Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Can’t or won’t?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

GeneX posted:

Stop this.

Please.

What happened, Emi? What do you know?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Where it went wrong? Stagnation, mortal weakness, individual egos - a cacophonous blend of misfortune that toppled an Empire. Nothing more.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

curiousCat posted:

What happened, Emi? What do you know?

You know most of it, too. I just...I don't want to see her get hurt.

I can't.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

GeneX posted:

You know most of it, too. I just...I don't want to see her get hurt.

I can't.

I wouldn't want to hurt her. I'm trying to help the stars, she knows that it's rotten.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

50 pounds of bread posted:

I wouldn't want to hurt her. I'm trying to help the stars, she knows that it's rotten.

If your actions cause her to come to harm, I...

I don't know what I'll do. I want to threaten you but I don't know. Last time, I...

Ugh.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

She can help me fix what the D'ni broke.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I wish you had seen what I have seen,you would understand.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

At this point I wonder if Katran was aware of something that we'd doubt immediately if she said as such to anyone.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I...

Please. Please.

I don't know what to do.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

At this point I wonder if Katran was aware of something that we'd doubt immediately if she said as such to anyone.

I think I've asked you to believe quite a lot, myself.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Seeker Kasia

My word but you're all downers. Indroj, can I ask what you're trying to do or find? Sorry, but I don't believe I remembered to ask that during that little prison break.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
...can we please with Catherine alone? With the Choctic as they are, it'd be extremely dangerous for her.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

curiousCat posted:

I think I've asked you to believe quite a lot, myself.

I had nearly forgotten, though truth be told, there hasn't been a lot to process, and it hadn't occurred that they'd have more metaphysical consequences besides the Art's danger and whether or not our lives are real with its existence made fact. I'll say no more here. My head hurts, but whatever's wrong will need to be found out.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

Seeker Kasia

My word but you're all downers....

It should be noted, Seeker Kaisa, that it has only been just over two weeks since we all arrived here, and I must inform you that we left Riven with questions, and matters that were neither answered nor resolved. Compound that with news of our homeland, and I can safely tell you that all of us here are still coping in one way or another.

((edit approved by peramene))

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 11, 2019

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello for our next party let's have a family reunion

Atrus, Gehn, Katran, please come to the Arena

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

Seeker Kasia

My word but you're all downers. Indroj, can I ask what you're trying to do or find? Sorry, but I don't believe I remembered to ask that during that little prison break.

I need to fix what the D'ni broke. Their understanding was incomplete, I need to find out where it went wrong so no other stars have to rot.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I need to fix what the D'ni broke. Their understanding was incomplete, I need to find out where it went wrong so no other stars have to rot.

Wait... Brother... Would you be suggesting that worlds linked through the Art pick up instability on their own? That they'd suffer what Riven had almost suffered?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Wait... Brother... Would you be suggesting that worlds linked through the Art pick up instability on their own? That they'd suffer what Riven had almost suffered?

No no, the links are pure. But the descriptive books are dangerous.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Um, Trader's guild people, I think...I think if the stuff is only defensive, then we should...I don't know.

There's...a chance I'm an idiot and will end up broken from this, but I have to...I have to recuse myself. I can't decide this at all.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

GeneX posted:

Um, Trader's guild people, I think...I think if the stuff is only defensive, then we should...I don't know.

There's...a chance I'm an idiot and will end up broken from this, but I have to...I have to recuse myself. I can't decide this at all.

Admittedly, I think Steve and I have had a disagreement. Not sure what to do, but unless he changes his stance, I can't really go along with him.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Speaker Len, of the Shirnao

Can someone please explain to me what the D’ni are? I get the feeling that they’re fairly important to the goings on around here.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

They use the art that ties strings, and rots stars.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Seeker Kasia

Speaker Len, are we still on for tomorrow in the Leisure District? Just trying to confirm before it gets too late in the day.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

They use the art that ties strings, and rots stars.

