Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Me: Powering up Blastoise isn't worth the stardust, as it has no place in the meta

Also me, a genius: PURPLE BLASTOISE WITH SUNGLASSES? POWER THAT BITCH UP, WOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

Well, other Water-types might outgun Blastoise, but is a Water Gun / Hydro Cannon the best DPS for a Blastoise?

Yes, Hydro Cannon is much better than its other moves.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

seiferguy posted:

Me: Powering up Blastoise isn't worth the stardust, as it has no place in the meta

everyone should power up at least one non-meta-relevant pokemon in their lives

this isn't a bad choice

e: I still think they hosed up squirtle day with this aviator nonsense, but Officer Blastoise does make for a compelling argument on its own

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 10, 2018

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

He strikes me as more of a Mr. Plinkett Blastoise, tbh

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Thanks for adding me, to those who did. I ran out of gifts unfortunately.

Now if I can just figure out how to be remotely successful at this game!

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Walked around for hours with no sunglasses to show for it. Unlucky I guess.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

DaStampede posted:

Did you do field research at all or do you mean shiny sunglasses?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DaStampede posted:

I hate to break it to you, but sunglasses were from the research missions.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

100% full proof guide to which Pokemon to power up:

1) Do you think they're cool? Power that thing up!
2) Will they help you beat up other Pokemon? Power that thing up!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I powered up a Slow King just because he's hilarious to leave in gyms

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

When the game first came out I hoarded Stardust like it was the spice from Dune, but when I did eventually decide to power up a Pokemon, the choice was obvious: Seaking

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
My usual gym pokemon is either a high CP random pokemon, or if it's already mostly defened, a Luvdisc or Magikarp.
Named token.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

Well, other Water-types might outgun Blastoise, but is a Water Gun / Hydro Cannon the best DPS for a Blastoise?

Yes, but it’s still worse than a hydro pump vaporeon which is worse than a waterfall/hydro pump Gyarados

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Yes, but it’s still worse than a hydro pump vaporeon which is worse than a waterfall/hydro pump Gyarados

Gyarados doesn't have sweet shades.

If he did... Well. Make it happen Niantic.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Reported

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

mastershakeman posted:

I've realized the best use for alolan eggs:

Say that my wife and I both have 10 larvitars we'd like to save for double candy tradein. But wait! If we each trsd them to each other for long distance alolans, we can get 3 candy for the trade . Even if it's just one way and not getting a larbitsr or whatever back you still come out ahead

But what if they double trade candy at Halloween too? You'll have missed your chance!

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
I maxed out my perfect shiny sunglasses Blastoise because that's like hitting a triple jackpot. He caps out at 2291cp which may not be able to contend with powerhouses like vileplume, cloyster and walrein but he beats wailord by 33 whole points! Also he's a cop.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BrainMeats posted:

I maxed out my perfect shiny sunglasses Blastoise because that's like hitting a triple jackpot. He caps out at 2291cp which may not be able to contend with powerhouses like vileplume, cloyster and walrein but he beats wailord by 33 whole points! Also he's a cop.

He probably beats the hell out of golem too.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Modus Pwnens posted:

I hate to break it to you, but sunglasses were from the research missions.

I had a feeling it was my fault

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Today I traded an Alolan Sandshrew from Pod6 for a 49IV Smackdown Ttar who ended up at 78IV for me. Trading can work wonders!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/pitbull/status/1016491680596234241?s=21

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

seiferguy posted:

:yeah:

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah gently caress the haters, I'm powering up my shades-wearing shiny Blastoise because I can.

I am absolutely powering up my shiny shades Blastoise too. He will reign supreme over gyms across the land.

kensei posted:

Every time I have an open egg slot I look for your gifts first. Thanks so much!

Glad they're popular! There's a good chance I'll be leaving Tbilisi in the next few weeks so, if anyone hasn't gotten a squiggly word postcard or Georgian mon for their collection let me know and I'll try to prioritize you for my next gifting spree.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Lakedaimon posted:

When the game first came out I hoarded Stardust like it was the spice from Dune, but when I did eventually decide to power up a Pokemon, the choice was obvious: Seaking

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

pod6isjerks posted:

I am absolutely powering up my shiny shades Blastoise too. He will reign supreme over gyms across the land.

Glad they're popular! There's a good chance I'll be leaving Tbilisi in the next few weeks so, if anyone hasn't gotten a squiggly word postcard or Georgian mon for their collection let me know and I'll try to prioritize you for my next gifting spree.

Are you going to somewhere as equally cool, because I love these postcards, and people never believe me when I say I have mon from the country of Georgia?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
If anyone here is A. planning on attending GoFest and B. going "where the gently caress are my bracelets," apparently the company that sent them out skimped on postage.

Looks like your best bet is to call USPS and see if they can help. I have no idea why they waited so long to ship, because I don't see how they're going to sort this out in time. Meaning some people have to decide if they want to go past their free cancelation dates, maybe even show up in Chicago with no bracelets and hope Niantic has a booth outside LP.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Does anyone know how exactly TMs work? I blew 4 charge TMs trying to get Outrage on Rayquaza but it just kept bouncing between Aerial Ace and Ancient Power, so either it changes between two different attacks and not every one the pokemon has access to, or I was just incredibly unlucky.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Does anyone know how exactly TMs work? I blew 4 charge TMs trying to get Outrage on Rayquaza but it just kept bouncing between Aerial Ace and Ancient Power, so either it changes between two different attacks and not every one the pokemon has access to, or I was just incredibly unlucky.
You were unlucky.

It's a reroll and the only blocked one is the one you just lost.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I probably blew through 12 charged TMs trying to get stone edge on all of my smack down Tyranitars, since they kept alternating between crunch and fire blast. It's all luck.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
just lol if ur not power leveling all the worst things because lmao nothing matters in this game. just mash the screen faster.

there's a dude in my town with the username of RatMan and he only places rats on gyms. I want to high five that dude so hard.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:rip: Triple XP. You were too good for this world. You got me to 36 hella fast.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

just lol if ur not power leveling all the worst things because lmao nothing matters in this game. just mash the screen faster.

there's a dude in my town with the username of RatMan and he only places rats on gyms. I want to high five that dude so hard.

I admire dedication like that.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The release of Alolan Rattata was probably revelatory for him. Maybe his best day ever.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

We had a guy named GoofDogMan in our town who only placed dogs in gyms. A true hero.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

pod6isjerks posted:

Can you open your gift from me? (HookShot88) I want to send you a special postcard from my part of the world.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've seen someone named RickGhastly who only puts Ghastlys in gyms.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

seiferguy posted:

I've seen someone named RickGhastly who only puts Ghastlys in gyms.

I name all my Ghastlys Rick :3:

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

Are you going to somewhere as equally cool, because I love these postcards, and people never believe me when I say I have mon from the country of Georgia?

Moscow!

HookShot posted:

Can you open your gift from me? (HookShot88) I want to send you a special postcard from my part of the world.

Gift opened! Looking forward to the special postcard!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I hatched an Alolan egg that a nice goon sent me from Paris! It was therefore a Grimée, and I have now evolved her into a Muque. :allears:

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

pod6isjerks posted:

Moscow!

Gift opened! Looking forward to the special postcard!

I added you, 'Posthum', I'm excited for potential eggs from Moscow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My Swedish Ninetales is named BorkBorkBork

• Locked thread