Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
A lot of "not liking things" not a lot of why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
OK did a big reread and gently caress me I hate doing this on a phone where I can't really type a post and read at the same time.

Leaning town
---Chili: Inclined to think town. Going out on the limb and making risky accusations. I don't actually like his cases though, but I don't think bad cases on d1 are scummy.
---Toalpaz: similar to chili, and feels similar to his town behavior in my last game with him.
---yami: less of a read here but I could buy their scum hunting. Interaction with quid is a bit wierd but the rest of their posts have been solid.
---JenX: I'm inclined to believe the d1 Miller claim, and her posts have felt genuine.

Null
---AA: I'm probably being too cautious on this, but AA sounds like his usual Bad At Town insane self given my experience with him. I probs could be talked around to him but he's definately not a top vote.
---Steak: I don't know what to think of steak really but the push on him feels utterly artificial. He's clearly an easy target and I would be willing to bet at there's at least one scum vote on him.
---merk: merk has an irritating playstyle but has a history of having good reads. I really don't see the case on him at all at this point.
---zzyzx: I get where the AA push is coming from but he's tunneling wierdly hard this early in day 1 and also claimed scum lol
---lupus: hasn't really said a ton when not directly questioned but the posts they have made seem genuine enough.

Leaning Scum
---bminus: shitposting hard well into serious time irritates me, and given their behavior so far I'd just as soon be rid of him than accept a flimsy case. Not really sure of their meta but this seems over the top even for a shitposter; could be scum exaggerating their usual town style.
---PaulR: multiple wierd cases including the "speculating about multiple factions is a scum tell" thing that reads like scum flinging poo poo at a wall to see what sticks.
---Quid: 'didn't read my pm' and content lurking hard imo. Their posts are largely questions that they don't follow up on.
---Tommunist: briefly got very serious thab reverted to shitposting when attention turned to them. Weak read but suspicious.

The other players I haven't really managed to develop opinions on yet. I'm perfectly happy to sit on my bminus vote for now, given that we still have a while to develop cases and I don't really like the other wagons forming atm.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
OK Tommunist managed to wake up and post genuinely while I was typing that and I'm null on him now

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I always poast genuinely

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

What cases of mine were weird and what was weird about them, other than what you mentioned

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Also gut shot could see Jen as scum.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

CCKeane posted:

Also gut shot could see Jen as scum.

I’ve started to ask everyone who is posting a read with no explanation why, so

Why

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

CCKeane posted:

Catching up, this is a scummy post.

Why

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paul ReiserFS posted:

What cases of mine were weird and what was weird about them, other than what you mentioned

The nonsense case about Yami +1ing for a perfectly reasonable post, trying to flip suspicion to the accuser when called out for the dumb 'setup speculation is scummy' theory.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

It made him hmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

OK did a big reread and gently caress me I hate doing this on a phone where I can't really type a post and read at the same time.

Leaning town
---Chili: Inclined to think town. Going out on the limb and making risky accusations. I don't actually like his cases though, but I don't think bad cases on d1 are scummy.
---Toalpaz: similar to chili, and feels similar to his town behavior in my last game with him.
---yami: less of a read here but I could buy their scum hunting. Interaction with quid is a bit wierd but the rest of their posts have been solid.
---JenX: I'm inclined to believe the d1 Miller claim, and her posts have felt genuine.

Null
---AA: I'm probably being too cautious on this, but AA sounds like his usual Bad At Town insane self given my experience with him. I probs could be talked around to him but he's definately not a top vote.
---Steak: I don't know what to think of steak really but the push on him feels utterly artificial. He's clearly an easy target and I would be willing to bet at there's at least one scum vote on him.
---merk: merk has an irritating playstyle but has a history of having good reads. I really don't see the case on him at all at this point.
---zzyzx: I get where the AA push is coming from but he's tunneling wierdly hard this early in day 1 and also claimed scum lol
---lupus: hasn't really said a ton when not directly questioned but the posts they have made seem genuine enough.

Leaning Scum
---bminus: shitposting hard well into serious time irritates me, and given their behavior so far I'd just as soon be rid of him than accept a flimsy case. Not really sure of their meta but this seems over the top even for a shitposter; could be scum exaggerating their usual town style.
---PaulR: multiple wierd cases including the "speculating about multiple factions is a scum tell" thing that reads like scum flinging poo poo at a wall to see what sticks.
---Quid: 'didn't read my pm' and content lurking hard imo. Their posts are largely questions that they don't follow up on.
---Tommunist: briefly got very serious thab reverted to shitposting when attention turned to them. Weak read but suspicious.

The other players I haven't really managed to develop opinions on yet. I'm perfectly happy to sit on my bminus vote for now, given that we still have a while to develop cases and I don't really like the other wagons forming atm.

Is this the ole Jen, AA, Fool, Bminus scum team post?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Quidthulhu posted:

Mmmmm, not sure I like that explanation from Fenrir, feels a bit like backtrack explaining from his original stance

Quidthulhu posted:

That’s an immediate 180 flip to suddenly hard call me scum :confused:

These posts feel like intentional mischaracterization to me, would vote quid.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I will say, I don't think Yami is making good stances here... not quite full cases.

