but in practice survivors just bring a map and go around disarming all your traps as fast as you can set them.

To which I usually respond with the addon that hurts survivors for doing that, but I only have so many of those

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

He really does seem to have the short end of the stick. Was watching Otz the other day and he went upstairs on the Haddonfield map, there was a trap right at the top of the stairs. He didn't disarm it, he hugged the wall and went around it. Trapper started up the stairs and had to stop and take care of the trap because his giant frame couldn't do that.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
trapper needing to collect all his poo poo to get rolling feels like such bad game design considering like, hag and pallet Freddy can start setting up from the jump

I have a lot of fun playing trapper (sometimes) but it really depends on map setup

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Trapper desperately needs a buff, he needs to start with 2 traps or at least start with the ability to carry 2 traps in his base kit. I love playing as Trapper but it's hard not to get rocked if the survivors have any ounce of coordination. I think that playing a good amount of survivor makes you stronger with Trapper as you have a better idea of common routes survivors take without doing the obvious placements like in doorways or at shack window - but again, if it's a SWF and anyone has eyes on you, you're pretty hosed.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Otz's thing happened during the Hardcore Season. It was a killer using addons that give extra bloodpoints rather than giving in-game benefits. Took 410 tracked games, plus "at least a couple hundred" before that to see it happen.

The point was that people either don't have the opportunity to bring things just for the hell of it, or are playing with such a "gotta win" mentality that they don't want to.

The killer who did the thing? A generally very clueless rank 17 Deathslinger who was either memeing or just didn't know better.

E: and then it happened immediately again in the next game when a clown brought a +100% BP for hitting survivors with bottles addon.

okay I love Otz but that is just click-baity lol. What was his point? That people aren't going to use a handful of absolutely garbage add-ons that actively make your character worse? :psyduck:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PlasticAutomaton posted:

okay I love Otz but that is just click-baity lol. What was his point? That people aren't going to use a handful of absolutely garbage add-ons that actively make your character worse? :psyduck:

I think he'll probably explain his reasoning and point fully in the YouTube video he's making on the topic, this was kind of a flustered explanation during the hardcore stream.

E: but agreed, as currently explained I don't think the point really says a whole lot about anything vOv

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 23, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Not only do they refuse to buff poor Trapper, his visual update actually made his default traps brighter too.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I actually can't believe it took that many games because I use the party popper addon on Clown constantly because it's funny

I feel like chain limiter Bubba with the iri refresh addon is also relatively common??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Berzerker posted:

Trapper desperately needs a buff, he needs to start with 2 traps or at least start with the ability to carry 2 traps in his base kit. I love playing as Trapper but it's hard not to get rocked if the survivors have any ounce of coordination. I think that playing a good amount of survivor makes you stronger with Trapper as you have a better idea of common routes survivors take without doing the obvious placements like in doorways or at shack window - but again, if it's a SWF and anyone has eyes on you, you're pretty hosed.

The survivor thing especially resonates because you start to learn that the best place to put traps is right around the corner because a lot of survivors hug the walls by instinct even when not in a chase. Like while a lot of good Trappers think you shouldn't trap the basement, IF you do put it right around the left corner at the bottom of the stairs.