Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Can you poison her? Maybe bring along an Awoken Neptune? Poison, enhance, one-shot and then poison ticks her down to zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

Can you poison her? Maybe bring along an Awoken Neptune? Poison, enhance, one-shot and then poison ticks her down to zero.

I'm going to assume, no. Or stall etc

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Thanks for all the Shiva invites, now a happy owner of Best Minerva.

Now to grab 3 jewels of fire to make me a dancing queen.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

RoboCicero posted:

Oh, didn't I mention? She also has a ~~~pre-emptive status shiiieeeld~~~

I mean, after all, if you could just poison or delay her, that'd be too easy, right?

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 29, 2015

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Any damage shield or even a simple dark resist awakening would make that attack survivable, it's not an automatic stone.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
So she actually has a 50% reduction against light and dark too? Oof.

Hahaha, I love the machine translation for the status shield

quote:

within 999 rounds abnormal conditions (such as drugs, bullying, anti-break)

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 29, 2015

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

DaveWoo posted:

I mean, after all, if you could just poison or delay her, that'd be too easy, right?

So then clearly the answer is to carefully work her down to 50.01%, hit her with Ra, and then one-shot her from there. Easy!

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I saw a smidge of ult Beelz chat last page, is anybody having success with that team? Ronias/rows, or go all out with the prongs and run dark Zeus and new Hades?

I was able to ult my Beelz yesterday but I need about 4m dark xp to start messing with it (and a loving Gaia to add in Hades)

korora
Sep 3, 2011

opaopa13 posted:

So then clearly the answer is to carefully work her down to 50.01%, hit her with Ra, and then one-shot her from there. Easy!
Or just use two 30% gravities before you try to one-shot, or plink then gravity, etc.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Nosre posted:

I saw a smidge of ult Beelz chat last page, is anybody having success with that team? Ronias/rows, or go all out with the prongs and run dark Zeus and new Hades?

I was able to ult my Beelz yesterday but I need about 4m dark xp to start messing with it (and a loving Gaia to add in Hades)

I've rolled him out a few times now that he's awoken. Still only level 60ish though. I've only tried the obvious row route, but dark prongs could be fun.
Using him on KotG with Ronia is a nice safety net. I went double Beelz once and took 2 hits from Zeus just for a laugh too.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Nosre posted:

There was a bunch of talk of ult. Beelz in the previous thread. When paired with Ronia, he is an amazing lead - the increased RCV from Ronia and the increased HP from Beelz is huge and allows the team to tackle many descends, more than the typical ronia-ronia or ronia-lu bu teams. His 2 TPAs are great as well.

As the owner of a pretty good Ronia team, and a friends-list full of 297-Ronias, if I could just get another yellow and green orb to invade I'd ult mine in a second.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Beelz prong teams are pretty great but super whaley. Beelz/Byakko/Persephone/Super Hades/Mini Lillith or D/B Bats/Beelz has so much hp and offensive potential that his lack of RCV is moot in a lot of places, but also yeah Beelz/Ronia is tanky af and can do literally any dungeon in the game (I think with farmable subs too?)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nosre posted:

I'm having some fun running KotG with this team, for what it's worth:

I use Loki -> Red Sonia to take out the sub-boss on Floor 9, followed by Hera->Persephone->Chaos Dragon->Beelz (with Loki still active) on Zeus himself.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

I'm having trouble finding dungeon details. Got a link to any of it?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ReidRansom posted:

I'm having trouble finding dungeon details. Got a link to any of it?

http://pad.skyozora.com/stage/%E3%8...%8D%84%E7%B4%9A

(Datamined info, so may be subject to changes or revisions)

endjinn
Sep 22, 2013
I am still having a terrible time on Trifruits, which is likely due to my lack of skill. I tried with this team that was based on something from PDX:

https://www.padherder.com/user/endjinn/teams/#115591

After getting orb-screwed on floor 2, I'm wondering if this is a better team to get more orb-changing up and going quickly.

https://www.padherder.com/user/endjinn/teams/#115593

Based on my box, are there better options?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Nosre posted:

Raenir posted the team I came up with for Beelz (I'll be using Batman):

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Beelz prong teams are pretty great but super whaley. Beelz/Byakko/Persephone/Super Hades/Mini Lillith or D/B Bats/Beelz
My plan is to use a Ronia friend though. With that team, rows and prongs are covered as there are five Dark row awakenings and everyone except Ronia has at least one prong awakening. 37.5k HP and 5.5k RCV.

