Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Post poste posted:

This entire quote is bunk because Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel exists and is mediocre.
Well, it was made after Borderlands 2, so I assumed it was lumped in under "sucks" and I'm cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Just make an entire game that consists of pressing buttons which play recordings of Handsome Jack and Cave Johnson getting into verbal slapfights and I will preorder. :allears:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak was good

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't think of a worse thing for a company to do in 2018 than make an earnest Duke Nukem movie. If it's anything other than a character assassination of the type of person Duke is then it's just gonna be awful.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

As a biologist I can't get enough of people thinking they got it all figured out.

No, no matter how many people she hosed, there won't be any DNA soup happening with any potential children (I wonder if this guy knows how much bacterial DNA there's in his everything?).

And no, the vagina is not a gashing open wound you loving moron.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think I found a "I do not understand popular thing. I am very smart."

https://twitter.com/mikerugnetta/status/957854128872534017

https://twitter.com/mikerugnetta/status/957856251446218752

Image mirror:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Just make an entire game that consists of pressing buttons which play recordings of Handsome Jack and Cave Johnson getting into verbal slapfights and I will preorder. :allears:

Tales From the Borderlands is my favorite Telltale game by far, and I'm not even a big fan of the Borderlands franchise.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I should probably finish that some day

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

CommonShore posted:

The one that gets me is how the ads shift -after- I buy something. E.g. ordered new glasses? Now for the next six months enjoy glasses ads to remind you of your purchase.

Amazon loves to suggest that I set up recurring auto-orders for whatever I just bought, regardless of what it is.

"You bought: Yamaha Digital Piano P-115B. Set up an automatic refill every (1)(2)(4) weeks now!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Those things are the best tho, I love dumb algorithms that yield results that no human would ever consider even vaguely correct

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Fathis Munk posted:

I should probably finish that some day

It’s pretty fantastic, but no Mr. Torgue Flexington, which is a shame.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Amazon loves to suggest that I set up recurring auto-orders for whatever I just bought, regardless of what it is.

"You bought: Yamaha Digital Piano P-115B. Set up an automatic refill every (1)(2)(4) weeks now!"

You just bought Lord of the Rings (Complete Trilogy) - would you like to buy Fellowship of the Ring as well?

Funnily enough, I would not.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I can't think of a worse thing for a company to do in 2018 than make an earnest Duke Nukem movie.

You misspelled Ernest, plus that sounds awesome

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RNG posted:

Tales From the Borderlands is my favorite Telltale game by far, and I'm not even a big fan of the Borderlands franchise.

And that was someone else doing the Borderlands world, but doing it better than Gearbox. Gearbox are loving terrible.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fathis Munk posted:

Those things are the best tho, I love dumb algorithms that yield results that no human would ever consider even vaguely correct

I once saw a subscribe and save offer on a funeral urn. For the serial killer who plans ahead.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Wow this post gave me typhoid

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Facebook Aunt posted:

I once saw a subscribe and save offer on a funeral urn. For the serial killer who plans ahead.

Related story to an ad for an urn; I was visiting my mom's grave one Mother's Day, and on the way back to my car, I was stopped by an employee of the cemetery who offered me a survey about my experience. If I completed it, I would be entered into a drawing, the grand prize of which was a free gravesite

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hey those can be incredibly expensive depending on location.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

jivjov posted:

Related story to an ad for an urn; I was visiting my mom's grave one Mother's Day, and on the way back to my car, I was stopped by an employee of the cemetery who offered me a survey about my experience. If I completed it, I would be entered into a drawing, the grand prize of which was a free gravesite

That’s the most American thing I’ve ever heard of.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I can't think of a worse thing for a company to do in 2018 than make an earnest Duke Nukem movie. If it's anything other than a character assassination of the type of person Duke is then it's just gonna be awful.

Last I heard it had Michael Bay attached so lol at a thoughtful and nuanced approach.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

jivjov posted:

You are a damned fool if you didn't fill out that survey.

THINK OF THE SAVINGS.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Just pretend The Wrestler is the Duke Nukem movie we pretty much wanted to see made, except with a different career.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Asiina posted:

Last I heard it had Michael Bay attached so lol at a thoughtful and nuanced approach.

He's the only person I trust to make a Duke Nukem movie.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

jivjov posted:

I hope you gave him all :five: or it’s coming right off his commission

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm just keeping this guy around for his hot takes

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Trig Discipline posted:

You misspelled Ernest, plus that sounds awesome
I would watch an Ernest vs. Duke Nukem movie if Jim Varney wasn't dead. :(

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

from Trump lol thread

also bonus racism

Mr Ice Cream Glove has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Jan 29, 2018

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

I would watch an Ernest vs. Duke Nukem movie if Jim Varney wasn't dead. :(

Well let me tell you about my script for Duke-end At Ernie's.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

the whitest christmas

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ernest P. Worrell is wonderful and here's a pretty neat Twitter thread about his first movie:

https://twitter.com/elizabethcatte/status/952913204564447232

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak was good

Published by Gearbox only. Plus the homeworld remastered edition was more of a passion project for ex relic employees than a true gearbox development.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Westjet maybe should have waited a week or two before getting pumped up about their newest route.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Post poste posted:

This entire quote is bunk because Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel exists and is mediocre.
The Pre-Sequel wasn't made by Gearbox, only published by them. It was made by an Australian company, which is why everyone on Pandora's moon was Australian.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That was the second one not the pre sequel. Not sure if it makes a difference or not.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Handsome Jack did nothing wrong. If you purposefully turn off your shield for a cutscene you deserve to get shot.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Picnic Princess posted:

Westjet maybe should have waited a week or two before getting pumped up about their newest route.

I dunno, in Paris itself the Seine is high but still contained.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

from Trump lol thread

also bonus racism

Dudes gonna wonder why he is getting laid in college.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Madkal posted:

Dudes gonna wonder why he is getting laid in college.

According to the incel thread, its probably something to do with his eyelid structure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

also bonus racism

This guy deleted his reddit account, good.