Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Komet posted:

If there's one thing we all agree on, it's that we need an 8 team playoff. Ohio State deserves to be in the playoff, regardless of the outcome of the Big Ten championship.

For reference, what an 8 team playoff would look like this year:

Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
Washington
Wisconsin/PSU
Michigan
Oklahoma/OSU
???????? (Could be VT/Colorado if there were an upset, could be Western Michigan/Navy, could be the loser of the games that get the winner in, it is a mystery!!!!)

Look at all of those good football games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Western Michigan. Why not?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

Not really if you actually consider the power 5 bias for teams that hold a championship game

The what? Are you talking about 2014 TCU? Because like i said those are different situations

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm hoping for the chaos that would ensue with Colorado and Virginia Tech winning, plus a poorly-played Big Ten championship. That would be fun.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Western Michigan University is undefeated in college football this season.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Western Michigan has more Big Ten wins than Rutgers this year.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
TCU real 2014 champs baby LOOK AT DAT TITLE BELT

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
There's gotta be real WMU fans who actually believe "we want Bama", it must be adorable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

There's gotta be real WMU fans who actually believe "we want Bama", it must be adorable.

Probably a lot of people who've spent their whole lives in west Michigan and don't follow football outside of the team.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Regnevelc posted:

Western Michigan has more Big Ten wins than Rutgers this year.

And Sparty and Purdue. And the same as Illinois

Western are good, should be in the playoff

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Ehhhhhhh

I mean they beat Purdue and Illinois. Let's temper those expectations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

Ehhhhhhh

I mean they beat Purdue and Illinois. Let's temper those expectations.

Northwestern and Illinois.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Eastern Michigan is going to the Bahamas Bowl.

The last time EMU played in a bowl game, that bowl season ended with Michigan defeating Alabama in Tampa, FL.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

wyoak posted:

The safety was intentional

Was the 4th and 21 intentional too?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wish Michigan had won and solved everything

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That's a reminder that getting to play games against Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, and Michigan State probably did a lot to help those other three teams look pretty awesome. The only Big Ten wins that those four teams had other than between themselves were Indiana and Maryland over Purdue.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

This season presents as good of an argument that we need an 8 team playoff as that Alabama-LSU national championship did that we need a playoffs in the first place. Get rid of the meaningless conference championship games and put the best 8 teams in the playoff, why haven't you done this already, NCAA?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

^^^
My man :respek:

Take out creampuff week if you need to and add another round to the playoffs so that all the major conf camps get in and you have 10000x more room for edge cases and wild cards

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Because it's not the NCAA doing it

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

theflyingexecutive posted:

Was the 4th and 21 intentional too?

It was. 4 kneeldowns to end the game

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Crotch Bat posted:

Just as realistic a shot at beating them as Penn State or Washington or whoever the gently caress

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
just make the entire season a playoff, problem solved

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Ideally football goes year round

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
gently caress it, let's go to a five team playoff where Alabama gets the #1 seed in perpetuity and everyone else gets to fight for the right to challenge them.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Maybe Alabama should play the Browns, that'll get the internet talking

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

wyoak posted:

Maybe Alabama should play the Browns, that'll get the internet talking

A lot of dumb people thinking Bama keeps it close, yea. There's way more than you think, too. I guess people don't quite recognize that just because Bama has a bunch of NFL draft picks that it doesn't mean they have a bunch of NFL starters and that their depth chart is full of guys who will never go pro while even the Browns are filled with nothing but guys far better than that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Even the Browns practice squad would smoke Bama.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jalen Hurts against even a bad NFL secondary would get really ugly, but I don't think anyone here seriously buys the Bama against a NFL team thing so this is all very much preaching to the choir

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Itd be like Bama playing the very best high school team

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol espn

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Northwestern and Illinois.

Same difference, tbh.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DJExile posted:

lol espn

I think you'll find that the N stands for wisconsiN

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

That's a reminder that getting to play games against Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, and Michigan State probably did a lot to help those other three teams look pretty awesome. The only Big Ten wins that those four teams had other than between themselves were Indiana and Maryland over Purdue.

Name a conference that doesn't have a slew of lovely teams this year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

Same difference, tbh.

Um excuse me but only one has the #hat, mister :colbert:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Itd be like Bama playing the very best high school team

is it because Alabama is basically an all star high school team

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

Name a conference that doesn't have a slew of lovely teams this year.

the mid american

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

the mid american

Missouri Valley.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

DrunkPanda posted:

This season presents as good of an argument that we need an 8 team playoff as that Alabama-LSU national championship did that we need a playoffs in the first place. Get rid of the meaningless conference championship games and put the best 8 teams in the playoff, why haven't you done this already, NCAA?

I don't care about an 8 team playoff but I'm good with eliminating conference championship games and OOC games and just play your conference so people will shut up about non champions over champions. Teams dont even play every team in their conference and still every one cares way to much about who wins it. Anyone with eyes can see that Michigan and Ohio State have the two best teams in the Big Ten so I don't care about who wins on Saturday.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
the mid american again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

the mid american

• Locked thread