Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gamma Nerd posted:

The 1:54 is also on emulator so it's not possible to compare lag and such.

e: Meta's pony wallpaper :gonk:

Oh for fucksakes, that weight lifting horse is NOT from MLP.

And his wallpaper is Agumon sticking a Meowth in his armpit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

I like how MetaSigma posts like he talks.

MetaSigma posted:

Wait a minute...explain a couple of things...how do you get 3 crystals from BOTH side during the raptor fight? I noticed that in your 100% TAS you sometimes get some INSANE pick-ups. Are those MANIPULABLE?! In Console version the left side only gives 1 and the right 3 (Or the other way around) So how did you snag 6!?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The horse looks straight out of Ren & Stimpy, or at least the same school of animation.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I like how MetaSigma posts like he talks.

Needs more exclamation points placed on their own between words.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Oh Klaige Bloodlines Rage, how I've missed ye. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.twitch.tv/mike89sda

Mike starting the game swap with Punch-Out.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
New WR on Bloodlines!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Lord Chumley posted:

New WR on Bloodlines!

31:27 with Lecarde, he says sub-31 is the target.

E:

:cheers:

iastudent fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 6, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
20:12, new Timecop WR by Omnigamer!

Its a sub 20 by SDA standards so he's happy with it.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

SuperMCGamer is going to get the world record time on the visual masterpiece, Zelda's Adventure sometime tonight. http://www.twitch.tv/supermcgamer?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=speedrunslive.com

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Vince Videogames posted:

SuperMCGamer is going to get the world record time on the visual masterpiece, Zelda's Adventure sometime tonight. http://www.twitch.tv/supermcgamer?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=speedrunslive.com

Oh he actually does speedruns? Every time I checked his stream he was just playing Minecraft.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Dxtr just tied Funkdoc's 10:42 in Batman. One of them's going to shatter the 10:40 barrier before long.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Dxtr just made 10:37 apparently. Freaking BEAST.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ToastyPotato posted:

Dxtr just made 10:37 apparently. Freaking BEAST.

Batman is reaching levels of ridiculousness never seen before. C'mon, Funkdoc, hit the hypothetical ceiling at 10:30.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

mike89 and werster are back on that Sonic 3 and Knuckles co-op action: http://www.twitch.tv/werster

Edit: They migrated to mike89's stream and are now playing Kirby Return to Dream Land: http://www.twitch.tv/mike89sda/new

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 7, 2013

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alteisen posted:

Oh for fucksakes, that weight lifting horse is NOT from MLP.

Doesn't it have a symbol on its rear end like all those ponies? I'd be happy to hear confirmation otherwise, I always feel a bit weirded out when I watch his stream.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yes, it's from MLP. Not fanart, the character and picture are directly from the show. Can we drop that now, or at least be reasonable about it? Let streamers fill the blank space in their streams with whatever funny pictures they want.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Good lord, these days pony fans have gotten legitimately less annoying than anti-pony fans whose mission it is to inform everyone just how much they hate ponies and how anti-brony they are. Even if it was cutesy fanart of one of a main pony charactes, who the gently caress cares. There's another 4/5 of the screen to look at. Just cover it up with a NotePad window or something if a cartoon animal upsets you so much.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I said I felt weirded out, rear end in a top hat, there's no reason to jump all over me to defend your precious ponies.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
On the other hand I think we can all agree that MLP is off topic regardless of preference towards it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Shut up about ponies and keep up the pony hate in game and only hate it if some idiot drags it into the forums. There will never be a time where MLP stuff is tolerated here. Hope this helps.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
When will somebody start running Crystal's Pony Tale for the Sega Genesis?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Well, I finally have a new Sinister Six PB/WR, 6:54

I was almost 14s ahead going into the final stage and then my mind just went all over the place on it and the Doc Ock fight. It's nice to see some improvement but how that ended is gonna hurt for awhile. :(

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Dos posted:

When will somebody start running Crystal's Pony Tale for the Sega Genesis?

I think wolfshirt or someone did a funny LP of it.
edit: actually its bad dont look for it

brap fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 7, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
The new Prehistoria route Metasigma's worked on with Theangrypanda1 from Saturn's previously linked emulated 1h54m speedrun helped cut a lot of time from not having to level the hard ball skill from skelesnails anymore, saving about 2 minutes. With the other small tweaks contributing to the near 4 minutes he beat his previous best by. :stare: Still improvable by a minute or two as well.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
Does anyone here stream speedruns of newer PC games? I've been looking into getting into streaming speedruns of PC games but I don't really know what route to go for streaming solution since there are a lot of different options (software, hardware, 2 PC, etc.) I think my best bet is to get some sort of external capture card to link my gaming PC to my old PC and stream from there since this will reduce the workload of both PCs and also allow me to stream consoles as well.

