Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah I would vote Chores too, he's not as overtly scummy as Tobbs but he is avoiding engaging at all and probably better just to remove that question mark right now if nobody is gonna shoot him

(someone please shoot him)

stfu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Cooking dinner and exercising took way longer than anticipated. Will catch up after I finish eating.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Cooking dinner and exercising took way longer than anticipated. Will catch up after I finish eating.

When you do please update on the workout and dinner situation

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It's taco night for us so I am naturally very excited for dinner

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

what does taco night comprise of for a moatillata

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

this is a stickup posted:

Do you have a reason for this other than wanting to kill tobbs?

Listen. I know Tobbs. I knew him before he was Tobbs.

This is a scum tobbs, because he's using smilies and he's not taking things DEADLY loving SERIOUSLY and trying to skate by.

Yes, it's a loving meta read I'm giving now and I'm angry about it but I know this, down to my balls I know he's scum.

I wouldn't vote chores because Tobbs Gnawed backwards is dongsbot and thus opposites and thus chores = town.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

😕

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

got some chores tonight posted:

what does taco night comprise of for a moatillata

:wink:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also just to second, most of my mafia career has involved tobbs and his meta is influencing my vote greatly. This is extremely reminiscent of his scum game in boring Corey when i was bothered by it but said nothing about it and ended up nked

Also really weird that dongs chores isn't seeing it too

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

Listen. I know Tobbs. I knew him before he was Tobbs.

This is a scum tobbs, because he's using smilies and he's not taking things DEADLY loving SERIOUSLY and trying to skate by.

Yes, it's a loving meta read I'm giving now and I'm angry about it but I know this, down to my balls I know he's scum.

I wouldn't vote chores because Tobbs Gnawed backwards is dongsbot and thus opposites and thus chores = town.

The problem I have is this reads like a scum justification. Tobbs flips town and you can fall back on "well, it was gut, and it's how he was before so it made sense"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That said if everyone is saying it's his meta maybe that's really so. I don't want to vote on just that.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Moatillata posted:

Also just to second, most of my mafia career has involved tobbs and his meta is influencing my vote greatly. This is extremely reminiscent of his scum game in boring Corey when i was bothered by it but said nothing about it and ended up nked

Also really weird that dongs chores isn't seeing it too

?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm sorry but I hate meta reads. Mafia isn't only about finding scum but also about convincing your town friends that they are scum. What am I supposed to do with "uh I played with him before and hes scummy"?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The problem I have is this reads like a scum justification. Tobbs flips town and you can fall back on "well, it was gut, and it's how he was before so it made sense"

I gave a case, however rushed it was.

This is not just gut.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm sorry but I hate meta reads. Mafia isn't only about finding scum but also about convincing your town friends that they are scum. What am I supposed to do with "uh I played with him before and hes scummy"?

YMMV tm go with your heart I'm not here to tell you how to mafs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

I gave a case, however rushed it was.

This is not just gut.

Your case as far as I understand it is rooted in meta, which isn't really a case at all

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Your case as far as I understand it is rooted in meta, which isn't really a case at all

Weren't you one of the people who quoted my original case?

It had nothing to do with meta.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Absurd Revolver posted:

This right off the bat is bugging me, it's meta talk so early in a game. Also it's tobbs.

gently caress your smilies tobbs. Get that poo poo out of here.

gently caress your hedging too.

Secrecy like this is super scummy. Don't hint at things unless you're willing to deal with the consequences.

Hedging. Again.

This is bad D1 play. It's not likely we're going to lynch anything but town.

