Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/aboblyndsae

Here's my profile. I haven't uploaded anything in over a month (hooking the Wii-U up too far away to play in bed was a bad idea), but I made a decent amount of progress on a new level today—so expect more sometime soonish?

Dr. Dos posted:

what determines the level's thumbnail image?

Your thumbnail image is whatever screen you're on when you save your level.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

Super Expert:
2.89%: 29/1002
1.68%: 5/295
3.80%: 7/184

Expert:
2.58%: 10/387

Full profile is here if you also wanna see some Normal and Easy courses: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/quiggy

Do your super expert stages have any elements with a degree of randomness to them ie rng bullshit / chain chomps / bowsers / pipes that spit out needed items or enemies / platforming challenges involving cyclical elements that you have to hit right but can/cant reset?

I wonder if they do something like use the difference / uncertainty between successful clear time-taken to apply an uncertainty percentage / sigma deviation in the clear %
Did all the stages get retroactive clear times pasted on them? If so we'd know they've been tracking clear times the whole time invisibly

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

zolthorg posted:

Did all the stages get retroactive clear times pasted on them? If so we'd know they've been tracking clear times the whole time invisibly

I don't believe so.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

zolthorg posted:

Do your super expert stages have any elements with a degree of randomness to them ie rng bullshit / chain chomps / bowsers / pipes that spit out needed items or enemies / platforming challenges involving cyclical elements that you have to hit right but can/cant reset?

I wonder if they do something like use the difference / uncertainty between successful clear time-taken to apply an uncertainty percentage / sigma deviation in the clear %

All four of those courses were designed to have no RNG involved, and you can reset any obstacle provided it didn't kill you. One level does have Bowser, but it's one of the Super Experts.

jercoxthealmighty
Dec 18, 2007
On a roll, today. Made another one!

Invasion Of The Strange

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Okay, this whole bookmark thing is pretty drat nifty. Easier than toting my controller to the computer anyway.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Persidian

Only a few so far; Mario's Shop of Horrors is my favorite and Orb of Glory will probably get reported sooner or later.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Rack posted:

Played it, starred it, got the record :cool:

Just so you know, it's pretty easy to skip the clown-car sub-area entirely. That crate with 3 coins on it after you finish the first sub-area, you can jump from that on top of the airship and run to the end

edit - Oh hey, I have a profile too!

Woo thanks for that mention! I've updated my previous post and re-uploaded it with that and a few other things fixed.

Also went ahead and updated one of my old levels to feel more like a desert temple.

Bone-Dry Dunes

DarkLich fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 23, 2015

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Okay, this whole bookmark thing is pretty drat nifty. Easier than toting my controller to the computer anyway.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Persidian

Only a few so far; Mario's Shop of Horrors is my favorite and Orb of Glory will probably get reported sooner or later.

e:

greatn posted:

I have a remake of every normal Mega Man 3 stage I'm proud of. Especially the ending of the last level Shadow Man.

The Thwomp part perfectly captures that part of the original stage. The boss is good but pretty unforgiving; took a few tries. The "teleport" at the end is great.

e2:

nerdbot posted:

Destroy the Cheepcore

Well, that was something. Conceptually I really love the platform track but I was stuck on it for a bunch of lives. The Thwomps weren't too hard to manipulate but if there's a trick to getting the Bobombs to be less random I never figured it out. That section's great/awful because it defies my ability to memorize a successful path, being difficult to do precisely the same way repeatedly.

The "Cheepcore" itself was pretty cool but I kinda wish there was another option to destroy it beside the axe, though I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 23, 2015

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Couple things I noticed that are nice.

-The mario maker bookmark site is optimized to run very well on the wii u internet browser, and can be launched from a course world tab in mario maker.

-Your profile page lists your friends list folks who also own mario maker, allowing you to easily check out and bookmark their levels.

Oh and since we're linking profiles to check out people's pages, here's mine.

I have assorted experiments, finished levels, and my 3 latest things are shoot em up levels using the new fire clowncopter.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/iamSpacedad

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are the NWC courses gone? I really want the skinny mushroom.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are the NWC courses gone? I really want the skinny mushroom.

Those are baked into the game; not an online thing. Just go beat all the 10 Mario Challenge sets. The NWC courses are the last ones.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This fourth NWC course has me thoroughly jiggled.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

e: deleted course for edits

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 24, 2015

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
I just learned a devious new trick from this recent level:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/

1. Place two burners or firebars on top of a door.
2. Go through that door's partner.
3. Magically clip to the next vacant space! Surround the door with ground and that can be quite far from the exit door indeed!

