Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
That's Darby Allin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

big black turnout posted:

Does TJPW have wrestlers working a lot of other promotions or is it pretty limited?

They are extremely isolationist as far as working with other feds in Japan goes, even more so than Stardom. They've brought in a few big names like Aja Kong and Meiko Satomura but they never send their wrestlers to other Japanese companies. Outside Japan they've worked with Chikara, EVOLVE, Frontline (Ospreay's company) and obviously AEW.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

smikey posted:

I think Colt had a point; that's a super dated reference for those of us in their mid 30s plus, let alone some 22 year old. Does MJF just watch TV Land as much as he can?

Stevie's been in the news recently due to him going under kidney replacement surgery next month. So yes, Colt is the one who is out of touch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can't believe good young posts with promise keep getting fed to Cavauro, who ends up getting all the attention again. I'm done with this thread for the next two hours

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This thread has made me realize that people want Chikara without all the Quackenbush.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I keep misreading TJPW as TJP and wondering why people are mentioning TJ Perkins

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just wanted CHIKARA without the random year break because Quack thought that would be a legendary story :negative:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I actually want Chikara with more Quackenbush

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I want Quackara with no Chickenbush

Ok now I'm thinking of a bird themed wrestling company, who'd be in it besides Koko B Ware, Road Warrior Hawk, and Will Ospreay?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lone Goat posted:

Ok now I'm thinking of a bird themed wrestling company, who'd be in it besides Koko B Ware, Road Warrior Hawk, and Will Ospreay?

Beth Phoenix

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

The Gobbledy Gooker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Amazing Red.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Raven :)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

I just wanted CHIKARA without the random year break because Quack thought that would be a legendary story :negative:

Id always heard the rumour & innuendo that the year off was because he was going through a divorce for reasons and that he decided to shut down Chikara so his ex wouldnt go after it in divorce proceedings :shrug:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

In watching the BTE vid, Jericho, body-wise, looks to be nearly the same size as Evil Uno.

The year off Chikara took really hurt that company, cot drat.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quacks divorce and the year off really were years ago werent they? Time flies when you make your wife sleep on the couch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

In watching the BTE vid, Jericho, body-wise, looks to be nearly the same size as Evil Uno.

The year off Chikara took really hurt that company, cot drat.

fat wrestlers who still move as though they aren't fat own. Jericho still doing lionsaults like it's no big deal is great. If guys like KO and Jericho have good cardio then let them be as fat as they want. I hope Hangman gets even bigger so we can truly have a hoss-off, no pun intended

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!

Lone Goat posted:

Birds Of War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOoFqbdr-XY

e: Throw the Jack Swagger Soaring Eagle in there too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

be sure to encourage MJF to fight all the clowns during his AAA tour.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

The Red Rooster, The Fabulous Freebirds, Robbie Eagles, the Anthem owl from Impact Wrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

birds of war

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

coconono posted:

This thread has made me realize that people want Chikara without all the Quackenbush.

I just want time travel storylines and to win prizes for watching tbh

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Basic Chunnel posted:

why give the dark order a third member when you could cut evil uno in half

I looked him up to see who he was because I figure a big fatso in pro wrestling is probably somebody who used to be famous but apparently the guy is in his early 30s and is a computer programmer for a living so please be nice because he is definitely reading this post

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

summoning forums poster stab to thread

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Whats the relation between AEW and MLW? Can AEW just poach Jacob Fatu?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I looked him up to see who he was because I figure a big fatso in pro wrestling is probably somebody who used to be famous but apparently the guy is in his early 30s and is a computer programmer for a living so please be nice because he is definitely reading this post

hey if the guy gets to trade in his computer job for one that places him in the godlike tag teams of AEW more power to him

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Grant DaNasty posted:

The Dark Order reminds me of these guys from The Final Sacrifice.

late on this but THANK YOU its been killing me for months trying to think of what these guys reminded me of

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

late on this but THANK YOU its been killing me for months trying to think of what these guys reminded me of

Now I want to see Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus vs. Rowsdower and Troy.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
RIP Rowsdower

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

coconono posted:

Chikara for the last few years has been this thing where they would have decent storylines, but with a cap of maybe three being allowed at any given time. Meanwhile the rest of the roster just sits there doing nothing.

So what I'm saying is have AEW sign Lucas Calhoun and Blank.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thursday AAA card will be streamed?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

This thursday AAA card will be streamed?

On Twitch yes

https://twitter.com/aaanextshow/status/1150950937437057024

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

he is a regular poster in a twitch chat of a stream I watch and it owns.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I really hope the Dark Order shows some killer stuff at All Out, it seems they're 0 for 3 in crowd reactions so far while people are saying they're really good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If anyone lives in Southern California the Dark Order are wrestling the best friends at PWG and general tickets are still available.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loving awesome

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Incessant Excess posted:

I really hope the Dark Order shows some killer stuff at All Out, it seems they're 0 for 3 in crowd reactions so far while people are saying they're really good.

Which has been quite surprising to me since yeah OK the first appearance was out of nowhere and didn't explain poo poo, but the second time around I thought Uno's promo was great (maybe the weird minion segment loving up afterward killed it idk?) and they def. seemed like the most competent tag team out of the threeway, in terms of all sorts of little explicitly tag team poo poo they were doing all match long (Stu pulling off Evangelico when Jungle Boy got really desperate for a tag, for example).

But I have confidence that they're gonna build up momentum when they get through a few 2vs2's plus putting Uno on the mic some more. It's not been the immediate explosion I honestly expected but from the way they are booked it at least seems like AEW is in with them for the long haul and I am confident they will find the bigger audience soon.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

you have to remember that a large portion of aew live fans seem to be fans of the young bucks and thus aren't aware of how good tag teams look and are mostly frightened and afraid the entire time they're watching the dark order

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

brian posted:

you have to remember that a large portion of aew live fans seem to be fans of the young bucks and thus aren't aware of how good tag teams look and are mostly frightened and afraid the entire time they're watching the dark order

:hmmyes:

I've no personal squabble with the Bucks, I like their antics just fine, but I am willing to give this explanation a shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i think the non-flabby-gimp dark order dude has a much worse look that needs some work