There's obviously more, but for now ##vote tobbs

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Here's my thoughts on the matter

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794491&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post465980535

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote no lynch

see you d2 boys

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

##vote no lynch

see you d2 boys

:cheers:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote absurd revolver

looking at your case again, you start with by attacking meta talk so early in a game, immediately justify this because "it's tobbs." (this is meta)

now we're back to you telling us that you just KNOW this is scum tobbs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't recall reading that case, apologies

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

##vote absurd revolver

looking at your case again, you start with by attacking meta talk so early in a game, immediately justify this because "it's tobbs." (this is meta)

now we're back to you telling us that you just KNOW this is scum tobbs

Not a good vote I think sticky my man

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Let's talk silver lining y'all at least this will be a good lesson for arifle on why a no lynch isn't favorable for town

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Moatillata posted:

sticking for your maf bro?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:eng101:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ar's case is literally the worst thing ive ever read

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Don't hint at things unless you're willing to deal with the consequences.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

##vote moatzilla

hey pod who are you scumb picks?

At this point I'm happy with a tobbs vote. The cases on him are good and his gameplay strikes me as different from the norm. (Plus I'd be tickled if I caught scum with my first gut-call confirmation post) I would also vote AR for insincere casing of Tobbs and non-content (could be a bus) and chores for just doing drive-by shitposting that is obviously not intended to be remotely helpful.

I've cooled a bit on stickup after he woke up and responded well to Quid's pressure, though his "high chance mags gets vigged" comment feels weird.

Neutral on Moat, Infinitum, Quid, Jon Fisk, Somber right now. I don't like Moat's lumpen list though.

I have newbie town reads on Anaconda and Tired Moritz. Tired Moritz isn't quiiiite a newbie anymore (VF says 8 games played) but I don't see his 'what about lurkers guys' posts coming from a blatant scum redirection PoV.

Bad lurkers (AA, imgay, Harold Krell, peramene) can wait till the lurker rules go into effect and they get forced to participate or die. I wish the lurker rules were in effect from Day 1, but ANarc is making the fair move by not enforcing them for the first day because they weren't posted when it started.

I have no reason to doubt Mr. F!'s claim at this time.

I think that's everyone but I've probably missed someone?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Let's talk silver lining y'all at least this will be a good lesson for arifle on why a no lynch isn't favorable for town

Explain my position on your lumpen list.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

sticking for your maf bro?

Nope just saying it looks bad because it relies on Fisk's mischaracterization of ARs case which Fisk himself just apologized for

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

You make good points, quid makes good points. AR's points are yours but rehashed once tobbs was a safe vote

Tobbs might be scum and I will switch to avoid nolynching but I don't like ar right now

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

moat ar quid + x are just jumping around trying to find an easy push between imgay, chores, toby etc it's sad

chores, what do you mean by this +x? Is this a "there are four scum" statement?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Podima posted:

chores, what do you mean by this +x? Is this a "there are four scum" statement?

yea this is a 17 player game isnt it

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Explain my position on your lumpen list.

Jeez everyone is so demanding of me this game I shall but now it is my turn for family dinner

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote tobbs

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

yea this is a 17 player game isnt it

Thought exercise, then. Who's jumping around on this list?

Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (4): Podima, Podima, Quidthulhu, Moatillata, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum
Absurd Revolver (3): got some chores tonight, Tired Moritz, Anaconda Rifle, got some chores tonight, this is a stickup
Moatillata (2): this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed
got some chores tonight (2): Jonathan Fisk, Mr. F!
this is a stickup (1): Quidthulhu, Podima, Tobbs Gnawed, Quidthulhu, Tobbs Gnawed
Lynch No One! (1): got some chores tonight
imgay (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Moatillata, Mr. F!, this is a stickup, Moatillata, Mr. F!, this is a stickup
Somberbrero (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Quidthulhu (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
Podima (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Infinitum (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Jonathan Fisk (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Mr. F! (0): got some chores tonight, Infinitum, Infinitum, got some chores tonight
Tired Moritz (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, Harold Krell, imgay, peramene

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 01st, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 27 minutes.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Nope just saying it looks bad because it relies on Fisk's mischaracterization of ARs case which Fisk himself just apologized for

I'm not basing anything off fisk though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Podima posted:

Thought exercise, then. Who's jumping around on this list?

i dont understand the question

• Locked thread