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 23, 2015

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
So in my attempt to make a normal style Castle Level has given me a Super Expert rating on it.

Can anyone here try it? I wanna know if it's too hard, too frustrating, or if people are just bad at Mario games
\https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/05E4-0000-00D6-E7D6

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

So in my attempt to make a normal style Castle Level has given me a Super Expert rating on it.

Can anyone here try it? I wanna know if it's too hard, too frustrating, or if people are just bad at Mario games
\https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/

It looks really long and tracks are notoriously frustrating because the pace is forced so you can't progress quicker the next time. That'll get skips.
Just after checkpoint is crazy with the bowser fire and thwomp during that last drop. You try to inch out of his way and then those spikes at the corner kill you.
Spikes galore plus super fast blue skulls turning on a dime in the door after that.
It's expert in my book, but it's definitely not Normal.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 23, 2015

night slime
May 14, 2014
072F-0000-0128-E2D0 Not my course but a really cool Christmas course some random guy gave me.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

DarkLich posted:

Leaving feedback on your levels as Dustin!!

Ooooooh, THAT'S who you are. Good to meet ya.

Danger Man
Jun 29, 2004

Someone is Liable to Get Hurt

Danger Man posted:

The Hard Castle of Gard
By Danger Man
D34B-0000-00DA-3452

My attempt at making a traditional hard SMB3 castle level. This one should be pretty fair, and even has a checkpoint.

The Really Hard Castle of Gard
By Danger Man
019C-0000-00D8-749A

This is the same level as before, only way harder.

Tricks & Traps
By Danger Man
7381-0000-00D4-FA93

A ghost house where you may have to spend some time figuring out where to go.

Shroomhanger
By Danger Man
2A93-0000-0052-E8BF

Tried to make a mountain/climbing level with some tricky jumps.

No One Has Escaped
By Danger Man
ADE9-0000-00E1-F45D

This was just my attempt at making the hardest level I could come up with and still beat.

I think I scared everyone away with posting my difficult levels. The first level on the list is no really _that_ hard. Maybe about the same difficulty as some of the later SMB3 levels. Would really appreciate a comment or two :)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I changed one of my earlier levels that had a shmup section to use the new clown car and smoothed out some other parts of the level. So, here it is again.

How tough are ya?

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/655E-0000-0127-339E

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was thinking that it would be cool if you could paste a course link into something like gamesplusone.com and have it reupload the images and stuff, convert the whole to bbcode, etc., but I guess for now we can just hot link the images directly from the bookmark site? Figured that usually would be frowned upon, though I guess it could be considered a temporary measure, maybe.

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral
I was just sitting down to play through levels and the servers are down. Looks like Lizard Squad is doing a repeat of last year according to their Twitter and DDOSing gaming servers during the Christmas Holiday. So expect some downtime over the next few days.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Finally got over 50 stars! In celebration I uploaded two new levels.

P Switch Panic!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/EB66-0000-0128-3E70
I pretty much totally revamped this level, I'd really like to know what you all think of it.

Kuribo's Gauntlet
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/3808-0000-0128-4879
I had made this level originally without the wings on the boots and it was way too hard. There is something of a "secret exit" so try to find that too!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I remembered that you can fly with Kuribo's shoe if it has wings, so with that in mind and the new bumpers released I wanted to make a level with a small amount of enemies but the challenge comes from controlling yourself. There's a few secrets hidden that reward 1-ups and the like so hey maybe you can find them all??

Baito's Bounce Base

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

This is a level I was working on when the update hit. I wanted to try making a level with no enemies while still using hazards. This ended up being one of my more visually detailed levels I've made since I don't usually put a lot of effort into that.

Overcoming Obstacles

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/261A-0000-0129-F7C4

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there a way to quickly clear out my bookmark list? I wish I could set it to delete all completed levels.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a way to quickly clear out my bookmark list? I wish I could set it to delete all completed levels.

There isn't a quick way. Next time I havea huge batch, I might just leave them since you can only have 100 and they'll be deleted from the bottom up anyway.

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

If you want to be the first to clear a level, nobody has beaten this super tough, super short course I made: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/F871-0000-010D-61DA

Also, here is my profile, but take note that some levels were made by friends of mine/my girlfriend: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/keithjohnstack

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I need to redo a lot of the older levels I made prior to the recent content updates, but this one I felt didn't need much of an update asides from re-working the power-ups from static to status-dependent and adding a checkpoint. It's half-autoscrolling airship with breaks in-between.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/998A-0000-011B-02EC

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Keith Stack posted:

If you want to be the first to clear a level, nobody has beaten this super tough, super short course I made: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/F871-0000-010D-61DA

I am suing you for emotional assault.