Very hedgy on yami, this is a scum post. Like, this is exactly what a scumbo would post because it sounds vaguely accusatory while actually saying nothing. ##vote aa

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I’ve started to ask everyone who is posting a read with no explanation why, so

Why

Oh I see.

Gut.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

fool_of_sound posted:

The nonsense case about Yami +1ing for a perfectly reasonable post, trying to flip suspicion to the accuser when called out for the dumb 'setup speculation is scummy' theory.

Yami posted "I agree" to the absolute nonsense Lupus case made by the person they were in the middle of accusing

And I posted a "no u" when Chili posted an explanationless 'this is scummy'

To quote merk, "ok"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

Day 1 slap fights are almost always town v town. Scum doesn't have much reason to steer day 1 discussion, given that it's almost entirely conjecture anyway and very likely to result it a town lynch even without their input. Honestly anyone serious engaging on day 1 probably has a sub par chance of being scum. My toalpaz vote was a joke phase thing based on him always sounding like scum to me, but I'll change it once I have time to actually read the serious posts in detail.

This is a scummy post because it has the air of contributing wisdom to the conversation, but doesn't add significant insight to anything, and the reliance on generalities is suspicious. Of the three sentences here, the first two speak broadly of how mafia games go, and the last is just a promise of future action.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CCKeane posted:

Oh I see.

Gut.

I wish.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

As australians our opinions are now invalid

:agreed:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

zzyzx posted:

Like, what is this even supposed to mean? "I'm disappointed in you lot for saying things that don't have much substance. Me, I prefer to vote for things that are scummy. Please tell me what those are."

lmao

b-minus1 posted:

Fellow townies there is no time for jokephase,. It’s the middle of d1 ffs. we need to get focused and kill Scum otherwise the Scum are going to win!!

##vote mr steak

oh poo poo i dont want that, to happen

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
drat all of these posts suck in the last two pages (including this one)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Paul ReiserFS posted:

You're right and got me thinking that lynching him is the right move.

##vote b-minus1

1) Shitposting is anti-town
2) I've expressed my opinion on his scumclaim
2.5) I still think his 'other scumteam' comments are a tell that he knows more than us, plus:
3)

4) Anything said against him can be superfically rebuffed with "i was joking around :jerkbag:" so he's eseentially making himself unreadable, and Jen's post captures my feelings on that

I think binus is an easy target right now and this is more effort than I would expect justifying a binus vote. Who has an incentive for performative townieness? Scum.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bernstrike posted:

I think binus is an easy target right now and this is more effort than I would expect justifying a binus vote. Who has an incentive for performative townieness? Scum.

I wanted to be clear that it's not (just) a 'lynch the idiot' vote

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

i hold others to a high standard of explaining themselves, i am not excluded from that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my vote on binus IS a "lynch the idiot" vote

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Rude

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Steak posted:

my vote on binus IS a "lynch the idiot" vote

Man you are really salty about last game. Your death ultimately led to us dunking two scum in a row. Both of those players were in my top scum reads. Sometimes you lose some town players along the way. It happens

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
weird that people claim to be voting for the idiot but Nep-Nep has no votes??

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Bernstrike posted:

:drat:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Incidentally I just woke up and am trying to reread but honestly way too tired atm. Did read Paul again tho.

Paul hasn't exactly convinced me to drop the vote. I still don't like weird as hell case on a single post while ignoring the rest of the post history. Especially not after immediately trying to discredit my valid point about, you know the rest of my posts with "Lol OMGUS."

It's not like he even tried to fully parse that ONE post:

Yami Fenrir posted:

:)

Kind of agree on Lupus, as their posts so far are only commentary... but given that there's only two of them, I mostly just want more.

Actual thoughts on quid, toal?

It's quite obviously saying "The two posts Lupus are making are not enough to get a proper read on, I want more", imo. Instead he just jumped on the first part cuz it looked convenient to him.

Anyway I just realized the deadline is at 2 am for me so uhhhh, don't expect me to be present at the time.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bernstrike posted:

nep-nep is a genius

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jen X posted:

nep-nep is a genius

True. Hal on the other hand...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
...is also smart, and handsome, and my friend.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

b-minus1 posted:

I’m at the lake

With the help of the town you will be drowning in it soon

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

With the help of the town you will be drowning in it soon

god i love mustache-twirling villain lines like this. its half the fun of being scum.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Are u steak mr scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tommunist posted:

Are u steak mr scum

contribute some game content and i'll answer you

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Caught up. Only thing that really jumps to my eye is CCKeane being very unwavering in their accusation of fool. Still don't like b-minus.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bernstrike posted:

True. Hal on the other hand...

Bernstrike posted:

...is also smart, and handsome, and my friend.

Let me just say...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In honor of America today I will not vote for any citizens of this so-so country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

In honor of America today I will not vote for any citizens of this so-so country.

Let’s take this one step further and vote out someone from England. First we kicked your rear end on the battlefield, then on the pitch, and finally on the The Game Room subforum