I need Gaia to come back so that I can evolve Hades but I'll be trying Gryps in Hades' place for now, after I hit Super Metals hard tonight.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

endjinn posted:

I am still having a terrible time on Trifruits, which is likely due to my lack of skill. I tried with this team that was based on something from PDX:

After getting orb-screwed on floor 2, I'm wondering if this is a better team to get more orb-changing up and going quickly.

I'd personally go with that second team. This is what I run:

https://www.padherder.com/user/EroSmith/teams/#115610

The only times I've ever had a failed run are when I've accidentally killed the tamadra while stalling for skills.

Brade
Apr 30, 2013

endjinn posted:

At a minimum for your first team you should lead with your Hera-Ur and sub Sonia. If you're failing due to orb trolling and you absolutely need a second 5rd orb changer, swap out Beelzebub. While he's a great monster, he's not really helping the team out with more then 2.5x from your Ronia.

I use Shiva, Awoken Minerva, Gigas, Echidna, Belial, Ronia friend. The last piece that made everything so much easier was when I was finally able to slot in Minerva for the second fast orb swap. Before her I used a Volcano Dragon, and while it was successful it wasn't nearly as repeatable.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Beelz prong teams are pretty great but super whaley. Beelz/Byakko/Persephone/Super Hades/Mini Lillith or D/B Bats/Beelz has so much hp and offensive potential that his lack of RCV is moot in a lot of places, but also yeah Beelz/Ronia is tanky af and can do literally any dungeon in the game (I think with farmable subs too?)

Nice, nice. Got the D/B bats and Super Hades, so this (and the other replies) are encouraging. Probably do a hybrid thing with a Ronia on there, since I lack a Persephone or Byakko

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

http://pad.skyozora.com/stage/%E3%8...%8D%84%E7%B4%9A

(Datamined info, so may be subject to changes or revisions)

Thanks. Interesting. Guess we'll find out the rest tomorrow or so.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Nosre posted:

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Beelz/Sonia can beat any dungeon that isn't challenge levels 9 or 10 so far as I know, and with totally farmable subs.

Beelz/Drawn Joker/Vampire/Lilith/Hera/Sonia

Plus in Japan they call it BubuSoni which is amazing, so it has that going for it too.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

ChikoDemono posted:

Post your ID

My ID is 306,853,369 if anyone wants in on some level 19 Freyja action. I set up a pad herder account too, which looks awesome.

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)

DaveWoo posted:

From what I hear, it's actually even better than that - she has a built-in Resolve ability that prevents you from reducing her below 1 HP if she's at 50% health or higher, followed by a full heal if she's below 1% health. So it's basically a straight-up "gently caress you" to anyone hoping to one-shot her.

Oh, and if you get her below 50% HP, she allegedly has an attack that hits you for 100% of your health. Have fun.

She has a cycle of 6 turns.

1st: Do nothing
2nd: Poison + dmg
3rd: Do nothing
4th: Hits you for... a lot of damage
5th: Do nothing
6th: "100% gravity"/instant death

So uhh get her to below 50% then nuke the crap out of her somehow while surviving a lot of damage. :haw:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

miasmacloud posted:

So uhh get her to below 50% then nuke the crap out of her somehow while surviving a lot of damage. :haw:
You have to slog through the first 3 million HP while still holding on to a burst. On top of that, she's permanent half damage for light and dark.

If you're mostly dark, this cancels the dark-on-light damage boost for the first 3 million HP, and then your burst basically has to do 6 million-ish since you're at half-damage.
If you're mostly light, getting through the first 3 million HP will take forever.

Basically, you need two huge bursts. Even a Lu Bu -> Sonia -> Drop Enhance would have trouble doing the second 6-million, I would imagine. If you could somehow cram two gravities onto a Sonia team and still do decent burst, you could maybe drop her below 50% with gravity first.

EDIT

I hadn't really looked at the rest of the data. This is truly the "gently caress you" Descended:

- Ronia starts with a 6-combo or better shield
- Gronia has a preemptive 1-turn damage boost, then hits for over 40K on her first turn. Get her below 75% and then she has a 5-turn skill bind, but the 40K hit probably takes priority so you can't just drop her below 75% on the first turn, then kill.
- Blonia has a preemptive status shield, then ONLY hits for 10K-ish every turn, making blue orbs every other turn, when above 30%.
- All three of them have a one-turn skip, then insta-death when they get below 30%

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 30, 2015

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

EU Godfest on the 31st, and it's Indian 2 God, Archdemon, with x1 to Metatron.

