Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still think Taste is scum though. I want it to be clear that my vote has nothing to do with YPM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Did the PM state anything about your velocity relative to each other..?

Nope! But we can talk and try to figure out the mystery together

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

:laffo:

##unvote

Yeah YPM you've come out like you had a sure thing, but that's super loving ambiguous.

I think you need to back up the claim a bit more, and the fact you left out pertinent info seems suss as gently caress.
##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

I'm not going after you though, all I've done is answered your questions and clarified some of your assumptions.

I said potential scumslip, it's a role heavy game and if we're looking at the meta poo poo the 3 Headed Knight isn't a member of the Round Table.

It's a logical conclusion is all, and I'll be keeping an eye on Shadow0 a lot more because of it.

This is dumb. There's only like, 6 members of the Round Table. Town's going to have a whole load of side characters to make up the numbers.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I thought the rivalry arc between myself and YPM ended but maybe he came back from his law break brainwashed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Rarity, don't be stupid

This is not the strongest case for unvoting someone that I've seen.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rascyc posted:

I don't see how that means 100% scum either. He went into it. How does he draw that conclusion from what he went into it?

Nice attempt at distancing from my case on you by going after me I guess?

Rascyc, think about this logically, what benefit would scum have to do a 1 on 1 trade on day 1?

Like, if taste is town, then we lynch YPM and its just a 1 for 1 trade which really does not benefit scum at all.

There is literally no downside to testing YPM's claim.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Your Personal Muse posted:

It said the three coconuts I set up in an isosceles triangle buckled under the pressure, leading you to conclude TT is not a friend of the sciences

Oh nevermind

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I still want to vote for taste because I thought he was scum before YPM even posted.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

This is dumb. There's only like, 6 members of the Round Table. Town's going to have a whole load of side characters to make up the numbers.

Well sure, but the 3 Headed Knight actively tried to kill Brave Sir Robin. (Brave Brave Sir Robin)
If we're going the meta game it would be logical to at least keep a close eye on Shadow0 for claiming it.

There's a ton of side characters like "Sir Not Appearing In This Picture", Minstrels, the "Great Tracts of Land" King-guy, etc.

Going to bed. Gonna be a fun time for the yanks to catch up to 500 posts :tootzzz:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Well sure, but the 3 Headed Knight actively tried to kill Brave Sir Robin. (Brave Brave Sir Robin)

I'm not worried about this, personally.

Besides, scum must have been given fakeclaims here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

I'm not worried about this, personally.

Besides, scum must have been given fakeclaims here.

Yeah its a totally moot point because specifically in games where the flavor matters, any scum will be given fakeclaims unless the mod is dumb and bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can't be too upset at getting mislynched as VT though. Just don't buy lovely excuses for bad votes because it was d1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FL, are you dumb and bad?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

I can't be too upset at getting mislynched as VT though. Just don't buy lovely excuses for bad votes because it was d1

I dunno if you'll get lynched now that YPM got all weird.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

This is not the strongest case for unvoting someone that I've seen.

Your case isn't grounded in anything that can be argued against

Usually this would tip someone off that it's a bad vote

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, one odd thing.

The experiment dude is Bedevere. I found one weird witch script on the internet where they refer to him as Vladimir instead, but it's Bedevere. I just rewatched the scene.

Not sure what to make of that.

Have to say there is no Vladimir in holy grail, could just be a mistake but i think it's a bit suspicious.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TheDonPeters posted:

Have to say there is no Vladimir in holy grail, could just be a mistake but i think it's a bit suspicious.

Oh yeah, I missed that hmm.

I like Tastes reaction to this whole thing.

##unvote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Please fill up the next few pages with useless bickering, that'll be real helpful later on.

this basically sums up most of what I'm reading through, goddamn. I agree with KB that this Kash/KK slapfight is a null tell - both of them do the whole kneejerk defensive thing, and it's tiring as poo poo to read.

A couple of things:

Tremendous Taste posted:

As someone who wrote a senior thesis on the Arthurian tradition I'm just happy to be here

Tremendous Taste posted:

For whatever it's worth, I'm one of robin's minstrels. I'd assumed all vt would be the same. Perhaps that would be too easy a back door

Are these conflicting role claims/breadcrumbs from TT? There's an Arthurian scholar character in the movie, if I recall correctly.

