Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

my boys MVP :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I want MVP to win this but I also have archon as #2 in my predictions behind cdec. gently caress

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I'm not actually watching this game because SGDQ going on and the draft is bad. I thought they were getting stomped, sad that isn't the case.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
MVP rising like a Phoenix :smugbird:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm not actually watching this game because SGDQ going on and the draft is bad. I thought they were getting stomped, sad that isn't the case.

drat it SGDQ started and conflicts with TI? :argh:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This is actually a pretty exciting game

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Red Red Blue posted:

This is actually a pretty exciting game

Not really - Archon isn't getting far enough ahead. What are they going to do against a maxed out naga?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
The MVP/Archon game is actually pretty much over, they don't have the heroes to stop a Naga that has hit critical mass plus a TA with this much farm.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

Not really - Archon isn't getting far enough ahead. What are they going to do against a maxed out naga?

Well, now, yeah, but up until this point there was a lot of action

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That glimpse on the viper

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

hey korok should i max shadow strike like you came out of the shadows to strike your girlfriend, blink like she did when you punched her in the face, scream of pain like the one she let out as you maliciously attacked her or sonic wave like the one emitted by the police sirens as they apprehended you?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

terrorist ambulance posted:

Ember with 2 rapiers

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

schmitty9800 posted:

Ember with 2 rapiers

Not with TA ready to destroy him if he ever steps out of position.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh boy, kpii is going for Octocore. :getin:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lol the fountain dive

Shallow grave on naga illusion was a nice touch ahha

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Riperino Ameritrasherino.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
drat, I wonder if Archon could have worked with that TA dieback or if they were still doomed.

Almost Honest
Aug 17, 2009
Disgusting

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Zurreco posted:

drat, I wonder if Archon could have worked with that TA dieback or if they were still doomed.

Naga got megas with inpunity and never once joined the fight so probably not

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
what a loving throw man

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Zurreco posted:

Double battlefury Ember Spirit is pretty good at pushing.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

jBrereton posted:

Double battlefury Ember Spirit is pretty good at pushing.

Gets 2-shot by TA though

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
MVP just walked to their front steps and took the entire base. Impressive.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

acai moonsault posted:

hey korok should i max shadow strike like you came out of the shadows to strike your girlfriend, blink like she did when you punched her in the face, scream of pain like the one she let out as you maliciously attacked her or sonic wave like the one emitted by the police sirens as they apprehended you?

Nice.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

QO is quickly becoming my favorite player :allears:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Xtanstic posted:

Gets 2-shot by TA though
We're talking about a dieback, though, where you basically have 100 seconds of QO not jumping in and wrecking two+ of your team at once.

But yeah. TA, good hero against Ember.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Xtanstic posted:

Gets 2-shot by TA though

Yeah but the TA was out for 2 minutes. If Ember is able to kill Naga, they can push down one lane pretty quickly. Still, Naga with octarine can probably stall out those two minutes.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

jBrereton posted:

We're talking about a dieback, though, where you basically have 100 seconds of QO not jumping in and wrecking two+ of your team at once.

But yeah. TA, good hero against Ember.

Fair point though I don't remember how many outer towers were up for MVP so I dunno if Archon could have gotten rax in time.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Vega :ohdear:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

Fair point though I don't remember how many outer towers were up for MVP so I dunno if Archon could have gotten rax in time.

I think all of the t2 towers were still up, maybe one in the sidelanes was down but I don't think so

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Go whichever team picks Tusk!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh man, Rubick stole Cold Embrace.

E: not that it's particularly hard but god drat it's so good for pushing.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Vega collapsed pretty quickly in this game.

RIP Western squads, Chinese wining TI5.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I hope some of these teams in the winner's bracket pick some heros that aren't in the meta so that we can cross them off the list.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

mikeraskol posted:

Continuing the proud CIS tradition of being super inconsistent.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Vega v Archon. Who can throw the least? Winner gets the honorary Demon Dota award.

Zurreco posted:

I hope some of these teams in the winner's bracket pick some heros that aren't in the meta so that we can cross them off the list.

Well MVP Phoenix did win with a safe lane farming Warlock last TI Wildcard...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
RIP Vega :ussr:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
communism wins :china:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

dramatic closeup of the losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Rox
Mar 27, 2010
I like how the international page on dota2.com defaults to russian with no option to change it to english. Nice job valve

• Locked thread