Beating that level was a trying experience.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Orange Crush Rush posted:

\https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/05E4-0000-00D6-E7D6

Super late but I left a comment on it earlier. The first part of it's fine but everything after the flag feels super cluttered and Bowser's fire makes things almost impossible to dodge sometimes. It gets kind of overwhelming and I got so sick of the moving platform by the flag that I just kinda gave up.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Thanks to some feedback, I edited Yoshi Strikes Back with some improvements to make it less bullshit: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/798D-0000-012A-9801

Also I edited an older Smash Bros-themed course to have a checkpoint: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/EDEC-0000-012A-A16D

Please try them both.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
So it seems Nintendo has done a Nintendo thing and made it so that you can't reupload a level they've deleted. You can copy your level to another slot, or make changes to it and save it, but you still can't reupload it. MY LEVEL :negative:

Anyway, here's my profile. I haven't made any new levels recently, but I'm reposting my old ones now that the site should make it easier for people to try them out.

Stealth Stronghold Siege - A stealth level that gets harder every time you make noise or trigger an enemy

Collapsing Curse Cottage - This is the level most people liked; it's a traditional Super Mario World style ghost house. I've tweaked it and reuploaded it to be a bit more fair when hunting for the exit.

Sproing-boing Skies - The first level I made in Mario Maker; it's made entirely with parts from the first row.

Frightful Freighter - Probably my longest level; a ghost ship carrying deadly cargo.

Argue fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 25, 2015

night slime
May 14, 2014

Argue posted:

So it seems Nintendo has done a Nintendo thing and made it so that you can't reupload a level they've deleted. You can copy your level to another slot, or make changes to it and save it, but you still can't reupload it. MY LEVEL

Your level sucked.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anyone have a minute to try out a small joke level? I've titled it One Shot. It's extremely short and simple and has only a couple of hazards but if you die at any point you'll be asked to lower the difficulty level to something more manageable. I think it could vastly be improved on and someone in this very thread could prooobably do it better but I wanted to get it out there :v:

One Shot

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Anyone have a minute to try out a small joke level? I've titled it One Shot. It's extremely short and simple and has only a couple of hazards but if you die at any point you'll be asked to lower the difficulty level to something more manageable. I think it could vastly be improved on and someone in this very thread could prooobably do it better but I wanted to get it out there :v:

One Shot

rta 24.5 seconds

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

zolthorg posted:

rta 24.5 seconds

I did say it was extremely short :v:

If people clear it and don't really see what dying gets you I just recreated the entire level but added clouds over bottomless pits, boxed in every enemy and made it impossible to die in general.

I wanted to make it longer but not sure how to with that mirror level in mind as it's not like I can make the level taller or anything.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Argue posted:

So it seems Nintendo has done a Nintendo thing and made it so that you can't reupload a level they've deleted. You can copy your level to another slot, or make changes to it and save it, but you still can't reupload it. MY LEVEL :negative:

It counts the same as having downloaded it from someone else apparently. You'll have to start from scratch.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

It counts the same as having downloaded it from someone else apparently. You'll have to start from scratch.

Make a copy of your level before uploading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
When I was a little kid, I spent countless hours just drawing Mario levels that I wanted to make and play. When this came out, I was pretty excited to fulfill those fantasies. After making a few levels to learn the tool kit, I decided to start on a project of creating my own Mario Game, complete with 8 worlds.

I proudly present the first two completed areas of my project, Super Mario Voyage!

I tried my best to keep the play style of your standard Mario games, so expect minimal gimmicks. Some of these have been posted here before, but recently saw upgrades from content patches and previous feedback. It's recommended that you save them to Course Bot to play them in order, but they should stand up well enough on their own.

(Click them in reverse order if you want to queue them sequentially)

Island World

SMV 1-1: Koopa Beach

SMV 1-2: Subterranean Shoals

SMV 1-3: Looming Lighthouse

SMV 1-4: Havoc Harbor

Frozen World

SMV 2-1: Peppermint Prairie

SMV 2-2: Glacial Grotto

SMV 2-3: Arctic Asylum

SMV 2-4: Crystalline Castle

Please enjoy and let me know if you have any feedback! The next one down the pipe is Vine World.

DarkLich fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 24, 2015

• Locked thread