Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jolan posted:

Campaign for Free Galilee, you mean?

Give that man a duchy shiny nickel.

Amnistar: I wasn't talking about the accumulated tech level and I know about war. I just want to know how he's gaining 1.5-2 points per month in everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheMcD posted:

The only true way to give out war gains.

"Hey, you! Yes, you! Who are you? The gardener? Well, not anymore, now you're the Duke of Kent because everybody in my family seemed to pick up Ambitious, so you'll have to do!"
I'm somewhat convinced that no matter what every vassal you have will pick up Ambitious at some point.

Then there's the point where 3/4 of the realm is ambitious and finding saps to pass titles off to is a bitch.

Jedit posted:

Amnistar: I wasn't talking about the accumulated tech level and I know about war. I just want to know how he's gaining 1.5-2 points per month in everything.

I'm not entirely certain myself. I parked my spymaster in Abkhazia to smash the factions up, and then sort of forgot about her.

My wife has a huge Learning stat, though. That could be part of it.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm not entirely certain myself. I parked my spymaster in Abkhazia to smash the factions up, and then sort of forgot about her.

My wife has a huge Learning stat, though. That could be part of it.

Hover over the stats if you would? I'm curious if we are receiving bonuses for being jewish or having jewish court?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amnistar posted:

Hover over the stats if you would? I'm curious if we are receiving bonuses for being jewish or having jewish court?

Just really really good learning and the appropriate stats.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Update 4: Endings and...!

I decided to dabble in some trade research, if only to try and inspire the Manessite Republic to innovate or get beaten out by the Venetians.

Meanwhile, the Tengri dissenters are handled in the proper manner.

Next target is Syrt, a small county that somehow escaped our notice during the last conquest.

...But not before another Tengri demonstration.

Moving on.

I've decided to lower my vassals martial obligations, if only to try and curry favor with them.

The Mohametans do enjoy dressing up a succession war as a religious disagreement.

So we go to war with the Syrt!

And it's good!

My oldest daughter comes of age, expressing a keen interest in the Tanakh. I have found her a suitable husband so that they may have 'theological debate'. And give me a grandchild.

To celebrate, the Tengris - no, no, wait, it's just the Slavs.

My mother has been out "researching" in Rome. The fruits of her well-appreciated labor are poured into refining the city tax system.

Unfortunately, her poor old heart couldn't take living without my father for much longer, and she passed from this world. Goodbye...mother.

Meanwhile, the Tengris showed up to pay their respects to my dearly departed mother.

They and the Slavs were entertained.

My second-oldest, Savilay, has become a fine young woman with a tongue of gold. She also is married off to a man who compliments her talents.

Perhaps to alleviate my grieving, God has seen fit to bless me with my first grandchild - Michal.

Ah, good. The peasants are learning.

Qazan, a Bolghar holdout, is next in line to become one with Zion.

Jews have started to immigrate in droves. Welcome home, brothers!

We take Qazan.

My two oldest daughters blessed my with grandsons within a week of each other. Jacob and Joseph, god bless.

My son has become a man, mazal tov! He would make a fine Rabbi if God did not have greater plans for him.

Another county, taken in Adonai's name!

Ahaha! Yes, yes, good! These wars of God's strength truly are helping!

Ah, and a new daughter! This has been a grand turn of events! Nothing, yea nothing, could make me unhappy now!

------------------------------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5maatbbkb197u4l/Let%27s%20Play%202.ck2

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Going out on a high note, better than most of our line.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Khan Khagan Manar the Pious, founder of Imperial Zion.

Law: Family Business - All future Khagans must have at least one close family member (mother/sister/brother/son/daughter) on their council, regardless of stats. This will promote cooperation among the Bulanid line.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

I have claimed the save, might not be able to update right away though, got finals to get through.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
All those holy wars seem to have gotten us to a tipping point; that's wonderful news. What's our Moral Authority at right now?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Weird - that's giving me a "Broken Save" response.

EDIT: because I'm an idiot and rightclicked -> save as rather than opening in a new tab and then downloading.

CapnAndy posted:

All those holy wars seem to have gotten us to a tipping point; that's wonderful news. What's our Moral Authority at right now?

ulmont fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 12, 2014

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Is this game dead :ohdear: ?

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Totally agree with "the Pious" and "Founder of Imperial Zion".
Glad to see someone die on a happy note, despite the irony. :)

Ever onwards, to the ends of Scandinavia and beyond!

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 17, 2014

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

ForeverBWFC posted:

Is this game dead :ohdear: ?

Nah I just had to slay the beast known as finals, expect an update soon.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Blackunknown posted:

Nah I just had to slay the beast known as finals, expect an update soon.

In case you finish before Tuesday, I'll be out of town until then and I'll try to get started as soon as I get back.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Greetings, I am Khagan Menumarot of the Zion Khaganate.

And this is my lovely wife to be.
I have inherited my title from my Father Khagan Manar, the founder of Zionite Empire. I seek to become worthy of his legacy by leading the Jewish people to a brighter future.

First, however let us be done with this minuscule war.

Excellent.
Now who to give the county too? Ah!

This Bugha seems like a reliable fellow, in addition a branch dynasty seems like it would have some uses, very well give him the county.

Bughid does not seem the most creative of the names he could have chosen, but it is his choice.

Raising the crown authority should allow to institute Primogeniture succession in a decade or so.

The Khan of Cumania has died and it seems like an excellent time to strike at them....

But it would perhaps be wise to take care of domestic problems first.

Speaking of domestic I have finally wedded my bride.

Ah, excellent news the population is abandoning their heathen ways and accepting the True Faith,

Slowly but surely we are achieving complete religious unity, this is most excellen..... wait a minute.