CPig's jump to calling KK a lyncher is strange, since I haven't SEEN a lyncher in any of the mafia games I've followed on SA (and I follow them all). I wouldn't think they'd be in the forefront of anyone's mind.

Infinitum posted:

Isn't the 3 Headed Knight a villain?

Propaganda Machine posted:

No.

They are KNIGHTS.

Knights who say NI!!

PMach's immediate defense of what might be a flavorslip from Shadow0 rubs me the wrong way.

Aaaaand I just hit YPM's claim so going to hit post and break this up.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh good, 10 pages of new content!

*wades through pages and pages of boring-rear end Kash/KK bitchfest :bravo2: *

:argh:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nah, that's rl college claim haha

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CapitalistPig posted:

I still want to vote for taste because I thought he was scum before YPM even posted.

Why

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tpink posted:

Oh good, 10 pages of new content!

*wades through pages and pages of boring-rear end Kash/KK bitchfest :bravo2: *

:argh:

Just be glad TM's not in this game :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here are the notable reactions to the YPM claim:

KB, Kash, Friction immediately jump on it (though KB and Kash expand on their thought processes)
Infinitum and PMach ask for further clarification
Rascyc immediately dismisses it for no good reason

After YPM clarifies the stupid coconut experiment:

Kash and Infinitum immediately unvote
Rarity keeps their vote (but says it's not due to YPM's claim) - and so does CPig, but he later unvotes
Kash is like "well I guess TT probably won't be lynched now" which seems a bit premature

I want to know YPM's full flavor, Vladimir is not a character in Holy Grail (not to be confused with Sir Not Appearing In This Film) but their claim seems way too complex.

Rascyc is the person that comes out of this exchange looking the worst, for dismissing that claim out of hand when we had every reason to believe it - check their posts so far: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771012&userid=131124
That's the exact same kind of wishy-washy playing-it-safe posting that I called him out for in the soldiers game, and he was scum there. Their case on Infinitum basically boils down to "I don't like their reaction to the mason claim, they did a puzzle, and they're ACTIVE but not PROACTIVE."

Rascyc, can you give me a read on your second strongest scum case after Infinitum? I'm not really following your thought processes, and want to make sure it's not just bias holding over from the soldiers game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

THE MASONRY HAS CHOSEN

Where's my PMed link to a masondoc, then? :colbert:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Nah, that's rl college claim haha

Oh ok :shobon: HOW CONVENIENT!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
God I hate this avatar. I can't wait for the other game to end so I can change it back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Podima posted:

Rascyc is the person that comes out of this exchange looking the worst, for dismissing that claim out of hand when we had every reason to believe itfrom the soldiers game.

A D1 cop claim alone is reason enough to disbelieve it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I read rascyc the opposite way, sees nonsense where it is

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Where's my PMed link to a masondoc, then? :colbert:

unfortunately, you were not agreed upon :(

However you probably don't have to worry about KK and I fighting in the thread so much anymore :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Here are the notable reactions to the YPM claim:

KB, Kash, Friction immediately jump on it (though KB and Kash expand on their thought processes)

I somehow missed one last thought here that never made it to the post - Friction is looking a bit scummy to me, which is why I'm not full on condemning Rascyc because he caught it too.

Friction.123 posted:

You're being obtuse, but for what its worth I at least believe you are being sincere (and you brought some good points).

Unfortunately, no one is going to be willing to vote for a possible scum when between YPM and TT we have confirmed scum. The actual details of how YPM came to the conclusion are somewhat irrelevant (provided he definitely got a scum result and isn't misinterpreting his results). It is a dumb gambit for a scum to make on D1, as it definitely outs them on D2 at the absolute latest for only one mislynch. Later in the game? Sure, when a mislynch puts us at lylo or worse.

Buddying up in the first line, and taking a lynch of YPM or TT as granted on the second line while trying to squelch alternatives. This feels to me like scum trying to push what they know is a guaranteed mislynch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

God I hate this avatar. I can't wait for the other game to end so I can change it back

you suck

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

A D1 cop claim alone is reason enough to disbelieve it.

If you got a n0 cop result on someone as scum, wouldn't you want to be open about it in case you get NKed before you can check your results? I get the worry about insanity, but eh. I feel like the benefits of outing scum d1 outweigh the possible risk of insanity - but at the same time, I would have WAITED so we had more interactions to check in hindsight.

