Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Caufman posted:

The two most memorable things about IW were the bolts that quietly shattered glass; and throwing bodies into dumpsters like it's basketball.

what sticks with me were the pequad/queequeg coffee shops, the digital pop star, and the main villain calling denton "young pliable" which is such a weird thing to call someone that its stuck with me for 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAeU8zfqFVk

Lunchabully
Jul 20, 2003
Pillbug
All of you should play Prey if you haven't already. Holy hell it's good, I can't believe I almost passed it up because it's got the same name as that dumb shooter that came out ten or so years ago

I mean it's more a System Shock 2 successor than Deus Ex but I'm guessing 99% of people who like one also like the other

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Lunchabully posted:

All of you should play Prey if you haven't already. Holy hell it's good, I can't believe I almost passed it up because it's got the same name as that dumb shooter that came out ten or so years ago

I mean it's more a System Shock 2 successor than Deus Ex but I'm guessing 99% of people who like one also like the other

Prey owns!

Also if you haven't played Dishonored it's cheap on Steam for the next 12 hours
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205100/Dishonored/

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Lunchabully posted:

Yeah I just finished this, it's great. The story is more...subdued than deus ex by a long shot but yeah.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Good thread, good game. Thanks to whoever posted those PS2 CGI cutscenes, actually super dope. Couldn't imagine beating the game on a PS2 though, load times alone!

SS2, DX, both amazing games. I own IW too but really never played it. HR was enjoyable but felt super samey by the end. People are raving about Prey... I don't know if my comp can handle it though!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

deus ex being speedrun by a german. good.

E: I wanted oh-renj

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Blue Raider posted:

the main villain calling denton "young pliable" which is such a weird thing to call someone that its stuck with me for 15 years

I think that's a Pilgrim's Progress reference

a dumb one. not that there are smart references to be made to Pilgrim's Progress
"Goodboy and Lovespeanutbutter crossed to the Bridge Of Good Boys Don't Eat Peanut Butter and Lovespeanutbutter stopped to eat some peanut butter" wow what a clever allegory to teach me to not eat peanut butter you stupid piece of goddamned poo poo🖕🖕

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

german picking the white haired jc :thunk:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfDxP-nD-g

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tried out GMDX last night. The updated JC model is not the best and they haven't updated them all yet so there's a bit of a disconnect with all the original models walking around. The AI might be a little better, fixing the animations when people get hit and the noises they make might disguise this shortcoming a little more. The next version is due out in a few days so maybe they've fixed some of this stuff in the last couple of years.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Prey owns!

Also if you haven't played Dishonored it's cheap on Steam for the next 12 hours
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205100/Dishonored/

this has been on my wishlist forever and holy poo poo $2.49 is impossible to pass up now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the mean lunch lady posted:

this has been on my wishlist forever and holy poo poo $2.49 is impossible to pass up now

Dishonored owns especially the art style since it's done by same artist who did Half Life 2.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

etalian posted:

Dishonored owns especially the art style since it's done by same artist who did Half Life 2.
Make sure you also get the DLCs, or get a GOTY version that comes with them. They're extremely good.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Can I get this embeded and play every time I hit the post button?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Make sure you also get the DLCs, or get a GOTY version that comes with them. They're extremely good.

Also has Michael Madsen voice acting.

Dishonored is a really fun rear end in a top hat sim and apocalyptic setting is really cool.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Hello new text tone

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImVGXg4_gP4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was blown away when I learned he also played the villain in El Mariachi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7BsZwRS7s

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Caufman posted:

The two most memorable things about IW were the bolts that quietly shattered glass; and throwing bodies into dumpsters like it's basketball.

For me the most memorable stuff was the way that the game would quit to desktop for a second whenever you hit a loading screen and that happened every five minutes since each area was freaking microscopic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Deus Ex predicted the future
-World Trade Center gone
-Internet being subverted to make spying on people easier
-Whole world gets turned into a big oligarchy
-Terrorist hysteria after a attack rapidly advances the police state like nature of the US
such militarizing the police even more
-Future Detroit still sucks

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

-World Trade Center gone
-Terrorist hysteria after a attack rapidly advances the police state like nature of the US
Paris is also the headquarters of the Illuminati.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0hU7jQ5O4

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 6, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

etalian posted:

-World Trade Center gone

Don't forget total media control

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

-World Trade Center gone

Other things Deus Ex predicted:

Wall-mounted computers
PDAs being as common and disposable as paper
Standard office desktops having both floating holographic screens and boxy wired telephones
Lightsabers
giant chairs
the cold war

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Other things Deus Ex predicted:

Wall-mounted computers
PDAs being as common and disposable as paper
Standard office desktops having both floating holographic screens and boxy wired telephones
Lightsabers
giant chairs
the cold war

drunk russian sailors

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I look like I've got the gray death so Deus Ex predicted that part right boy lemme tell ya

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In the visionary future of Deus Ex keyrings have been replaced with a single all-purpose nanomachine key but newspapers are still a thing lol

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Mann posted:

In the visionary future of Deus Ex keyrings have been replaced with a single all-purpose nanomachine key but newspapers are still a thing lol

lol, its like a weekly world news issue

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

lol, its like a weekly world news issue

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"UN Gets Serious With Frenchies" sounds like high-school gossip.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Guy Mann posted:

Aren't those guys a fringe zine

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't remember fighting a bear-sized lizard in deus ex, did I miss that every playthrough?

I remember the tiny raptor guys that jumped around and were annoying as gently caress though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The dinos are the most practical monsters, they do the best job at cleaning up the levels

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

I don't remember fighting a bear-sized lizard in deus ex, did I miss that every playthrough?

I remember the tiny raptor guys that jumped around and were annoying as gently caress though.
Karkians were the big ones, you find them in the same areas as the greasels (little acid-spitting raptor dudes). They'll kill you in one hit but they're so big and slow you'll never really have trouble with them.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

etalian posted:

drunk russian sailors

I just spilled my dreenk, drat you Warren Skeletor.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The year is 2052. JC Denton lights up a cigarette indoors and sighs as he faxes a check to make his monthly payment on his hovercar.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Karkians were the big ones, you find them in the same areas as the greasels (little acid-spitting raptor dudes). They'll kill you in one hit but they're so big and slow you'll never really have trouble with them.

They are also fun to release from cages, I hope the scientists are collecting hazard pay.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
I hated those little spitter dudes. Their acid would cloud your vision, and having JC scream "uff. uff. UGH!" for about five minutes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've played through the game a million times but somehow have forgotten about these creatures, I guess they're not very challenging.

Now the Greys that are made from apes are unforgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIbrQYrXhdI

• Locked thread