How and when did THAT happen?!
----------------------------------------------------
Alright so the Byzantine Empire is Catholic, I did not see that coming. Anyway it's 1000, which might be an excellent time for a State of the World, if so you want I should kick the save your way Amnistar?

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
Bad luck on that. Now all of Catholicism will be on you guys.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I've had the Byzantine Empire turn Catholic on me pretty drat regularly from the 867 start date.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Excellent, this is pure opportunity. Look for rebellions, exploit the hell out of them! Get back what was once ours!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Munin posted:

I've had the Byzantine Empire turn Catholic on me pretty drat regularly from the 867 start date.

They usually turn Catholic on me if Hungary takes over, which seems to be what happened this time. Either Catholic Hungary overpowers the Byzantines or Tengri Hungary takes over and then converts to avoid a crusade.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.

The Empress is a Catholic. With a child heir that's not of her dynasty. A child who has an older brother who's a bit miffed at getting passed over for the throne.

If I wasn't busy beating the poo poo out of random OPMs, I would've been sending assassins at her like crazy.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.

The Empress is a Catholic. With a child heir that's not of her dynasty. A child who has an older brother who's a bit miffed at getting passed over for the throne.

If I wasn't busy beating the poo poo out of random OPMs, I would've been sending assassins at her like crazy.

Sounds like ideal grounds for a plot.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Blackunknown posted:

Raising the crown authority should allow to institute Primogeniture succession in a decade or so.

Why? Elective is the best succession law (and Medium is the best crown authority)...

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.
Primo is good if you have a lot of family members landed since Elective sticks you with an opinion penalty. Do we have a lot of landed family members?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

The Mighty Biscuit posted:

Primo is good if you have a lot of family members landed since Elective sticks you with an opinion penalty. Do we have a lot of landed family members?

Almost certainly, but I think we also are getting a boost for them being dynasty members before the elective penalty, right?

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

The same dynasty boost is only +5. The elective penalty is -20. It's significant. Seniority or Primo are your go to when you are landing piles of dynasty members and have no access Tanistry.

Unless you are like me and just enjoy the thunderdome of an Elective Monarchy where all the electors hate you.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

The same dynasty boost is only +5. The elective penalty is -20.

No, it's not. This is from fully patched (but non-beta) RoI:

+5 Same dynasty, -5 Elective Monarchy, which cancels out. With the +10 you save from being able to stay at Medium Crown Authority instead of High Crown Authority, you're at +10 to your dynasty vassals and +30 to anyone else by comparison to Primo.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

It varies it seems.

Thats from one of my sons, and the penalty is -10. I was unable to find the -20 I distinctly remember, but that might have been from a first son who lost the election or something.

And you don't need to stay in High to keep primo up. You can drop it to Med as soon as your ruler croaks.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Thats from one of my sons, and the penalty is -10. I was unable to find the -20 I distinctly remember, but that might have been from a first son who lost the election or something.

Yeah, the wiki claims -30 for oldest child, -10 for other children, -5 for other dynasty, and +20 for other vassals.
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Elective

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Do our borders stretch way more north and west than I thought, or is Judaism spreading outside our territory? Either one is good.

Also I wouldn't worry about the Catholic Byzantines, just keep them buttered up and wait for the whole thing to completely loving implode because her subjects are still mostly Orthodox, they won't like that.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

Do our borders stretch way more north and west than I thought, or is Judaism spreading outside our territory?

I think it's more the former. The north part is Ugra, I think, and the west part is only a little past the Crimea.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

just got back from vacation. If you want to do a state of the world, go for it, otherwise I'll wait till the end of your update.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And when someone gets a chance, what was the date of the changeover?

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

CapnAndy posted:

Also I wouldn't worry about the Catholic Byzantines, just keep them buttered up and wait for the whole thing to completely loving implode because her subjects are still mostly Orthodox, they won't like that.

It usually doesn't take that long. If there's a major civil war we should probably make our move to grab a few duchies.
Hopefully before that happens we can ride into Scandinavia and mainland Europe until we border the North Sea, the English Channel, Gibraltar, Morocco and beyond, India; to finish the work of the Hordes and unite the tribes!

Normally this would mean repetitive strain injury for any one player, but in a succession game?? We must not stop till this Earth is renamed Zion!

Faster! More War!! Constant expansion!!!
These are my humble pleas to my ancestors.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 21, 2014

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Decided not to do the State of the World, update gonna be delayed a bit because of work, hang tight people.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

ulmont posted:

Yeah, the wiki claims -30 for oldest child, -10 for other children, -5 for other dynasty, and +20 for other vassals.
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Elective
Which is a perfectly acceptable trade-off IMO for having your pick of heirs.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
This game sure was fun while it lasted.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Jolan posted:

This game sure was fun while it lasted.

I think the waiting list approach is causing a lot more problems than the "first come first serve" approach the EUIV succession thread has would have. You put yourself into a waiting list a month and a half ago (or worse as time goes on) and when your turn comes it's "oh hello there real life, how well-timed of you to suddenly drop in and gently caress everything up for the next few weeks". This always happens because that's how whatever turns the wheels of fate gets its jollies.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 26, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Blackunknown, is everything manageable or do you need someone else to take the save?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I Theory the 2 day timer on picking up the save file was designed to allow it to roll over if people were to busy. The EUIV game had its own share of prolonged updates so I am not too worried about the wait list being the source of the problems. People should be aware enough thay if they are busy when their turn comes up to let it pass them over...and they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
I'm willing to wait for Blackunknown, and it's not his or anyone else's fault, but this is going to happen again and the other system was better I think.

• Locked thread