Kashuno posted:

unfortunately, you were not agreed upon :(

However you probably don't have to worry about KK and I fighting in the thread so much anymore :v:

I am okay with this course of events

Kashuno posted:

you suck

:colbert: I'm keeping it at least till the end of game!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Urgh it's 440am, I'm trying to get to sleep, and all I can think about this loving game.
Phone posting it is.

TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

##vote TT

I will say I don''t know if I'm insane or not (or if the results of that particular experiment were wrong)

I didn't know at the beginning of the process that I would have to leave one of them by the wayside. I am assuming that it is from my side that I had to leave CP out of the experiment, as a way of hovering my future experiments since I can't use CP for the rest of the game. I would guess that it will continue like that the next day (I will choose two people, choose a number, leave one of the people out of experiments permanently, and get some sort of result, whether it be cop or other role)

It said the three coconuts I set up in an isosceles triangle buckled under the pressure, leading you to conclude TT is not a friend of the sciences

I don't like any of these posts at all on reflection.

First he posts alignment, then mentions insanity, then rolecopping abilities, and when pushed on the results they're so ambiguous he's practically lying in his initial post/vote on TT.
NOWHERE in those results does it say Scum.

I'm still relatively new to mafia games, but this almost feels like a 'Lynch all liars' scenario.

##vote YPM

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
If what I'm doing is buddying up, then you must be buddying up to rascyc too. Oh and KB agreed with me earlier so he must be buddying up to me too, he must be scum.

The logic that a PR claiming to have found scum means either A) they are in fact a PR who found scum and we should lynch the person they found or B) they are lying scum and will be revealed as such when their target flips. Numerous people have shown how scenario B makes zero sense this early in the game.

There is a secret third scenario, where the PR is town who is either lying (which is very stupid) or does not fully understand their results.

Either way you're argument is terrible and I am starting to think you're scum. Actually that's a lie, you posted about wanting in to the mason doc earlier then vanished during the entire heated discussion of this morning which is not like you, and now you're making bad arguments against me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

guys, I want to let you all know we have a lot of new players in the game. Please be very specific if you think someone is scummy. They don't know lingo like we do

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Votecount for Day 1

Kashuno (5): Infinitum, White Noise Marine, Khris Kruel, Jimson, Azuth0667, TheDonPeters, TheDonPeters, Shadow0, Infinitum
Tremendous Taste (3): CapitalistPig, Rarity, Kashuno, Kashuno, Your Personal Muse, King Burgundy, Kashuno, Infinitum, Kashuno, Infinitum, CapitalistPig
gannyGrabber (1): gannyGrabber
Infinitum (1): Rarity, Rarity, Rascyc
Your Personal Muse (1): Infinitum
Khris Kruel (0): CapitalistPig, Kashuno, gannyGrabber, CapitalistPig, Kashuno, gannyGrabber
Tommunist (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
White Noise Marine (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (12): SirSamVimes, Friction.123, Podima, Shadow0, Glowku, Tommunist, tpink, Propaganda Machine, Doctor Dogballs, Tremendous Taste, GulagDolls, TheDonPeters, Kashuno, CapitalistPig

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 53 hours 15 minutes, if my math is accurate.

As usual, please point out anything you noticed if I missed it.

Two of my votecounts have been sniped between preview and post, amazing.

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 5, 2016

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
And just to end this red herring early, I am the African swallow and no, I don't know what my unladen flight speed or how it compares to friend Kashuno.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Podima posted:

If you got a n0 cop result on someone as scum, wouldn't you want to be open about it in case you get NKed before you can check your results? I get the worry about insanity, but eh. I feel like the benefits of outing scum d1 outweigh the possible risk of insanity - but at the same time, I would have WAITED so we had more interactions to check in hindsight.

Yes but this game didn't have an N0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Podima posted:

Rascyc immediately dismisses it for no good reason

Rascyc, can you give me a read on your second strongest scum case after Infinitum? I'm not really following your thought processes, and want to make sure it's not just bias holding over from the soldiers game.

I ignored it, then talked to YPM about it. I don't feel like I've dismissed it.

My second strongest is friction for the chain lynch post.

• Locked thread