I've only got Durga out of those so will probably give one pull chasing that Ronia or Odin, otherwise eh

Edit: Just tried Takaminakata Descended for the first time on Legend, went in blind, finished him off with a 17 combo after he doubled his attack power, and got an egg drop. :v:

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 30, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I cleared Castle of Satan tonight and I gotta say the folks I added off padherder carried me hard through it. Having near a fully maxed god backing your team up with a massive HP boost and skills saved my bacon multiple times.

Decided to give a couple of special dungeons a try and the intro level is a pretty easy roll over, now I've got a cool insect dragon dude if I ever need light on my team. Gonna toss my friend id out there too!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

miasmacloud posted:

Mezzanine posted:

You have to slog through the first 3 million HP while still holding on to a burst. On top of that, she's permanent half damage for light and dark.

EDIT

I hadn't really looked at the rest of the data. This is truly the "gently caress you" Descended:

- Ronia starts with a 6-combo or better shield
- Gronia has a preemptive 1-turn damage boost, then hits for over 40K on her first turn. Get her below 75% and then she has a 5-turn skill bind, but the 40K hit probably takes priority so you can't just drop her below 75% on the first turn, then kill.
- Blonia has a preemptive status shield, then ONLY hits for 10K-ish every turn, making blue orbs every other turn, when above 30%.
- All three of them have a one-turn skip, then insta-death when they get below 30%

Oh, this sounds amazing. Can't wait to see the videos for this one. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sounds like a good reason to stone a few times to get through then call it a day.

Or be insane and try to skill her up.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Built in resolve / damage reduction is pretty interesting. I know GungHo has tried to be upfront about status effects by having them explicitly tied to turns (pre-emptive status shield and pre-emptive combo shield). I'm guessing at one point they had something like "Shield Of Puzzle And Dragons : Status Shield Also Resolve And Light Dark Resistance", realized that no one would be able to read that in the half-second it shows up, and went "people are going to look up this dungeon online, so w/e"

It'll be interesting seeing where this goes in a year when more of these uber descended dungeons show up.

Also while I'm here, it's sad how infrequently poison is useful. You sort of feel like it's one of those "conditionally neat" abilities like voiding damage, but the only place I can think of that it'd be helpful is with high defense high hp monster without a status shield (basically like the Barons that show up in Hera-Sowilo, or, uh, Extreme Metal King Dragon)

It's still better than counterattacks though, which are completely pointless due to that the only way they're good if you can soak a 100k+ hit, in which case you're still barely competitive with the Lucifer nukes *and* you also need to have over 100k hp to survive the hit. GungHo should make them reflect unreduced damage so it would make stuff like using Ganesha and Anubis to reflect a OHKO hit useful, or a goofy Tengu strategy.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
Seems to me that the "50% damage from light and dark" means "bring an RGB team" rather than trying to work around it for half the life bar.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

KnifeWrench posted:

Seems to me that the "50% damage from light and dark" means "bring an RGB team" rather than trying to work around it for half the life bar.

Okay but how are you going to deal with the Sonia strong against your element

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

Okay but how are you going to deal with the Sonia strong against your element

Sounds like no matter what you're going to have to deal with something strong against your element, or you're going to use a rainbow team.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Countdown to Paprika video of Anubis and / or Dark Ra.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
So I have brand new Samurai Zaerog and need friends to partner with him. Add me please if you use him. 360,846, 292.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
Is there anyone who needs to still do a present exchange? I should probably go ahead and do mine.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Ugh, posted about Sun Quan being like the only thing I'd whale after and then they announce a 3K godfest with... demons :barf: (I have everything but Belial, and I don't even know how much I'd use him). Why couldn't you just be nice and give me India 2. Gung Ho :argh:

Ned posted:

Is there anyone who needs to still do a present exchange? I should probably go ahead and do mine.

It looks like I have one available, not sure which it is - maybe a globe?

EDIT: OH hey, Gala of tides, maybe it is the time to go for Sun Quan

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 30, 2015

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Karnegal posted:

It looks like I have one available, not sure which it is - maybe a globe?

Ok, I'll send mine to you!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Ned posted:

Ok, I'll send mine to you!

Sent you one it does look to be a Present Egg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm kinda glad I don't have like 95% of all these REM gods. It makes every Godfest exciting. :dance:

• Locked thread