Oh! They’re the book mystics! Interesting. I would very much like to meet one of these D’ni and discuss the theological underpinnings of their Art.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

Seeker Kasia

Speaker Len, are we still on for tomorrow in the Leisure District? Just trying to confirm before it gets too late in the day.

Yes, nothing has arisen that should impede with that. If you are still free to meet there, I will be present!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Yes, nothing has arisen that should impede with that. If you are still free to meet there, I will be present!

Seeker Kasia

There is a bit of a kerfuffle going on over here, but nothing that should keep me from our meeting. I look forward to it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

Seeker Kasia

There is a bit of a kerfuffle going on over here, but nothing that should keep me from our meeting. I look forward to it.

Speaker Len

It seems that chaos is often the way of life here in Sa, but I suppose it is to be expected considering the wild varieties of life and culture to be found here presently. Why, I have seen the preparations of the puppet show and I believe that it may be a retelling of its destruction, which I am certain is to rile up the Dwellers in attendance, but should definitely be worth watching!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'd like to meet up with you soon Kasia, I have some questions I wanted to ask you in person. I can't take a detour from my path right now, but if you end up in a position to travel to me, let me know.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello who was the one who said someone needed to be brought back to chelly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Meinberg posted:

Speaker Len

It seems that chaos is often the way of life here in Sa, but I suppose it is to be expected considering the wild varieties of life and culture to be found here presently. Why, I have seen the preparations of the puppet show and I believe that it may be a retelling of its destruction, which I am certain is to rile up the Dwellers in attendance, but should definitely be worth watching!

Azure Lain

Well drats, cat is out of the bag! Tonight's show is controversial, and is indeed a retelling of the windmill disaster. Rumors are already ablaze here among the Dwellers about who will be revealed to be the perpetrator behind the incident. Some are even accusing me! Ha ha!

Please come to tonight's show at the fountain where the truth will be revealed, witness the darkest chapter of Dweller history, and gasp as the criminal is finally unmasked!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Meinberg posted:

Can someone please explain to me what the D’ni are? I get the feeling that they’re fairly important to the goings on around here.

Conway of Clan Gavo

You know the Books? The Linking and Descriptive Books? Those were made by the D'ni. They discovered the Art, and they used it to make a massive empire that spanned across Ages.

Then the empire collapsed, and just about all of them died. Kerath could give you more details, but those are pretty much the ones that matter.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Snooze Cruise posted:

Azure Lain

Well drats, cat is out of the bag! Tonight's show is controversial, and is indeed a retelling of the windmill disaster. Rumors are already ablaze here among the Dwellers about who will be revealed to be the perpetrator behind the incident. Some are even accusing me! Ha ha!

Please come to tonight's show at the fountain where the truth will be revealed, witness the darkest chapter of Dweller history, and gasp as the criminal is finally unmasked!

It was you, wasn't it?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

The Lord of Hats posted:

Conway of Clan Gavo

You know the Books? The Linking and Descriptive Books? Those were made by the D'ni. They discovered the Art, and they used it to make a massive empire that spanned across Ages.

Then the empire collapsed, and just about all of them died. Kerath could give you more details, but those are pretty much the ones that matter.

Kerath of D'ni

A sound hic and succinct summary, Guildmate, and yes, I will be happy to discuss their grand history to the pleasure of any who so seek it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SolusLunes posted:

It was you, wasn't it?

You will have to come to the show to find out!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'd like to meet up with you soon Kasia, I have some questions I wanted to ask you in person. I can't take a detour from my path right now, but if you end up in a position to travel to me, let me know.

Seeker Kasia

Well, I will be in the Leisure District at the Cartographer's Guild tomorrow, but after that I don't have anything scheduled immediately.

Additionally, I believe I'd like to speak to... a Naela, or a Conway? I've heard tell of the two of you having participated in a particularly impressive feat of Magicka, and have some questions regarding it if that's alright.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hello?

Has anyone seen a mouse?

long tail, little legs, hops a lot

looks like this

did that upload correctly?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
:f5:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
chell im sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
i....it's okay....i'm sure she'll be fine.