If anyone has experience with this type of setup, or knows a streamer that would be willing to give me advice that would be great.

Also, completely unrelated, my friend and I can't stop watching funkdoc and dxtr battle over the NES Batman WR. I think I've watched more speedrunning streams since AGDQ than I've watched TV in the past several years.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

BonerKid posted:

Does anyone here stream speedruns of newer PC games? I've been looking into getting into streaming speedruns of PC games but I don't really know what route to go for streaming solution since there are a lot of different options (software, hardware, 2 PC, etc.) I think my best bet is to get some sort of external capture card to link my gaming PC to my old PC and stream from there since this will reduce the workload of both PCs and also allow me to stream consoles as well.

If anyone has experience with this type of setup, or knows a streamer that would be willing to give me advice that would be great.

Also, completely unrelated, my friend and I can't stop watching funkdoc and dxtr battle over the NES Batman WR. I think I've watched more speedrunning streams since AGDQ than I've watched TV in the past several years.

I mean, Xsplit is pretty much the goto for streamers. I assume you'd be fine with that but I'm not a runner.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Adam AK speedruns Amnesia, among other games. You can try asking him for help, I think his stream is just twitch.tv/adam_ak
A lot of the Dark Souls runners at Speedrunslive play the PC version, including Kotti. So you can ask him or the others for help, too. His stream is twitch.tv/thekotti.

Another alternative is to hop into the SRL IRC, irc.speedrunslive.com and the main channel, #speedrunslive, and try asking for some help.
I think SDA might have a page on PC setups, but I'm not sure. I know they have some stuff on capture devices.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

BonerKid posted:

If you have a quad-core and 2x4gb of ram (which I assume you do, considering you're calling it a gaming pc) you should be perfectly fine with xsplit or obs (open broadcaster software).

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have a link to the AGDQ dark souls speedrun?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Feasel has spent all morning driving himself insane by attempting a Zelda 2 "low-level" 1-3-1 run. He was making decent progress early on, then got stuck on palace 6 for almost an hour. He seemed back on pace after that... until it was time to run through Death Valley. :unsmigghh:

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Does anyone have a link to the AGDQ dark souls speedrun?
It doesn't look like it's been encoded and uploaded to archive.org yet, so this will have to do.

http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/355843975?t=7h23m30s

Vakal
May 11, 2008

iastudent posted:

Feasel has spent all morning driving himself insane by attempting a Zelda 2 "low-level" 1-3-1 run. He was making decent progress early on, then got stuck on palace 6 for almost an hour. He seemed back on pace after that... until it was time to run through Death Valley. :unsmigghh:

Oh man. 96 hits to kill Thunderbird with level 1 attack power. That's just torturous even if you didn't have to restart the entire temple after running out of lives.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Vakal posted:

Oh man. 96 hits to kill Thunderbird with level 1 attack power. That's just torturous even if you didn't have to restart the entire temple after running out of lives.

I ran out to grab groceries shortly after he started the final palace and he's been stuck on Thunderbird for over an hour now, 4 hours total on the run.

He's got the patience of a saint for sticking through it but I fear that it's all gonna come out at some point and end with him maiming his NES or someone. Maybe both. :ohdear:

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
For a while now I've been trying to figure out the best way to watch some streams without being constantly tethered to the computer. My first thoughts were to use the hdmi out on my videocard and run a cable to my main tv. This works ok, but isn't quite what I was going for. I've experimented with a few different DLNA servers and have had mixed results. I think that I finally found a good way to do this though.

So, serviio has been my go-to DLNA server at home for a while now and it's been a long wait for someone to write a twitch plugin for it. But finally, one popped up recently: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9216. It basically will tunnel the video from twitch (among many other things) to whatever DLNA compliant devices you have on your network. It isn't just a straight feed as everything runs through FFmpeg first. So, I've been watching streams on my tv in the living room (through either the PS3 or 360) and in the bedroom where there is a Bravia internet tv.

As of right now the plugin has only been downloaded a handful of times, so I'm assuming not many people use it. But, if anyone has a more efficient way of doing this I'd love to hear it.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Omnigamer is reviewing his Nier single-segment run to see what can be improved or if he should send it in to SDA.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Our long national nightmare is over.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

iastudent posted:

Good for him that he actually finished. When I came back and the stream was down I thought maybe he died from radiation poisoning from his CRT tv.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

iastudent posted:

I don't understand what I am seeing. 8 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't understand what I am seeing. 8 hours?
A new record of course :eng101:
for the low level category :eng99:

• Locked thread